Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » ::::::Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread - 1 » McPhail Reacts to State of the City « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bindetroit
Username: Bindetroit

Post Number: 800
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DETROIT MAYORAL CANDIDATE SHARON McPHAIL REACTS TO MAYOR KWAME KILPATRICK’S STATE OF THE CITY ADDRESS

McPhail Says Mayor’s Address Skirts Grim Reality of Detroit’s Finances,
Fails to Recognize Population Loss, Importance of City Services and Other Critical Issues

McPhail Places Priority on Crime Prevention, Resident Safety, Provision of Reliable City Services by Accountable Employees , Fair Taxes and Mature, Responsible Leadership

Detroit Mayoral candidate Sharon McPhail today offered her reaction to Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick’s State of the City Address, saying Mayor Kilpatrick failed to adequately address several critical issues, including Detroit’s finances and its growing population loss.

“Since 2001, over 35,000 people have left the city of Detroit because even the most basic needs – such as the ability to raise a family in safety, a good public education system, reliable city services and fair tax rates – haven’t been fulfilled,” said McPhail. “Coupled with a combined $500 million deficit between the city and its schools, the state of the city of Detroit is not good, and it desperately needs to change.”

If elected to the Detroit Mayor’s Office, McPhail believes she and her appointed Deputy Mayor, former Detroit Police Chief Benny Napoleon, can reverse the city’s plight with a back-to-basics approach to Detroit’s governance.

“Detroit has much to be proud of, and it is the people of Detroit who make our city a great place to live,” said McPhail. “Mayor Kilpatrick’s lack of maturity and accountability has put our city on the decline. The fact is, we need a common-sense approach to making Detroit the great city it once was, and it starts with the basics, including good schools, a strong police force dedicated to resident safety and crime prevention, fair and equitable tax rates, and the provision of reliable city services from accountable employees.

“No city can rise above the image of its leader,” continued McPhail. “Detroit’s citizens no longer believe or trust the Mayor. The key to Detroit’s turnaround is the presence of mature and responsible leadership. It’s what Detroit is sorely lacking, and it’s what Benny and I will provide if elected to the Detroit Mayor’s Office.”

“Since 2001, over 35,000 people have left the city of Detroit because even the most basic needs." And she got sworn in to her first public office, the Detroit City Council, equal to the executive branch, in? 2001.

“No city can rise above the image of its leader.” So true, Ms He-tried-to-electrocute-me/Hmm mm-let's-go-eastside/I'm-a-rac ist?-well-how-about-AfricaTown -and-Sambo-Awards-to-unite-all -of-Detroit/et-cetera-et-ceter a-et-cetera.

Mature? Like a petty disrespectful boycott of the Boy-Mayor's speech? Responsible? Like keeping all 14 of dead Kay's staffers on the payroll/dole?

BZZZZZZZ. Game over. Thank you for playing. Now go back to Ecorse or Southfield or Massachusetts or wherever it was that you carpet-bagged here from.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 179
Posted From: 69.246.4.46
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 3:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh Bin you are so mature. Maybe you should move out of Detroit (if you live here) that would certainly raise our intelligence level.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 6408
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 3:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did she roll her eyes numerous times or wire up an office chair? LMAO

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 3089
Posted From: 68.43.31.87
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SS, she couldn't wire up an office chair, her hands were occupied taking detailed notes of the proceedings WHILE rolling her eyes.

Morena
Username: Morena

Post Number: 174
Posted From: 68.42.173.147
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 4:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What? Her loyal assistant wasn't on hand to re-rig her chair? I thought he could always be found sniffing around her.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 220
Posted From: 69.246.4.46
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Morena formerly known as Morona (but I won't call you that anymore) ... you are so jealous of a good candidate who has a professional campaign. I can't wait till November and then I will get on her and post a big hahahahahahaha .... then I will offer to shake your hand and say let's all work together.

Histeric
Username: Histeric

Post Number: 297
Posted From: 68.42.78.254
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Will you do the same thing if your candidate doesn't win?