Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » ::::::Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread - 1 » Regional Chamber to Support Kwame Kilpatrick « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 2540
Posted From: 63.69.106.5
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is an unofficial rumor. But from a reliable source. It seems they feel Kwame has the best chance of making it too November. Also it seems they will not endorse Sharon McPhail.

Not a surprise but most likely a disapointment for the Hendrix campaign. His name recognition has not gained much since December/January.

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 953
Posted From: 69.220.224.234
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is a damn shame. However not too surprising.

ABK!

Bindetroit
Username: Bindetroit

Post Number: 866
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"This is an unofficial rumor."

After checking the official "Brian-English/English-Brian Dictionary" and running this through the internet translator babblefish:
"This is complete bullshit. I made this up."

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 279
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think anyone with sense (non Freman supporter) knows that he is not going to make it to the primary unless KK really does something totally bad between now and then. Which I doubt since he has an entire group of new PR folks that he just hired - although they did not do much for his state of the city speech. Even my doctor friends says that fellow docs at this hospital are talking trash on Freman. He doesn't get it - You need a plan and you need to quit hanging around all the same folks that no ones like. Archer was/is not all that popular with ALOT of people who are voters in this city! He did his thing and we don't want him back.

Bindetroit

Post Number: 870
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Even my doctor friends says that fellow docs at this hospital are talking trash on Freman."

After checking the official "ild-English/English-ild Dictionary" and running this through the internet translator babblefish:

"This is complete bullshit. I made this up."

Jmy8
Username: Jmy8

Post Number: 2192
Posted From: 12.75.30.46
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Before they were loaded up for the trip to California, I had a chance to chat with Wanda and Winky and, you know, even they aren't all that impressed with Hendrix.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 283
Posted From: 69.246.4.46
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jmy8 - You are a funny guy! Poor Wanda and Winky they got kind of lost in the aquarium business. Too bad they could not have stayed - I say turn them loose at the Manoog.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 199
Posted From: 68.250.203.31
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you even a member of the chamber, Brian?

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 1471
Posted From: 69.212.122.100
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

This is an unofficial rumor.

So the rest of the BS I've read, on rare visits, to this Superthread is OFFICIAL RUMOUR?

Thank some Supreme Being, Lowell has the intelligence to give you flacks your own little playground, rather than bother the rest of us.

Brian

Post Number: 2543
Posted From: 68.73.32.224
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sorry, Unofficial rumor means limmited circulation but circulating where it won't get back to me. As opposed to a rumor like the party at the manoogian.

The Chambers spring conference is approaching. I'll bet there is no endorsement until after the primary. But many things will occur behind the scenes. Just like the gov's race. But if you recall how Kwame gained support in his run against Gil Hill, it was the Chamber who backed him from the beginning. BEFORE they made any sort of annoucement.

I personally believe that their endorsement will fall just like their support of Prop E. It might be why they won't announce their support up front or make it very public.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1283
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, funny that your "information from the Chamber" is the exact opposite of what I heard several weeks ago.

Bindetroit

Post Number: 877
Posted From: 69.246.117.31
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny that Brian's bullshit doesn't stand up to further thought much less further inquiry? No, not really. Surprising? No, not really. Consistent is more like it. Consider the source.

Brian

Post Number: 2544
Posted From: 68.73.32.224
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 1:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If its not what you heard, and you don't believe it why are you so quick to denounce the rumor?

If what you say is true then you could have waited until the chamber made their pick public and proved my rumor wrong.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1284
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, again you aren't making any sense. How does waiting until a pick is publicly announced and then saying "I told you so" prove anything? Countering your claim now is the prudent response.

Bindetroit

Post Number: 880
Posted From: 69.246.117.31
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any post by Brian can be assumed to be fabrications. The only issue is what is his motivation: ignorance, malice, or both.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 1850
Posted From: 141.217.174.234
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Regional Chamber have made a terrible mistake of they voted for " HIP HOP KILLpatrick.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 584
Posted From: 68.255.244.9
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian's rumour that the Chamber is supporting Big Diamond seems much more credible now that we know that the allowed the Kilpatrick camp to draft the questions for their debate.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 348
Posted From: 64.139.64.80
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe they are being held hostage? I wouldn't put some sort of bribery / extortion on Kwame's behalf to get support. He is a thug remember.

Note to Dick Blouse: We understand you might be held hostage and cannot communicate directly (or be seen communicating directly) with law enforcement. When the plain clothed police officer comes to your door (disguised as the Orkin Man), wink three times with your left eye to let us know if we are correct in assuming you are indeed being held hostage.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 589
Posted From: 68.255.237.28
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn:
You might be onto something here. Remember all of those credit card charges with no documentation?

Perhaps that was when Big Diamond took Dick Blouse out, got him rip-roaring drunk and got some compromising photos of him.

And think, if Big Diamond does this a few hundred more times, he might actually have enough dirt on enough people to get himself past the primary.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 2253
Posted From: 141.217.173.166
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Regional Chamber are "CLOWNS" if they ever endorse KING KWAME!

Brian

Post Number: 2814
Posted From: 67.37.83.81
Posted on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 1:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did the Chamber ever endorse Kwame for mayor? They did endorse Archer for mayor.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 889
Posted From: 69.212.36.97
Posted on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, if there ever was a time to confirm that you write "unsubstantiated" BS, this is the time. Not able to find anything newsworthy in order to bad-mouth Freman Hendrix, you resort to reporting of a rumor from a supposedly reliable source. Where does this realiable source come from, the Chamber of Commerce itself?

If there ever was a time that proves that you are not to be taken seriously, this is the time. You castrated yourself with this thread, plain and simple.

Brian, good luck in fantasy land. I know you're already there. I've known for a long time that you've been there. This thread just confirms it for me, 100%.

Brian

Post Number: 2824
Posted From: 68.73.32.154
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royce, you are two months late. But there are the recent allegations of kwame cheating at the chambers event. That seems like helping a candidate to me.

Shave
Username: Shave

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 24.99.111.241
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Despite the promises put forth to Detroit’s voting constituents, there is not a single Mayoral candidate that can soundly and responsibly heal Detroit's fiscal and social woes (at least not in a short 4-year term). The only reasonable expectation from whomever is elected in November would be to exercise fiscal restraint and possess strong resource management skills. Crime is virtually impossible to reduce (at this time) due to the political and economic climate in Detroit, the surrounding suburbs, the entire state of Michigan, and the Midwestern region. Additionally, it is very irresponsible for anyone to expect a person at the helm of local government to control the deviant behavior of individuals who have placed themselves on the abyss of modern civilization. Perhaps the post of City Manager could be created to ensure funds are not misappropriated as well as for oversight and accountability of city departments. As for crime, it’s almost in line with the “chicken and the egg” test: In order to bring jobs and other opportunities to Detroit, do you curb crime first? Or, will crime become less of a threat to Detroit’s survival once jobs and other opportunities are available? Talk about a “catch-22" situation.

Brian

Post Number: 2839
Posted From: 67.37.83.244
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You contradict yourself in your own post shave, try breaking up them issues.

Why do some burbs have low to 'no' crime? If its impossible to stop? Is it because they have less than 3,000 people?

Shave

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think that you quite understand the point that I'm making. My point was to simply state that Detroit, its suburbs, the state etc. are facing many difficulties and challenges. One would entail not having a cohesive governing body working on behalf of all of the citizens. Whomever is fortunate to be voted into the Mayoral position in Detroit faces a grave challenge of managing the city's dwindling finances in the midst of even greater social ills (rising crime, unemployment, and state revenue matching, etc.). The mayoral candidates should not focus on empty promises and grand ideas that are just that--empty promises and grand ideas. Nothing can be accomplished in Detroit unless Detroit's accounting practices and finances are properly and responsibly handled. Vision is great--leadership is what's needed at this moment. Hopefully, I have clarified any points that has caused you confusion.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 7531
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 2:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Brian, if there ever was a time to confirm that you write "unsubstantiated" BS, this is the time."

Royce,

It took you this long? LOL

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3066
Posted From: 68.73.53.134
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shave: What school did you attend?? Although some of your points regarding the City's non-partisan election this year are valid contentions for argument; methinks you should have began learning in American History (2nd grade) that no government ever in this kkkountry EVER had "a cohesive governing body working on behalf of all of the citizens." So you expect that to occur now?? Mayhaps you've forgotten who taught this schitt and how well the students learned it!!

Black-atcha .....

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 321
Posted From: 150.198.150.244
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Assputin, why is it when forumers deal with actual facts and live in the real world they are "white supremacist". Coming form a clueless racist that has watch Mel Gibson Conspiracy Theory one to many times, I guess I can live with that. But it is nice to see that they have computers at the senior center.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 7538
Posted From: 64.118.137.228
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh boy, Ras bustin' out the mebonics again.

Shave

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is challenging for governments (local, state, federal, and international) to work cooperatively. Ras, I won't dismiss all of the points that you have made--there are no perfect forms of governance. However, there are municipalities around the United States that have a higher level of cooperativeness than Detroit thus enabling their greater metropolitan areas to thrive socially and economically.

Brian

Post Number: 2842
Posted From: 68.73.32.195
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It seems they feel Kwame has the best chance of making it too November. Also it seems they will not endorse Sharon McPhail.

Not a surprise but most likely a disapointment for the Hendrix campaign. His name recognition has not gained much since December/January.

Not so much a rumor anymore. The Hendrix folks are MAD and upset. They better purchase more tissue to catch their tears. The Hendrix camp was just angry up in Mackinaw. But they have little to offer the Chamber.

Go figure BD.
MD, what did you hear? Is it the same as Hendrix' ex-boss not supporting him for mayor?

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1536
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 3:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, I heard the McPhail people were an angry bunch at Mackinac because..."the horses were tired" and that's why McPhail was late...or..."McPhail was told the wrong time" and that's why she was late...or..."McPhail had another meeting" and that's why she was late...or..."It wasn't her type of crowd" and that's why she was late...etc.

Brian

Post Number: 2846
Posted From: 67.37.84.40
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MD, Tell G. Bowens to stop picking fights. It was caught on tape. Ha Ha Ha.

But I do feel sorry for you about the Chamber. You guys thought you had it locked up.
Ha Ha Ha.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1542
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 3:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, are you once again recanting a false claim that you previously made? (Recall your previous false claims about Hendrix's daughter as well as your claim about me and some kind of transcript...both of which you eventually recanted...but started using again).

Either "Pasky helped Hendrix cheat" (as you originally claimed) or "Hendrix ex-boss is not supporting him for mayor" (as I heard and reported on here...and you are now all over it). You can't have it both ways, it's either one or the other. Choose one and stick with it.

Brian

Post Number: 2850
Posted From: 68.73.32.94
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The circumstantial evidence pointed to both KK and FH as having cheated at the debate. Clearly showing that Sharon McPhail did not cheat. But you claim that Pasky supports KK. OK, if you say so. But that begs the question of why? Which I addressed above.

That question is making its way throughout the community. Now the rumors that were floating around concerning Hendrix and his employment at SSS are being believed. I have no idea if they are true, but folks are telling me them from various places. It also points to why the Chamber is not supporting your candidate.

Shave

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I made this point on another thread:

"..will there be a Mayoral candidate who will live in their OWN home, drive their OWN vehicle, RESPONSIBLY use the city-issued credit card (or even do away with it altogether), bring their INCOME down to an acceptable porportion to the population represented within the city, and place officers back on the STREETS of DETROIT rather than in a huge security detail, and use discretion in their personal and public lives?"

This will be a good starting point in placing the city's finances back on solid ground. The city's resources are so very limited. Any monies collected needs to be reinvested back into the community. The present Mayor has taken so much money out of the city's coffer and placed it in other city's coffers. How many Mayor's from the cities where he has spent thousands have dropped the same amount of cash in the city of Detroit?

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1546
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 7:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once again Brian, a contention of yours cannot be supported by honesty, fact, common sense, nor rational thinking. Two completely opposite allegations cannot both be right. "Circumstantial evidence" only points to Kilpatrick. Looking to add Hendrix to the mix is dishonest, not supported by any facts, common sense, nor any kind of rational reasoning.

By the way, you ask why Pasky might support Kilpatrick? Common sense as well as business sense tells one that if 1/6th (or so) of your company's business comes from a particular source (the city), that you would tend to (publicly) support the incumbent (Kilpatrick). Nothing personal there (at least on the surface).

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 523
Posted From: 150.198.150.244
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.freep.com/money/bus iness/walsh26e_20050726.htm

I guess another unoffical rumor that was wrong.

Brian

Post Number: 2993
Posted From: 67.37.83.33
Posted on Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is official a week before the primary.

I guess those guys were sitting on their hands not donating money and not talking to anyone in the preceeding year.

But it also looks like their are doing a CYA.