Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » ::::::Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread - 1 » Real Life Impressions of Candidate Supporters « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1493
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What are your real-life impressions/experiences with supporters of the various mayoral candidates? I'm not talking about people you meet at your particular candidate's functions, rather, everyday encounters with city residents (or non-residents) when their affiliation comes out (through conversation, seen wearing hats/buttons/etc)?

Kilpatrick: I finally met someone that has actually admitted to supporting KK. Two people as a matter of fact. One was a professional/business woman, advanced degree, smart, pretty nice person...however it turns out that she is an appointee. Second, an old school, pimpstyle-type of guy (think middle aged trying to act a lot younger), thought that he was a lot smarter than he actually was (think trying to use big words in the wrong context).

McPhail: I've only met one person that said she was supporting McPhail. She was very interested in the city, fairly hard-core women's rights type, not sure if she was a city resident or suburbanite, decently nice but seemed overly serious, also somewhat sarcastic.

Hendrix: A wide range. A ton of seniors, educated, professionals, family/parent types. A good number of young people (although there seems to be cross-over in that category with educated/professional).

Undecideds: Somewhat surprisingly, I've encountered a good number of people that really don't care and don't particularly vote with any regularity.

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3050
Posted From: 68.73.53.134
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you being IGNORED??? It's the same on other threads too!!

ROFLMBAO-atcha .....
smiley

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 368
Posted From: 64.139.64.80
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kilpatrick: I've met one and it was while canvassing for Sharon. He said "Kilpatrick is my boy." He seemed very genuine and sincere about it. Older man, retired, and a supporter last time. He also said he was a supporter of Bernard's and a freind of the kilpatrick family.

McPhail: Very wide ranging support. Off the top of my head, and aside from volunteers, i've meet retired people, all races including non-english- speaking Indians nodding heads, gay people, school reform board fighters, professionals (attorneys, etc.)... Alot

Hendrix: Only one person so far while cnavassing...and they though his name was Henderson. There are 6 friends and neighbors who are supporting him though. They are republican and that fits I guess, also important to note they hate McPhail and are voting for anyone but kilpatrick and mcphail.

Few thoughts...the Kilptrick guy said he'd vote for Sharon if Kwame didn't get in...and the person for Henderson changed her mind toot sweet when I reminded her of School Reform Board.

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 2835
Posted From: 67.37.83.253
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL Rasputin.

MD, will you win over other supporters if you bash them or with your condenscending attitude?
Or is Hendrix so mighty that he does not need any more votes?

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1521
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've seen several Hendrix bumper stickers on cars in the city...a neighborhood block that had 3 houses with Kilpatrick lawn signs (might not be a good sign given the other 21 or so houses didn't have them)...and nothing for McPhail.

Quinn, I can say that, unlike the die-hard McPhail supporters on this site, that one McPhail supporter that I have encountered (previously mentioned) seemed like a lot more reasonable person. She stated that she would support Hendrix if McPhail didn't make it, but was absolutely against Kilpatrick. Again, however, it was unclear if she was a city resident or suburbanite.

Rasputin, once again your response to something only proves the exact opposite point. You are a phony.

Brian, will you use the "they're not REAL DETROITERS" mantra against anyone that doesn't support McPhail (or your other candidate Kilpatrick)?

Rasputin

Post Number: 3056
Posted From: 64.12.116.195
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian & Quinn .... just having some fun over here with a dumb-ass self-acknowledged white-supremacist. Ya kno me just luvvs to fukk wid em!! (lol)

This is an amuzement thread!! Popcorn, crackerjacks, peanuts, hot dogs, cheap beer; anyone????

Black-atcha .....

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 655
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHAHAHA Ras I agree I think Metro is trying to stir up some race debate. So I will add some ingredients to the pot!

HENDRIX IS A BLACK REPUBLICAN (trying to look like a democrat) and those that are attracted to him are either unaware of what he is all about OR are Republicans themselves. As far as race goes it don't matter I know plenty of black, white, asian who are voting for all three.

Brian

Post Number: 2838
Posted From: 67.37.83.244
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And he makes it easy for you to do it Rasputin. Some folks don't know what to write. Maybe the same things come outta his mouth.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1527
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 4:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit", notice that you are the only one that brought up race...again another McPhail/Kilpatrick style low-ball tactic, nice try.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3065
Posted From: 68.73.53.134
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD: "Law of Knowing"

"If you don't understand racism/white supremacy, what it is and how it works; then anything else you think you know will only confuse you"

His schitt has moved wayyyyy beyond politricks!! but it's not unexpected, as Brian mentioned above.

"Law of Undoing"

"The Actions of one generation becomes the history of the next generation and the histories of several generations becomes the traditions/actions of a people."

Black-atcha ..... (quotes from Dr. Wade Nobles)

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1532
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 2:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin commenting on race...imagine that.

Brian

Post Number: 2847
Posted From: 67.37.84.40
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some comments in the Hendrix camp on race have gotten him in trouble in the Black community. Seems some of his supporters in seeking to criticize supporters of other candidates have insulted their own supporters. Not too bright when they accuse others of playing the 'race' card.

But then that term has some folks who wanted to support Hendrix upset. They are wondering why Black folks would mimic some racist actions of white folks just to get elected. (Or in trying to get others elected.)

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1539
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 2:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once again Brian eludes to some kind of conspiracy, with an erroneous claim, yet can't back it up.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1549
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 7:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recently volunteered at a very large city event and there were (somewhat surprisingly) a lot of undecideds (mostly 20 and 30-something women), a lot of seniors, middle aged, and parents of younger children supporting Hendrix, only 3 people supporting Kilpatrick (they seemed pretty uninformed), and one gentleman supporting McPhail.

Also, I was in a Midtown neighborhood over the weekend and saw 2 Kilpatrick lawn signs (yet the rest of the houses in the neighborhood did not have any, probably a bad sign for him).

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 74
Posted From: 12.172.207.3
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I came home on Friday, there was a Freeman Hendrix sign in my yard. My neighbor had one too. I thought my neighbor was playing a trick on me...I was pissed. I went over there and they said a white man was going door to door.

My son was the only one home, so I asked him why that sign was in my yard. He said a man came to the door and asked for me by name and said that I requested the sign. Lies, garbage and trash. The same man went to my neighbors house and asked for his dad by name and said he requested the sign too....all lies!

Anyway, I went out Friday night and when I came home there were no signs on my whole block (we took ours down of course). When I woke up Saturday morning, there were two more signs on other neighbors yards. Okay, one of the houses had just had a fire on Thursday, so that neighbor isn't even living in the house right now. The other sign was in front of a house that is for sale. Needless to say, both signs are gone now!

Is the Freeman campaign that desperate where they are throwing up signs on peoples lawns without permission and in the middle of the night? Too bad, so sad I say!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 683
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHAHA I thought it was just me. There are two empty signs on my street and I have been on vacation for a week - came home and FH signs on my street. Then I realized they were all in front of empty homes. One old lady had a sign in her yard to - but she is deaf and blind - so someone pulled a fast one her.

Bratt

Post Number: 75
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Freman must have alot of money to waste. I just wish I was pulling up when the guy was putting it in my yard..he would have gotten an ear full.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1550
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uh oh "Ilovedetroit", you made another Freudian slip in one of your tales..."empty signs"...nice try once again.

Bratt your story sounds like something straight out of someone's imagination at a campaign headquarters ("for immediate release and distribution"). By the way, if someone could have previously requested a sign and then recently had a fire, it's not like people are psychic and predict what's going to happen.

Bratt

Post Number: 76
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro:

Whatever...it's reality. I don't have to make anything up. Funny how all of the signs were gone right after they were put up....even the one in front of the house that caught on fire.

Rosedaleken
Username: Rosedaleken

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 204.38.171.25
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Went home from my apartment here at school and saw the next door neighbors have a Kwame and a Freman sign... I hope everything's ok over there.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 692
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHAHA .... I have gone canvassing for McPhail and I have actually met two couples:

1. For McPhail (hubby) wife for KK
2. Gay couple one for McPhail one for Hendrix

Hendrix folks are putting up signs in empty homes...drive along Chalmers on the east side 3 Hendrix signs in front of empty homes.

Quinn

Post Number: 379
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was impressed by three hendrix signs on a major corner near me last night.

TWO WERE GONE THIS MORNING. What's up with this?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 695
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hopefully lighter fluid and a match is what happened to those signs. Actually just kidding...as much as I can't stand that empty suit his supporters have a right to express themsleves however they want...we do have freedom of choice in this country!

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1552
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 3:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit", once again your Freudian slips show that you can't keep your stories straight.

"Hendrix folks are putting up signs in empty homes"...Are they breaking in? Are you breaking in (to see that the inside of the homes are empty)? Why would anyone put a sign INSIDE a home? Were you so in a hurry to make up that story and post it that you didn't check yourself (as usual)?

Bratt/"Ilovedetroit"/Quinn, are McPhail and Kilpatrick supporters now reduced to stealing other candidate's campaign signs? Was making up stories and posting them on the internet not working out?

Bratt

Post Number: 78
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro:

Get a clue man, I spoke with my neighbors and the same thing happened to them that happened to me. Signs just appeared on our lawns without our permission! We took them down. Who in the hell has time to go around and steal signs? That was a very dumb statement. Now who is imagining things?

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1562
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...The same people that have time to make up stories about themselves as well as other people/candidates and post them online.

Bratt

Post Number: 79
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't have to make up anything, the truth sucks doesn't it? Anyway, if I was going to make up something, believe me it would have been something else. Actually, I think you are calling me a liar. Hum, since you do not know me, or anything about me, sounds like you are the one making up s***. Must have plenty time on your hands...

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 713
Posted From: 69.246.4.46
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt - He (Metro) is a fool...best to ignore him but he is so outrageous that is fun to just F--K with him!

Bratt

Post Number: 81
Posted From: 69.216.106.57
Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks ILD, I have always been taught to respond intelligently to the unintelligent!

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1570
Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once again for some of the most vocal of McPhail's supporters, when false accusations don't work, you can always go back to the old standby of name calling.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3079
Posted From: 205.188.116.201
Posted on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ROFLMBAO

Black-atcha ..... watching the lil' sissy cry foul. What a wimp!!

Bratt

Post Number: 82
Posted on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro:

Did I ever say who I was voting for? Nope, I don't think I did. I am just putting it out there, what is going on around the city. So don't assume anything.

Brian

Post Number: 2879
Posted From: 67.37.83.219
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MD says that since Hendrix polls shows him beating all contenders they don't need any more votes and in fact have enough to get rid of some they don't like.

Makes it look like what it would be like IF Hendrix was to be King.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1580
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahhhh the "tough" guy Rasputin and his bogus claims of military service..."Congress awarded me the Purple Heart"...ha ha ha! What a phony!

Bratt, the bottom line is that your claims don't add up. There is a waiting list for Hendrix lawn signs, yet you claim that the Hendrix campaign is going around putting them up at abandoned houses, on street corners, and on lawns of people that don't want them. Don't assume that you can just make frivolous claims and not expect to be challenged.

Bratt

Post Number: 83
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MD:

I still have mine and my neighbors, so give me the names of these so called people on the waiting list and they can come and pick them up. I think it is so interesting how people have to become so defensive about their candidate, so defensive that they become downright ugly.

Quinn

Post Number: 391
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McPhail AND Hendrix signs were taken from Seminole Street in Indian Village yesterday. Sounds like a Kilpatrick Tactic.

I drove down the street yesterday after reading this on IV yahoo groups...guess who's sign was still standing? Kilkpatrick....standin' strong!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 734
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of course Metro would know there is a "waiting list" he is PAID STAFF...he is Hendrix's PR guy. So I hear Hendrix is trying to pull a fast on on McPhail Thursday...this should be funny him trying to best her!

Bratt

Post Number: 84
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So that's why he is so defensive about his candidate...I was wondering. So you better not say anything bad about Hendrix or you will ripped a new one, huh? I guess if I was on the payroll I might have to do the same thing. But I really don't think I would like it having to play the defensive roll all of the time. It creates such negative energies.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1663
Posted on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A good amount of campaign signs are popping up on the lawns of homes around the city. From what I've seen, of the mayoral candidates, they're all Hendrix or Kilpatrick, with Hendrix leading about 60-40 (estimated ratio, not actual count). I finally saw 3 McPhail signs, however, one was in the median of Outer Drive, so that one doesn't count. Only 2 signs on lawns is not a good sign (no pun intended).

Brian

Post Number: 2935
Posted From: 68.73.32.184
Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 8:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MD, has that waiting list been filled yet or has hendrix run out of money?

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1667
Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, it seems running out of money explains McPhail's lack of lawn signs, tv/radio commercials, and billboards.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 817
Posted From: 68.40.226.188
Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro - McPhail is not running out of money. During her fundraiser this weekend she picked up some VERY large checks. Don't worry about her running out! And Metro you hardly travel in areas where the McPhail camp is doing well with signs. Besides I hear the Hendrix camp is calling only white people off the voter rolls to see if they want Hendrix signs. Is that his way of saying these are my supporters? And where I live in Woodbridge it is ALL McPhail signs over here.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1672
Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit" the voter rolls don't list race. Nice bogus story once again.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 819
Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Grebner's List which is a voter roll does list race. It is a voting list of likely voters and the Hendrix camp has it as does, McPhail, Clarke, and Kilpatrick. It is a very common list purchased for targeting voters. It also list race, age, sex, phone and address. And this is not a bogus story. I have friends who live in East English Village - I was there for dinner last night. And they were wondering why they were getting called for yard signs (there are alot of Hendrix signs in that area)...the african american guests said they have not been called and they all live in EEV. It was surmised at the dinner party that he was selecting only whites to call. Apparently one of Hendrix's field ops folks lives in EEV and is coordinating the sign drops. Interesting story. One of the ladies said she would call the papers to have it investigated...she thought it was not a good plan to segregate voters by race esp. for sign placement. Of course I am sure that you will have a spin Metro....here is your headsup call Hendrix and tell him to change his strategy.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1677
Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First of all "Ilovedetroit" you lost it with "I have friends" and "I was there". No one believes that. Second, a relative of mine volunteered with the lawn sign dropoffs on the EASTSIDE yesterday and he said they did very well and that all the residents that he interacted with were BLACK, except one elderly White woman. Again, nice try. You can't keep your stories straight.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 825
Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ohhhhh so you had a relative huh? Hmmmm this sounds very fishy indeed! Metro has a relative dropping off signs.

Rosedaleken

Post Number: 17
Posted From: 141.213.129.40
Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro, this thread was doomed to be biased from the beginning, why create it? I know quite a few people I don't like voting for each candidate but who will admit to having the neighborhood crackhead's support for example?? They have votes like everyone else but my point is of course your candidate is going to have 'respectable' people voting, etc.

Also I'd like to see where there are more KK signs than McPhail. My hood obviously has mostly Hendrix signs (50%?) but there are many more McPhail than KK, even when I don't count Mahaffey's sign.

Btw, where was that McPhail sign in the median? I may have seen it on O. Dr...

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1678
Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 2:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RosedaleKen, judging by your name, you're on the westside. The OD that I was referring to is on the eastside (near Ryan Rd./Farwell area). Unless you saw her signs in the median on the westside as well?

Also, you seemed to completely miss the point of the thread. It's not about people you know and don't like, it's about people that you don't know that you encounter in everyday life (non-political events for a given candidate). Also personal observations about signs and other anecdoctal things.

The KK signs I have seen are on the eastside (far and central) as well as westside (Sherwood Forest/Green Acres). As I said, I hadn't seen any SM signs until this weekend (that was on the eastside).

Rosedaleken

Post Number: 19
Posted From: 68.40.42.98
Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think I completely missed the point, but maybe I said the wrong thing. I don't mean to imply it's about people you know, etc... just that as humans we have a tendency to skew observation in our own favor, that's all.

And that wasn't it, I saw a sign in the median on W. Outer Dr. near Rouge Park.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1685
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 3:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The 8 Mile/I-75 bridge median and the Michigan State Fairgrounds sidewalk are now supporting McPhail (by virtue of lawn signs). Good job!

Quinn

Post Number: 453
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yay, thanks 8 mile @ I75!

The I75 North on ramps from Mack and Warren, as well as a berm at Outer Drive and Barret are really going for Freman. Solid work folks.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 850
Posted From: 67.101.190.144
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro - I doubt if you even drive into the areas where there are alotof McPhail signs. I will admit that EEV, Rosedale Park, and Indian Village are heavy on the Hendrix sign side...that does not surprise me. They are full of conservative/upper middle class African Americans and Whites - Hendrix's target market who love anything to do with Archer AND not to imply that there are not other Hendrix supportes outside this area but he does do well within these groups.

McPhail is very strong in Sherwood Forrest (she has lots of friends there) and Green Acres (she use to live there and people know her). And frankly there are many areas of the city - where YOU don't go that have all McPhail signs on the streets. I have also seen a lot of her signs in the Boston Edision area. Yes Freman has a lot of signs up but that does not mean much other than his volunteers have been aggressive and he has three campaign offices. I really don't see many KK signs - which surprises me as his machine is the largest and should be best organized. Maybe that is a sign that those inflated polls for KK are wrong. Like I said the media wants a race between KK and Hendrix....They know McPhail can kick Henrix's butt. FUNNY how the Archer endorsement gave him NO bump in the polls.

Quinn

Post Number: 454
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of Kilpatrick being the largest, most well funded and well organized campaign... does he have a website anywhere? Anyone?

Bratt

Post Number: 103
Posted From: 69.222.54.164
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After a nice refreshing dip in my pool, I decided to go to the corner store to get a night cap. A neighbor approached me and said, you need to take that McPhail sign out of your yard. So of course, I approached him and said "excuse me?" He repeated it and said you need to give Kwame a chance.

Oh hell, why did he say that. I slowly walked up to him, and very calmly (which even suprised me), asked him why?

He said because all politicians make mistakes. That poor man, I read him the riot act on Kwame. The whole store was looking and watching. We took it outside, and as he got in his car he said, "You're right, you're right, I'm not going to mess with you!" Shoooooot, he didn't know who he was messing with. Kwame my ass!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 853
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KK does have a web site www.kilpatrick2005.com

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1687
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit", Hendrix has 4 campaign offices, not three. And given your complete lack of credibility, your reports nor your doubts don't mean a thing. Furthermore, if you want to talk about polls, funny how McPhail's linking up with Kilpatrick has completely decimated her campaign numbers.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 857
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah and I loved how your guy was on Mitch Albom last night talking about the NY Times article...he gave waaay to much information about how he is being accused. A smart politician would have said..."look Mitch this is being taken a little too far and lets talk about the All Star Game" (Mitch would have let him as he was drooling over Freman like an idiot)...instead Hendrix went on and on about it. Made people question it more. I loved it!

McPhail has beat on KK for 3 years...it is time she beat on Freman for a while. He is just as big a crook as KK just not enough people know about it...YET!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 858
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro - Everyone who has some political savy knows that polls are manipulated to make Hendrix look good...the media wants a Hendrix/KK matchup. They know that McPhail could bury Hendrix in a match up. Besides Hendrix should be worried his numbers do not look that good...the Archer endorsement gave him no bump. People are finally starting to see him for the empty suit he is.

Lurker
Username: Lurker

Post Number: 1188
Posted From: 63.115.63.131
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McPhail should be worried that she has lost 45% of her supporters in a matter of 3 months.

(Message edited by lurker on July 14, 2005)

Rosedaleken

Post Number: 24
Posted From: 204.38.171.25
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So random sampling is all a lie... well I can throw this statistics book away now. Still, if they only "randomly" called people with higher end cell phones, they could skew it towards upper middle class people and throw it off.

I've always enjoyed a good conspiracy.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 865
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They call people who would appeal to Hendrix and of KK in certain areas and ask leading questions against that candidate. It is easily manipluated plus the won't release their questions to the public that they ask. McPhail is much higher than the Newspaper's poll...but Hey we will ALL know on August 3rd.