Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » "missing texts" from Worthy now available at Freep « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1454
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

now this is just funny...seems like she did that to spite him for huggin up with CEK at the sentencing...

ha!

http://www.freep.com/assets/PD F/1030_new_text_messages.pdf

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 257
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Classic.

Westsiiiide
Username: Westsiiiide

Post Number: 402
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CB narrowed her playing field socially and professionally when she seemed to be "begging" Kwame for attention.

There must be some type of self esteem issue going on with her.

A woman with her looks, education, and on the surface intelligent had an enormous opportunity to leave City government and find a good paying job and new guy anywhere after it was obvious that he didn't want her anymore.

I personally don't think Kwame is going to get out of jail any time soon, since Worthy is still investigating him. I don't think the prosecutor will even need him to testify against CB.

It is so sad that she wants to draw out a trial just for the purpose of revenge.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 281
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, he broke his promises to her, so I guess she has a few promises to break too?

Maybe Chris will be the biggest bee he's ever had in his bonnet.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 1211
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, let's read between the lines of these new messages a little bit. On 7/12/03, Mr. Kilpatrick and Ms. Beatty are desperately trying to find a place for one of their assignations. One possible location seems to be "Bobby's place," but it was unavailable because it was in use by "Bobby." Bobby is no doubt a reference to Mr. Kilpatrick's BFF, Bobby Ferguson. But wait a minute. Were Mr. Kilpatrick and Ms. Beatty going to go over to Mr. Ferguson's house and use the guest bedroom or something? No, not at all. Instead, it would appear that the married Mr. Ferguson, unfairly convicted recently of a felony for merely upholding his wife's honor by pistol whipping an employee who was flirting too much, happens to maintain a "place" somewhere locally. What are the chances that this "place" is a simply a getaway for the romantic Mr. Ferguson and his wife? Right, I though so. Anyway, it's no big deal though, just a little on the side, right? Oh, and by the way, don't even think of looking twice at Mr. Ferguson's wife.

Mr. Kilpatrick's conduct in office ultimately revealed his complete disregard of the public trust. But this one exchange is also a pretty succinct revelation of the character of the kinds of folks who were members of the Family and Friends crew. Thoroughly corrupt and morally empty.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 405
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Related to that thought, Swingline, here is an excerpt from an 8-29-07 Detroit News article regarding testimony given by Detroit police officer Cathy Wright during the whistleblower trial:

...a female police officer testified [on August 28, 2007] that Kilpatrick urged her at a party to "take care of my boy" -- a friend of his -- and that she read that to be a solicitation for sex.

Officer Cathy Wright told jurors the mayor's comment to her came in reference to his buddy, Bobby Ferguson, at a birthday party for former Kilpatrick bodyguard Walt Harris. The mayor was at the celebration with Ferguson, whose construction firm has received millions of dollars in city contracts. Wright didn't say when the exchange occurred.

Wright said Ferguson first bought her a drink, and then the mayor made the comment to "take care of my boy" later, as she walked by. When asked by a lawyer how she interpreted the comment, Wright answered: "I thought it meant in a sexual way or date him or give him what he wanted."

That is CLASSY.

NOTE: In the interest of fairness, the article then states: "Under cross-examination, she conceded that the comment could have been more benign." Benign or not? My guess is not.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20070829/M ETRO/708290400/1409

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: