Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » ::::::Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread - 1 » How does your candidate feel about relations with our neighbors? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 1516
Posted From: 68.79.113.244
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does your candidate feel Detroit is in a vacuum or in a region? What do they propose in dealings with State and Federal relationships?

Amelia
Username: Amelia

Post Number: 501
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mayor Kilpatrick has proposed regional relationships in his recent budget proposal and is working toward equitable relationships in our cultural institutions and transportation system [DARTA}. However, political history is not on his side.

Bindetroit
Username: Bindetroit

Post Number: 966
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sharon McPhail (Mae Snead) is tight with Ecorse (having worked for them full-time as their attorney for 2 years while bellying up to the Detroit City Council trough) and Southfield (having snuck her kid into their schools for years).

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1326
Posted From: 205.188.117.8
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia, you're overlooking Mr. Kilpatrick's suburban bashing during his squabbles with L. Brooks Patterson, Richard Bernstein, etc. His mouth and unprofessionalism are not on his side.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 772
Posted From: 69.212.57.221
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As long as the relations are consentual, I'm sure my candidate does not have a problem having relations with our neighbors.:-)

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 319
Posted From: 69.246.4.46
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McPhail stated last night that the prescription drug program for poor seniors (8.00 a month for under a 19k income on a drug) that she is rolling out now as a city councilwoman was an idea given to her by Brooks Patterson for the people of Detroit ( he helped her and her team with this plan which they have in Oakland Co). She stated that even though she might not endorse all his personal policies she does beleive in cooperative leadership and that we have to all work together for the common good of Detroit. She stated that Detroit is the front porch of Michigan and if Michigan is going to get better we need to clean up that porch so folks will come into the house.

She also stated that she is working with Al Taubman to convince him to put a shopping mall (higher end outlet) in Detroit. Those are two instances of suburban outreach.

Amelia

Post Number: 506
Posted From: 4.229.120.128
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a good idea of how each candidate/team would handle a debate. I give the McPhail supporter [Ilovedetroit] respect for responding to the question with something of substance. On the other hand, do you see what MetroD has to work with? Nothing on behalf of Hendrix, just reach back and find some warmed over spit to throw at the opposition. Like I said, some lazy ass folks with an empty suit for a candidate.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1332
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And this is an example of how Kilpatrick's people handle business. Blaming everyone and everything else but themselves. Downplaying, ignoring, lying, changing the subject, and misrepresenting. Nothing on behalf of the Kilpatrick administration/campaign.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 336
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amelia - Don't bother with Metro...if Freman was found to be a corrupt person who hid crimes or took bribes and there were pics to prove it - he would still support him. EVEN if there was proof that KK had a cure for cancer or that McPhail was the Virgin Mary reborn he would still hate them! He is a lost cause due to anger!

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1334
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Kilpatrick was found to be corrupt (petty cash thefts, Navigator, Harley Davidson, nepotism, etc) Amelia would still support him.

If McPhail was shown to have erratic behavior and made proposals without substance, "Ilovedetroit"/Quinn would still support her.

If certain forumers were found to be phony McPhail cronies...oh wait all of those things have already happend!

Amelia

Post Number: 519
Posted From: 4.229.12.105
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hendrix is in more trouble than I thought. The extent of his brilliant campaign is putting out lawn signs in April! Is this the Hendrix message? Question: Can a lawn sign hold the Hendrix plan to bring back the city? Answer: Yes, and with space left over.

Amelia

Post Number: 520
Posted From: 4.229.12.105
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OOps, the westside wrecking crew took care of them already! My girl!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 338
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh please, Amelia Henrix has that one guy with cabbage ears who wears his Hendrix shirt ALL over town and on TV as the only person who has a sign in the yard! Other than him their are a few folks who are still unemployed from the Archer administration who are eagerly awaiting a job under their favorite political hack Mr Lewis-Hendrix.

Jams

Post Number: 1525
Posted From: 68.79.103.144
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 2:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please stick to the issues. I started these various threads because the bickering irritated me.

I don't find name-calling or childish behavior causing me or probably many others to come to support your candidates.

Wcpo_intern
Username: Wcpo_intern

Post Number: 1502
Posted From: 68.60.140.71
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 2:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams, good job starting off these threads and picking issues people care about.

IloveDetroit, good job presenting information on your candidate. While I can't agree with everything you say, I can at least respect a well supported opinion.

Jams

Post Number: 1527
Posted From: 68.79.103.144
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 2:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Intern,
I hope others follow and ask other questions that they have concerns about.

Track75
Username: Track75

Post Number: 1630
Posted From: 12.75.21.149
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 3:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Attaboy, Jams.

I'm reading your threads hoping to get some good info minus all the crap. 90% of this superthread could be flushed.

The most lucid and informative posts (and posters) will gain my respect.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 340
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams/WCPO- Thanks for the thoughts...and I will try to contain that red devil on my shoulder that sometimes jumps up and down! haha

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 2645
Posted From: 67.37.83.87
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lawn signs in April!

Brilliant!!!

And in late August those signs can be used for pooper scoopers!

Brilliant!!!

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 2646
Posted From: 67.37.83.87
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As for relationships with our neighbors, since I am married, the bible is specifically against it. I am sure all candidates would agree.

As for any State and Federal relationships, it sounds too much like what goes on in prison and I am specifically against it.

quote:

Does your candidate feel Detroit is in a vacuum or in a region?

I don't understand your positions jams, but maybe thats where your moniker comes in handy. I don't know how my candidate would respond to that question but I definately prefer a region to a vacuum. Sounds like you have more room and perhaps more options with a region.

Morena
Username: Morena

Post Number: 223
Posted From: 68.42.173.147
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 2:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I strongly believe Mayor Kilpatrick will demonstrate his political savvy with our good friends from the surrounding suburbs and throughout the State of Michigan as the campaign gets underway.

Remember, this is a guy who found ways to work with elected republican farmers in the Legislature and they loved him.

No premanent friends or permanent enemies - just permanent interests. Say goodnight Sharon and Freman.

Jams

Post Number: 1531
Posted From: 68.249.240.97
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, that is my point with my questions, I'm not expressing MY positions. I feel we the citizens and voters deserve to know what the candidates have to offer for various issues.

I'm only stepping in on these threads to answer questions directed towards me or to remind people to be civil.

I'm hoping the various supporters dig a little deeper to convince "Undecided's" like me to favour their candidate, with facts and answers.

Morena
Username: Morena

Post Number: 234
Posted From: 68.42.173.147
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams:

I think your questions are good and provide supporters of the Mayor and his challengers an opportunity to share what they know (or think they know). I for one look forward to sharing what I learn about the Mayor's plans for the next 4 years.

Keep them coming and ignore Brian who continues underestimating the intelligence of Detroit voters.

Jams

Post Number: 1837
Posted From: 69.212.26.188
Posted on Friday, July 08, 2005 - 4:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Third try.