Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » ::::::Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread - 1 » This Domain is for Sale: KwameKilpatrick.com $1,288.00 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 1049
Posted From: 66.167.59.244
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 4:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the election were decided today by 'net-savviness' [and, duh, I ~know~ it isn't] Sharon McPhail would win in a landslide.

Somehow I got on her email list, not by request but it's okay. The email flows in daily in a consise well produced format that lets me know what is going on, where she will be, etc. Her website navigates easily, is up to date and has a light and friendly feel to it. She is effectively using the web as a political weapon.

So I did a little web digging around to see the others were up to and I find, in my unofficial cyber survey, FH is in second and KK a distant third.

FH's is improving but is a bit stiff and the latest information is from Mar. 17. It is still a bit of a 'website because somebody said I gotta have a website' website - a brochure site.

KK, however, is invisible.

First I tried typing in their names www.FremanHendrix.com, www.SharonMcPhail.com, and www.KwameKilpatrick.com. The first two lead directly to their websites, the third to the title of this thread. Ooo didn't secure his own name. Ouch.

In fact, googling KK leads to the rather dry official city site which teeters on the edge of legality as a campaign promo. I have yet to find an election/reelection website for him. Very poor visibility if ~I~ can't find it. Does one even exist or is he going to count on the city site as his internet presence? Amelia, you better grab him by the cuffs on that one.

s

Amelia
Username: Amelia

Post Number: 295
Posted From: 4.229.126.229
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell: Slow down, and don't take the lead from Sparkle. KILPATRICK HAS NO CAMPAIGN WEBSITE, NO CAMPAIGN OFFICE, NO CAMPAIGN LITERATURE, NO CAMPAIGN!!! The mayor is preparing a budget, restructuring city government, making himself available to press, citizens; getting ready to CLEAN UP your streets, parks and alleys; and, and fending off a takeover from L.BROOKS PATTERSON. And you want a campaign website? There is no need for me to pull him aside for anything unless the 11th floor catches on fire!

Amelia

Post Number: 296
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW: Howard Dean won the e-battle and lost the war! Yeah, I already pulled somebody aside. I don't want to take you to who got computers and who don't in this city. We went there last November and I was on the front line. You know, in the streets actually talking face to face with old ladies who can't find DETROITYES. Will be there again.

Amelia

Post Number: 297
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Something to do while you wait ....Kwame Kilpatrick for Mayor

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 150
Posted From: 68.42.170.20
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia that is what Campaign Managers are for. I'm sure Freman and Sharon/Benny don't actually put together their sites. GEESH!

He's got $5million but can't get his presence on the web? That sucks.

Oh, and Amelia, coming from one Deanieitte...Dean was ruined by the Democratic party because they were scared he couldn't win over Bush (the Clinton's in particular and DNC who were pissed he didin't go through normal channels to raise his cash). His use of the web was brilliant, and he raised tons of money. Both Helut head and Sharon are raising money on the web, I'm sure, right now.

Kwame seems complacent with his money.

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's an interesting website Amelia. Am I correct to guess that site is rough draft because it still comes in a very distant third, very rough, very minimal. It looks like a fan site.

The donation form requesting credit card numbers is on a unsecured page [no little yellow padlock in lower right]. One could easily assume this to be 'phishing' site, an illegal site made to look legal for the purpose of harvesting secure information.

I noticed an address of mayor@KwameKilpatrick.com and that the greeting is ‘Welcome to KwameKilpatrick.com’. That is interesting as the domain name is still owned by Buy Domains USA. Does this mean they are planning to pony up the $1288 and buy it. Like I say you need to grab somebody by the cuffs before an opponent or speculator grabs it and holds it for ransom.

You can go ahead and take me down the path of 'who got computers and who don't', because I will guarantee you right now that a large and significant part of the electorate does and that segment will be voting in far higher percentages than those who don't. This is campaign demographics 101. That sector will also have the money to donate to the campaign. Fund raising from outside the C of D electorate will be greatly enhanced as well. [Nobody likes to talk about that but they will all take it and micro-donations like that won't come up on the radar.]

You shouldn't be too hasty in dismissing the Dean Campaign because they lost. Skillful use of the internet [Joe Trippe gets the credit for leading that] turned Dean from a hopeless unknown to a serious contender through masses of small donations and volunteer organized grass root meet-ups.

Internet donations also leveled the field in the Kerry-Bush contest allowing the former to match the Bush's corporate millions.

There is another feature to consider. Net-saviness also gives the candidate the appearance of info age competent-ness. How can one talk about responding to change and the future of business etc. when their own campaign communications are in the print age, will be asked.

Amelia

Post Number: 300
Posted From: 4.229.72.160
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Q: Stay awake and keep up. I said, Kilpatrick has NO CAMPAIGN!! NADA! Which means he has NO CAMPAIGN MANAGER!! You should worry about your own campaign and reaching real voters instead of ducks and fish!

Amelia

Post Number: 301
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell: You are to assume it's the OLD campaign. You know, the one he won. He didn't come in a distant second as I recall.

Amelia

Post Number: 302
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To all who don't understand a damn thing about campaigning in Dee-Troit HOLLA! witcha dolla!!

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1058
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The original message was received at Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:27:05 -0500 (EST) from maynard.mail.mindspring.net [207.69.200.243]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <mayor@kwamekilpatrick.com>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
550 5.1.2 <mayor@kwamekilpatrick.com>... Host unknown (Name server: dev.null.: host not found)

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 153
Posted From: 68.42.170.20
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia...what are you saying? I think you are doing your cause a great disservice.

Histeric
Username: Histeric

Post Number: 295
Posted From: 68.42.78.254
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Although I respectfully disagree with his choice for mayor

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 229
Posted From: 69.246.4.46
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Histeric...I don't know who you are supporing but if you are not supporting Bin's candidate you are OK by me!

Bindetroit
Username: Bindetroit

Post Number: 836
Posted From: 69.246.117.31
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I welcome anyone to respectfully disagree (emphasis on "respectfully").

The lack of civility around here of late is disheartening.

Histeric
Username: Histeric

Post Number: 299
Posted From: 68.42.78.254
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 1:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amen!