Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Favorite Christmas Memories « Previous Next »
Archive through December 06, 2008Kathinozarks30 12-06-08  12:18 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Dfd
Username: Dfd

Post Number: 959
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragtop, love those pictures from the catalog!

Switchmanjim
Username: Switchmanjim

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Indeed Rich, I remember you burning rubber at Pitt in your 70 Nova (307) four door.
In 1971 I went to Holy Redeemer, we beat Catholic Central (Frank Tananna) for the city championship 4-0.

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 404
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dfd, I started buying those old Western Auto catalog's when eBay started. I have several and love to look at them this time of the year!

I've seen more things in them that we had in our house than from Sears, Penny's, and Hudson's combined. But those toy ad's were the best.

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 405
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I try to collect the real things whenever I can,

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 512
Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hudson's downtown really did an amazing display for the kids, myself included, back in the day. It was the most incredible, artistic, imaginary place, filled with magic and wonder.

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 397
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Det313grrl
Even from 40+ years beyond, these pics have that certain Magical look to them! Nothing said Christmas like a Hudson display.

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 4281
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

even eastland had great displays in the 60's...

Dfd

Post Number: 911
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 787
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 3:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That Hudsons display was cool.Too bad I was born too late to get the full effect. Closest thing was State St Marshall Fields.Saddest still had to be Topinkas burning " Oh NO Santas Dead"

Reddog289

Post Number: 788
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 3:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That Hudsons display was cool.Too bad I was born too late to get the full effect. Closest thing was State St Marshall Fields.Saddest still had to be Topinkas burning " Oh NO Santas Dead"

Faygoredpop
Username: Faygoredpop

Post Number: 30
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 4:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My memories of Christmas are having Christmas Eve dinner at our house with my Busia (Grandma). We always got to open all of our presents from our parents and grandparents on Christmas Eve and then we got to open the gifts from Santa on Christmas Day.

Well we always had to wait until after dinner to open the gifts. Of course as kids we rushed through our dinner, but my mother would always say; "Wait until Busia has finished her cup of coffee." We would beg and plead with her to take the coffee with her, never worked.

We also had the cardboard fireplace and Busia had the aluminum tree. Of course as a child you think you need a fireplace or Santa can't get into your home to deliver any gifts.

+++ jpeg +++ 168400 +++ My Busia next to her aluminum
tree (1970) +++

Me, our dog - Lady, and other family members near the "fireplace" - 1970

Faygoredpop

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 4:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My memories of Christmas are having Christmas Eve dinner at our house with my Busia (Grandma). We always got to open all of our presents from our parents and grandparents on Christmas Eve and then we got to open the gifts from Santa on Christmas Day.

Well we always had to wait until after dinner to open the gifts. Of course as kids we rushed through our dinner, but my mother would always say; "Wait until Busia has finished her cup of coffee." We would beg and plead with her to take the coffee with her, never worked.

We also had the cardboard fireplace and Busia had the aluminum tree. Of course as a child you think you need a fireplace or Santa can't get into your home to deliver any gifts.

+++ jpeg +++ 168400 +++ My Busia next to her aluminum
tree (1970) +++

Me, our dog - Lady, and other family members near the "fireplace" - 1970

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5054
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 6:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tons of baking, especially my gr-grandmother's sugar cookies which we kids cut out and later decorate as Mom frosts. It's a regular assembly line - lots of different models in many colors - reindeer, Santas, angels, wreaths, stars, bells, trees, snowmen, candy canes...

The tree, picking it out usually at Frank's, it stands in water in the garage for a day or two until there's time to put it up (sometimes the water freezes) - once it's up it's allowed to warm up and relax for a day as the branches fall to their proper height - c7 lights, of course, Dad's job to place them - with bubblers, snowballs, and even bells a few years, replacing the regular bulbs in select spots once they're on the tree, and finding the best spots to hang the heat driven spinners. Mom always hangs the little ornaments near the top of the tree and we hang the bigger non-glass ones lower, too afraid to handle the glass ones until we're older.

Catalogs! Pouring over the pages.

Hudson's downtown and, my favorite, the child sized drinking fountains I can actually reach - yeah, those and riding in the elevator are even better than seeing kinda weird, scary Santa.

We don't have a fireplace. Our stockings are hung under the door to the laundry chute, which runs up next to the chimney.

(Message edited by lilpup on December 18, 2008)

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 443
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In 1979, I was a area sales manager for Hudsons at Northland. I had a PT xmas staffer going through some very very hard times. I went to my divisional manager to discuss this woman's problems. It turned out that my DM and her friends always devoted money at Christmas to charitable causes.

That year, they gave this one woman (she had seven children) $1000 dollars in cash. My boss asked me to give her a Christmas card, I did not know what was in it. This was on Christmas eve. My DM, told me to tell her go shopping. Gave her the day off with pay to provide for her family.

I still cry when I remember this story. The joy they brought to this woman was beyond words to describe. It was a true Christmas moment. I don't remember the name of the woman who received this gift but I will never forget the name of the donor.

Dtctygrl
Username: Dtctygrl

Post Number: 66
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Faygoredpop - love the pic! Especially all the toys. I was trying to figure out what type of doll was standing on top of the fireplace - do you know?

Wkl
Username: Wkl

Post Number: 83
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christmas Eve 1968 always comes back to me at this time of year. The family tradition was to have dinner out and then do the tour of Grosse Pointe to see the lights. What makes it standout was while doing the tour, the Apllo 8 crew was on the radio doing their Christmas greeting to earth reading from Genesis.

I'm trying to remember the name a place we always ate at. It was on the south side of Mack a block or two west ot St. Clairs church in GP. Anyone remember it? I believe it was painted white.

Catch22
Username: Catch22

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It must have been regulation to have one of those cardboard fireplaces. Here's my family's, in 1964 with my sister, just turned 5.

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 401
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The little cardboard Fireplace lived in the hearts of many of us!
Many different designs too!

The Mrs. also had one in her childhood,

Might need to change the song to reflect our childhood memories?

Silver & Gold,,, Cardboard painted Bold! :-)

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5160
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about 'Chestnuts roasting on a cardboard fire"?

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 402
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about Decor, What have you used over the years?

I had this Flagpole tree blinking, Looked like the Penobscot of the neighborhood.

Kids and I made the snowmen years ago, Nothing like snowmen keeping warm by the fire to put you in the Spirit?

Little Ice storm few years back, Got to love a White Christmas!

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 403
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guess what you can still get?

http://www.theboxcompany.com/t oystorage-fireplace.html?gclid =CPXJo9Kzy5cCFQukHgodhzSnSg

and

http://www.shindigz.com/catalo g.cfm?pgp=8W077C&StumpsTrackID =GFSZ121608

No mention of the bulb/spinner flame action.

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 404
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1960, Rag was 1yr old, The TV was B&W, and the entertainment would of been-

Hardrock, Coco & Joe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml4CqQ-cUGM

Suzy Snowflake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaUBpsn4QjQ

and, Frosty the Snowman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDLkIdXU--o

2008, Rag is 49, and even in B&W, these clips are still the best entertainment!

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 1243
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

love the "snowmen by the fire" picture.

Shovelhead
Username: Shovelhead

Post Number: 16
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'67, bittersweet memories. First Christmas after my dad passed, almost four months to the day. Anyway, went to a friend's house on Christmas Eve. Went by myself, no big deal except on my motorcycle, 305 Honda. Back then there was a license restriction limiting fifteen year olds to 5 h.p. bikes, this was the one I had. The Honda was about 24 h.p. Oops 1!
Went to a friend's house, oops 2, he had no license, but also had a bike.
Oops 3, cop sees TWO motorcycles on Christmas Eve, must have been a slow night, turns on red light. (Statute of Limitations is up, right?)
Well, lets just say we didn't get stopped. Called home and told my mother that I was staying at the friend's house for the night, and would be home in the morning.
Spent Christmas Eve in a old, drafty turn of the century Victorian sleeping in a leather chair next to the blazing fireplace which I stoked all night long. Found a LOT of back roads to ride home on the next day..............

Faygoredpop

Post Number: 32
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, Dtctygrl. I don't recall the doll. I was almost 2 yrs old in that picture. I wish I could remember. (Actually I wish at times I still had some of the old gifts.)

Here's a picture of my Busia (grandma) by her aluminum tree on New Year's Eve of 1970.

Det313grrl

Post Number: 260
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Det313grrl

Post Number: 261
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tkierpiec
Username: Tkierpiec

Post Number: 160
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG, that aluminum Christmas tree! Now that brings back some really fond memories of the Holidays when my grandparents were still alive.

Some of those vintage aluminum trees are highly coveted. They sell on ebay for $400-$500.

Reddog289

Post Number: 795
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 3:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shovelhead,Your memories bring back a few of mine.It wasn,t a motorcycle but a bike that I rode to a few Christmas parties, something about riding any thing in the cold gets my blood flowing, eventhough I hate winter,the snow in the spokes is like a badge of honor.

Faygoredpop

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 6:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, who can forget "Breakfast with Santa" at Crowley's. I still have my mug. Also going shopping at the "Children's Only" area in Hudson's. No matter how much we had, we always walked out of there with a gift for everyone on our list.

Ahhhhhhhhhh. The good ole days. Why can't we have back like that again.

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 405
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Faygoredpop,
I present my Mom and Santa!

Mom and Dad met while both were working at Hudsons, By the time I was born she worked at Crowley's.
Going Christmas Shopping with her to either store was like going home! Good times!

Oh yes, the mug

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 406
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I was looking for that card, I came across some information of just how long that "Fireplace" was in use, I had no idea it was still around in 1980,,until now lol

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 407
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Det313grrl
Little Boy's and Trains?
I do not remember this set, based on my age, I'd guess it only lasted an hour or two?

Lowell
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 5118
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a great thread -- Hall of Fame bound. Flanders story from the MCS days tops the list of many fine and touching stories.

Dfd

Post Number: 917
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sumas, do you mind if I copy your post on the "I worked at Hudsons" thread?

Gibran

Post Number: 4311
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Faygoredpop

Post Number: 34
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 2:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragtoplover, I still use my Crowley's mug for hot chocolate. I love that mug.

I don't have any small kids, but I would still love to have Breakfast with Santa, especially at the Zoo.

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 408
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seeing Santa at Hudsons would also net you some cool books, Working there would get you the Hudsonian.

ps, Kathi, still hoping to see your family/christmas pics :-)

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 411
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christmas 1967

Dtctygrl

Post Number: 67
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragtop: That wasn't a Charlie Brown tree! Ahh, so many memories.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1750
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tip-It! Our game is still at mom's house.

Ragtop, that's cool that you remembered and it's been a whole year. I still haven't figured out the picture to computer thing. Oh, your mom looks like she is a fun girl. What a great picture with Santa. Thanks for the Suzy Snowflake cartoon. I love it!

Faygo, your Busia dressed very smartly, huh? Quite the cool Busia with those silver shoes.
Oh, and by the way, I WANT that aluminum Christmas tree. :-)

Det313grrl

Post Number: 276
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragtoplover, somebody must have been really good that year. A microscope, a telephone, a sewing machine and an easy-bake oven. Quite the hall. Is that a talking doll, maybe.

Gibran

Post Number: 4312
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow 67 was the year for tip it...I still reference that game when it comes to life...

Those memories ...my Christmas mornings were magical..finding a castle in the morning was my favorite gift...

rag that is so funny my sister got a microscope too one Christmas and the invisible women model...she is now a Doctor..funny how these things work out...I got a lot of play sets and I am still a dreamer...

and a strong lover of the magic of Christmas..I still have my MArx Castle and Fort Apache...as well as my farm set, dinosaurs etc...

but is was the family all together that made those days so grand..the dinner and my mom and dad finally relaxing if not for the day...no matter how times were, they made Christmas a little special ..and the prep that went into it I still try to give my kids today...

what is remarkable about the pictures is that it seems they could have been in any of our houses...except for the trees...my dad always had to get one that was too big for the room... I think he liked it that way.

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 509
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

whoa! What a thread! I got so many kisses under the misteltoe, I nearly blush.

Merry Christmas ya'll. Enjoy.

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 412
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 9:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Det313grrl-"somebody must have been really good that year."

lol, must of been my sister, looking at that pic, all I see of mine is the Microscope and the Globe. I'm sure the Tip-it was common property.

But that was ok with me, I had a great year the year before!

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 413
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gibran, I'm sure you know that those Marx sets go for good $$

I had a couple Matchbox/BP gas stations that I wish I had held on to, I now see them on eBay at prices I can't touch.

Thinking back to the Microscope above, It didn't stay, Wouldn't focus for anything so it went back to the north pole. I ended up with a Gilbert that I had for many years.

Kathi, I know you can do it! You did one for the Cat thread didn't you? It would be a wonderful Christmas present to us all, if you'll give it a shot :-)

Det313grrl

Post Number: 280
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragtoplover, lol, 66' was a good year!

Dtctygrl

Post Number: 68
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Det313 - Regarding Ragtop's 67 pic - the doll didn't talk, but she did walk (if you held her hand and shoved her along) :-) I loved her! I still have the Santa pictured in the 66 pic that Ragtop posted. I think Mom got it at Crowley's.

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 2099
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1977, Louisville KY at my Pops and Granna's house. Me and my Lil Sis are put to bed on christmas eve to toss and turn wondering what we would get in the morning. I was trying to force myself to sleep when about 11pm just as we were drifting off, the entire family, Aunts, Uncles, Mom, Dad, Pops and Granna come running down the stairs. There all excited and claim Santa's come early and that he must of started his route in Louisville. My sisters eyes are electric, everyone's whispering. Im trying to explain to Granna in hushed words my sister wont hear that Santa isn't real, I just wanted her to know I was in on the secret now, I was older now. Pops decides enough time had passed so he goes to take a peek upstairs. Coming back down the stairs hes got a huge grin and hes looking straight at sister Laura. "Oh Santa's been here alright" he says. Everyone jumps off the beds and rushes the stairs up. Walking into the familyroom, gifts were piled four feet high and covered a third of the floor, the Christmas tree was behind it all somewhere. We tore into it.

Granna had to work Christmas morning for Eastern Airlines at 6AM, she just wanted to see us kids unravel so she had Santa come early. 7AM, parents are making some drink called a bloody mary, gross.

Best Christmass setup EVER, 1977 Louisville KY.

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 415
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django, I've got to wonder, after you told Granna you were in on the secret, and that you were older now, Did she offer you any Bloody Mary? or were you too busy with all those presents to partake? lol

Feliz Navidad Django!
Ha llegado la hora de salir y algunas pala de arena :-)

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 418
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody ever play with this kind of "Pop Gun". It was a giveaway from Sinclair gas stations. Flick the gun in the air and insides come out with a POP! Just a paper gun, but I like the Christmas graphic.

Django

Post Number: 2110
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny you ask that Ragtop. Granna never had a problem with me taking a drink of whatever she was drinking. Theres actually a story about me swillin Grannas drink then dancing like a little wildman by the fireplace when I was about 4 yrs old.

How times have changed. You used to be able to get your kid drunk for cheap entertainment. LOL

Django

Post Number: 2111
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yeah.

Happy Festivus

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 420
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tonight's the big night, I hope the real version of these are keeping very busy, all loose ends must be tied today!

Mom always had a assortment of these pre-Kmart elves around, no doubt to keep an eye on us kids.

Mom and Dad are long gone, But the memory of her cooking the turkey for both Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, still makes my mouth water:-)

A warm and Heartfelt Merry Christmas to everyone (posting or not) reading this thread!

Rag

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5243
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And to you too, Ragtop. Thanks for all the memories your pictures have stirred up.

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 423
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-)

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1756
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your mom and dad are long gone? I am so sad for you right now. Your pictures mean so much more to me now. Merry Christmas Ragtop and sis.
I hope you still will want to see pix of Christmas next year as I can't get any this year.

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you are all cozy and thankful for any and all blessings in your lives.

Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 426
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Kathi, But no need to feel sad, this is the way life is supposed to work, Nothing is forever! Enjoy each and every moment with all your loved ones. Especially today!
The sun is bright and the weather is cool, such a wonderful Christmas morning! and, our stove here looks just like the picture above right now:-)

as for those pics of yours? maybe you need to do a Christmas in July set for us? a year seems like a long time to wait? lol,,, then again, the older we get, it seems like Christmas is only about 7 months apart?

I'd like to add,

Gibran, Thanks for starting this thread!

Jimaz, Det313grrl, Faygoredpop, and Catch22 for posting Pics.

and to everyone else for joining in on the dialogue, Enjoy the rest of the Holiday!
Rag

Until next time, Ho Ho Ho :-)

Dtctygrl

Post Number: 69
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: