Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » ::::::Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread - 1 » Interview with Hansen Clarke « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Craggy
Username: Craggy

Post Number: 175
Posted From: 141.217.119.177
Posted on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 7:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just an FYI...

WDET will air an interview with Mayoral Candidate Hansen Clarke on Tuesday morning at 6:30 and 8:30. The interview will follow the same format as those previously done with Sharon McPhail and Freeman Hendrix. It will also be posted on the website for those that can't catch it on Tuesday.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 1969
Posted From: 141.217.173.176
Posted on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"KING KWAME'S PRINCE IS DECLARING WAR AGAINST HIS CORRUPTION" good headline.

Wcpo_intern
Username: Wcpo_intern

Post Number: 1550
Posted From: 68.60.140.71
Posted on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does this mean he's officially going to be on the ballot?

Craggy
Username: Craggy

Post Number: 176
Posted From: 68.41.75.125
Posted on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scratch my earlier post...look for the interview to run later in the week, probably Thursday and Friday morning.

Sharkskin
Username: Sharkskin

Post Number: 172
Posted From: 66.178.227.202
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard that interview with Clarke Hansen on WDET's Web site. He sounded earnest enough, but maybe a little naïve as well. Any thoughts?

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 331
Posted From: 64.139.64.80
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had the same reaction. Very earnest and sincere, but kinda shakey and naive. I've also listened to him at a Mayoral Forum on the west side last month. Seriously, people were giggling at his mannerisms and spaking style. He would jump out of his chair, hand on hip, and blast away.

Also have to say this...he is very good looking. Wins hands down for best looking male candidate.

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 3618
Posted From: 68.43.31.87
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And his mannerisms count as to how good of a Mayor he would be?

It's like everything that isn't an issue in this campaign gets put ahead of the real problems facing the city. Freman's wife works for Ilitch. Freman leased a Caddy. Hansen Clarke puts his hand on his hip when he talks.

When do we get to talk about what's coming out of these people's mouths?

Quinn

Post Number: 335
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you have anything relevant to say here the_aram or are we going to have to listen to another lecture...

Anything about Hansen? Did you listen to wdet? Have you seen him in any other format?

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 3620
Posted From: 68.43.31.87
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quinn, we wouldn't have to lecture if folks would start talking about the real issues.

Jams started a stack of threads asking real and pertinent questions about issues at the core of this year's election. And for the most part, he got flat out ignored, and in fact got a lot of flack from you and others for having the nerve to look beyond hero worship and cults of personality and try to find out what the canddiates actually stand for. That's what's so sad about this for me- No one has answers. Everyone has a witty anti-candidate website to link to, everyone has a stupid Photoshop graphic to attach, everyone has accusations and conspiracy theories and ad hominem attacks, but no one has answers to even the simplist of questions about platforms and viewpoints and plans from the campaigns. It's sad. I find it hard to support any of the candidates for this reason- none can reasonably articulate just what exactly they have in mind.

Quinn

Post Number: 336
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh forget it. Craggy looks like another thread hijacked.

I'll start posting "photoshop" graphics when I get a moment. So much for my moment of sanity here on DetroitYes.