Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » Kwame in court now « Previous Next »
Archive through October 28, 2008Thames30 10-28-08  4:56 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5513
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The mic just picked up part of a smart-ass remark KK made under his breath about the Wayne County justice system.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 368
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mschievous stated...

quote:

F. and I am black. That is MY true color.

As much as I love my sistas'...unfortunately, today's modern Black Women is perhaps just as guilty in perpetrating the syndrome of Black Male hostility as 'basic white' people. So then, your hostility toward Black men is not much different than 'theirs'. It is all based within the syndrome of white supremacy and the roles attached to it.

As for your A to F laundry list of issues about our Mayor...I would bet to believe that if you were speaking about wrong doing in the history white controlled 'amerikkkan politricks', you could go all the way from A to Z with your laundry list issues__go figure!

blksoul_atcha!
Obama 08

Choquant
Username: Choquant

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul, how can you defend someone who has done a whole lot of people wrong simply because of the color of his skin? There are many situations where racism is the root; many unfair attacks on Obama have been because of his race.

But this is NOT about race, it's about a failure of a mayor. It's about accountability to thousands of impoverish Detroiters for stealing their money and lying to their faces. He insults the intelligence of Detroit by assuming that we were are all too stupid to catch on to him. THAT, my friend, is racist.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7875
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul_x,

Way to go with your Afrocentric comment. You can put the blame on white folks on their oppressive witchcraft on the African Americans. But its the African Americans themselves that need to be released from their personal " House Negro " atmosphere.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 389
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul, where is the equal fervor for Brown, Nelthrope and Harris, all black men? Where is the outrage for the hundreds of thousands of black people in the city who have suffered in some way due to Kwame's misappropriation of funds? If you want to vehemently speak up with outrage, join them in being outraged at Kwame. Kwame does not deserve your defense of him.

edit for spelling

(Message edited by Downtown_lady on October 28, 2008)

Lilpup

Post Number: 5515
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

maybe Blksoul's on the Friends & Family program

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 370
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Choquant stated...
quote:

Blksoul, how can you defend someone who has done a whole lot of people wrong simply because of the color of his skin? There are many situations where racism is the root; many unfair attacks on Obama have been because of his race.

I'm not defending the Mayor in this matter, the courts spoke and 'due process' was administered to the end...I'm not please with the out-come, however, it is what it is.

What I'm speaking on today is the open demeaning and despicable dehumanized verbosity from many 'basic white' people and some 'skinfolk' on this forum.

As a Black African in amerikkka', I take it personal when 'basic white' people revert to covert forms of calumny toward the Black experience. We all know the history of white supremacy, as it relates to the institutionalized dehumanization of the Black Man!__go figure!

blksoul_atcha!
Obama o8'

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 272
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul_x only sees in black and white and he only supports a black man if he's a criminal.

If you are an upstanding citizen and a good role model for the community, even if it's the *black* community, Blksoul will throw you under the bus.

Think Brown and Nelthrope.

I am utterly shocked that Blksoul_x supports Obama because Obama is 1/2 white.

Oh and poor, poor Kwame. Growing up in the ghet-toe, learning the ways of the streets just to survive. Poor, poor, underprivileged Kwame.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 371
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thames stated...
quote:

I am utterly shocked that Blksoul_x supports Obama because Obama is 1/2 white

Yeah right Thames!...HE IS 1/2 WHITE...(sarcasm here) we must not forget he is 1/2 white, not Black!__go figure!

Willie Lynch continues!

blksoul_atcha!
Obama o8'

Downtown_lady

Post Number: 393
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just caught something of interest on the Detroit News blog:

quote:

Judge David Groner noted if the mayor hasn't paid [the restitution] within five years, when his probation ends, the court can't do anything else to collect it. (emphasis mine)

Wow. Detroit will not get that money.

http://info.detnews.com/redesi gn/blogs/newsblog/index.cfm

Lilpup

Post Number: 5517
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But the City can file a civil lawsuit against KK and get some $$ back that way.

Thames

Post Number: 273
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul, you're the one who always has a problem with color, that's why I mentioned it.

And what the hell are you talking about with lynching? You throw that word around like it means nothing.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 549
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought that's what restitution was, if not paid by the end of probation then that period is extended and evaluated from then on until the amount is paid? I know they said there was no difference between 1mill or 100mil, but not under 1mill. I took that as saying 200,000 a year with the first payment of 20,000 (10%) for this first year.

I think he should have to pay the full amount, but that wasn't made clear. What they did say was the 7 political funds will be investigated by the probation office.

Downtown_lady

Post Number: 394
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, good to know Lilpup...I hadn't thought of that.

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 984
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

blksoul - what is a "basic" white person?

Leticiaweb
Username: Leticiaweb

Post Number: 23
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul_x,

And your use of 'basic white' people and 'skinfolk' isn’t “demeaning and despicable dehumanizing verbosity”? __go figure!

(Message edited by leticiaweb on October 28, 2008)

7miledog
Username: 7miledog

Post Number: 54
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul,

As a Black African, you should actually visit AfriKKA and see exactly what brothas in the motherland think of Black Americans. You will find that many Africans have a very similar view of you (as in you personally) that the "basic white people" have. ___go figure!

But of course, they too must have an Uncle Tom mentality, and have had their psychosomatic, natural soul prepanderized by the mentality of the victimless, or shall I say victimized populace of this land we call the societal influx of whitism in the hysterical, or hysterectomy, point of view, which we call confused, that allows me to pontificate upon those things that are lesser of the higher fundamentals of the true BlackMaN, or shall I say African, or shall I say Nubian, or shall I say Fatherland, since the Motherland is a white racist word that makes us ejaculate our hermaprhodite as a TRUE BLACkMan wouldn't. (All in the voice of Damon Wayans from the "Booked on Phonics" sketch from In Living Color)(Yeah, that makes as much sense as you do).

___go figure!

Ltdave
Username: Ltdave

Post Number: 291
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

""Black African""

how long have you been in America? if its been 7years or more, youre eligible to apply for Citizenship to become a ""Black AMERICAN""...

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2862
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bs_x, c'mon. You're over-reaching, and the stretch is causing your point to snap apart.
And, if "calumny" is your Word of the Day, maybe you should put it back in its sleeve and unsheathe it another day; it certainly doesn't work, on this occasion, when Kwamefirst Kilpatrickbag, whose presentation of himself has done more to perpetuate some of America's ugliest characterizations of black men than has even the most vile white racists' misrepresentations, is receiving only a fraction of the punishment he so richly deserves.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1452
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BlackSX...stfu. period.

I am so sick of your azz and your 'blacktivist' comments. Now I see why Colin Powell is a RePub...

folks get tired of hearing this sh*t.

----------
and as far as Kwame and fam, disgraceful...how can we move ahead if they speak like its 1965?

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 2705
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think this is the funniest thread i read in a while, what a laugh.
what is the german word for laughing at someone else's expense. i have no problem doing it now.

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 319
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Schadenfreude

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 372
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How sickeningly arrogant can one man be. WDIV just reported that when he went to jail today he was wearing a shirt that had the word "MAYOR" embroidered on it. He still doesn't get it! He is not contrite, he is not asking forgiveness, he is not remorseful in any way shape or form.

I'm sorry that the sentence is so light. He needs more time and to be in general population in order to teach him some humility.

His family will still live off the gravy train of the funds in his "charitable" organizations. And as soon as he gets out of jail, he will use his alliances to start this crap all over again.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2863
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Poppkornspillenamusenicht.

Thames

Post Number: 274
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7miledog,

Love it! :-)

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 373
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seriously asking '7mile Dog', without all the sarcasm,(I'm sure you got some laughs, see 'Thames' comment)...Anyhow, what do Black Africans say about Africans in amerikkka'...This could be some useful research, seeing that you are a native of Africa.

I have friends from Nigeria, South African, and Ghana that would perhaps disagree with you.

However for the sake of conversation, what do native Black Africans think of us...I'm curious.

This is a serious question. Can you answer that, or provide a link, or literature regarding the issues of intercultural hostility of native Africans and Kidnapped Africans in amerikkka'.

My research leads me to believe differently than your sentiments. I am putting together a piece of literature that is in need of counter points.

Your help would be useful!

Thank you.

blksoul_atcha!
Obama o8'

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 460
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Today was a beautiful day in the City of Detroit.

I had to go DownTown on business, and I really relished (mmmmm.... relish) of how good everything looked. Everyone I met was friendly, joking, warm, and cordial.

For those of you who reside down there, I'd say that there is much to be proud of. Then I got back home, over in the neighborhood, and watched the sentencing proceedings of KK.

Dismal.

Well, Kwame, I hope that you were processed in time for dinner. Tonight's fare, served promptly at 5:00, was a beef pot pie and a box of milk.

I mowed down on left-overs from Sunday Night - a scrumptious Italian Alfredo.

Yum.

Kwame is an asshole and his haircut, not to mention his attitude in Court, was horrible.

A nice day in Detroit, for sure.

Thames

Post Number: 275
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul_x, come on now! Are you telling me you didn't so much as smile when you read:

"...that allows me to pontificate upon those things that are lesser of the higher..."

I'm still laughing.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1280
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Watching KK yesterday I couldn't help but think about the last scene from "Angels With Dirty Faces". The only thing missing was a Father Connolly type figure telling him to shed his tough guy image and act remorseful. My hunch is that he cried like a baby when he entered that cell. Someone on another thread stated that it looked like a stripped down dorm room, but that's going to be hell when you're use to living like a King.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sI19ZL5Jx4c

Maof2

Post Number: 987
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 8:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^haha, but i felt sorry for jimmy!

Ladyentrepreneur
Username: Ladyentrepreneur

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I joined this board recently and I am disgusted at the constant arguing and bickering that goes on, especially about Kwame. (and I am not a fan of his either) I thought this would be a great place to learn more about the history of Detroit, but all I have learned so far is how much suburbanites and Detroiters have a huge dislike for one another and it is despicable to say the least. Grow up and stop with all the cattiness.

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 362
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You have to be quite selective here if you don't like controversy. Stick with threads that deal with old photos, old buildings, old schools, new buildings, etc. Otherwise just skip over entries that offend you. You will eventually get to know which posters are shit stirrers,(blkx), and find many interesting and useful subjects to join in on.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3817
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well said, Homer.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 860
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, it's like watching television...switch channels if you don't like the program.

With that said, welcome ladye.

Many times, people post just to get a rise out of others, and folks on this forum rise to the occasion. Mind you, even though there is bickering, it is a on a higher level, a more intelligent style of bickering. Myself, I prefer to call it heated debate. What you're witnessing here is nothing compared to other forums about Detroit.

We Detroit folks don't mince words.

Also keep in mind, we've had two very hot issues this year: the elections and the mayoral issue. Be thankful this forum is here to post our feelings instead of going out and physically hurting each other.

*hug*

Maof2

Post Number: 989
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well said to you too ld!

and welcome lady:-)

Ladyentrepreneur

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can handle it, its just despicable to read, not everyone though...only some. And I agree its like a heated political debate. I have read through some threads and its so childish its almost comical! MY GOD what have I walked into? LOL. But like I said, I can handle it. Some of you have very interesting commentary, to say the least.

Downtown_lady

Post Number: 398
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I joined this board recently and I am disgusted at the constant arguing and bickering that goes on...Grow up and stop with all the cattiness.

Ladyentrepreneur, with all due respect, it kind of took me by surprise that on post 4 you decide to verbally discipline the forum. Please feel free to pick and choose what you wish to read on this forum. If you find a particular thread does not appeal to you, please feel free to skip over it, rather than try to demand that other forumers (some of whom have been posting for almost 10 years) conform to your standard of what is and is not acceptable.

Leticiaweb

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well said DT_Lady!

Ladyentrepreneur

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Downtown lady, I see we are going to throw jabs at each other a lot (let the fight begin!). Anyway, I may have only a few posts, but I have read this board for years. You don't have to conform to anything I say, I could care less what you say or do here. I made the comment to imply that you can have a healthy political debate without the overly emotional and angry commentary ALL the time. I can express my opinion however I want and like you said:

"Please feel free to pick and choose what you wish to read on this forum"

And with that said, don't read my posts.

Downtown_lady

Post Number: 400
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have no interest in throwing jabs or fighting -- I just state my opinion. In this matter I happened to disagree with your post. No fighting or jabbing...just expressing my opinion.

quote:

let the fight begin!

I'm not sure if you're kidding...? Welcome to the forum.

(Message edited by Downtown Lady on October 29, 2008)

Ladyentrepreneur

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Let the fight begin"

Yes that was a joke (I tend to mix seriousness and sarcasm/humor a lot just to keep my sanity)

Smile!

Leticiaweb

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow LadyE,

I am surprised you have responded to DT_Lady in this manner considering you are so disgusted at the constant arguing and bickering.

Maybe you should take your own advice…………………Grow up and stop with all the cattiness!

I was a little taken back by your first post too, but like you I can express my opinion. Shall we all move on and stick to the topic?

Ladyentrepreneur

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Leticiaweb, what are you talking about? I wasn't talking politics and I wasn't arguing with her. In fact in my last 2 posts I tried to throw in a little humor. I don't need to take my own advice in this case because I haven't went against it. Case closed. (You obviously totally looked over my last post)

(Message edited by Ladyentrepreneur on October 30, 2008)

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 340
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't understand the issue about the political funds - why were Carlita and 'nem upset at being told they couldn't access them? Are they supposed to be accessing them anyway? And what funds were they speaking of?

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: