Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » Kym Worthy re-elected... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1976
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...posted without comment.

WAYNE COUNTY
PROSECUTING ATTORNEY
4-year term, $154,521 annually
65.9% of precincts reporting
Kym Worthy, D (i) 442118 92%
Matthew Abel, G 39485 8%

http://www.freep.com/article/2 0081104/NEWS15/81104073

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1934
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OUCH at the margin of her victory. Mathew should've got at least 20% lol

Llyn
Username: Llyn

Post Number: 1977
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How much of this would you say is an indictment of KK? Since almost half of Wayne County is Detroit? If these numbers are representative to even some extent of the city's take on the former mayor, I'm skeptical that even KK can talk himself into mayor again. People eventually figure out when you're manipulating them over and over and over.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 795
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a name recognition thing..we had massive turnout thanks to Obama, and Worthy had free advertising on the front page of every paper in Michigan for 10 months running.
How could it NOT be a landslide?

As for MY vote, yes, it was definitely a reward for Worthy's handling of the KK thing..she was the only Dem I voted for!
:-)

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7893
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kym Worthy, D (i) 442118 92%
Matthew Abel, G 39485 8%

NOW THAT'S A LANDSLIDE! Thanks to prosecution of former Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, Worthy received a tremendous support for all of Wayne County. If she didn't her election year is over.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 3886
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I could have voted for her, I would have. She seems like a no nonsense, git 'r done, kind of person to me. She makes sure her and her staff have their ducks in a row. And that's what it's all about!

Congratulations Ms. Worthy!

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 344
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When she did Flashpoint last month, she stated that she would give a press conference after the sentencing and reveal some "shocking" things that occurred during the prosecution. I saw her press conference and nothing specific was mentioned. I wonder what happened with that?

Haikoont
Username: Haikoont

Post Number: 25
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

she stated that she would give a press conference after the sentencing and reveal some "shocking" things that occurred

... confirming Kwame really did rig up McPhail's chair?

Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 345
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sorry, it wasn't Flashpoint, it was that Channel 7 show with Chuck Stokes where she said this. She hinted that requests were made of her that were inappropriate and illegal, and she was going to reveal it all after the sentencing.

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 381
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know Matt Abel, though I didn't know he ran for this.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 409
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chrissy, if the requests were illegal maybe the Feds decided to look into it along with the other miscellaneous corruption charges, and if so, maybe they asked her not to say any more about it for now. Maybe? Just a random guess.

I hadn't heard that she said that...how intriguing! Once all of this is behind us, I can't wait until people start writing their tell-all books!

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 1032
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"When she did Flashpoint last month, she stated that she would give a press conference after the sentencing and reveal some "shocking" things that occurred during the prosecution. I saw her press conference and nothing specific was mentioned. I wonder what happened with that?"

I think that was longer than a month ago. I think she assumed (as most of us did) that Christine Beatty was going to take a plea deal and she would be able to spill the beans. I think the fact that CB is going to trial, Ms. Worthy will have to remain mum on more details for now.

Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 346
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're both right, it was longer than a month, lol, I think it was actually August, sometime around when he pled guilty. And then yes, Christine pulled the whammy on us and opted for trial so that most likely kept Worthy from talking so she didn't hurt the case. Understandable, of course. We'll just have to wait a while longer, but you know when Worthy is able to finally talk....wow!

Leoqueen
Username: Leoqueen

Post Number: 2215
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 7:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will be the first in line to buy her book!

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 9207
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Leoqueen, that book is going to FLY off the shelves when it comes out. It is going to be some juicy reading!

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: