Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » 'Conyers once again puts her foot into her considerably large mouth' « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Realitycheck
Username: Realitycheck

Post Number: 284
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Catch what came from her loose lips Tuesday (Jan. 6) about the ex-mayor and his squeeze, who're both 38 years old:
quote:

These people made mistakes…because they were young and inexperienced.

That provokes this smackdown today from local marketing communication executive Don Tanner:
quote:

I was appalled.

Kilpatrick and his buddy are wearing prison orange because of their arrogance and abuse of power. This had nothing to do with age or experience; to be sure, stupidity knows no such demographic boundaries. And, last time I checked, both were well into their 30s, with Kilpatrick serving previously in Lansing as a lawmaker.

Conyers once again puts her foot into her considerably large mouth, offending another vital constituency — youthful voters, our future — already turned off by politicians and their constant missteps.

Perhaps this group will be newly motivated to turn out to the polls the next time Conyers is up for reelection and vote accordingly. Wouldn’t that be a just demonstration of “youthful exuberance?”

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 915
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you read the letters that Beatty's friends submitted to the Judge, you would really be shocked. Well-educated people using extreme Victorian phraseology referred to what she did as a mere "faux pas." Another listed among the attributes that should lend leniancy that she was a fun host for parties and children's sleep-overs. Her cheerleader coaching is so much fun that the writer flew in for games several times!!!

These writers were mostly out-of-town-based sorority sisters. I'm not sure that any local "sorors" wrote in defense of Christine - possibly because Carlita Kilpatrick is a member of the same sorority.

Seems like a cult to me.

Jacqueline
Username: Jacqueline

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Southwestmap: Would you have a link to the letters of support?

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 496
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beatty's letters of support:
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/gallery?Site=C4&Date=2009 0106&Category=MULTI&ArtNo=1060 03&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 739
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

(Note to SWMap, I didn't read your post first. Skipped straight to the letters, sorry! :-)

Shirletha, one of her sorority sisters, calls the crime she committed a "faux pas" in a letter of support.

Now, I think showing up an hour late to a dinner party is a "faux pas". Or wearing navy and black together could be considered a "faux pas". Or not remembering an old friend's name might qualify as a "faux pas".

But to classify what Beatty did as a social blunder?

Really?

Blech. I can't reading anything past that.

(Message edited by rel on January 08, 2009)

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: