Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » Kwame walks out on bill at The Detroit Club TODAY!! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 360
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Reported by Channel 4 at 6 pm:
Kwame had a meal with 2 other men at the Detroit Club. They let him dine there even though his membership expired when he resigned as mayor. They let him know up front they expected payment today, since he is no longer a member. He requested a private room. Had lunch--bill came to $73 for bill and gratuity, $50 for the private room charge--so $123 overall. Anyway, when the bill comes he signs it--the TV station had a copy of the bill, complete with signature--refuses to hand over a credit card, and WALKS OUT saying--you'll love this--"Charge it to the city."

Does he have some balls or what?
And may the sentencing judge throw the book at this overgrown baby with an ego the size of the U.P. on Tuesday!

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 839
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What an arrogant ass.

What happens when one pleads guilty to felony charges then breaks the law while waiting to go to jail? Is there any quick action possible?

Shameful.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 973
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anything...happen to him? Isn't that, like, against the law?

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1273
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After today's events I wouldn't be surprised if he emptied out a liquor store.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/17789705/detail.html

Divaesq
Username: Divaesq

Post Number: 247
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow! This guy is completely self destructive. Why don't his people keep him locked in the house because he can't be trusted. He ought to be picked up and thrown in the jail tonight! Who the hell can walk out of a restaurant and not pay the bill and expect to sleep in their own bed. I don't even know what to say about this fool anymore.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 330
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, isn't this illegal??? If an average citizen did this - wouldn't they be arrested??? Isn't that theft? That teen beauty queen just lost her crown and was arrested for walking out on a bill, also I remember some local police officers doing the same thing, they lost their jobs AND went to jail.

So when will Kwame be arrested for this???? I know they are not going to just blow it off!

Kym? Mike Cox? You watching?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5471
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Club needs to file a police report if they want it prosecuted. Have they or did they just go to the media?

Bba36
Username: Bba36

Post Number: 47
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMAO!!! That is some straight up ghettofied ish!!

Big azz baby!!

Divaesq
Username: Divaesq

Post Number: 248
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some friends. Whoever he had lunch with should have pulled out a CC and paid the bill. If that's your homey, they're suppose to have his back especially when he's visibly cracking up.

Carlita probably actin' up now that new texts are released and he's beginning to crack under the pressure. Trust and believe this is exactly what CB wanted. I am convinced she didn't settle because she wasn't going to let that criminal slink off to jail in peace. She lost everything, and I am sure he will never be destroyed enough to satistify her thirst for blood at this point.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 2653
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eating at a restaurant is what's called an implied contract. It implies that you owe money after receiving a service. This is legally binding anywhere. They should file a small claims complaint just for the fun of it.

Mschievous
Username: Mschievous

Post Number: 289
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They should file a police report. The charge used to be "Defrauding the Innkeeper", a misdemeanor

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1445
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dayum shame

Crosswordgirl
Username: Crosswordgirl

Post Number: 345
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'm quite sure he still believes he never did anything wrong in the first place and will see himself as a perpetual victim.

incredible.

Ladyentrepreneur
Username: Ladyentrepreneur

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why does this man think he can get away with everything and not pay for it? Geez, I hate his attitude.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 214
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure the sentencing judge would love to hear about this. Maybe they could tack on another month.

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 160
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

L: He thinks he can get away with it because he can. Goes back to his early upbringing. Always the special boy in class. Momma's a rep! Then came the adulation given to young athletes, regardless of their character.
A complete failure as a role model. A joke. An ass. Ruined the city's finances.
And it is not unlikely that he will again be voted to public office!

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1447
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would love it if the sentencing judge made note and added another month to his sentence!

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7870
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KING KWAME is so poor that the he's begging from the rich and putting the lunch bill on Detroit taxpayers.

He's still one troubled black man that needs spiritual help. What a rolling stone he is.

Bba36
Username: Bba36

Post Number: 48
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Honestly, I think what we are seeing is a person who has had a silver spoon in his mouth so long that he can't handle adversity and unpopularity! The smart thing would have been to go straight to jail after he was found guilty so that by his sentencing on Tuesday this scandal would have somewhat died down and he would have time served credit! Poor thang!

Leannam1989
Username: Leannam1989

Post Number: 82
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 2:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

[quote]The Club needs to file a police report if they want it prosecuted. Have they or did they just go to the media?[/quote]

I would think the legal fees would be more than $123. But they could prosecute simply based on the principle of the matter.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 231
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The guy is a deadbeat, why bother?
They probably got enough free publicity by being on tv to make up for the bum's tab.

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 831
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Again folks...if this were you or I where do you think we'd be if we skipped out on a bill at any restaurant? If the restaurant knew who we were, they'd send the police for us, if they called the police, we'd be arrested.

I certainly hope that the Detroit Club didn't let this go by the wayside and I hope they persue this in court. Thug KK needs to be held responsible for all of his actions...not just the ones he's going to jail for now. His arrogance is beyond reason and Detroit is still being raped and pillaged by this thug. Hopefully, we'll hear from the sentencing judge today regarding this latest episode and hopefully he will be punished for fraud...again.

Incidentally, great role model for his three boys and all of the young men and women who reside in Detroit and surrounding communities. If he gets away with it, expect it to happen with more frequency in the days and months to come.

(Message edited by Buyamerican on October 28, 2008)

J_to_the_jeremy
Username: J_to_the_jeremy

Post Number: 122
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I guess the Detroit club isn't closed, at least.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 267
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Club Will Eat $126.16 Bill

Sources: Club Won't Pursue Charges Against Former Mayor

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/17789705/detail.html

Wykkidx
Username: Wykkidx

Post Number: 68
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I swear I feel like going down there and getting a meal, then when they bring the check tell em "Hey I thought that meals here are free" or "Kwame sent me" and then wink.
That jackass Still thinks there is nothing wrong with what he has done.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5518
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Worthy's not done with him yet. She got a copy of the bill for her investigation. I wonder who he was lunching with. Anyone know?

News08
Username: News08

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The historic Detroit Club in downtown Detroit owes $32,909.85 in state and property taxes, records show.

The club is not closing, though directors are studying options because the membership no longer needs the entire facility.

"It's just a question of whether we continue in that building or as a tenant or in a portion of the building, or exactly what we do," Booth said. "We have something in the works. I am not at liberty to discuss it, but it will make for a dynamic future."

http://info.detnews.com/redesi gn/blogs/taxingdetroitblog/ind ex.cfm

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 9206
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 4:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The real point isn't whether the Detroit Club let him off the hook here, it still has to do with his character (or the lack thereof). It still showed off his blatant arrogance and disregard for other people. He was still muscling himself around like an entitled thug- plain & simple.

Leoqueen
Username: Leoqueen

Post Number: 2214
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 7:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read somewhere that the shirt he was wearing to the lock-up was the one with "MAYOR" embroidered on the cuffs. How is that for blatant arrogance! He still JUST DOES NOT GET IT!

Smogboy

Post Number: 9208
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 7:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe his first shirt coming out of the joint will have "CONVICTED CRIMINAL" embroidered on the cuffs.

Leoqueen
Username: Leoqueen

Post Number: 2216
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 7:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, just FELON. Terse. Tight. To the Point! Same number of letters!

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2072
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

like this?
kwame-felon-cuffs.jpg

Smogboy

Post Number: 9209
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nicely done Gnome! And just because it is his self appointed, arrogant self- don't spare the thread count on the embroidery either. Make it loud, make it proud that KK Is a convicted FELON!

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: