Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » ::::::Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread - 1 » Freman Hendrix Town Hall Meeting - March 22nd « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bindetroit
Username: Bindetroit

Post Number: 741
Posted From: 69.246.117.31
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TOWN HALL MEETING
A NEW URBAN VISION FOR THE CITY OF DETROIT

Mayoral candidate Freman Hendrix describes the path to a more progressive, sustainable and dynamic Detroit.

Calling All City Lovers ...
Architects, Artists, Builders, Community Leaders, Designers, Developers, Entrepreneurs, Environmentalists, Musicians, Planners, Preservationists, Transit Advocates, Writers ...

You are all urbanists and your voices are vital to the future of Detroit. Freman Hendrix invites you to hear his plan and offer your own thoughts on developing a new urban agenda and strategic policy that will leverage Detroit's rich urban past to greater effect and launch the city on a road to economic recovery.

Tuesday, March 22
6:30 - 8:30 PM
Historic Century Club/Gem Theatre
333 Madison Avenue (corner of Brush)
RSVP: (313) 861-8683

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 2360
Posted From: 68.73.32.206
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Town Hall Meeting?

You must be part of the campaign because this event is not even on the website.

Bindetroit

Post Number: 742
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

E-mail alerts. Anyone can get them - just sign up at the candidate's website: www.fremanhendrix.com

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 640
Posted From: 69.212.230.155
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, they obviously didn't want you to know but I guess the cat is out of the bag now. It's quite funny to hear your response to this news, like they were supposed to notify you first before they made this town hall meeting. I'm still laughing.

Amelia
Username: Amelia

Post Number: 183
Posted From: 4.229.72.86
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is really funny. I guess he did this so he and his supporters would have somewhere to go during Mayor Kilpatrick's State of the City address @ THE MAX. I got an e-mail and sent REGRETS! LOL

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1126
Posted From: 205.188.117.68
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia, do you honestly think that THE MAX (Fisher) supported Kilpatrick? LOL

Amelia

Post Number: 185
Posted From: 4.229.48.20
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who cares at this point!LOL

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1132
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia, you better care. His MONEY and surrogates are alive and well. LOL

Brian

Post Number: 2379
Posted From: 67.37.83.193
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They backed Kilpatrick when he ran against Gil Hill and they have contributed to him since. They have always supported the incumbent mayor.

Bindetroit

Post Number: 749
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"They" who?

Amelia

Post Number: 188
Posted From: 4.229.108.179
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 1:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ask metroboy, he seems to be quite concerned about who's going to get the big money. Well, we know who won't, so why I am caring about surrogate money or what the Call 'em Out Gang and 'dem keep posting on this site. Maybe its still the earring, if so, I'm the one ROFLMBAO.

Morena
Username: Morena

Post Number: 118
Posted From: 68.42.173.147
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 2:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia:

Is Freman's Town Hall the same night as the Mayor's State of the City?

Amelia

Post Number: 195
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Morena: YES, INDEED IT IS!

Amelia

Post Number: 196
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To all: If you haven't yet received one of the 3,000 invitations, Mayor Kilpatrick goes live at 7:00 pm.

Morena

Post Number: 121
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 2:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This should be interesting. The State of the City is always live and packed although I think a lot of the attendees are the Mayor's political appointees.

A few blocks south is the GEM and I'm not sure how large there space is but it is smaller than the DSO. However, everyone that attends Freman's event will be supporters unless Brian's there doing reconnaisance work.

Strategically speaking, this is a good political move. Especially, if Freman gets a large turnout.

Maybe Sharon and Benny will host a Candidates Night on the same night too.

So here's my last question for now: How many Detroit Forum posters will attend Freman's event (considering it's open to the public) v. the Mayor's State of the City (whether live or at home on TV)?

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 67
Posted From: 208.39.170.77
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Really, what do you think the Mayor will talk about on the 22nd?

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 69
Posted From: 64.139.64.80
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope people going to see freman take some no-doze before hand...Gonna be a real snoozer, oops I mean really exciting (ya right) event.

1honey

Post Number: 68
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, well I am going to check out what Freman is rapping about.

Dag
Username: Dag

Post Number: 107
Posted From: 69.241.254.67
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will be in attendance as well. not a supporter, I just want to know more of what this man is about.

Quinn

Post Number: 70
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Kilpatrick is using the state of the city to announce his re-bid for mayor too.

He had a pretty flashy annual report that was sent out a month ago...so I'm guessing his speech will be all frills...should be really exciting too. I think I'm going to watch queer eye.

There is a candidates forum with kwame, freman and sharon on the 24th that should be truly exciting. I think it's the first "debate" with all of them.

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 2972
Posted From: 141.213.171.251
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm still waiting as per his remarks about the B-C deal at last year's State of the City.
"You can wait two weeks, can't you?"
Well, we've since waited over 52 for more news.
No dice.
Also waiting on some word about MCS.
That too, no dice.
Will this year be more of the same old bullschitt?

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 119
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If he wants a vision for Detroit he would be a lot more credible if his wife would quit working for the Illitch family as a VP. We all know the Illitch vision is just a string of pizza parlors in the downtown with lots of parking lots.

This I am sure will be a big YAWNER!

Brian

Post Number: 2389
Posted From: 63.69.106.5
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You were licking his draws when he made his annoucements.

Folks put up the pictures with him and Granholm in front of the BC and MCS.

Threads began to pupup with visions of what folks here online who have no money wanted the two bldgs to look like or what they should be used for or how somebody else should spend city dollars.

I wrote then that Kilpatrick was fulla shit. There was no talk of receivership by Helmut or Kwame back then. Today, this forum has turned against Kwame overnight for not doing what you wanted him to do. He made the deal according to some folks who have inside information. But according to those same persons its the fault of the IRS as to why the BC sits waiting for implosion.

So why blame Kwame? He did what you wanted him to do and said what you wanted him to say.

Perhaps this is why folks from Detroit don't like or care what folks who don't live in the city have to say. Two much dishonesty, treachery and no loyalty whatsoever.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 120
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame and Freman are the same guy. They all spring from the same McNamara well of crooked thieves! If you blame Kwame blame Freman. One in the same!

Quinn

Post Number: 74
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So freman has got to be illitches choice then. Don't forget Sheila C is best friends with Denise Illitch. It's all a sham.

I really don't want Mike Illitch having any more power in the city...please people don't put his puppet into office.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 121
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ilove it - the die hard Fremanites cannot even respond to my charge of same old same old with Kwame and Freman BECAUSE They know it is true. Buy one get one free(man)!

English
Username: English

Post Number: 346
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

*yawn* <--------- average Detroiter's reaction to Freman.

Don't get me wrong. The other two aren't much to write home about from all accounts, either.

2004, redux. This time on the local level:

Is *this* the best we can do?

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 6177
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

English,

I hear that! Not sure how one can be so obsessed with any of the canidates at this point. I'm struggling to decide between Freman and KK.....and I find that sad.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1134
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 2:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia, what happend? You were so excited about THE MAX yesterday.

Amelia

Post Number: 212
Posted From: 4.229.108.94
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 2:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

let's see .... maybe anthrax ...

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1135
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 3:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only puppets around here are "Ilovedetroit" and Quinn. Two people that "suddenly found Detroityes" and literally within a few minutes and posts went from claiming that they were impartial, rational, intelligent observers...to die-hard McPhail supporters...to bashing Hendrix with false accusations, name-calling, and other negative tactics. Love for Detroit indeed.

Morena

Post Number: 127
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 4:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just heard a rumor that Sharon will be meeting with the Brush Park CDC on the same night the Mayor is giving his State of the City and Freman hosts his Town Hall meeting.

That means she won't be taking copious notes like she did during last year's State of the City.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 122
Posted From: 69.246.4.46
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro- I do love this city! And that is why I cannot stand Freman Hendrix. In his 30 years of "service" to the city - he has not accomplished anything!

- As city accessor our tax strucuture was not changed nor did he do anything to help fix a broken system. AND he has absolutely NO tax plan posted in his 200,000 word philosophy statement.
- And remember Nettie Seabrooks was deputy mayor under Archer for the first 5 years and is credited with GM coming downtown (in conjunction with Archer) - she was also a former VP from GM.
- As Deputy Mayor he managed the school board take over which was a complete FLOP. So bad in fact that 40,000 students have left the school system under state management, which Freman supported.
- His wife works for the Illitch family - the Illitch family are the main engineers behind dismantling the character of our city.
- His main supporter in city council is Sheila Cockrel, a complete and incompetent city council person (not as bad as Bates) who had not passed a single piece of interesting or relevant legislation - and who supports closing the Belle Isel Aquarium - she is also best friends with Denise Illitch.
- And while Freman was DM under Archer they successfully engineered another 100,000 people leaving this city.
- Freman and Archer did absolutely NOTHING for our neighborhoods - but they sure made the downtown pretty for suburbanites to feel happy again!
- He even shows his total lack of brains by buying/leasing a cadillac with campaign funds that he should be using for getting his message out.

Freman is nothing but the same old thing we have been getting for 30 years. He and Kwame's father own a golf course together for christ sake - how much more cozy can they all get! How much more of this do we want? It is time for change! AND that is why I am supporting Sharon McPhail. I have listened to Freman on 3 occasions and he is nothing but an EMPTY SUIT! There is no substance there! Is this enough reasons why this guy is not going to do anything for the city that I love?

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1144
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit", are you therefore changing your story once again? In your first couple of posts (first few minutes on the forum) you claimed that you "were a Hendrix supporter until recently"... before you launched into Hendrix attacks (false accusations, name-calling, etc), literally all within the span of a few minutes and a few posts.

Quinn

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metrodetguy you are the one being disingenuous. My first post was an invitation to see Sharon and Benny at a community event.

Gee..wonder who I support. Wow are you a genius or what. Must be the pineapples. We all need to be thankful you are breathing.

Who are you for?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 123
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro- You are not a good reader and need glasses. I said that I originally went to Hendrix meetings to learn more about him. After attending several of his meeting (3) and several of McPhail's I made a to support McPhail. Like I said above. He is an empty suit! You certainly have resorted to name calling in the past. It is a good description for him.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1147
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No "Ilovedetoit" you've been caught lying again. You stated that you were previously a Hendrix supporter. You need truth serum. 25%...60%...and on and on

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 127
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK...so I agree with you I was a Hendrix supporter then I realized that he was an empty suit! I realized who the true candidate is that can beat Kwame and fix this city - McPhail. I will go on record as saying that I would actually vote for Kwame over Freman..better the devil you know - than the one that was here and left!

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1149
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"25% to 60%"..."White to Black to Suburbanities"..."I was a Hendrix supporter" to "I wasn't a Hendrix supporter" back to "I was a Hendrix supporter"...

Come on "Ilovedetroit", the act was up awhile ago.

Bindetroit

Post Number: 769
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those plannig on attending, please note the new time:

Tuesday, March 22
***5:30 - 7:00 PM***
Historic Century Club/Gem Theatre
333 Madison Avenue (corner of Brush)

RSVP: (313) 861-8683

Sharkskin
Username: Sharkskin

Post Number: 25
Posted From: 66.178.227.202
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So do the candidates' apparatichiks generally leave the forum after the elections, or do they stick around afterward to continue the spin? Question from a newbie.

Brian

Post Number: 2416
Posted From: 63.69.106.5
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILoveDetroit, your sentiment echos many in Detroit. They would prefer Kwame to Hendrix. But rather than call them two devils, the sentiment are that at least Kwame shows 'love' for his people. We may greatly question his love and his actions, but many folks still feel as though they can get further with Kwame than with Helmut. The Archer years were horrible for Detroiters. Archer allowed alot of money to leave the community. Kwame's main problem is that his close friends/associates get contracts unfairly. But when you look at the people, there are more folks in Kwame's circle who are in and from Detroit than was in the Archer circle. Archer funnelled millions in tax payer dollars outside of the city.

The_aram

Post Number: 3005
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The Archer years were horrible for Detroiters."
More broad and sweeping generalizations.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 134
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian- I would support Kwame over Freman - at least we have him in a vise grip now and he knows he has to perform. IF he gets to a 2nd term he will have to improve or Detroit will be lost PLUS his political career that he wants will be gone. Freman will just come in here with the same wagon of fools that have been around forever passing out favors left and right. He will owe everyone his left arm - which will be Detroit's soul. However, none of this will happen because McPhail will win!

1honey

Post Number: 83
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hell, I wouldn't!

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 2800
Posted From: 68.252.70.198
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn, none of these wannabe-candidates have filed yet!! So why all the bullschitt??

I suggest that evryone wait & take a real close look at the 2005-06 Budget deliberations. That will be the tale-of-the-tape .... the real end results!! Go figure .... on who rolls over, who bends-over, and who flinchs when that Budget is approved-by-law. I'm sure there will be quite a few clear-cut policy implications written into the commentary, which will come from all different directions/factions or at-least the claim to be!!

Black-atcha ..... holding 'em close to the chest and checking all bets!!

Detourdetroit
Username: Detourdetroit

Post Number: 73
Posted From: 69.212.224.130
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Doing the Bump!

Detourdetroit
Username: Detourdetroit

Post Number: 74
Posted From: 69.212.40.176
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 2:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have Your Voice Heard
Tuesday @ 5:30PM

Sparkle
Username: Sparkle

Post Number: 166
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I attended, but couldnt stay for the entire event.
I liked a lot of what was said, had some concerns too. A lot of ideas thrown out, mentions of 'templates', but no real detail on how to implement these ideas. Did any of you guys attend and what did you think?

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 1059
Posted From: 69.213.81.174
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DO NOT VOTE FOR FREEMAN!!!

He thinks Detroit Public Schools principals should not have a union or collective bargaining rights(!?!?!). DO NOT VOTE FOR THIS FOOL!!!!!

Sparkle

Post Number: 167
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LV, who should we vote for then and why?

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 3491
Posted From: 209.216.150.127
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why should they? Here in Ontario Principals do not belong to a union.

As the head of the school, you cannot report on or reprimand a fellow union employee. They are in a position of Management, and hence should not be in the union.

If that's the only reason to not vote for him, that doesn't seem like much of a reason...

Ltorivia485

Post Number: 1061
Posted From: 69.213.81.174
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AIW, principals and assistant principals have lost their power under this Burnley regime. Principals have lost pay, was never paid fully what was on their contract, and many are simply retiring (those with over 25 years in the school district.) Detroit is the ONLY SCHOOL DISTRICT in the STATE OF MICHIGAN does not have a union for its principals and assistant principals. The State Legislature took Detroit's principals and assistant principals out of a union, but did not do the same for other school districts. HYPOCRITES! Racism too.

There are DPS teachers making more money than principals and assistant principals. Since when the hell was that right? Why should teachers have a union but not principals and assistant principals? They are at will under the Burnley regime.

Let the principals leave. I would love to see "teachers" try to run a school, balance the budget, deal with discipline, represent the schools, and the list goes on. Detroit principals and assistant principals ARE NOT MANAGEMENT. Burnley has ALL POWER. GIVE US BACK OUR BARGAINING RIGHTS!!!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 167
Posted From: 68.40.107.107
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Freman's invitees...

"Calling All City Lovers ...
Architects, Artists, Builders, Community Leaders, Designers, Developers, Entrepreneurs, Environmentalists, Musicians, Planners, Preservationists, Transit Advocates, Writers"

Of course he leaves out the REAL majority of the city...hard-working, mostly african americans, who are underpriviledged and underemployed and are struggling to make ends-meet...He is such a republican!

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 4150
Posted From: 69.242.223.61
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"In addition to his significant accomplishments in public service, Hendrix has emerged as one of the top political leaders in the State of Michigan. A former member of the Democratic National Committee, Hendrix served as a delegate to the 1992, 1996, and 2000 Democratic National Conventions, and as an elector in the Michigan Electoral College in 1996 and 2000. Hendrix managed both of Dennis Archer's successful mayoral campaigns. In 1996, President Clinton and Vice President Gore tapped Hendrix to lead their successful statewide re-election, making him the first African-American to head a presidential campaign in the State of Michigan."

http://www.fremanhendrix.com/a bout.htm

The_aram

Post Number: 3061
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can we at least spell is name right?
It's F-R-E-M-A-N.
There's no second E.

Lurker
Username: Lurker

Post Number: 812
Posted From: 69.242.214.101
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fredom isn't fre.
-jmy8

Jmy8
Username: Jmy8

Post Number: 2147
Posted From: 12.75.50.174
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 12:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I cribbed that from Brian_no_5 when he was posting articles from worlnetdaily and talking up George Bush.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1201
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit" were "the REAL majority of the city...hard-working, mostly african americans, who are underpriviledged and underemployed and are struggling to make ends-meet" "left out" of Hendrix's 150+ home meetings, other town hall meetings, barber/beauty shop appearances, etc? Nearly 400 people weren't "left out" tonight. How many people came to see McPhail tonight?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 170
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro - McPhail was in a TV studion dummy. And TRUST me from the events I have been to she draws a damn good crowd. Admit Loserville population Freman will be gone in August. And do you even live in Detroit? And if you don't why do I bother with you?

The_aram

Post Number: 3063
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Taking a page out of Brian's book, Ilovedetroit has played the "you don't live here!" card.
How pedestrian.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1204
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 1:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes I do live in Detroit, "Ilovedetroit", is that the best you can do at this point? By the way, I wouldn't brag about McPhail hopping from Channel 2 (Southfield) to Channel 4 while Hendrix had a crowd of nearly 400. Were 25% of Channels 2 and 4's employees from Detroit/Black? How about 60%?Nice try on mischaracterizing his town hall meeting tonight.

Ltorivia485

Post Number: 1064
Posted From: 69.212.52.109
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DO NOT VOTE FOR FREEMAN. He believes Detroit Public Schools principals and assistant principals should not have unions or collective bargaining rights. He is a nut!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 173
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nearly 400 hahaha....the Gem only holds 250 and the crowd (as reported to me by rommie) was about 1/2 african american (mostly professinal and from the Archer administration and 1/2 young urban type white professional - who knows where they lived! Grow up Metro and get a life beyond being Freman's butt boy!

Bindetroit

Post Number: 794
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From their website: "Today, the Gem & Century buildings are home to the 450-seat Gem Theatre, 192-seat Century Theatre, 100-seat Century Grille Restaurant, and the 250-seat Century Grille Banquet Facility."

Okay, so it's only 450 seats. How the heck could 400 people fit in that tight a space? Duh.

Fact-check McFail. You'll find she comes up short too.

Sparkle

Post Number: 171
Posted From: 198.109.44.2
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was there, although I am african american and professional, I was not an archer supporter (although I like him better than Kwame)

Anyway, the makeup of the crowd was very diverse,
the place was packed, people standing, people leaving early and coming late, people outside of the theater, so it may have been 400.
I say there was an even mix, young black, young white, older black, older white, both professionals and students (looking at ages and types of questions asked, everyone I spoke to was friendly and I wish I had the chance to meet a few more people

I dont see how some of you guys can comment on what happened at the meeting if you werent there, hearsay shouldnt be used to back up a statement or as the basis of an argument

The_aram

Post Number: 3068
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ilovedetroit, until you talk to each and every one of those 400 people, you cannot possibly know where all of them live. You're making broad and sweeping generalizations, and it's not making you look too smart.

Amelia

Post Number: 246
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"hearsay shouldn't be used to back up a statement or as a basis of an argument". :-) did somebody find my crib sheet?

Sparkle

Post Number: 174
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what is a crib sheet? is that the what you call the sheet the a professor allows you to use (index card full of formulas) when he/she has not been able to cover everything on the exam.

Either way, no ma'am, its common sense, no need for crib sheets.

Amelia

Post Number: 248
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sparkle -- sweetie: You should use it more often, common sense really has value.

Sparkle

Post Number: 176
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia, your way of thinking and mine are totally different.

I know you think your posts are beneficial to me, but they would be better serve endorsing the PHAT lady whoever she is, i thought the attempt at being 'hip' was humorous. Either that or find something a little more wittier say, the simple insults bore me.
Now if you want to hold an intelligent, informative conversation about the candidates. We can do that too.

Amelia

Post Number: 251
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

S: Sorry about the ADD you suffer with, and I don't do headstart. But if you want to continue the tax discussion, take your best shot.

Sparkle

Post Number: 177
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no not witty enough, no interested in the tax discussion with you. When you assumed I was at the Gem while Kwame was doing his speech, and i had already stated I left early, shows me you have selective reasoning and jump to conclusions.
As for the headstart and ADD remark, I dont see how they apply. I see that you arent into any real conversation regarding the candidates, I have no made a decision on who I will support, but I take it you assume I support hendricks,thus the hostility. All i know is it will not be kwame,

Look I dont deal with hostile people, so go ahead call me out all you like, I'll consider it flattery that you are thinking about me.

PS. Whoever called me Ameila in the will smith thread a while back, I get the joke now and IT AINT FUNNY!!!

lol

Amelia

Post Number: 253
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm very disappointed in you Sparkle. no speak enlish either? Not even for a grown up tax discussion? That's not a new one. see 'ya at the polls.

Jmy8

Post Number: 2149
Posted From: 12.75.52.172
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess if that's the best an ex-presidential blogger can come up with, I know why that blogger's in Detroit shilling on an anonynous message board for a mayor about to be shown the door.

See ya' at the polls, and I ain't even resting on my bona fides.

Jmy8

Post Number: 2150
Posted From: 12.75.52.172
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, still writing in Lou Schimmel.

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 1452
Posted From: 68.251.27.41
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hang in there, Sparkle....

Sparkle

Post Number: 178
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

??? @ Zulu

I like attention
=)

Amelia

Post Number: 254
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jmy*: You coming back to help out again?

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1211
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like more of "Ilovedetroit's" erroneous numbers "backed up" by erroneous information and descriptions...at least it was his/her "roommate" that was "at the meeting" this time. I guess you really can't be in 4 different places at the same time.