Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » Beatty mulls plea deal in text message case « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 726
Posted on Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JOE SWICKARD • Free Press
http://freep.com/article/20081 130/NEWS0101/81130037

"A plea deal for Christine Beatty could be sealed Monday morning according to sources aware of efforts over the past week to resolve the perjury and obstruction of justice case against her without a trial.

Although the tentative deal could still come unstitched, its broad outline has Beatty pleading guilty to two felonies, serving a jail term followed by probation, and paying a substantial restitution.

Exact terms were not clear late Sunday, but the deal is reported to be less harsh that the 150-day jail sentence under Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy’s last public offer to Beatty. Also unknown is whether Beatty is required to cooperate in any of the ongoing investigations of ex-Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and his administration."

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1554
Posted on Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. What a scoop.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1001
Posted on Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope the plea deal includes language prohibiting her from later fighting any perceived "problems" with the plea agreement. ThugBoy should have had his time doubled when he decided to fight the loss of his law license.

News950
Username: News950

Post Number: 42
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pleads guilty to 2 felonies, (counts 2 and 7 I think) 120 days in jail, repay $100k

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 9443
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like that idea, Lodgedodger! Pitch a bitch while you're in the big house and we tack on extra time to your sentence! Again, Kwame was the one that agreed to it. He's a lawyer, he read it, and signed it. No one coerced his chubby little fingers to sign that agreement so if he has any class, he should honor that document. End of discussion!

I just hope Christine Beatty has a little more dignity going to jail than KK. No press conferences where she's going to blame anyone I hope. She did wrong, admitted to it and with any luck go to jail with some modicum of decency.

Searay215
Username: Searay215

Post Number: 41
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is the video of her pleading guilty.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/my fox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video. jsp?contentId=7976677&version= 1&locale=EN-US

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 609
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Searay215, that video is hysterical. I have to email that to everyone.

Question though, why does the header for the video say:
Watch raw video as Christine Beatty pleads guilty to obstruction of justice on Monday, Dec. 9, 2008.

Dec. 9, 2008 is next Tuesday, not today. Fox needs to get their sh*t together.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 439
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christine Beatty is scheduled to speak publicly today at 3:00 pm, breaking her silence for the first time since the scandal broke in January.

http://freep.com/article/20081 201/NEWS01/81201048

Townonenorth
Username: Townonenorth

Post Number: 420
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They are warming up on wdiv.com now. Still no show, just 2 chairs.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ video/18177452/index.html

Townonenorth

Post Number: 421
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blah Blah Blah, thanks mom. Geez.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 1139
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What was that about? her Academy Award moment?

Wally
Username: Wally

Post Number: 752
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did she thank Detroit for setting her up for a comeback? :-)

Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 610
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Message to Beatty from citizens of Detroit:

Apology rejected. Please leave the city and DON'T COME BACK!

That is all...

Softailrider
Username: Softailrider

Post Number: 241
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where's the 100K supposed to come from ? How much of that can she make in 120 days producing license plates anyway ?

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 881
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At least in the big house they will all know who the f__k she is. She will be exactly where she should be. She and thug KK have laughed their last laugh at Detroiters for 120 days...when they come out, who knows, maybe Detroiters will take them back with welcome arms...I have a feeling that is what's coming next.

Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 613
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry to disappoint you Buyamerican, but this Detroiter is not accepting either one of them back.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 326
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I expect more charges after they get out. I picture a revolving door. They come out and go right back in.

(Message edited by thames on December 01, 2008)

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3816
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BuyAmerican is obviously not hoping to be elected the suburban "goodwill commissioner." :-)

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1459
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this heffa had a press conference...BTW I love that this thread is back up top!

Maf_omac
Username: Maf_omac

Post Number: 97
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who would hire her anyway?

Townonenorth

Post Number: 425
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thames, I'll bet that the charges will be out before they get out.

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 727
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The LA Times blog had an almost funny report.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.co m/washington/2008/12/detroit-s candal.html

Cell time 4 Det mayor COS in txt msg sex plot scandal

D-troit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick alrdy jaild 4 4 mths. Barack pal. Now, COS Christine Beatty goes 2 4 4. C u later. All 4 cellfone scandal, perjury, obstruct justice.

Any 1 still think txt msgs priv8?

Det Free Press pubbed their lovey/plotting txts, provd perjury in cop case, their affair. He married. Not 2 her. She cries, apologizes 2 all but cops. Big urban mess. It's Detroit. What else new?

Vid here.

Downtown_lady

Post Number: 441
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's cute. Still, they're trying to conserve letters/characters text-style, yet added the unnecessary and untrue "Barack pal." Hmmm.

I'm trying not to be offended by "Big urban mess. It's Detroit. What else new?" I know they meant it as humor...

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7988
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAY!

NOW THE PARTY'S OVER! Kwame's lover is going to prison. Hopefully to live right next to her lover.

Let's move on.

Buyamerican

Post Number: 882
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you think the jail will allow conjugal visits between Beatty and thug KK?

Her apology was weak, she never mentioned Brown or Nelthrope except in the context of the case. She didn't apologize to them at all. Why did she apologize to the Kilpatrick family? He was just as guilty in the affair as she was, is it more her fault than his? Where was thug KK's apology to the Beatty family? It was a conspiracy, plain and simple. I don't like Beatty but I think she really got the raw end of the deal...she's the one who resigned, she's the one with no money. The two cops who stopped her for a traffic violation a few years ago should feel totally vindicated.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2953
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny wants us to move on, but the same gullible dopes who cheerfully re-elected KK are still here, waiting for their next opportunity to abuse their right-to-vote by making choices based on all the wrong reasons. In fact, some of them would even be willing to vote for KK again.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 364
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really don't believe she is broke. Broke people don't drive Range Rovers OR maintain $250k homes. Who's paying her mortgage and her car note? NOt her mom. Don't believe the hype. She is far from broke. She may not have money on paper, but someone is taking care of her or else she wouldn't have just quit her job so abruptly with no severance. Please believe that she knew she had a lifeline and that's what she's been using for the past year.

Her name may be connected with one or more of those secret funds.

Downtown_lady

Post Number: 444
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chrissy, I totally agree. She and Kwame probably made a small fortune off of Bobby Ferguson and the dozens of millions of dollars in contracts they sent his way. There is no way she's broke.

quote:

...someone is taking care of her or else she wouldn't have just quit her job so abruptly with no severance. Please believe that she knew she had a lifeline and that's what she's been using for the past year.

Yes!! Especially considering that she has two young children to provide for, I can't imagine that she would quit so hastily without a safety net in place.

Buyamerican

Post Number: 883
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^^
When she resigned her job it was because thug KK said it would be the "right" thing for her to do at the time. I'm sure she thought she would have a lifeline to funds and that thug KK would be there to catch her, but the sky is falling for Beatty and I certainly hope that the plea bargain conditions included some testimony from her regarding thug KK and all the wrongdoing's of the Mayor's office. He dropped her like a hot potato when it was his turn and she should give him the same consideration.

Neither one of those idiots ever apologized to Brown, Nelthrope, or any others who either were fired from their jobs, were demoted, or were humiliated by them. What a shame.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 1141
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Someone look at the court photos and tell me if she was wearing a diamond bracelet - biggish stones. If not real, it would be unlikely that she would wear sparkly jewelry with trousers. That's what makes me think the bracelet is real diamonds.

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: