Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit City Council Election Super Thread » Jai Lee Dearing for Council with Gil Hill « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 1923
Posted From: 68.251.27.41
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Friends, Colleagues and Citizens of Detroit:

Thank you so much for your continued support over the years. As you are aware I served Detroit in one capacity or the other for over 40 years. I have given my heart and soul in service to my fellow citizens. I still remain a resident and business owner in Detroit.

That is why I am coming to you today, asking for your support for my candidate for Detroit City Council, Jai-Lee Dearing. With all do respect to the current Detroit City Council, I am convinced that we need a more diverse Council, a Council capable of dealing with the fiscal challenges we now face in Detroit. I am confident that Jai-Lee will provide the same type of strong leadership I provided in my years on the Detroit City Council. He will be a voice for the citizens, city workers, and the business community.
His experience as a business person will be most critical in helping pull us out of this budget crisis.
A strong rationale and intelligent voice on Council is what we need in these very uncertain times. Like Jai-Lee says, “It’s Time to Get Down To Business!!!”

To this end I am participating in Jai-Lee’s internet and mail based fundraising program called $34 To $34!
The concept seeks donations as low as $34.00 as high as $3,400.00, and every amount in between. Please join me in participating in Jai-Lee’s $34 To $34 Campaign.
Please go to Jai-Lee Dearing’s website
www.Jai-LeeDearingforConcil.co m and click on the 34 To
34 Link to find out how you can help. Your support will help elect the type of leadership we need and deserve. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Gil Hill
Former Detroit City Council President

http://www.jai-leedearingforco uncil.com

"It's time to get down to business. “It's time to elect Jai-Lee Dearing to Detroit's City Council".

Please make checks payable to:

The Committee to Elect Jai-Lee Dearing
2735 Russell
Detroit, MI 48214
(313) 475-0308

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 2832
Posted From: 67.37.83.253
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gil's name no longer carries weight in the city. Too much double crossing on CC ruined whatever rep he had. He is a nice person, and I have met him personally, politically he is lame and that is not whom you want to be your main supporter.

Jai Lee might be shooting for the wrong office. But then Kilpatrick has blocked him in the recent past.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 2295
Posted From: 207.74.111.235
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, keep Jai Lee out!

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 659
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know a thing about him? Is he any good? I hear alot of good about Maureen Taylor and Sarah Snow is doing some hard campaigning (I like her resume)....other than that! As long as Bates goes off I will live - a few others I would not mind seeing gone.

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3095
Posted From: 68.73.53.134
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD: the offices are about more than a resume .... Go figure. If you know about Maureen Taylor's history, then you would understand my comment.

Jai has had training working as a Council staffer. He didn't like the show or snow-job being done on Black Detroiters, so he resigned!! Now he's in the thick of things .... BUT, if you really want to find out more about him as a candidate .... visit Bert's Marketplace in Eastern Market. You'll catch him going & coming. I'm sure he would answer all your questions and probably pose a few to you as the voter. He's very mannerly, respectful and approachable. (He better be, we raised him! lol)

Black-atcha ..... Dearing has my vote already

Jdmdetroit
Username: Jdmdetroit

Post Number: 45
Posted From: 170.20.11.59
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ras...

Why don't you follow your own advice when it comes to Sarah Snow? And while you are at it, please delete the post about her in which you use and obscene epithet.

Danny

Post Number: 2429
Posted From: 141.217.173.158
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now you doing your research Rasputin, Good for you. Jai Lee Dearing has been Gill Hill's lackey for years. He quits for city to hide out in the ghetto like a coward and now he's comming back for a second chance. So far from most of my Street Prophets, They NEVER support him so DON'T VOTE FOR THIS COWARD! Keep him out out of the council's seat.

Rasputin, You still haven't look into the principles of the candidate. You found out what Jai Lee did while did city work, but my street prophets said that he remains a coward. If ill were you I DON'T VOTE FOR HIM!

(Message edited by danny on June 29, 2005)

Rasputin

Post Number: 3101
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

STFU Danny, damn .... don't you ever get tired of being disrespected and the brunt of all the white folk jokes? Your schitt is always backwards and fukked up!! Mayhaps that's what happens when you continually have your nose up their asses. Go figure .....

btw: Jai Lee has never worked for Gil Hill, dummy!!

JDM: I meant every word of the post!!

Black-atcha ..... stating, never thought I'd have to get in Ghettoman's ass; felt too damn sorry for him.

Jdmdetroit
Username: Jdmdetroit

Post Number: 50
Posted From: 69.246.1.255
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ras...you are a real tough guy, eh? I guess that's easy on an anonymous message board. May God some day deliver you from your hatred and rage. Till them, tone it down.

Danny

Post Number: 2439
Posted From: 141.217.173.158
Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin,

Once again you didn't read my codespeak. Jai Lee has been a stuck up for Gil Hill for a while. Even when he worked for city service in the CAY Municipal Center. One of Street Prophets had obtained some paper trail reports about the political relationship between Jai and Hill all the way up to the endorsements. We submit those reports to Fox 2 News just months ago before they report it on the news. Due to national unsecurity reasons, Fox 2 news and Street Prophets Society will NOT release those reports in the archives. Jai Lee has been Mr. Hill lackey for a quite a while and He would help him get his place in the " CLOWNSIL" seat. But we the Street Prophets Society will keep him out. Now back to your uncle Tom's Cabin and do some more REAL research on black unity and black pride.

(Message edited by danny on July 01, 2005)

Rasputin

Post Number: 3118
Posted From: 205.188.116.201
Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny-Ghettoman: If you got it .... scan it and put up here!! Meathead!! (lol) Prove your point with the documentation you allege to have .... calling your white-socks-on a warm-spring/summer-day wearing ass out!! (if you need help, I'm sure those same white folk that made your nose Browner would accommodate you, just for the hell of it.)

Hey NegroHippy: you know who you are; I don't hide behind a keyboard. I make my schitt stink .... can you?? Do I need to put some in your backyard or in your face?? Go figure .... on trying to be "white as Snow"!!

Black-atcha ..... having reread, "The Crisis of the Negro Intellectual" ( should say "wannabe!")

Danny

Post Number: 2461
Posted From: 207.74.111.13
Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin,

If you have missed that news from Fox 2 about Jai-Hill's political relations you're NOT going to get it from The Street Prophets Society, I'll tell you that. The words I've written in codespeak about the Jai-Hill's politicial relationship will explain why. Did your Uncle Tom ever told you be objective before you judge?

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 7816
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ras,

Didn't Jai Lee run last time around? I have met him personally, seems like a good guy with a good head on his shoulders to me. Not so sure why he thinks Hill's support will help however.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 772
Posted From: 207.145.20.2
Posted on Monday, July 04, 2005 - 2:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just heard that he was ALONZO BATES former chief of staff....he is not getting my vote. The apple don't fall far from the tree!

Rasputin

Post Number: 3138
Posted on Monday, July 04, 2005 - 4:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD: methinks you missed this part of my previous post --

quote:

Jai has had training working as a Council staffer. He didn't like the show or snow-job being done on Black Detroiters, so he resigned!!

and yes, it was in Bate's office. Hope you'll speak with him regarding the time spent.

Black-atcha .....

Bindetroit
Username: Bindetroit

Post Number: 1169
Posted From: 69.246.117.31
Posted on Monday, July 04, 2005 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ask Jai-lee who is the biggest tax scavenger and scofflaw in the City. Ask him why the family business that he runs owes the City hundreds of thousands dollars. Don't expect an honest answer.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3144
Posted on Monday, July 04, 2005 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Get your facts right, Bindetroi ... Jai only runs 2 businesses ... Bert's on Broadway & Jai's Catering. Your half backed post is truly fukked up!!

Black-atcha ..... still voting for Jai Lee Dearing, after having enjoyed a great Block-Party on Russell Saturday night. More than 1500 people partying in the street! Go figure ... on support.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3145
Posted on Monday, July 04, 2005 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"backed" = baked

Bindetroit

Post Number: 1174
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the racist illiterati with comprehension problems:
From Jai-Lee's website:
"Jai-Lee Dearing serves as Vice-President of Dearing and Associates where he heads the entertainment, catering, and real-estate consortium."

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1650
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

File that in the Rasputin erroneous information section.

Bindetroit

Post Number: 1176
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did eRas mention that Jai-Lee is backing the Mayor? Probably not. But still t'is true. And why wouldn't a Dearing want the current cozy relationships between the tax cheats and the plain ol' cheats to continue?

Dday
Username: Dday

Post Number: 472
Posted From: 65.209.165.170
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

File that in the Rasputin erroneous information section.

Wow...that file....it's so...............BIG

MANROOTER!!!

Rasputin

Post Number: 3173
Posted From: 69.214.190.79
Posted on Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL at your stoopid asses ..... boi reads campaign card and thinks he knows the real deal!! How dumb can ya be!! and demonstrate it too!! btw: alrdy voted for Jai-Lee, so y'all better hurry and try to cancel our votes (if ya have the numbers .... ROFLMAO)!! Oh yeah, forgot to tell ya: Casper the sheet wearing ghost is running too!! Mayhaps you'll vote for him!! He's "white as snow!!"

Hey D-Day .... go suck Manrooter's rooter. Mehears It's your style now, since that woman said your's was too small.

shark

Black-atcha .....

Bostedguy
Username: Bostedguy

Post Number: 25
Posted From: 69.212.60.230
Posted on Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How mature.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 969
Posted on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jai-Lee is Bate's former chief of staff...and he supports KK. I would not vote for him!

Rasputin

Post Number: 3186
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Each to his/her own ILD. Mayhaps I could say the same for McPhail, with similar reasoning .... Go figure!!

The real deal is that we each have the right to make our own choices vote, regardless of your, mine, or anyone else's opinion ..... that is, if ya wise enough!!

Black-atcha .....

Eastside
Username: Eastside

Post Number: 456
Posted From: 68.42.170.57
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm going to have to agree with racist Ras on this one. Jai Lee is my boy...always hooking me up at Berts and one of the nicest guy doing business downtown. Jai Lee can do nothing but good for this city as a member of CC.

Morena
Username: Morena

Post Number: 263
Posted From: 216.45.2.138
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought this guy lived in Southfield? Maybe he moved back into Detroit so he could run for office but keeps another house out there so he can get away from freeloaders that attend Bert's block parties.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 511
Posted From: 64.139.64.80
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw a jai lee commercial yesterday...SO BAD. Gill hill looks terrible. And you can't make out what they are saying.

Eastside
Username: Eastside

Post Number: 459
Posted From: 68.42.170.57
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Young Bert, who works at Powerhouse on Jefferson, is also running for a seat on the Detroit School Board.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3194
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Morena: QUIT THINKING ..... will ya? You've demonstrated the size of your brain and how much knowledge it can contain!! Homer

btw: Bert Sr. lived in Southfield!! Small brains give lots of mis-information. Go figure ....

Black-atcha ....

Shave
Username: Shave

Post Number: 334
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I swear when I say that I have never seen anything so funny. I am laughing so damned hard.

How funny...

Morena

Post Number: 269
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputz:

Is this what you have to do for a free beer and basket of chicken wings from Bert's?

Watching Jai Lee make the primary but fall short in the General and another wasted $200k campaign fail again.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3201
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing is free at Bert's. No CHEAP BEER either!! Guess you can't come now, eh?? + dumbness doesn't sit too well with the proprietors or the regulars. Dumb folk need lotsa more money! Go figure .....

ROFLMBlackAO-atcha .....

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 986
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jai Lee Dearing UGGGGH! He was Lonnie Bate's chief of staff - nuff said! Corruption is his middle name!

Bostedguy
Username: Bostedguy

Post Number: 86
Posted From: 69.212.211.41
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 2:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was hoping he wouldn't make the cut...

Morena

Post Number: 272
Posted From: 68.42.173.147
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 3:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really would like to know what this guy has done for/in the City of Detroit? Don't use what his daddy has done by way of business.

What has his involvement been besides serving as Bates Chief of Staff or his appointment to the Housing Commission, which has now been taken over by the Fed's?

Let's start here:

With his involvement in Bates office and in dealing with P&DD, what are his plans to remove red tape for people wanting to do business in Detroit?

Let's get down to business ...

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3007
Posted From: 12.40.94.131
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is guilt by association common place for people above?

Rasputin

Post Number: 3203
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dummy, that's not the JOB of a CC member. Try the Mayor's office ..... soooooooo, Dearing will do absolutely NOTHING about your problem!!

Black-atcha ..... saying, "Read the damn City Charter", if ya can read .....

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 1536
Posted From: 24.221.73.69
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMAO @ Morena as Homer Simpson!!!!!

Morena

Post Number: 283
Posted From: 68.42.173.147
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ratsassin:

Dearing's slogan is "Time to Get Down To Business" so let's get down to business and answer my question numbnuts.

With his direct involvement as Bates former Chief of Staff and in having to deal with P&DD as a legislative aid on issues coming before Council regularly, what is he going to recommend doing to remove red tape for businesses in Detroit? This after all one of his major platform agenda items.

Maybe he has NO plans. Maybe he's going to hire your unemployed stankin ass to write more meaningless resolutions.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3206
Posted From: 68.252.3.126
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL atcher chracterization .... My ASS Don't Stink!! Got plenty of water .... do you? Don't smell like a wet dog after bathing either .... can you say that!?!> Me doubts it!! roflmao ....

Again, Dummy, READ the CITY CHARTER as to the job responsibilties of a CC Member!! Meguesses you wish to rewrite that to fit YOUR agenda too .... how crass and asinine!!

Black-atcha ..... still roflmbao-atcha too.

Morena

Post Number: 284
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ratstarzan:

Stop swiggin from Dearing's jock and answer the question.

All Council candidates have platforms and a big part of Dearing's is business and economic development. His slogan is Time TO Get Down To Business so what are his plans for removing red tape for businesses in Detroit? What are his plans to improve, strengthen, and attract businesses to Detroit? What are his ideas on NEZ's and BID's? What are his ideas on vacant lots and housing in neighborhoods? What's his position on a Detroit Land Bank?

What's he offering other than free chicken wing parties at his daddy's joints?

Rasputin

Post Number: 3210
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dummy, NEZ is a STATE item .... not City. BIDs are dead and have been for some time; just like YOUR AGENDA that no one gives a fukk about!!. Wake the fukk up.

Black-atcha .... enjoying those chicken wing parties too!!

Morena

Post Number: 297
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ratsass:

The questions included Dearing's IDEAS on NEZ's and BID's.

"NEZ is STATE item ..." So now you're saying Council doesn't vote them up or down when they're brought forth by the Administration and Council wouldn't vote on BID's either?

... Ratsass still snoopin for a crack in anyone's door so he can nibble on somebody's chedder! LMAO

Rasputin

Post Number: 3214
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No need, Dummy .... well off. Can you say the same?

That schitt you mentioned ain't nowhere in the minds of potentisl CC members. That's YOUR agenda ..... and it ain't being responded too nor considered. Go figure .... on being left out of the mix!! roflmbao

Black-atcha ..... btw: your ad-hominems are rather weak (like you?)