Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » ::::::Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread - 1 » "I Gotta Get to a Late Night Fundraiser" « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 144
Posted From: 68.42.170.20
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DetroitDrums telling it like it is...

Hats off to the women's organization and New Bethel Church for the informative candidate's forum held Thursday, March 24th. It was orderly, well attended and informative. The program included some spiritually moving gospels and all of us sang the national Black anthem, "Lift Every Voice." By any measure, this candidate's forum was a success, except for the fact that Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick was a no-show. And, oh, by the way, don't believe the hype spouted by Mildred Gaddis and other Hendrix supporters that the supporters of Sharon McPhail were rude. That's simply not true. Numerous? yes. Detroiters from all walks of life? yep. Courteously enthusiastic? you bet. But rude, of course not. Mildred, we got the whole thing on tape. As a matter of fact, it's probably going to air on T.V. And as for Mayor Kilpatrick, shame on you.

I was proud to be a Detroiter last night. In spite of the partisan crowd, with McPhail's folks being in the majority, the crowd listened attentively and applauded when appropriate. Now there was one incident where there were some boos from the audience, and that was when Helmut Freman Hendrix stated that he would merge DDOT (the Detroit Department of Transportation) with SMART. I think that statement frightened and surprised a few people in the audience and they didn't know whether to boo, scream or cry. So they booed. And those were mainly Hendrix’s supporters, judging from the sweatshirts and handbills. Keep in mind, most of McPhail’s people are activists that know of Hendrix’s history of union busting and outsourcing from the infamous takeover of Detroit’s Public Schools. As the chairman of reform board, Helmut Hendrix teamed up with Adamany and went right into the business of union busting and out-sourcing. The principal’s union, a clerical union, and several tr! ade unions were decimated. That was the work of CEO Dr. Adamany and Chairman Helmut Freman Hendrix, not Governor John Engler.

Apparently, Hendrix has hypnotized a few of his supporters into believing he had no control over the CEO’s union busting antics. If you bump into one of these zombied out negroes, slap em in the forehead and tell them, “Hey, Chairman Hendrix had the power to fire CEO Adamany. He didn’t do that because he was tag-teaming with Adamany to wipe out the unions … three, two, one, wake up!”

Let me make this statement as clear as possible: If you are a city worker, a blue collar worker or a union worker, and you support Helmut Hendrix for Mayor, you either have not done your homework or you are crazy. And if you are doing this because you think he’s charming, then you are a romantic crazy. Study your history: Adolph Hitler was charming and personable, even as he ordered the jews to the gas chambers. Helmut Freman Hendrix plays at being charming but he is a power crazed fanatic, a guy that pumped his fist in the air as police obeyed his order to forcibly remove mothers and grandparents from school board meetings – after they were warned only once. Hey Helmut, they were simply exercising their right to protest against losing their voting rights. Remember that little American right that our ancestors died for? DPS’s legal counsel, Attorney Watson, had to tell him to back off from this embarrassing behavior because his orders to remove by force were, in fac! t, unlawful. Victimized mothers successfully sued the Detroit School Board and settled their cases for undisclosed monetary damages out of court. Before he resigned as chairman of the school board, things got so bad that a parent was successful in issuing a court sanctioned personal protection order (PPO) against Helmut Freman Hendrix. He was ordered to st ay at least one hundred paces away from this parent because she feared for her safety. Feared for her safety!

Here’s the deal: many activists contend that he resigned from his post as chairman of the reform board shortly after the PPO incident when the board’s legal counsel advised him to chill out. In other words, the thrill of ultimate control was gone. “You mean as board chairman, Watson, I must actually try to work with these angry parents? I can’t simply order security to toss them out, tusseling, upside down, legs sprawed, yelling for mercy, calling for Jesus? I’ve got to warn them three times first? What the hell kind of fun is that. I quit!”

But anyway, two other points about the candidate’s forum last night. Al Garrett and other city union leaders were in the audience. Shortly after Hendrix made his statement about merging DDOT with SMART, they all left out. Let’s be clear. They were polite, but they got up and left, quietly.

To wrap this up, there were only two really rude and embarrassing moments during the whole forum. The first was when an obviously disturbed woman refused to step away from the audience’s microphone and Reverend Loyce Lester threatened to “go street” on her crazy ass. And the other was candidate Hendrix ignoring the benediction and walking off stage noisily in the middle of prayer. He couldn’t wait to get out of there. “Got to get to a late night fundraiser,” he said, and skirted out a side door, jumped in his newly leased Cadillac – paid for with campaign contributions – and sped off into the night. He left his supporters baffled, high and dry. I’m telling you folks, this guy is a card.
Get the cyberdogg street truth and shout out your perspective at www.detroitdrums.com.

Bindetroit
Username: Bindetroit

Post Number: 832
Posted From: 69.246.117.31
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn, where you even there. or like Sharon at the first forum and ild at this one, are you "phonin' it in"? Thee is no way to rationally respond to your putrid pile of lies, smears, innuedo and, did I mention lies? Just toss the whole slanted crap-fest and wait for someone else who was there to tell the real truth, not
Sharon's revisionist dream world.

And from another local website:
McPhail Supporters ill-mannered
The candidates forum held Thursday night at New Bethel Church for mayoral candidates Hendrix, McPhail and the absent Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick was interrupted several times by the rude and uncouth jeering from an audience of McPhail supporters. Numerous times some attendees lead were asked to quiet down or be removed. The way these people behaved in GODS house Kilpatrick did the smartest thing by not attending. This ill-mannered activity is a reflection on McPhail who is supported by those causing the problems and it is conceivable that this is what Detroiters would have to look forward to if she should be elected mayor. At no time during the event did McPhail attempt to control her supporters in fact she seem to revel in the behavior. McPhail could have shown leadership by quieting her group. But like the Sambo Awards fiasco, past performance is an indicator of future results. What Detroit doesn't need is a carbon copy of the current administration and it's behavior.
McPhail get Your People In Line!!!

From http://www.firejerryo.com/

Amelia
Username: Amelia

Post Number: 290
Posted From: 4.229.72.23
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BD: This is the one time I'm glad you put this link up. This is the RIGHT one! When you're right you're right!

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 2495
Posted From: 67.37.83.242
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 2:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Helmut Freman Hendrix stated that he would merge DDOT (the Detroit Department of Transportation) with SMART

Another takeover just like the Detroit Public Schools. Will Helmut volunteer to run this too?

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 1092
Posted From: 68.255.236.147
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 2:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let me make this statement as clear as possible: If you are a city worker, a blue collar worker or a union worker, and you support Helmut Hendrix for Mayor, you either have not done your homework or you are crazy. And if you are doing this because you think he’s charming, then you are a romantic crazy. Study your history: Adolph Hitler was charming and personable, even as he ordered the jews to the gas chambers. Helmut Freman Hendrix plays at being charming but he is a power crazed fanatic, a guy that pumped his fist in the air as police obeyed his order to forcibly remove mothers and grandparents from school board meetings – after they were warned only once. Hey Helmut, they were simply exercising their right to protest against losing their voting rights.

Tell it like it is, Quinn. Hendrix also opposes unions and collective bargaining rights for DPS principals and assistant principals! This man has definitely lost his mind. He DOES NOT represent the people of Detroit. What a shame. DO NOT VOTE FOR FREMAN!

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 212
Posted From: 69.246.4.46
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 3:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Ltorvia...the comparison to Hitler might be a bit dramatic...but I agree with you on one thing the guy is not right for this city. We need someone with guts and vision and that is not him.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1242
Posted From: 64.12.116.195
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 4:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"In spite of the partisan crowd, with McPhail's folks being in the majority..." -"Detroit Drums"

Hmmm. Funny, "Ilovedetroit's" numbers had 200 supporters each for Hendrix and McPhail with 150 independents. Let's see both "Detroit Drums" and "Ilovedetroit" are notorious for inaccuracy and falsehoods, so which one to believe?

25%...40%...The Freep (368,839) has double the circulation of the News (242,391)...200-200-150

"Detroit Drums": Don't believe Hendrix supporters, Kilpatrick supporters, HONEST McPhail supporters, undecideds, impartials, Detroit Uncovered (FireJerryO), etc...believe us!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 221
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro-

Again your fascination with numbers 2" .. 3"....if I try real hard maybe 3.5". It is ok Metro there is more to life than numbers. Not everyone cares about numbers.

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 4172
Posted From: 68.42.177.192
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Adolph Hitler was charming and personable, even as he ordered the jews to the gas chambers. Helmut Freman Hendrix plays at being charming but he is a power crazed fanatic...

That says all I need to know about Sharon McPhail.

Quinn

Post Number: 151
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Itsjeff: Oh like you were thinking you were seriously considering either Sharon or Helmuthead?

Puhlease...you've got a huge beef with Sharon...nothing will ever change that.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 4174
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I posted in one of the earlier Zulupoles that I was leaning toward Sharon and explained my reasons why. She's running a great campaign, she had Jeff Montgomery by her side at her announcement and I respect Maryann Mahaffey's endorsement, especially considering that she supported Archer last time.

This was before the Sambo nonsense and the flood of newbies here whose purpose is to attack anyone who isn't lockstep behind Sharon. Comparing Hendrix to Hitler isn't helping much...

Quinn

Post Number: 152
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well you don't sound like an independent thinker. Because of what SUPPORTERS are saying you are changing your mind? I hear what you said about sambo, but also said, "This was before the Sambo nonsense and the flood of newbies here whose purpose is to attack anyone who isn't lockstep behind Sharon. Comparing Hendrix to Hitler isn't helping much..."

Come off it. Stop the "I'm impartial and only look at tha facts" bullsh_t. Come OUT of the closet and tell us you've always been for Helmut Head...just be honest for christ sakes. So sad.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 4176
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tsk tsk tsk

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 224
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jeff-

You said you were for McPhail before the Sambo awards and the newbies posting on here? You are dropping her support for her because of those items?

1. Newbies - If we (and I have been here for 3/4 months now) are that scary to you then I don't know what to say. We all have a voice in this country and we should say what we want - weather a NEW American citizen or born here. So the newbie crap don't fly with me.

2. If you believe everything you read in the News and FREEP then you would not be living in Detroit. Come to the Cafe de Troit on Wednesday to listen to Sharon. ASK her the tough questions, she has honest answers for you. Since you know Jeff Montgomery and understand his role then you know that he has been a HUGE figure of controversy over the years - so has Sharon at times. When you speak the truth it hurts and folks don't always want to hear the truth! Sharon's politics towards gay people as always been very supportive. She spoke at several anti Prop 2 rallys and she is a firm believer in that the government should stay out of everyone's bedrooms and that gay people should have equal rights.

With regards to the Sambo Awards. She was one of many political figures that were there. She does not need to apologize for attending an event that holds people accountable. She agrees and so do the majority of african americans that the name should change to the Sell Out Awards but it has not...the purpose of the award is still a good one. It is not necessarily a black white thing. Even Sharon has been nominated for awards in the past...and when she went to the ceremony she did not know if she was nominated then (it is a secret ballot). I look at the Sambo Awards as being something like ACTUP. We may not all like it but it does serve a purpose in calling attention to a matter.

She will tell you her version (which is how I heard it form her)if you ever care to ask her.

Thanks for listening Jeff.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 4177
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ilove, that was the most rational, polite, well thought-out political posting I've seen in months that didn't come from Zulu Warrior. Thank you for taking the time to write it. Jeez, now I feel bad for all my snarky posts.

Yes, I'll be there Wednesday. I'll be the fat, bald white guy : )

Itsjeff

Post Number: 4178
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, to be fair, I didn't outright support Sharon earlier. I think I said that I could see myself voting for her.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 226
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHAHA well Jeff...I wish I could meet you but I am out of town for work. But thank you for the kind words - what a relief that people can actually respond to each other in a civilized manner! You have given me a challenge I will try to be more civilized in my postings to. Get back on here and tell me your thoughts after the Cafe de Troit on Sharon. Thanks Jeff.

Brian

Post Number: 2505
Posted From: 67.37.83.240
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hendrix ignoring the benediction and walking off stage noisily in the middle of prayer

This is causing community relations problems for Helmut's campaign. Folks have heard about this and are not too happy. No respect for the service. No respect for others. I guess whomever was going to give him money won't if he is late. Is Helmut bought and bossed?

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 6429
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hendrix looks to combine DDOT and SMART? God if only we could be so lucky. Strike up another positive for Hendrix. Talking to SMART bus users who also use DDOT, SMART is on time about 90% of the time. DDOT is on time about 10% of the time.

Talking to a long time resident at the stop a few weeks ago, he said the service has never improved since he's been here in the 70's, its only gotten worse.

Jme1405
Username: Jme1405

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In response to Quinn's note I would just like to say that as a Detroiter and as a City of Detroit employee I very much regret the angry tone and snide remarks. The frequent repetition of Mr. Hendrix' first name - a name which is not the one by which he is known - seems to me a childish method of argument. By the way I'm just taking your word for it that this is his first name - personally I have no idea whether this is accurate or not.

Bindetroit
Username: Bindetroit

Post Number: 835
Posted From: 69.246.117.31
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn, Brian, ild - representing for McPhail. You Detroiters are what your candidate's all about? God help us all.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 228
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bin- You are completely worthless and responding to you is a waste of my time.

Supersport - I confess I don't know much about the bus system - other than we need a good one for folks to get to work. Sharon said that horizontal mobility is the key to upward mobility. This simple statement makes sense to me. I do know that when Freman Hendrix mentioned this merger he received lots of cat calls and boos from the audience (not just McPhail supporters) it did not seem like a bad idea to me, however, the majority of folks in that room did not like it. I guess it is something I should look into more and at that point Sharon did not have a chance to respond as they changed the format of the questioning (meaning that candidate were able to respond to each other's comments after that question).

PS - I am not criticizing Freman here as I don't know enough on the topic but the audience did not like it.

Brian

Post Number: 2507
Posted From: 67.37.83.6
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sport sometimes you post exagerations and some time you post crap. Your post at 8:45 pm is fullaschitt. First, you don't know the ontime rates for either system. Second you use a myuthical person to judge the system. That you happened to meet at the bus stop who happened to be a long time resident who happened to tell you this on your chance encounter.

I am a long time resident. I have lived in Detroit since before the seventies. Since before Coleman Young. I can definately tell you that the system has its ups and downs. During Young's years, all bus riders can tell you that during the mayoral election season the buses ran on time, they were clean and the air was on. Archer's and KK's performance matches that of Young. IT should be a stain on their records that they could not improve the system as they said they could. When Archer was mayor, revenue for DDOT went up and still he made no improvement. And if we are to believe you mythical resident, Archer was worse than Coleman.

When I used to take both bus systems to work, both were on time everyday. There was never a time when one didn't show up. I did take major routes and I do know that non-major routes are second priority.

But besides all that, in a political season you need the unions voters and their families. Regardless this is bad for Helmut. Too Bad.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 296
Posted From: 172.151.245.231
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn quote:

quote:

Let me make this statement as clear as possible: If you are a city worker, a blue collar worker or a union worker, and you support Helmut Hendrix for Mayor, you either have not done your homework or you are crazy.

Yep, got to preserve those union jobs. It's white supremacist propaganda that all of those other cities around the country are able to get by with far fewer employees per capita. Hendrix' position that a bus system merger would improve service and expend fewer tax dollars is a complete and total falsehood created for the purpose of transfering another one of Detroit's "jewels" to suburbanites. Don't fire anybody!!!

Sheesh. The municipal unions with their preserve jobs at all costs mantra are sucking the lifeblood out of this city. Thousands of jobs must be cut and it is non-sensical to claim otherwise. At this point, jobs preservation for city workers is simply a welfare for the middle class program. The moral thing for the union leaders to do is to help devise a jobs elimination process that accomplishes a horribly unpleasant task in as humane a way as possible. But what does Detroit get? Race baiting and inaction.

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 3288
Posted From: 141.217.119.145
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lost in Ilovedetroit's "polite" response to itsjeff was a mis-truth in ILD's attempt to deny newbie status. ILD says he/she has been on the Forum for three-four months yet the user information to the left of the post lists ILD as registering in February 2005. I realize politeness (the sort of faux-politeness of blue-blooded women at social engagments) is more valuable around here then the truth or gold. But I thought I would point out that glarring misrepresentation.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 230
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok Jelk....Pettiness is sad. So I was off by a few weeks.

Swingline...Why don't you come to Cafe de Troit and ask McPhail directly what her plans are for city jobs. She is going after bloated departments and managers. She is leaving the little guys alone and will handle it threw attrition and buyouts. But like most folks on here I doubt if you have the nerve to come and ask her...your whole world might come crashing down if something you "believe in" proves to be different.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1251
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 2:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Again your fascination with numbers 2" .. 3"....if I try real hard maybe 3.5". It is ok (Jelk) there is more to life than numbers. Not everyone cares about numbers". -"Ilovedetroit"

Perhaps that's why you keep making them up rather than using the factual ones?

Off by...a few weeks, hundreds of people, thousands of dollars, hundreds of thousands of newspapers, race, residency, etc...it's all good!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 232
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro-

2" ... 3" which is it? Don't be angry I am sure most women don't care.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1255
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit"

it's 368,839 + 242,391 + 200 + 200 + 150 + 25% + 60% + 02-2005

Like I said, if you say you're a woman, odds are that you're actually a man, making your question about "my size" all the more disturbing.

Quinn

Post Number: 163
Posted From: 64.139.64.80
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey how'd my thread get changed to penis size?

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 1100
Posted From: 199.74.93.54
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMAO @ Quinn.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1257
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I guess whomever was going to give him money won't if he is late. Is Helmut bought and bossed?" -Brian

I hope the McPhail campaign doesn't view Detroit's East Side residents (Hendrix's fundraiser that night) with such distaste.

Brian

Post Number: 2512
Posted From: 67.37.83.198
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Detroit's East Side residents

Damn that is alot of people at one fundraiser. Helmut can fund alot of cadilacs with all those donations. I'll expect to see a million plus in your campaign the next time the numbers are reported.

Doesn't change the fact that he pissed of the ministry and those who have now heard how disrespectful Helmut was that evening. We all know Helmut is catholic but does it mean he has to treat other denominations with such ill manners?

Quinn

Post Number: 165
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not saying there was not a fundraiser, but who would have a weeknight fundraiser where the candidate gets there at 9:00 pm? That's just ridiculous.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 234
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The "fundraiser" was at Wall Street on Jefferson...it is near my house and I have bought coffee there before. It is not a large place...I can't imagine using it for fundraising but who knows.

Metro- Whatever sex I am is none of your business...keep them guessing is always good. And with regrds to your size and if I was a man now in addition to being outlandish with your comments on the election are you now a homophobe? If so my guess is that most gay men (who usually have some class) would not even be attracted to you - so don't worry too much!

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1259
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once again "Ilovedetroit" to correct your false information, the fundraiser was at Wall Street Lounge (James Couzens service drive) NOT Wall Street Coffee Shop.

Nice try on the homophobe red herring, however, it is highly inappropriate for a person that does not know another person (or even if you do for that matter) to ask about another person's genitals.

Quinn, a Thursday night is often considered a "weekend" night in bar/entertainment circles.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1260
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, the only disrespectful behavior that people are really talking about are the antics of SOME McPhail supporters (at the candidate forum, "Sambo Awards", etc...and even on this website).

(Message edited by metrodetguy on March 30, 2005)

Quinn

Post Number: 166
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK...not to persist...BUT TO PERSIST.

This was a fundraiser for Detroit Eastsiders? Why was it held on the West Side of town?

Wall Street Lounge: http://detroit.citysearch.com/ map?mode=geo&id=36328992&map_l at=424262&map_lon=-831809&fid= 10&cslink=profile_map_noncust& ulink=profile_10_vitalinfo_1__ _map__1

Metro: "I hope the McPhail campaign doesn't view Detroit's East Side residents (Hendrix's fundraiser that night) with such distaste."

Were you mistaken in either 1. Saying he had a fundraiser for eastsiders or 2. The location being Wall Street lounge?

I can't imagine having a fundraiser for eastsiders on the west side. I will give you the Thursday night Bar thing, knowing now that the fundraiser was at a bar (no problem there at all), as I thought it was for a community on the east side of Detroit (and Community meetings never start at 9pm)

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1262
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn, from what I have heard:

1. Some Eastside venues where they first looked were already booked on that particular date.

2. The Wall Street Lounge owner knew someone on Hendrix's East Side Committee and offered his services for the event on that date.

3. Some Eastside (and downtown) venues wanted to host the event, however, some type of intimidation was taking place behind the scenes by Kilpatrick supporters.

Quinn

Post Number: 167
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I understand itimidation...There are always scary kilpatrick people at Sharon/Benny events looking mean and handing out expensive, paid-for-by-detroit-tax-payers , fancy year-end reports.

Amelia

Post Number: 318
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

metroboy: You have really gone over the top with that #3! Do you really think anybody has the time or the inclination to run around behind a bunch of losers who can't find a bar/lounge anywhere downtown or the eastide to host 27 people!! Stop continually blaming Kilpatrick for everything freman can't figure out. If he can't pull this off, how the hell is he going to convince anybody he can run this big old city? roflmao.

Amelia

Post Number: 319
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Q: You mean our REAL detroiters [kilpatrick supporters] with their black faces are scaring the "wittle bitty" burbies with fish signs?

Quinn

Post Number: 168
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

!! That's a bit tawdry on your part. Your black/white/latino supporters are mean and scary looking how's that? They are scary and mean to our black/white/latino supporters. Nice move making this about race Amelia.

In an addition to my post above, there have never been any change in plans that I know of regarding Sharon/Benny events due to Kilpatrick intimidation. Not that his people (oh god amelia I must be talking black folk) aren't always there being pests, but we are not going to change anything because of what they say or do.

Amelia, you know you want a fish sign. Admit it.

Quinn

Post Number: 169
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia: "'wittle bitty' burbies with fish signs"

BTW...all of the people who listened to Sharon at the Aquarium WHO I TALKED TO (maybe 25) were long time residents of the city. Oh, and White Amelia. So you respect them, and call them "wittle bitty" detroiters.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1263
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia, looks like lack of comprehension runs throughout the Kilpatrick Administration. How do east side DETROITERS suddenly have anything to do with the Friends of the Belle Isle Aquarium? More city/suburban, black/white, "REAL Detroiters" negative tactics.

"Nice" that you consider Detroit small businesses (bars/clubs) "a bunch of losers". That type of sentiment will surely aid in business development and jobs. Was that "27 people" number made up just like the "$171m deficit that you were handed"? Speaking of not being able to figure things out...how's that "we can't have a summer youth employment program because there's 14% unemployment" argument going over with residents, especially young people?

By the way, "continually blaming" someone else, is the official policy of the Kilpatrick Administration.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 236
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro - So which is it eastside, westside, northside, southside? You can't seem to get your facts and directions straight? On the McPhail campaign we have Kilpatrick folks show up all the time - I will disagree with Quinn they are not overly scary (in fact a few have been hinting for jobs with McPhail when it is all over). They are in a rough spot. They see their candidate who they love for their reasons like we do our candidates and they can see the writing on the wall KILPATRICK OUT IN 2005. They all know that it is going to be a race between McPhail and Kilpatrick. IF Freman is getting any type of threat from KKs folks he probably deserves it. I hear that he has been warned many times by the city to stop sending out emails to city employees.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 237
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia - I may not agree with your politics but I do respect your comments as you are obviously somewhat informed. I really hope that we can drop the race issues here. So what if the aquarium had 90% of the folks there were white. The bottomline is they were almost ALL Detroiters that love and respect this city and that is important. Take politics out of it and that is all that matters. Thanks

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1264
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit" once again another false post on your part. All facts and directions were clearly explained. Why not discuss facts instead of distortions, false accusations, made up numbers, name-calling, etc.?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 239
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro - I have never known anyone to talk in circles as much as you do. Quinn nailed you and it was funny as hell! Admin it! Don't take it so serious.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1266
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit" you're the only one talking in circles. You're the only one that has mentioned multiple directions (eastside, westside, northside, southside). You're the only one with numbers (25%...60%...etc) that are so far off. But you're not the only one that continually post false/inaccurate information. And you're not the only one that gets continually "nailed" for making such false accusations.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 241
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wait Metro is was an east sider event hosted at a west side location because KKs people were being mean to us so we could not have it downtown (southside) so we had to move it to a westside location! OK so I mentioned northside and you had not gone there yet! Well you probably are from the northside (Oakland Co). Get a grip Metro.

Amelia

Post Number: 321
Posted From: 4.229.120.233
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

iluvdet: Of course, we all know politics is a contact sport. Yes, I do push back when I see/hear "racial codespeak". And if you notice, will only play that card if its in the hand I've been dealt. Don't have to tell me who the "fish people" are. I waved to "a friend" who was protesting in front of the CAY at noon yesterday.:-) Yes, a WHITE DETROITER! So, don't let the Kilpatrick supporters who show up for your events fool ya'. They ain't looking for a job! Like I said before this is business, it ain't personal. We're in it to win it!!

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1267
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Well you probably are from the northside (Oakland Co). Get a grip Metro."

Per your MO "Ilovedetroit", when you don't like the facts, MAKE UP your own. Is this another McPhail campaign tactic, divide Detroiters based on which side of town you're from?

Brian

Post Number: 2516
Posted From: 67.37.84.197
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If KK' folks are intimidating Helmut's people and succeeding, then that is more dificulties for Helmut's campaign. This is politics. Folks gotta pick who they are going to support. If they are deciding between KK or Helmut and KK puts on the pressure and makes they kick Helmut to the curb, oh well. Looks like Helmut just might get out of the race.

Unless you believe the folks who say "I really support you but I just gott keep it under wraps. I'll vote for you in august just don't tell anyone." Is this the basis of Helmut's polls or his gauge of support.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1273
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 1:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, another misrepresentation on your part. The reports of intimidation that I've heard about (and spoken of in reference to this thread) are of business owners and city workers. This type of negative publicity as well as the sheer tactic of bullying business owners (hosting campaign events, displaying signs, donations, etc) and telling city workers who they can/can't work for on their own time will surely back-fire on the Kilpatrick campaign. Those types of tactics are beyond politics. Unfortunately, it seems that SOME McPhail supporters (such as yourself) are counting on one of the other candidates to drop out in order for your campaign to succeed, and if that is your hope, then good luck with that strategy, along with the negative tactics.

Brian

Post Number: 2520
Posted From: 67.37.84.197
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 2:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MD, the intimidation by the Archer administration worked the same way.

So US McPhail supporters want other candidates to drop out of the race for mayor.

BUT do you imply that Helmut does not want any candidate to drop out of the race? Does Helmut want more candidates in the race for mayor? With three possible candidates, one will lose in August. If there were only two candidates then they both would go through November.

Is this the strategy of Helmut's campaign? Encourge all of his opponents to remain in the race and fight like mad to win?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 253
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian - You are assuming that Helmut even had a strategy? I don't think he does. He still does not have a tax plan nor does he even talk about it on his 100,000 mostly plagiarized essay. He has absolutely NO credibility on education (refrom board manager will kill him), and he has no strong experience on crime (Benny Napoleon did that under Archer)! Those are the main things that Detroiters want OTHER THAN city services, and while he was DM and chief of staff he did nothing with that either. He spent all his time doing pretty things downtown to make suburbanites feel safe and glad to come to Detroit - not that it was all bad. But he has never done anything for the people who live in the neighborhoods - no one knows who he is or cares - they hear reform board and wrinkle up their noses. HIS supporters include Mildred (I live in the suburbs) Gaddis, a lame excuse for a PR/radio personality, sububurbanites, and a few folks (mostly republicans would be my guess from the ones I know supporting him) who get all excited because he worked for Archer!!!!

The ONLY real candidates in this race are McPhail and Kilpatrick. Hendrix is running on the coat tails of Archer. THE NUMBER ONE REASON people like Hendrix is "oh he worked for Archer" ... if that all this guy has going for him he is in trouble. Got news for you Freman Archer ain't all that popular with a lot of folks who live and vote in Detroit. Go back to the private sector I am sure some suburbanite will hire you because you worked for Archer!