Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » A pragmatic thought... why white people are addicted to our Mayors issues? » Archive through October 30, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 375
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As much as people don't want to admit, from the initial start of our Mayors issues, this case was overloaded with huge social and racial meanings. Most 'basic white' people have become dependent on the Mayors issues to represent complicated 'truths' that 'they' think can only be illustrated by cataclysm. That dependence shows contempt for ordinary signs of ravage. It also ignores the Black experience whose unspoken suffering is the most powerful evidence of decay.

'Their' experience is a double sided reality, and perception that circulates around an axis defined by race/white supremacy. In other-words, good fortune illuminates one side, while despair darkens the other. This reminds me of what our Mayors issues to a racial volatile Detroit area is about. In a nutshell, it is rarely sunny at the same time in terms of the 'basic white' experience versus the Black experience.

To most 'basic white' people, Mayor Kilpatrick represented, and symbolized the iconic 'celebrity' like many Black entertainers and athletes. To 'them', our Mayor obtained the ultimate white privilege. They ask themselves, why can't he be like us and play the game of amerikkkan' citizenship by one set of rules...after all he is an amerikkkan'? In other-words, why is he able to represent his race with no resistance.

What is problematic to them is, the Mayor never lusted toward white acceptance. He was openly secure about his unique Afro-american demeanor. That reality caused 'basic white' people to explode in rage and become consumed with the outcome of his future. A rage that often bubbles beneath the surface of racial tension. To most 'basic white' people, the Mayor's issues symbolically proved to amerikkka' what all the legislation, affirmative action, and billions of dollars of welfare support had bought over time.(a cloy reality of ignorance to which 'they' empower) In other-words, encircled within an inherited unabashed hubris, they think, we've done our part, and look what Black people do with their given privileges. So then it becomes a lot easier to revert to dehumanizing descriptions and behavior toward the Mayor and Black Men. They wait in hiding for the failure of the Black iconic image, (a symbol that represents a threat within the white power structure.), as it represents built up hostility toward the opportunities that 'they' claim, have been 'handed' to the so-called 'uplift' of the Black experience by their white leaders.

Even more problematic, the Mayor has always connected at a level within the Black experience with tribal, Black superstition, jive, signify'n and swagger that was/and is frightening to the 'basic white' experience. They saw what the Black community was all about. To them, it did not snugly fit the description of what is termed a true amerikkka'. So then, the Mayors issues became a convenient outlet to express 'their' sentiments and show their rage toward the Black experience, all be it, 'they' expressed it through 'their' contempt toward the Mayor and the metaphorical 'LYNCHING' of Black men, with vile and vicious verbosity. (Besides such a protest releases them from the burden of addressing and confronting their own racial hatred.)

In a nutshell, the 'basic white' experience thrives on the failure of the Black experience. It is protected by the hostile course of our experience. All of the moral problems of amerikkka' is defined within the problems of the Black experience. Realities that are guided by moral righteousness, is often claimed as specific amerikkkan' accomplishments. When those accomplishments are chipped away by attrition, then it becomes pushed toward the inappropriate significance of the Black experience. In that sense, 'basic white' 'amerikkkans' can comfortably sit back and point toward the failure of Black men...adversely releasing their amerikkka' experience from any form of failure.

So then, the addiction toward the destruction of Black men by 'basic white' people, becomes the ultimate outlet and release for them to pursue the continued, and historically perpetuated worldwide dehumanization and deracination toward the people of African descent.

Finally I will leave you with this profound peace to drive home my thoughts...

....the danger, in the minds of most white americans, is loss of their identity. Try to imagine how you would feel if you woke up one morning to find the sun shining and all the stars aflame. You would be frightened because it is out of the order of nature. Any upheaval in the universe is terrifying because it so profoundly attacks one's sense of one's own reality. Well, the Black man has functioned in the white man's world as a fixed star, as in immovable pillar: and as h moves out of his place, heaven and earth are shaken to their foundations.

James Baldwin__1963

blksoul_atcha!
Obama o8'

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 3164
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

::yawns throughout the entire post::

There's nothing racist about this case. Kwame Kilpatrick is a crooked, arrogant narcissist who deserves more punishment than he is getting now. He may have received some rude and derogative names from some individuals, but there's nothing about him that represents the "black experience." He didn't care if he ruined other people's lives. He didn't care that he stoled millions of dollars from the city. He didn't care he was costing the city thousands of dollars in lawyer fees just to save his a$$. He didn't care he was sleeping with other women other than his wife. Was he deceptive and manipulative? Yes. The truth will come out soon. (And yes, I am black.)

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 990
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

come on blksoul, we all get your point, stop it now and get over it. you don't seem to get that no one agrees with you. kwame is arrogant, a thief, liar, womanizer, and he's in jail.

Crosswordgirl
Username: Crosswordgirl

Post Number: 355
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think BS-x is white since he knows SO much about white people....

by the way........it's currently 2008.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 7434
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only thing profound about his post was it was profoundly long and profoundly boring...

It makes you wonder what excuse about "oppression" he'll use once a black man is elected president next week...

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 727
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boring run on sentences.
Ignore the facts and always blame someone else, never yourself.

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 835
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"As much as people don't want to admit, from the initial start of our Mayors issues, this case was overloaded with huge social and racial meanings."...

The thug mayor and his entourage overloaded the case with racist remarks from the very beginning. Find me an article where whites made it their goal to make sure that thug KK fall. He self-destructed himself.

You need to get back to your "basic blacKKK self" and quit spewing your hatred for white people. This entire episode with thug KK was started by an adulterous, rapist, smug, arrogant, narcissistic egomaniac and you just can't handle the fact that your butt buddy did this ALL BY HIMSELF!!!

Ladyentrepreneur
Username: Ladyentrepreneur

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul, in theory some of what you say makes sense but the reality is Kwame's "Afro-american demeanor" as you stated, doesn't portray how all black people think or act. I guess white people have a deep seated misconception that we're all about the bling and rims (WRONG!). I also don't think this case with Kwame is largely based on his race either. Hello! The prosecutor is black and the majority of Detroit is black!

Not saying that we should take the blame for what happen to Kwame because of his stupidity, but if we are going to blame anybody it should be ourselves (particularly the people who voted for him). We (well not me because I didn't vote for him) put the man in office. We should have chosen a better candidate and none of this mess would be an issue anyway.

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 169
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

B: The most accurate and well written part of the entry was the quote from Mr Baldwin, which he wrote in 1963.
The rest is presumptuous. Too many generalizations. We all need to get past this "we" vs "they" attitude. It is not 1963.

Wazootyman
Username: Wazootyman

Post Number: 398
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't feed the trolls.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 397
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I guess white people have a deep seated misconception that we're all about the bling and rims.

No, not all white people think this, since you're talking about misconceptions.

quote:

if we are going to blame anybody it should be ourselves (particularly the people who voted for him)

No, we should blame Kwame.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 550
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To be honest the Voters are not at fault. No one can predict the future or see into an actual situation where people are abusing their power, unless someone on the inside leaks the info. From the outside before the scandal broke it was all myth and never proven. The Free Press was tipped off about exact info and went after actual evidence to uncover these wrongdoings. KK and his people who went along with these scams are at fault, no Black man no White man just KK. I say just him because there have been many of leaders that have abused their powers KK is not the first and he won't be the last. Let's just hope there are more honorable people running for all elected positions in the City and surrounding suburbs, cause there are Crooks out there too.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 763
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BSX..First off, I'm white.
Secondly, I'm not "addicted" to the ex-mayor of Detroit's "issues."
Third, as a Detroit homeowner/resident/taxpayer/vo ter for the past two and a half decades, I'd really like to know where you get off calling the felon "our" mayor.
Do you think you've got some right of possession due to your skin tone? See, since "your" mayor was in charge of running MY town, I feel that I have every right to be concerned with "our" ex-mayors illegal activities, er, I mean issues.
Fourth, would you for fuck's sake buy yourself a dictionary and thesaurus. And possibly a "Basic Black Racist to Common English" translation guide?

Leticiaweb
Username: Leticiaweb

Post Number: 25
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once again Blksoul_x, your use of 'basic white' people, comparing KK to 'LYNCHING' of Black men, 'amerikkkans' and 'skinfolk' isn’t “demeaning and despicable dehumanizing verbosity”? __go figure!

You do more harm than good. Care to explain exactly what 'basic white' people means? I find it very offensive and I’m not WHITE not that it should matter.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 276
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul,

No reason to rehash Kwame’s actions or think racism played any part in where he is today. As another poster pointed out, the prosecutor is black. I’d like to point out that his victims, or “snitches”, as you so fondly refer to them (Brown and Nelthrope), are black too.

What I want to mention is that black people are not the only ones who have had a tough time making it in a “man’s world” whether the man is white or black.

Black men have had the right to vote in this country longer than women have.

Women have come a long way since 1920 when their voting rights were established. Most men have come a long way in their view of women since then too. However, there are still a lot of men out there that view women as the lesser between the sexes.

Does the glass ceiling still exist for women in business? Yes, it does.

Do (some) car salesmen still insist that a woman bring her husband/father/brother back to the showroom before making a sale? Yep.

A man will be considered “shrewd” in the business world, but if a woman applies the very same actions as a man, she is considered a “bitch”.

A man and woman can have the same credentials and do the same job, yet a man will earn a higher wage. (non-union, of course)

Those are just some of the inequalities that women still face in 2008. I could go on and on about the treatment of women throughout history and the absolute atrocities that they still endure today, but I won't, I think you get the picture.

With that said, does that mean that all women should be man haters and view all men as misogynistic because of the actions of some? Because of your generalizations regarding white people, I’ll have to assume that your answer is “yes”, all women should hate all men.

Does racism still exist? Yes it does. Only a fool would try to say otherwise, but not all white people are racists, just as all men are not misogynists.

Women and blacks have come a long way and we still have a long way to go. I can understand wanting to remember history so that we are not doomed to repeat it, but that doesn’t mean living in the past.

I have two questions for you and I’m sure you won’t answer them, because you NEVER answer questions posed to you but here it goes.

Do you consider yourself to be racist?

Do you think your statements and generalizations about white people are somehow different from the vile and vicious verbosity that you abhor?

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 644
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I won't even read his boring, long ass post. But I can tell you he doesn't have a clue when it comes to racial relations. Blk_soulX....... man o man.

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 723
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

@Blk_soulx

How does one know if they are a 'basic white' person or not? Just seeking some clarification so I can figure out if I should be offended or not.

Duke_sims
Username: Duke_sims

Post Number: 103
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, Blk_soul -- you got no soul. Your despicable racism shines through. Why capitalize Black people and leave white lower-case? You think Blacks are better than whites or something?

You are a monumental idiot.

(Message edited by duke sims on October 30, 2008)

Ladyentrepreneur

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Downtown lady, I said I guess, implying that I wasn't sure and I said the we shouldn't take the blame but if blk soul wants to blame anyone it should be the people that voted for him.

FYI: I blame kwame.

Ladyentrepreneur

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You took my post too *literally*<-----if that's the correct word to use. (i was trying to be sarcastic, which seemed to have failed miserably)

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 244
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pretty amazing commentary. Sounds like a lot of hot air. I think most people are interested in scandals whether the culprit is black or white.
When the bad guy is a political figure, the story is just juicier. Throw in some illicit sex and it just gets better.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2865
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Duke_sims: In more light-hearted threads, some of your posts are absolutely hilarious, and I enjoy them quite a bit.
I would hate to see you get booted out of this forum. Please consider altering the "address" in your post #103.

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 363
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Racist Drivel thread. Pay no attention to him/her.
Sorry I even opened it. Consider the source.

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 1237
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Butt buddy", "Blk_soulD**k", "I won't read his...post, but I can tell you..."

There's a definition of "basic white" folks for you!

I think his post perfectly described how many white people felt about Coleman Young, "back in the day". I don't think it describes the Kilpatrick era at all.

Blksoul_x brings up some valid concerns and points. Unfortunately, these concerns and points aren't applicable in this instance and are being used as excuses for the ex-mayor's behavior. What's worse: racism, denial of racism, or a false charge of racism where it doesn't exist?

James Baldwin's words still ring true 45 years later. What's different now, though, is that today it applies to fewer and fewer people.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 376
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thames ask some questions

quote:

No reason to rehash Kwame’s actions or think racism played any part in where he is today. As another poster pointed out, the prosecutor is black. I’d like to point out that his victims, or “snitches”, as you so fondly refer to them (Brown and Nelthrope), are black too.

Yes they are Black, However, unfortunately, the one thing we have adapted to as a collective in amerikkka, is to protect the massa's 'house'. In today's Black experience, we not only live in their 'house' we realize it is their 'house'. As a collective, we are subtly lured away from protecting our collective responsibility for the sake of the trifles of so-called social advancement that are suppose to come with the amerikkkan' dream.

Unfortunately to prove our loyalty to amerikkkaa', we can't protect our own interest by dealing with the matters in the field (the village), we have to call massa' and protect his interest of the 'house' as 'ours'.

To help support these acts of 'snitching' amerikkan imposed 'meritorious manumissions'...and still today, the dominate society employes the tactic to protect their best interest. The policy helped traduce a strong element of distrust among 'us' and the psychological techniques are used to drive a wedge between our power structure. Until we start addressing our issues 'in-house' we will continue to see destruction in our houses!

quote:

What I want to mention is that black people are not the only ones who have had a tough time making it in a “man’s world” whether the man is white or black.

Yes you are right! But whites understand the importance of aggregation, that is, they are conditioned by their experiences in amerikkkan' society to protect their 'status quo' and the advantages of their group's self-interest. They instinctively reflect the mores of structural racism in the normal course of behaving.

quote:

Black men have had the right to vote in this country longer than women have.

Does voting really matter if there is a disproportionate order in wealth, power, and resources! Add in the fact that the Black men have always been subordinated by de facto laws, like black codes, sundown rules, segregation, Jim Crow etc. the power of the Black vote has always been diminished.

quote:

Does the glass ceiling still exist for women in business? Yes, it does.

Yes but women, particularly white women, have always been supported and protected by the wealth and power society. And the reality is, it has always been to the detriment of Black men__go figure!

quote:

A man will be considered “shrewd” in the business world, but if a woman applies the very same actions as a man, she is considered a “bitch”.

It really doesn't apply to the Black experience.

quote:

A man and woman can have the same credentials and do the same job, yet a man will earn a higher wage. (non-union, of course)

Equating discrimination against women compared to the issues with Black men in the work place is like comparing a headache to cancer!

Women have always maintained an advantage in obtaining the fruits of amerikkka', due to society operations like families, marriages, and for white women, racial segregation. Blacks have never had such an advantage.

quote:

Those are just some of the inequalities that women still face in 2008. I could go on and on about the treatment of women throughout history and the absolute atrocities that they still endure today, but I won't, I think you get the picture.

The form, measure, position and intent of discrimination against Blacks and women are vastly different and should not be treated equally. We Blacks have always been systemically subordinated and exploited to produce wealth and comfort for the white collective that refused us access to the fruits of our labor. Reversely, Women, as a 'protected' class where able to enjoy the fruits of every Black worker's as well as and their traducers labor. Therefore, sexism and misogyny is more a class issue and a class struggle.

quote:

With that said, does that mean that all women should be man haters and view all men as misogynistic because of the actions of some? Because of your generalizations regarding white people, I’ll have to assume that your answer is “yes”, all women should hate all men.

No, all men don't desire to hate women, however the history of white male supremacy in amerikkka' is so fundamental that the laws and courts have been built around the white men's perception of women, rather than women's perception of white men. Even though white women are 'protected' by the traducers of black suffering.

quote:

Women and blacks have come a long way and we still have a long way to go. I can understand wanting to remember history so that we are not doomed to repeat it, but that doesn’t mean living in the past.

I always look at the question when basic white people and some of us suggest that we need to get over the psychopathology (if you will) of racism that is perpetuated by Blacks obsessed and paranoid which keeps us for exercising agency over our lives...well to that I say, what is it that we have to do in contemporary society to prepare ourselves and our children for entering what is a racially charged battlefield called amerikkka'. First is identifying that it is a reality, one thing I could do is suggest a couple of books to you to read about white fear, I may be paranoid but unfortunately people are following me. So here is the double reality, am I going to allow the reality to stifle me to the point where I can't move__OF COURSE NOT__I live with my family and community.

However, am I going to equip my family and community with the tools to navigate that battlefield of racism or am I going to pretend, WE ARE THE WORLD...see, that's the dicey part, I'm not going to tell them OH MY GOD, you will never make it, and that there is a terrible thing called racism, and it's going to get you everywhere you turn. I gonna tell them you have an incredible family and legacy of strength behind you when and if you are faced with that. We do a disservice when we send our children and community out into the world, unprepared for the rejection and alienation to which they are likely to experience.

quote:

I have two questions for you and I’m sure you won’t answer them, because you NEVER answer questions posed to you but here it goes.

As you see, I have attempted to answer your questions.

quote:

Do you consider yourself to be racist?

Racism is not as simplistic as asking if I'm a racist. Racism is a wealth and power based relationship between Blacks and non-blacks. The fundamental purpose of racism is to support and ensure that the white collective and it subgroups dominate and use the Black experience as means to produce wealth and power. The reality is, true racism only exist when one group holds and disproportionate collective share of wealth and power over another and then uses their resources to marginalize, exploit and exclude the disadvantaged group. So then, with that definition, Black people cannot be racist. That means I can only react to racism and try to fix or alter the conditions that racism creates.

quote:

Do you think your statements and generalizations about white people are somehow different from the vile and vicious verbosity that you abhor?

Not really, has I stated, my statements about white racism, are supported by systemic realities and not hatred. The use of certain terms like 'basic white' contains no history of systemic discrimination that has been imposed by African people, where as the use of some words contain a corollary advantage to the white collective, in other-words no Black person would lynch, rape, castrate or murder.

However, reversely, when the white collective chooses to use vile verbosity, there is a direct history attached and associated with a history of distaste against the Black experience in terms of a systemic attempt to undermine and subvert their authority and presence in amerikkka! In that way, my verbalism is a lot different.

I truly feel, that Africans in amerikkka' are in dire need to expose ourselves to the process that has taken root on our thought process. If we continue to blindly walk around thinking that amerikkka' and it's past and present practices are the solution to our problems, we are headed toward a difficult future.

I'm asking brotha' Thames, and other Black 'lost souls' on this site to WAKE-UP, understand the game that is being played on us. We deserve better!

blksoul_atcha!
Obama o8'

Ladyentrepreneur

Post Number: 17
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul, believe it or not some of what you say does make sense (even if I don't agree with you 100%) but I think it may be a little to far fetched for some.

Leannam1989
Username: Leannam1989

Post Number: 85
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If anybody made this about race, it is Kwame. With his "lynch mob" mentality and using the "N" word six times in his State of the City Speech, he made race an issue. I would guess most Detroiters don't care if he's black or white. Fact is he is corrupt, no getting around that.

Duke_sims

Post Number: 104
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 2:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's worse: racism, denial of racism, or a false charge of racism where it doesn't exist?

Why do I only get one choice?

Yeah, there's racism in America. It doesn't apply here.

And, despite what BlkSoul may think, all white people don't dislike black folks. I don't dislike them; only the ones who act like idiots -- just as I hate the white idiots.

I'm not "afraid" or "put off" by "signifying" and other aspects of black culture -- unless by "black culture," you're talking about stealing money and acting like a thug. Then, yeah, I don't like it.

There's a right and wrong way to act; that has nothing to do with skin color. Just because some black people don't act like extras in a Snoop video, it doesn't make them Uncle Toms.

James Baldwin's words still ring true 45 years later. What's different now, though, is that today it applies to fewer and fewer people.

Actually, Baldwin talks about how a particular racial group is afraid of changing its worldview, despite the obvious changes around them.

It seems to me proponents of BlkSoul's ideology are the ones who fear change -- they simply will not accept that the world is no longer against them because of their skin color.

Yeah, there are still some racist white folks. Whoopty-Doo. Guess what? I live in Detroit, where there are some racist black folks. And? So frigging what? That's life.

No matter what group you find yourself in, there are going to be some people who don't like you. Screw 'em.

But BlkSoul and all these other racist Afrocentric whiners appear to be desperately clutching onto the past; it gives them a built-in excuse for any failure or wrongdoing.

And on top of that, they want ME to feel guilty about something I had absolutely nothing to do with. That's what really bothers me.

Read me loud and clear: My refusal to feel guilt over my skin color does not mean I'm denying the racism that went/goes on in this country.

What I am saying is: deal with it. Some people aren't going to like you, but there are laws preventing anyone from overtly discriminating against you. This isn't 1933. You don't have to go to the back of the bus.

That said, some people are always going to be against you because of your gender, skin color, zip code, or whatever. And, yeah, they're going to find underhanded ways of using that racism to deny you what's rightfully yours as an American.

I had that exact same thing happen to me when I had a female boss who hated men. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it; her discrimination was always subtle. Guess what? I got myself another job. Not all women hate men. Problem solved.

Yeah, there are racists. There will always be racists. Man up and deal with it. Quit whining, and blaming every little failure in your life on racism. It's tired and lame -- and, as a bonus, it waters down the real instances of racism. Ever heard of the boy who cried "Wolf"?

Duke_sims

Post Number: 105
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 2:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, BlkSoul -- what do you have to say about the slatees in Africa who sold their own people out to the slave traders?

You lean on the lame excuse that any wrongdoing by black people here in "Amerikka" happened because they've been corrupted by an evil white system.

But how do you explain those slatees -- without whom it would have been much more difficult for Europeans to kidnap slaves from their villages? They grew up breathing the pure air of Africa, where the noble savages did no wrong.

And what do you think about the purehearted Africans who kept slaves long before whites began the slave trade in the 1600s?

Could it be that -- gasp! -- evil is evil, no matter what the skin color?

Nah. Couldn't be. It's all Whitey's fault.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2043
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 4:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We should all feel sorry for The Felon.

He was railroaded by the "White Collective" straight from the eurocentric-designed Manoogian on Dwight through Augustus Woodward's eurocentric matrix of asphalt arteries past the old French ribbons farms now occupied by basic-liberals in glass walled boxed straight to Clinton Street.

Clinton street, named for Dewitt Clinton, engineer of the Erie Canal, creator of the basic white invasion of the heartland; inturn the spreader of smallpox, dysentery, influenza and pokeman cards.

Horrors, the white-collective, at the last meeting I attended in our secret clubhouse inside the salt tunnels, vowed to get even against The Felon. We were tired of the way he misused our basic-white style of dress with cravat's gone wild and zoot suited clown costumes, obviously meant to disgrace our white collective's style of attire and the sartorial expression of our rich and diverse cultural traditions.

The Felon never robed himself in kente cloth, never draped his shoulders in the green, black and red of his motherland. No, shame be it on all of us, the only cloth The Felon clothed his brood of Jamookie, Jaweezie and JaShnizzel in was that spun from the melted remains of police badges.

In the face of such cultural affrontary , our cheeks where further slapped as The Felon rode along in one of the white-collective's touchstones of status: the Escalade to get laid.

Nothing spells white-collective faster than pulling up in front of The Detroit Club and then sticking to us by walking out on the tab. Kwlassy.

Since BlackSoulTen was so kind to provide a working matrix of societal and cultural underpinnings embroidered into a fabric of ancient and modern, sacred and profane, yin and yanged all up in there just so as to provide window into the white-collective's cultural inexactitude; I personally need to thank BS10 for letting us see the truth for what it really is.

You go BS10! yeah!