Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » ::::::Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread - 1 » Why I am voting for Kwame Kilpatrick « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sparkle
Username: Sparkle

Post Number: 194
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This thread is for people (or person) who are voting for Kwame Kilpatrick. I dont see any threads regarding a possible re-election.

I dont know any Kwame supporters personally, or anyone willing to admit they are one.

But maybe I am wrong, maybe he has a plan for the city, are there any forumers who support him.

PS. I had a piece of Carmel,pecan,chocolate cake last night, and had a nightmare about Kwame getting re-elected and giving me a hug after his speech, I just wanted to see if he had any supporters, and if I should really be as afraid of his re-election as I am.

Amelia
Username: Amelia

Post Number: 276
Posted From: 4.229.90.217
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The man and his plan ... THE PLAN

(Message edited by amelia on March 26, 2005)

Bindetroit
Username: Bindetroit

Post Number: 826
Posted From: 69.246.117.31
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not his plan. And interestingly, the part of the city where the government has had the least success imposing any artificial boosts to development(such as projects conceived of by the City, then fostered throuhg developer-selection, city finaces, etc.) is the are enjoying the most success. An argument for allowing growth to occur organically?

But what about the other 138 1/2 square miles of the city?

Amelia

Post Number: 277
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe we got one vote?
"I look at what this place was like 3-1/2 years ago, and there is no way I would pay anywhere close to that [$200,000 - 400,000] said Phil Greer, a developer AND resident of the Waldorf Loft Condos on Cass. "But the change is remarkable. Dope boys don't own the corner anymore, and it's a lot safer now".

Amelia

Post Number: 278
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BD: Lean back, dude!! and understand how development projects are done in THIS city. Projects aren't conceived by the city. The city develops a master plan with community planning input [something that hasn't been done since 1992, apparently Freman didn't understand the role of government either]. Other city services such a public safety and infrastructure have to come together as well. Organic growth? are you talking about lettuce and tomatos or what?

Bindetroit

Post Number: 827
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Take off the rose coloured glasses and look at the projects that have succeeded and those that languished or failed. The projects that aren't conceived by the city but are undertaken by the businessmen and women who know the business get done. The others - BS that the city passes off as development - do not. Graimark? Herman Gardens? Book Cadillac? MCS? Coming soon - Far East Side? Uniroyal?

Amelia

Post Number: 279
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bd: "What about the other parts of the city?" If the Archer bunch hadn't screwed up the HUD HOPE VI money the city could have something at Herman Gardens. But, "hope" is on the way. Didya' hear about the new Gardenview Estates?

Amelia

Post Number: 280
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GRAIMARK?!?? GRAIMARK?!? Whose shit was that???

Bindetroit

Post Number: 828
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apparently taking her cues from Fearless Leader, scrambling for someone else to blame for anything and everything is more important than actually focusing on the issues and finding solutions.

Amelia

Post Number: 281
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BD: Don't need cues, Tonto! and you don't ever want to come face to face with my REAL leader! Step up again with something stoopid.

Bindetroit

Post Number: 829
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do tell, how did sleeping your way to a job that didn't involve asking someone if they wanted fries with that qualify you to have an opinion about anything other than hair styles and nail polishes, much less construction using something other than macaroni?

Amelia

Post Number: 282
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BD: YO MAMA??? roflmao - See where people go when they ain't for real? :-)

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 2492
Posted From: 68.73.32.25
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm still waiting to see the $17 billion Archer and Helmut claimed was invested in Detroit during Archer's two terms.

Sparkle

Post Number: 196
Posted From: 64.12.116.195
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uhmm its nice to see midtown coming along, but those are articles from the newspapers. What about Mack/Bewick area, blighted areas of Southwest side, downtown? I believe the resurgence of Midtown is fueled more so by Wayne State University, moreso than anything.
Does Kwame have a campaign website? What is his plans for job creation,
supporting and encouraging small businesses and maintaining business relationship with coporate businesses,
improvement of city services
improvement of services for children and adults
maintaining and protecting city's historical sites and jewels such as belle isle
plans for keeping young adults and attracting other young adults to the city
Plans to deal with unforseen financial problems, that may be caused by an unstable or gloomy economy

Both Hendricks and McPhail have mentioned outlines for many of the above statements, granted those outlines and plans are incomplete but they both seem to be looking for solutions.

Kwame cannot continue to run the city in the same manner, if elected, what does he plan to do differently?

He told us what the problems were in the state of the city address, he told about the things that are in the works, however many of his plans that were in the works failed, MCS and Cobo Hall conferences, and those are both at square one.

Not dissing Kwame, these are honest concerns, if he or his reprensatives can recognize,accept and address these concerns then it maybe be helpful to him.

Amelia

Post Number: 283
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sparkle: Freman and Sharon have "mentioned outlines"? Why would the Mayor have a "campaign website"? He IS the mayor. Newspaper articles including third party document(s) with sources? You continue to babble. I responded with research, experience and facts which is more than you deserve. No more conversation. Game is over.

Sparkle

Post Number: 197
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you responded with a couple of newspaper articles, all in one area of a city.

You are right, Game is over for Kwame.

Thank God, he only has one or 2 supporters

Sparkle

Post Number: 198
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You, know what, I dont want this thread to get hostile. Its just some people bring out the worst in Sparkle.

If there are any other Kilpatrick supporters who can address his plan, and why they feel comfortable voting for him, you are welcomed to do so.

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 4165
Posted From: 68.42.177.192
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not a Kilpatrick supporter, but I think he's not getting the credit he deserves for his work in spearheading the Riverfront Conservancy. In a relatively short period of time, they organized, came up with an amazing plan and raised almost a hundred million dollars from private sources.

Amelia

Post Number: 284
Posted From: 4.229.108.185
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sparkle: Why don't you take responsiblity for your own "worst in Sparkle"? That's what grown-ups do instead of throwing rocks in a baseball stadium. You started this thread with ill intent, so you'll get what's comming to you. Grow up!

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 200
Posted From: 69.246.4.46
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just came from Belle Isle Aquarium where Sharon McPhail met with the folks trying to save the aquarium - it was a very nice event - lots of hard working folks doing what they can to stop the closure of this beautiful place. And the dislike for KK was amazingly strong from people visiting the place. If this is a sign of what he is facing he is going to be in BIG trouble.

Amelia

Post Number: 285
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

iluvdetroit: So you posted this here because you are voting for Kilpatrick? We ALREADY KNOW WHO THAT GROUP OF DUCKS ARE VOTING FOR! duh!

Sparkle

Post Number: 200
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Itsjeff, for your input.

Amelia, I thought you said Game Over? Ma'am why are you still here,if not to provide information about the candidate you support?
You are voting for Kwame,but you can't say why, and you become angry when asked to.
You think I am young, which is not an insult to me, I am. Better young and strong for the future is at my grasp, then existing as an old, bitter, stubborn person, for whom there is no future left.
You cant tell me anything else besides those two things.

Putting Ma'am back on ignore, since she nothing of value to say, no need to read.

Back to the original intent of the thread, Kwame supporters- what is his plan and why are you voting for him.

Amelia

Post Number: 287
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You betcha I'm mature, wise, educated and don't need to give you anymore than the spanking you got. Am I going anywhere? Don't think so. Will I stick to you like a bad perm in July? Yes! :-)

Amelia

Post Number: 289
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sparkle: Ya' got any of that pie left you ate last night? Finish it up, maybe when you wake up from your nightmares this time Kilpatrick will still be mayor, but don't count on any more hugs from him ... in your dreams!!! Maybe that's really her problem. :-) [and she thinks I'm the bitter one]

Morena
Username: Morena

Post Number: 155
Posted From: 68.42.173.147
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame Kilpatrick is a young, dynamic leader and happens to be a great Mayor.

His appointments of Walt Watkins, George Jackson, and Henry Haygood were excellent and their results, spectacular.

Chief Ella Bulla-Cummings, the nations first big-city female police chief, has also proved to be an excellent appointment as crime rates were at their lowest in 41 years.

The Health Authority is off and running thanks to many individuals, including the Mayor's strong and persistent leadership.

Neighborhood clean-ups, parks, and code enforcement are having a positive impact on Detroiters quality of life.

Anyone see how many housing permits were pulled over the last fiscal year in comparison to previous administrations?

I could go on but I'll stop for now because I'm sure some patos will want to take swipes this post.

Morena

Post Number: 160
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's pretty class-less Quinn.

I'm sure you're going to win a lot of pats-on-the-back for that post.

Be careful, Sharon just might end up firing you for something this low.

Morena

Post Number: 166
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 3:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Birds of feather flock together - Patos.

Morena

Post Number: 169
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 4:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bully-Cummings is a great police chief who demonstrates the ability to sympathize with the people of Detroit, then go out and arrest the bastards assualting children!

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 1052
Posted From: 66.167.59.244
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 5:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Name calling is not permitted on this forum. If you have run out of ideas, don't resort to name calling. It only makes your POV petty. Your messages will be removed and if you persist you will be asked leave.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 1792
Posted From: 68.42.77.83
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If " HIP HOP KILLpatricks wins the election for mayor. Then he problably through the biggest wild party in the Manoogian Mansion and every Detroiter is invited.

Brian

Post Number: 2531
Posted From: 67.37.84.173
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a serious question/inquiry and an observation. The only link to something in support of the mayor is a link to a Freep article. Then positive references to the mayor take the form of who he appointed or what he didn't do as Archer did , like Graimark. Which is a negative, no a positive on the mayor. Because KK didn't lie, cheat and steal like Archer to make a deal like Graimark does not make him a good mayor.

The Pro-Helmut folks who posted here cannot point to specific items KK has done as mayor or as examples of his 'lack of leadership'. But even worse, the Pro-KK folks here can only provide negatives as to why someone should not vote for anyone but Kwame.

Does Kwame even have a vision? I don't recall anything resembling one in any of his speaches.

Has Kwame accomplished anything? Has he crafted a project from the design phase and planned for putting it into production anytime soon? All he points to is things involving the DDA or DEGC. Those two orgs spend more money than the city does to make their projects work. They have their own tax dollars, they get additional funding or financing from the city, then they still get many various tax incentives to pad their proposals.)

Brian

Post Number: 2539
Posted From: 63.69.106.5
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am still waiting for positive things KK has done in his three years of office. KK never claimed he was a leader, which is to his credit. But all he does is push an item and assume his duties as mayor is complete. But he has created the largest deficit this city has ever seen. And more importantly our debt load is the highest its ever been. Both in dollar amounts and as a percentage of revenue.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 1846
Posted From: 141.217.174.234
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why I'm not voting for KILLpatrick. Here's my reasons.

1. He parties a lot at the Manoogian Mansion

2. He Fires people with no reason

3. He didn't fullfill his promises to the people of Detroit.
4. He keeps on cutting on city sevices

5. He used our city tax dollars to lease a red Lincoln Navigator.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 60
Posted From: 12.172.207.3
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The main reason I wouldn't vote for him is because of his lies. Now, every politician lies, we know that for a fact. But he lies about things that can be easily proven. For example, his statement about how he does not go club hopping....okay, everyone in the City of Detroit knows that he does this...why lie? Just come out and say, yes I am young and I like to go out now and again.

When he was first approached about the Navigator, just say yes we leased it for the first family....who cares, many politicians do this. Don't deny it and keep denying it and then come back and say, well, okay yes we did.

This reminds me of how children respond to situations. You can ask your child if they broke the glass window and they will deny it. You ask them again, and of course they will keep denying it. Then you tell them that the neighbor saw them do it, and that's when they will confess that they did..a child's mentality.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 205
Posted From: 64.139.64.80
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia... COME ON! "THE PLAN" again? How many millions does he have and you guys keep posting that lame news paper story?

Fec
Username: Fec

Post Number: 11
Posted From: 198.109.44.2
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One thing that is known for a fact. . . as long as Kilpatrick remains as the Mayor, nothing will be coming into Detroit. Everything will either stop at 8 Mile or leave by way of 8 Mile.

The Corporate entities do not trust him and prefer not to do business in or about Detroit. The development that is taking place is viewed as a slight gamble with somwhat of an assurance that Detroit voters will remove him by year 2006. Chiefly, development views land, space and property as dollar signs with determination of seeing brighter days. Believe me, the corporate Detroit area is not quiet about what is going on in Detroit. [Proposal E showed that] They are getting their licks in their own way. However, voters, people that are not in denial and business-thinkers know that Kilpatricks days are numbered.

Happily, there are many that are riding this storm out for brighter days with improved leadership on the horizon.

Bindetroit

Post Number: 960
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Three more reasons why Freman Hendrix should be the next mayor of Detroit:

Kwame’s fundraiser fun
http://www.metrotimes.com/edit orial/story.asp?id=7594

Gold earring, tin ear
http://www.metrotimes.com/edit orial/story.asp?id=7592

Motown booster about to go bust
http://www.metrotimes.com/edit orial/story.asp?id=7579

Bindetroit

Post Number: 962
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oops, missed one. Another reason ...

Dream scheme
Mayor’s budget a dangerous fantasy
http://www.metrotimes.com/edit orial/story.asp?id=7593
“Nobody trusts him.”

Amelia

Post Number: 493
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BD: Nowhere in any of those articles was the name "Freman Hendrix" mentioned. Tell us why anybody should vote for him, don't let the press mention Kilpatrick more than Hendrix. Some of the Hendrix team members are lazy as hell .. just sit and wait for somebody else to write something about the Mayor and all you can do is reprint. GET IN THE GAME.

(Message edited by Amelia on April 20, 2005)

Amelia

Post Number: 494
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see minnie mouse stuck her head out again. Please don't get run over by the "ain't nobody crossing 8 mile" train. :-)

Bindetroit

Post Number: 963
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Tell us why anybody should vote for him."

Okay dokey. Go to www.fremanhendrix.com and read REAL plans for getting Detroit back on track. (A little wonk-ish in places, but better than Kilpatrick's blaming god for his failures or McPhail's promise of "coming soon - an idea!")

Amelia

Post Number: 496
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

see lazy azz folk ... my voice mail could say "Go to FREMANHENDRIX.COM".

Bindetroit

Post Number: 967
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could. Might be more productive and a better use of the City's resources than the waste of time the Kilpatrick administration will prove to be for the next 8 months. (How many felonies on KK's to-do list? Gotta feather that nest for a soft landing).

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1325
Posted From: 205.188.117.8
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia, speaking of "lazy ass folk"...

"We can't have a summer jobs program for teens because there is 14% unemployment" (but wait, Kilpatrick is now attempting to throw just such a program together, I wonder why?)

..."Other cities are doing this and that"..."It's suburbanites fault"..."It's White people's fault"..."Political opponents are out to get me"..."it's because I'm a young, Black, male, with an earring"..."it's lies, innuendo, speculation"..."wait 2 weeks"..."it's the state/national economy, Republicans, etc"..."I didn't realize this crap took so long"..."I inherited a (fill in the number) deficit"..."I am an imperfect servent"

GET OUT OF THE CLUBS AND GET BACK TO WORK

Amelia

Post Number: 507
Posted From: 4.229.120.128
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MD: Can't you find anything Hendrix said that's quotable? You need to get on your job. The Kilpatrick summer program is for 300 youth and not nearly the unrealistic thing that Freman proposal [10,000 youth earning $10 hr]. That's a comparison of how realistic Kilpatrick's proposals are compared to Hendrix's "no clue" crap.

Quinn

Post Number: 223
Posted From: 66.208.247.197
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia you had the nerve to tell me to shut up earlier but someone puts a thread on her for people like you to explaing why Kwame is good and you place that old rag link "Da man and Da Plan" !?!?!?!!?

WFL

Amelia

Post Number: 512
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

shut up quinn

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 327
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia - Be careful with Quinn (we accidentally met recently and he is a mean cookie)!!! Although I bet you can kick some good butt to hahaha.

Amelia

Post Number: 515
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To quote your Queen when she got into a skirmish with the late Councilwoman Everett --- ooooooohhh!!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 328
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey now leave our "Queen" out of this - this is a battle between you and Quinn.

Amelia

Post Number: 517
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Likewise, and I can handle this without "King Kwame" as well.

Quinn

Post Number: 225
Posted From: 64.139.64.80
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Handle what? As far as I know there isn't an operation yet to improve brain size or brain power...think you're screwed Amelia.

tit

Eastside
Username: Eastside

Post Number: 251
Posted From: 69.242.221.202
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The band played as the ship went down.

Helfy
Username: Helfy

Post Number: 12
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia? KIDS KOPS KLEAN? remember that?
You must work for Bobbie Fergusen.

Fec

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is something SPOKEN BY Hendrix as it relates to his plan on a Summer Youth Employment Initiative.

His thoughts and plans are to approach private businesses to encourage them to hire our youth. He knows that HIS PLAN has to take in dependable considerations such as staffing size, ability to hire youth, budgeted allocations, etc. Hendrix's plan will attempt to PROGRESSIVELY REACH 10,000 youth hired at, say, up to $10.00 hourly for 3 months, 20 hours per week. That will be something he strongly plans to implement as he moves into the position as Mayor.

Hendrix knows that you can not initiate a successful, well-thoughtout summer youth program THREE MONTHS BEFORE IT IS TO BEGIN [as KK attempted to do as he tried to mimic someone else's plan].

Hendrix knows that you do not hype the numbers [55,000] of registered youth to make yourself look good [AS YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY HAVE THE MANPOWER TO PROVIDE THAT MUCH INTAKE AND/OR MONITORING IN THREE MONTHS' TIME BECAUSE NUMBERS OF THE CLERICAL STAFF HAVE BEEN FIRED].

He has a plan and has revealed just Enough of it so that those with open minds can feel comfortable enough in knowing that he knows what needs to be done and how it should be done.

As you may see, but some of you will not, I've killed two birds with one stone. . . Said what is thoughout, planned and probable by someone seeking to have the chance to prove it, versus, someone that HAS hastily pulled SOMETHING together by any SURREPTITIOUS means necessary.

Got more good stuff, but gotta go! So some of you have a great time with this message. . . you all know what you are capable of!

Brian

Post Number: 2644
Posted From: 67.37.83.87
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

His thoughts and plans are to approach private businesses to encourage them to hire our youth.

Begging!

quote:

10,000 youth hired at, say, up to $10.00 hourly for 3 months, 20 hours per week

$24 Million, will Hendrix provide tax breaks to pay for this too? (Of course this is the summer of 2006, it does nothing for the youth this summer. But then if Hendrix wasn't going to pay for this plan with city taxes he could go to business this summer and implement his plan.

WHY DOES Hendrix have to wait until he is mayor to ASK someone else to hire the youth?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 352
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Because Hendirx has NO pull right now. Everyone who is anyone knows that McPhail WILL make the primary (she has the solid support)...but will it be KK or Hendrix? I still say KK - too much money not to make it and too many appointees that want to keep their jobs. Hendrix's network moved the burbs when archer did not run again and the 4000 voters in Rosedale Park are not enough to carry the city.

Most Hendrix supporters are supporting him because he worked for Archer - how long can he carry that pail of water before it springs some leaks? Remember varying polls show somewhere between 25% and 50% of the population DO NOT KNOW HIM.

Fec

Post Number: 17
Posted From: 4.165.69.80
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 4:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why do some of you insist on these 'because' statements. Give credit where credit is due. And don't give me that crap about a couple of things that happened that YOU didn't like, and if any damaged may had resulted, it too was somewhat insignificant!

Believe me people, Hendrix has support from more than his immediate neighborhood . I'll take this statement to the bank; that's just how sure I am of his victory!

It does not take millions to succeed if you're determined to win. Again, Proposal E proved that! Get it...bunk the money, get the supporting bodies! [Unless someone happens to use money to pay, play and win!] Don't hate the person because of their abilities to open eyes, make citizens know that there is hope around the bend, that someone has so much love for their City to want to 'stick their neck out'; has the experience, determination and the vision to HEAR DETROITERS' CRIES, and there are so much more determining factors to quantify why Mr. Hendrix is the better one.

I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THESE SELFISH PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT LOOKING OUT FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THIS CITY. THEY ARE NOT NOTICING OR ARE IN DENIAL THAT THE CITY IS AILING, AND IF IT HAD THE ABILITY, IT WOULD COMMIT SUICIDE. THAT'S JUST HOW MISERABLE THE CITY FEELS: UNEMPLOYMENT, FLITH, NO CIVILITY, MISPLACED PRIORITIES, SELFISHNESS, HOPELESSNESS, HELPLESSNESS, ISOLATION, ETC. MIND YOU, SOME OF THESE CONCERNS ALWAYS EXISTED, BUT IT HAS BECOME MAGNIFIED OVER THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS.

IF NAYSAYERS WOULD JUST STOP AND LOOK AND LISTEN. THE CITY CRIES OUT! IT'S TRULY APPARENT WHEN THE CITY'S IMAGE AND REPUTATION IS CONSTANTLY CHALLENGED AND SCRUTINZIED DAY IN AND DAY OUT. PEOPLE ARE TALKING, GETTING THE WORD OUT AND THE GOOD OLE-FASHIONED WORD-OF-MOUTH MEDIUM IS TRAVELING! WE ARE SICK AND WE ARE TIRED AND WE ARE EMBARRASSED AND WE ARE SAD AND WE ARE PERPLEXED!

FURTHER, AND UNFORTUNATELY, BOTH OUR EXECUTIVE AND LEGISLATIVE ENTITIES HAVE SURELY FAILED US! THERE IS NO,NO RELIEF IN SIGHT OR RESEMBLANCE OF SINCERE CONCERN TO BE FOUND FROM EITHER.

Sorry for the shouting folks, but it helps me to hold back the tears!

Good night, and if you have any lights, leave them on!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 357
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hold back the tears???? OH you are as dramatic as a Shakespearan actor. I am sitting here holding back my vomit! BLEEEEECCCCCK oooops could not hold it.

Hendrix - Is so bad that I will vote for KK before I vote for that hack. He has done nothing for this community since day one. He has hung out here as a tool of the McNamara machine for years! REALLY what has he done??? FEC? Can you name something? Other than work under Archer and chair the school board takeover he has done nothing for Detroit? He is so embedded in the political machine in this town that he can't even see beyond. If he becomes mayor (fat chance no one knows him and when the do they will run) he will ruin this town with corruption and greed! At least KK is scared now and will probably learn from his mistakes.

Fec

Post Number: 19
Posted From: 4.165.183.172
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In case you did not know, it takes a lot of parts to make a whole. You are stuck in some type of "machine" mentality and can't move beyond your own selfish perception. This is a City we are talking about, and I sincerely think that we need to prioritize its issues, weakness and what should be put at the top of the "Things To Do Today" list. Let's move on and talk about Restoring this Great City.

There are different reasons why we like somethings and not others. To make it simple, you may like a particular tv show because of the actors and I may like it because of the story line. We're all have our own idiosyncrasies and perceptions. However, one thing I know we can agree on is that a Mayor is only as good as how well he leads his city and fulfils the responsibilities of making sure the citizens receives the services as set forth by its charter. Sure, the other situations and circumstances that come into play are there, but hell, that's not why you vote for a leader, you are looking at the qualities of a leader to LEAD. All other things are SECONDARY. . . and if left unchecked, can become significant problems. But we must not lose sight of why we chose a Mayor . . . CITY SERVICES and PROVIDING THEM EFFICIENTLY. This is why we chose our leaders to lead, not for game playing, not for whishy-washy, or for not well-thoughtout planning. A City is only as good as its leader.

I've watched Mr. Hendrix for many years. He's thorough, he's a doer, he's no nonsense, he faces issues, he's a pioneer, he doesn't have a problem challenging and he knows that in order to be affective, those folks that you lead, must be included in your plan. They must be thought about and, if at all possible, be at your table.

From what I've learned in life, the premise of a Mayor is to operate the City government. The first and foremost responsibility is dependable service for its citizens! [Excuse me, but isn't that not the main problem that we are facing today and the reason why most of this website centers around Detroit and its issues] To this writer and many, many, many others, everything else is SECONDARY!

It becomes irritating to read of how others just brush off or excuse what we truly need for this City. It also becomes irritating to read the thoughts of mammy-made, single-issue, single-focused, self-appointed political analyst with this 'political machine' mentality. There are an array of foreseen responsibilities that must be dealt with, and Mr. Hendrix knows what they are, and plans to maintain and sustain this Great City of Detroit. I've seen him in action from that perspective.

Does he know what the citizens and the City need, yes, reliable, dependable City services.

Does he know what his primary responsibility is, yes, to make sure the citizens and the City are cared for.

Does he know how to delegate to those to do his deeds, yes, he knows that to get the job done you most surround yourself with competent,reliable and knowledgeable people whose job is to help you with your primary responsibilities [City services]

Bunk the 'machine' and allow Mr. Hendrix to put it where it belongs. . . at the bottom of the list of "Things To Do Today." Let us concentrate on the primary objective - Restoring pride to the people and to it's Services!

By the way, each day, more and more citizens are becoming aware of Mr. Hendrix. They are told of the plans he has to sustain City Government and to restore the Pride back to its Citizens. He's becoming a Mindset, and some of us know the old adage that, "when you get your head together, your a_ _ will surely will follow."

Just watch'em!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 362
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FEC-

Glad to see you have recovered from your tears enough to type this. You remind me of a lady I know who is a BIG Freman suppoter Michelle F. She talks about him all the time - like you do
- but her real plan is get her husband a job as his CFO. What is your plan? Are you trying to be his PR person?

There is nothing that he can do to convince me to look at him AGAIN. I have been to several meetings - in fact even donated money at an event he had in Birmingham back in the early fall late summer. Initially I found him to be interesting - then I realized that he said the same thing over and over again in that BORING monotone voice. He also has a weak handshakek, which bothers me. Then the more I got to know about him the more mad I was.

- School Board Reform Chairman - HE gleefully took charge of this committee to look good to the Engler administration. He was hoping for some big appointment from a Repub controlled state. He may be a Dem but he would sell his soul to the highest bidder. HE was the person who recommended Burnley, HE helped take away the right of American citizens to vote for their own school board. HE is not a person to admire.

- He has been involved in the CORRUPT political machine that has been running Detroit into the ground for 30 years.

- HE is nothing but an empty suit.

There is no mind there. He had his chance to do something for Detroit but he chose a path of corruption and I am sure the campaign will show all those folks who don't know this person as nothing but an empty suit who cares for nothing but himself.

Fec

Post Number: 21
Posted From: 4.165.132.98
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 2:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since you alleged to a motive as to why I'm backing Mr. Hendrix, I have a job. In fact, I'm looking forward to gaining control over my life by retiring in a couple of years! But enough about me.

My plan is to get the person elected that I have confidence in; someone I feel could provide the much needed leadership that this City needs to heal itself.

Secondly, I guess you have your reasons to feel the way you do about Mr. Hendrix. Some of your reasonings are weak and trite; some of your accusations are not relevent and surely not true. But, you have your idiosyncrasies and your personal beliefs. But I'm puzzled. You stated that you were on board with him in the beginning. The time when his so-called questionable character was already formed. Right now, I question you.

But, "Ithink"IloveDetroit, my confidence in his abilities is not wavering. I have no reason to doubt his abilities as a Mayor for the city. He has my vote, and the vote of others that feel he is the best man for the best job.

You say some things and others say something else. I'll believe what I want and more importantly, what is relative to me as an independent thinker.

Lastly, your tone reflects that you have a lot of suppressed anger. So chill, and know that some things are not as bad as YOU may think!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 368
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Suppresse anger"..... looks like you got an A in Psych 101 FEC.

The polls show that Hendrix is somewhere between 25% and 50% of people who have no clue as to he is. EPCI MRA (his poll conducted by his friends) showed that 25% did not know his name with another 11% not sure about him as a person. The Channel 4 poll this past week showed 50% (which I think is hight but who knows)...either way people don't know him. When they do know him they will question why? I was a luke warm supporter at first. Went to a couple of house parties that I was invited to. I was never really impresses but I was thinking ABK. After I went to a McPhail rally (actually her annoucement for mayor) I was really shocked. she had the ability to make me feel really proud to be a Detroiter. She is smart, sharp and knows what needs to be done. I have always liked her and thought she was good...but I have to admit the media's portrayal of her left me questioning. After meeting her and attending numerous sessions I have come to completely admire her and Benny Napoleon. IF you have never listened to them you should. YOU (FEC) need to be an informed voter.AND not just vote for Hendrix because he worked for Archer. AND you may think I am joking...I worked to invite folks to a McPhail event. For those who were not interested or declared their support for Hendrix I would ask why and 90% said "because he worked for Archer"...isn't that sad. NO one knows anything about him...he can't ride on that Archer coat tail for too long.

HE has a huge gap of 25-50% that is going to be filled by another challenger.

Bindetroit

Post Number: 1006
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The polls show that Hendrix is somewhere between 25% and 50% of people who have no clue as to he is."

you keep saying this but that alone doesn't make it true. If you can't back your crap up, drop the lies already.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1342
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit" on the other hand you have to acknowledge that almost everyone knows McPhail (less than 10% don't recognize her) yet various polls show her with almost 50% negative rating. Name recognition absolutely kills her. She would be better off if people didn't recognize her and simply picked her because they want the current mayor out of office.

Brian

Post Number: 2654
Posted From: 68.73.32.240
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BD and MD at it again, back to back.

But with a supposedly 50% negativity rating (a laughable poll) the other candidates do even with her or worse. Why is it that BD's candidate can't get out of the box with his numbers that supposedly look so good? Why is it that MD's candidate fails to pull ahead of anyone. Their candidate always slips in his own polls when polled against each possible component. Why has their candidates ex boss refused to endorse or support him? Archer was scared out of office. It doesn't look like Archer's former employee can make it alone without a powerful boss to open doors and force others to take notice.
I wonder if that's why his title as deputy was so important at the time as opposed to chief of staff.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 786
Posted From: 69.212.36.76
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, what will you do with yourself if Sharon McPhail loses in August or November? How will you be able to face all of us if she doesn't win? Will you make claims that Hendrix and Kilpatrick conspired to keep McPhail's voters away from the polls? Will you claim the weather was the cause of low voter turnout on the part of McPhail supporters? What fantastical story will you come up with to explain away McPhail's defeat?

Fec

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. Hendrix, himself, realizes that surveys are merely numbers. And depending on how the wind blows, changes with that wind. [HE'S NOT SMUG]

There is confidence like no other that Mr. Hendrix will be a force to reckon with, and that same force will see it come to fruition. Those persons will stand up for him and back him because of the strong belief that he can make this City live and operate again. [However, the transition won't be as easy or as comfortable as one would hope!] And believe me, those will be the same persons to ensure that he stays the course!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 371
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McPhail has a 50% negative rating. That number may or may not be right - regardless I think McPhail knows that she has work to do to convince voters. She has to at least define herself as a credible candidate to at least 5-10% more people in Detroit. That is not an impossible task (remember Bush had less than 40% approval at one time and he ended up winning) for her to do. She has a really solid base of 40 some % of voters (polls vary). If she can capture another 10% she will win.

I really feel that KK will make it to the primary with McPhail. Call me crazy but he has so much money that he will be in the neighborhoods throwing parties etc for folks especially in those areas that he has done well in the past in.

With regards to people not knowing who Hendrix is. That numbers range of 25% to 50% is not my numbers (not lying Bin) those are the polling results. Anyone who is in politics in this city knows that EPIC MRA ran the last poll - that was a Hendrix poll commisioned by his buddies at channel 7. That poll was commisioned at McPhails highest negative press time (post Sambo) and KK has continued negative press. Of course the poll had Hendrix going up. NO one has said anything bad about him yet. BUT in that poll 25% of folks did not know him and another 11% were not decided. The channel 4 poll from last weeks showed 50% not knowing him (which I think is high)...my point is that when people find out who he really is esp. the first Reform School Board Chairman he will more than likely plummet in the ratings. Remember this town voted 70% to take back the school board. His role in that takeover was not popular and he was so rough with tossing people out of meetings that that the city even got sued over one case and LOST!

KK is going to go after Hendrix - he wants him out. He is the weaker of the three candidates with the public. That is why KK and McPhail will make it to the primary. Then KK is going to pull out all stops to kill her off - calling her crazy and a racist etc.. But she is tough, smart and a fighter. The fall should be an interesting race!

Bindetroit

Post Number: 1016
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Anyone who is in politics in this city knows that EPIC MRA ran the last poll - that was a Hendrix poll commisioned by his buddies at channel 7."

Really? And you buying into another frequent poster's "super-duper conspiracy theory"?

"The channel 4 poll from last weeks"

The poll you can't find, and no one else saw, heard or heard about?

"Call me crazy"

Okay.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 6845
Posted From: 64.118.137.226
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Remember this town voted 70% to take back the school board. His role in that takeover was not popular and he was so rough with tossing people out of meetings that that the city even got sued over one case and LOST!"

What a weak argument. Considering Kwame supported the take over PRIOR to becoming mayor, and he still won the position.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 374
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bin - I myself did not see the poll but I have heard from plenty of people - including my boss (not a Detroit resident) who said "congrats to your candidate for leading in the polls - I saw it on the news last night". I have tried to find it to but cannot locate it. So enough people have talked about it...just don't know where it is. Don't worry Bin it still showed a statistical dead heat amongst all candidates - Hnedrix trailing by a couple of points. It is only a poll and they really don't mean much this early in the game. It just gives folks like us something to get excited about for a minute and get on here to squawk about.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1345
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit" you are being dishonest again.

1. There aren't any polls showing McPhail with 40% support.

2. Hendrix rated as unknown has varied in polls between 25% to nearly 40%, not 50% as you stated. Even you have to acknowledge that number is shrinking by the day.

3. The WDIV poll did not make any of the claims that you are "reporting" on this forum. McPhail was certainly not leading in their poll. They reported a virtual three-way tie, however, they also (once again) reported high negative ratings for McPhail (as well as Kilpatrick).

4. Please "back up" your claims about EPIC/MRA.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 380
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro - Look up the EPIC MRA poll yourself. I even said that I did not believe the 50% number on Hendrix but I am glad you acknowledged 25-40% of folks don't know him.

And McPhail did lead in the poll for WDIV and I did say that it is still a 3 way race above... you really are not saying anything new and I agree with you on most everything. But McPhail is running 40% with Napoleon factored in.

AGAIN as I have said before none of this matters numbers change.

Brian

Post Number: 2659
Posted From: 68.73.32.150
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What???
Almost half of the poll respondants don't know who the front runner in the poll is?

Huh?
MD, wrote Hendrix rated as unknown has varied in polls between 25% to nearly 40%

So out of 100%, 40% don't know a candidate, but out of the other 60% this unknown candidate is leading?

So does that mean there is a 40% undecided or did those 40% indicate support for someone not identified in the poll! Were all candidates placed in the same poll?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 384
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian - When you put it that way it is very interesting....the "front runner" is not known by 25-40% (as acknowledged by one of his obvious campaign leaders - he knows too much to be a plan old volunteer)... how can Hendrix possbily make it past the primary. When people find out who he really is - they will run away so fast they will leave skid marks. Like I said a month ago after a McPhail event at Trinity Church in Woodbridge all the kitchen workers had no clue who Hendirx was - when I said he worked for Archer there was a brief moment of uhhh ok...then when I said the first reform school board chairman who helped to take away your right to vote...they ALL went "OH NO WAY. WHAT WAS HIS NAME AGAIN?"

No matter how you slice trouble for the Hendrix camp.

But then again I keep saying it is between KK and McPhail in the primary.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1347
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quite simply the likes of Brian, Quinn, and "Ilovedetroit" are not the best examples of campaign supporters/volunteers. Their actions speak for themselves. "Ilovedetroit's" latest blatant lies about the WDIV poll only further demonstrates his/her lack of credibility.

As I said before, over 90% recognized yet nearly 50% unfavorable (along with lack of money) does not bode well for the McPhail campaign. Combine that with her association to City Council as well as multiple failed runs for political office are a deadly combination for McPhail. The public views her and Kilpatrick with equal distaste and virtually as one in the same (part of the current problems).

Brian

Post Number: 2661
Posted From: 68.73.32.150
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That would mean you have a slam dunk then MD? Then what are doing here?

Then we could go back to your poll when you say that 40% of the 60% (of poll respondants) who know your candidate would vote for him in August. Which calculates back down to 24% would support your candidate. From your numbers above, 45% would support my candidate. So it looks like you are claiming a loss by 2 to 1.

You are probably trying to recover from posting that your candidate is, "rated as unknown has varied in polls between 25% to nearly 40%"

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1348
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Furthermore...Brian/"Ilovedetr oit", you're either being dishonest once again, or you lack basic comprehension skills, or both. The undecideds as well as those that do not recognize Hendrix are roughly the same percentages. That means each candidate has the potential to capture those votes.

By the way, no need for your prefab story that was cooked up at McPhail campaign headquarters. You and Quinn told the same story about the church kitchen. Thanks.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 390
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro - You must lead a REALLY boring life. You remember everything everyone says! Actually that night when Quinn and I told the same story is when we were outed to each other (kind of funny).

Metro- You are the one that is not genuine...you alway try to credit yourself by discrediting others. Are you cabbage ear guy? And you know who I mean!

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1352
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit" - you must lead a REALLY boring life. You make up stories about other candidates to support your candidate. It's not that hard to remember the incredibly false claims that you have made on here. Furthermore, you aren't very bright because your false claims were easily exposed while you can't even keep your story straight in the process.

Brian, as you have clearly demonstrated time and time again, you lack basic comprehension skills as well as common sense, in addition to a severe lack of honesty. It's simply amazing that you think that the entire undecided portion of voters would go towards one candidate (your own, McPhail). Remember, over 90% of voters know who she is, and nearly 50% have a negative opinion of her. Furthermore, you somehow think that the portion of voters that do not know Hendrix will remain the same by election day. Simply amazing. Again, remember the portion of voters that do not know Hendrix is roughly equal to the undecideds. Those votes are fair game to all the candidates.

Brian

Post Number: 2666
Posted From: 67.37.83.102
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MD, you said,

quote:

the portion of voters that do not know Hendrix is roughly equal to the undecideds.
"rated as unknown has varied in polls between 25% to nearly 40%"

which is so many that don't know your candidate that he will need alot of money in order to make himself known and THEN capture that vote. Double duty for a candidate.

Bindetroit

Post Number: 1028
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"which is so many that don't know your candidate that he will need alot of money in order to make himself known and THEN capture that vote. Double duty for a candidate."

No, merely getting the word out and introducing the voters to Freman Hendrix is what the campaign is about. Unlike McFail, who must try to convince the voters who know her that she's not the manipulative lying racist that she has appeared to be over the last 4 years. Double duty? Mission Impossible.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 416
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bin - Manipulative lying racist. Please look at the lind below is this a woman with her family who looks like a racist? A woman with a child like this - does not like whites? Come on Bin that is the stupidest thing I ever heard. Hendrix and KK can't get anything else on McPhail so they call her a racist. Grow up you ass!

http://www.sharonandbenny.com/ about/mcphail.htm

Bindetroit

Post Number: 1035
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's a racist look like?

From Joe Harris:
"some council members consistently obscure, delay and/or impede progress for political expediency.

Some are more interested in radical, divisive, racist concepts, such as African Town, a race-based community, which would not only be detrimental to both the image of the City and the direction in which this City needs to proceed, it is contrary to the desires of most African Americans. The creation of a ghetto is an anathema that represents a return to what many African Americans have attempted to escape. It sends a message to outsiders, both potential residents and businesses, that this is a government that supports racism ... not all small businesses, not all Detroit-based businesses, not all residents, not all poor people, but only members of a particular ethnic group. Moreover, the book (PowerNomics), from which the concept emanated, is fraught with fallacious, impractical ideas. The concept is not only undesirable, it is unworkable. It is not based on sound economic theory, or on some concept that has been successfully practiced elsewhere. It is purely conjectural. Those who blindly follow the author’s lead not only do not understand the socioeconomic impracticalities of the plan if implemented, but moreover, do not understand the ramifications of such a government-sponsored plan. There is no place in this world for such a racist-based philosophy, regardless of the race that prescribes it. The only ones that can benefit from this book are the author and the publisher.

While the City should be welcoming all people of all ethnic groups to live and establish businesses in the City, some council members disdain members of ethnic groups that conduct business in the City. Most are not competing with African American businesses, but rather are providing goods or services that otherwise would be unavailable in those communities, while maintaining their property and acting as good neighbors and good corporate citizens. Nevertheless, they are chastised as a group by some council members, effectively impairing opportunities for a rebirth of this once great city."

Who do you think he was talking about? Yep, the champion of the most racist and bigoted waste of tax dollars imaginable, your beloved mcfail. Ms Sambo-awarding hater, Sharon.

"Sharon McPhail is a liar. She is also apparently a racist. And not too bright."
http://www.detnews.com/2005/ed itorial/0503/10/A10-112821.htm

Now, with regard to your frequent personal attacks on me and other posters, please note:

From the DetroitYes Conditions for Participation:

"This forum is for polite, thoughtful discussion and inquiries only. Entries that are abusive, off subject, silly, containing personal attacks, threats, libels, illegal activities, or hate group messages will be removed as quickly as possible."

"Absolutely no name calling will be allowed, directly or indirectly."

"Participants are kindly requested to address the entire forum in their posts and to only address other participants by their forum names. Please always address the forum in a polite manner."

Whatever happened to your new leaf, your professed vow to embrace civility? Were you lying then or are you lying now? Simple. It's both. You are as inconsistent, untrustworthy and explosively volitile as your candidate. No wonder you like her so much, seeing so much of yourself in her. Your narcissism borders on pathological. Get some help. And good luck. But at least clean up your act.

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 90
Posted From: 68.60.74.3
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

vintage mcphail (http://www.freep.com/news/locw ay/award9e_20050309.htm):

McPhail's first run for mayor in 1993 also was punctuated by comments that painted eventual winner Archer as a pawn of white suburbanites.

Rev. Charles Adams, pastor of the Hartford Memorial Baptist Church, apologized after an attack on Archer at a McPhail prayer breakfast in 1993. Adams said suburbanites "want a mayor to shuffle when he's not going anywhere, scratch when he's not itching and grin when he's not tickled." Even after Adams retracted the remarks, McPhail continued to use the derogatory image during the campaign.

ANOTHER barrier to "regional cooperation" - sharon mcphail.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 421
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thecarl...this is such OLD news get a better subscription to a paper. If you are stupid enough to believe what you read in the paper then vote for Hendrix or Kilpatrick. Or better yet get off your ass and go to a McPhail event and ask her the truth. ItsJeff - was upset over the Sambo awards and I told him to go see McPhail at an event and confront her. GUESS WHAT! He did and he was very pleasantly surprised at the REAL Sharon McPhail...he even wrote the campaign a check and was turned into a supporter. So quit beleiving the shit in the paper.

Check out the web site for events. There is one tonight at True Rock Church 17500 Chandler Park Drive just east of Cadieux at 7:00 PM

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 164
Posted From: 68.250.43.42
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting:
http://kwamemustgo.com/index2. html

Amelia

Post Number: 544
Posted From: 206.148.224.169
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, just looks like more of the Furman family tactics. Remember Mark? Real clever website, but wasting time with old news. We have Steve Wilson for the new stuff.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1366
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia, more attempts at distractions by the Kilpatrick Administration/Campaign. Now the "Mark Furman card". What next, the "J. Edgar Hoover name-drop"? How about a good old fashioned Senator McCarthy reference, for old times sake?

Guess what, "old news" doesn't make wrong turn into right...doesn't make stolen money return to the bank rolls...doesn't make lawsuits go away...and on and on.

Amelia

Post Number: 551
Posted From: 206.148.224.149
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metroboy:
You're the one being distracted - in a big way! You'd better go pick up some petitions and head down to the beauty shops this morning! Freman needs more than your worn out snipes at me, his operatives are just plain lazy.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1370
Posted From: 205.188.117.8
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See Amelia's back-peddling attempt at saving face under the thread "Candidate Having Trouble getting on the ballot".

Damon
Username: Damon

Post Number: 420
Posted From: 172.130.230.235
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame, you are the weakest link. Goodbye!

Bindetroit

Post Number: 1053
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At least Kwame will get this guys vote:

(From Sunday's Detroit News)

Trial in alleged pistol whipping rescheduled

Bobby Ferguson, owner of Ferguson Enterprises and a longtime friend of Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, has had his Wayne County Circuit Court trial on assault and weapons charges rescheduled for Aug. 15. The trial was to start in April, but the date was postponed after Ferguson's lawyer withdrew. Ferguson remains free on a $50,000 cash bond. His bond was increased after Ferguson, before a preliminary examination, allegedly threatened the man he is accused of assaulting, according to court records. Ferguson is accused of pistol whipping one of his employees after the worker allegedly called Ferguson's wife on the phone.

Brian

Post Number: 2688
Posted From: 67.37.84.71
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Ferguson received any contracts under Archer, it might spell trouble for your candidate.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1373
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, if city council approved any contracts for Ferguson (or any other shady characters), it might spell trouble for your candidate...oh wait, that already happend.

Bindetroit

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian - Every single contract between the City and Ferguson was approved by Sharon McPhail. Does this spell trouble for your candidate?

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 3336
Posted From: 68.43.31.87
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unlikely, Brian. Your biased and erroneous claim doesn't fit here. When was Freman brought up? Or are you just continuing your vendetta?

Bobby Ferguson jumped into the game when his good buddy Kwame moved into the Manoogian. Here's some morsels on how Bobby cashed in.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/me tro/0503/10/A01-112311.htm

"Since Kilpatrick became mayor, friend and contractor Bobby Ferguson has been appointed to the Downtown Development Authority board that oversees city construction contracts -- some of which been awarded to his company, Ferguson Enterprises.

Though Ferguson did not make a direct contribution in 2004, employees of his company gave $10,200 to the Kwame M. Kilpatrick for Mayor campaign.

While on the authority's board, Ferguson abstained from voting several times because the agency was approving contracts involving his company.

In February 2004, the authority agreed to pay Ferguson Enterprises Inc. $700,000 for demolition-related work on the Book Cadillac after the company that was to pay him, Historic Hospitality Inc., withdrew."

The same picture from above appears in a 2002 article:
http://www.detnews.com/2002/me tro/0212/31/c01-48705.htm

And it all started from the beginning. From Kwame's inauguration speech:
"Our transition team worked very diligently, led by Bobby Ferguson and Frank Torre in this area, to develop a comprehensive cleanup for the city of Detroit that will begin knocking down dangerous buildings focused around Detroit Public Schools on February 1."
http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us/ma yor/speeches/speeches_inaug.ht m

Sparkle

Post Number: 455
Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its been a month, I still havent read a convincing reason why I would vote for Kwame. The media has him by the neck, and he stays there silent, no response.

Well it will all be over come november or will it?

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 130
Posted From: 150.198.150.244
Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a reason.

KK has great tastes in restaurants.

Wcpo_intern
Username: Wcpo_intern

Post Number: 1540
Posted From: 68.60.140.71
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its been a month and I think the funniest post, for the rawest truthfulness, should go to Bratt for:

"This reminds me of how children respond to situations. You can ask your child if they broke the glass window and they will deny it. You ask them again, and of course they will keep denying it. Then you tell them that the neighbor saw them do it, and that's when they will confess that they did..a child's mentality."

Brian

Post Number: 2709
Posted From: 67.37.84.231
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now I mention a possibility and folks get angry. Md and BD now try to shift the blame to CC and even lie in the process. BUT their candidate was the one who started the Fergusson rumpors and leaked his stuff to the press. If he knew about any CC members who approved it he should have mentioend it then. BUT he did know that Sheila supported those contracts. BUT sheila also employed his daughter. Too many tangled Webs for your candidate BD. Produce the votes, lets see the record. Who did those contracts under Archer? That stuff will hurt both Kwame and the deputy.

AND not all contracts came before the CC under Kwame or even under Archer. Oops!

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1403
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tangled webs indeed. McPhail and her supporters on CC (Mahaffey, Collins, and Watson). No wonder things slip by them left and right.