Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » Federal grand jury probes Kilpatrick Civic Fund « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sg9018
Username: Sg9018

Post Number: 285
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Federal grand jury probes Kilpatrick Civic Fund
More in the Free Press,
http://www.freep.com/article/2 0081102/NEWS01/811020419

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2397
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

like an onion...

Mschievous
Username: Mschievous

Post Number: 303
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"...like a snowball rollin' down the side of a snow-covered hill, it's growin...'

Temptations, 1960 something

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1456
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...think your sh*t don't stink...

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 343
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love it! I hope they get the charges and indictments rolling before his 180 days are up! I want to see him sitting there laughing and smirking over this one.

So all of those funds were just covers for him and his family to live the high life. I hope there's indictments for Carlita and his sister too.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 270
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now, you'll see the lawyers really go to work!! It's their behinds they are looking after now. Those funds are what's left of the gravy train that has been shut down.

Leannam1989
Username: Leannam1989

Post Number: 88
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"As mayor, Kilpatrick was paid $176,176 a year."

Was somebody on crack when they came up with that random number? At least round it off.

What happens to the $1.3 mil in Kilpatrick's reelection fund (if it's still there)?

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2053
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The guy in the center of every fund is former Cass Techie, and Pepper Hamilton attorney, William Phillips.

Anybody remember the 20 million Bond that was supposed to be used to build a new crime Lab? The 20 millon that hasn't been accounted for? The 20 million that was wasted?

William Phillips was the guy who handled the writing of the bonds. William Phillips was also suppose to be the guy who was going to wright the bonds for the Tunnel Deal that went belly up.

Every fund, whether it be the Kilpatprick for Mayor, or The Next Vision Fund or Generations PAC...Mr. Behind the Scenes: William Phillips.

Oh, btw, Mr. Phillips is no longer employed by Pepper Hamilton.

Ct_alum
Username: Ct_alum

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lay off Cass Tech! when I went there (Class of '71) it was one of the ten best high schools in the country!

On a side note, has anyone ever explained exactly what the $10M "transaction fee" associated with the tunnel sale was for and who was going to get it? Any guesses?

Sg9018
Username: Sg9018

Post Number: 295
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Update,
Feds seek political consultants' records in Kilpatrick funds probe
Adolph Mongo and Bob Berg is part of the subpoenaed records holders.
More in Free Press,
http://www.freep.com/article/2 0081112/NEWS01/81112062

Imhere
Username: Imhere

Post Number: 75
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weren't the Lawyers supposed to report if any of their payments were made by these funds?

I thought they had 'till this past Monday to let the courts know?

I never saw anything more about that, or did I just miss it?

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 2865
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Caymans, Swiss Account??
Don't forget his sister's Next Vision Foundation which she used like her little piggy bank. http://www.thenextvision.org/

He packed up his bags and he took off down the road
Left us here stranded with the bills he owed
he gave use a false address Took off with Detroits american express
Kwame baby he sure had us way outguessed
We looked in miami
We looked in negril
The closest we came was a month old bill
We checked the bahamas and they said he was gone
We cant understand why he did us so wrong

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: