Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » ::::::Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread - 1 » POLLS= FUZZY MATH!! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Helfy
Username: Helfy

Post Number: 50
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just have to say it! All polls are equal to fuzzy math.
What Poll showed KK winnning his election against Gil Hill? Does anyone remember Gill HILL being a shoe in?
Just looking for other opinions on this forum.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 387
Posted From: 64.139.64.80
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Polls are only newsworthy a week maybe or days before the actual poll (the election) I feel.

Yes I remember Kwame was the total outsider. Gill Hill was the shoe-in. Does anyone remember at what point kwame was ahead in the polls?

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 1964
Posted From: 68.251.27.41
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep he was ahead on the day of the primary. September 11, 2001

It was the first poll that showed him in the lead and it was an exit poll.

After that he was ahead all the way to the general election...

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since when does a "tie", "dead heat", "too close to call", "within a few points of each other", etc. equal "a shoe in"? Revisionist history doesn't change the facts of the past. And it doesn't help make a present situation work in the revisionist's favor either.

Jdmdetroit
Username: Jdmdetroit

Post Number: 39
Posted From: 170.20.11.59
Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is what I think will happen:

Primary:
Hendrix: 40%
Kilpatrick: 35%
McPhail: 17%
Clarke: 8%

In the general election, most McPhail voters will swing to Kilpatrick and most Clarke people will swing to Hendrix. The result: a close race that will keep supporters of both camps up all night. Either could win. It'll depend on turn-out.

Of course, there is an outside chance that Kwame will stick his foot in it and come in third in the primary. In that case, I see Hendrix winning by a decent margin (but less than some might think).

What I really don't see, though, is a Kilpatrick/McPhail race in November.

This is just my opinion, though... based on little more than what my gut tells me.

Who will I vote for? I am leaning toward Hendrix. But, for the record, Council candidate Sarah Snow (who everyone here by now knows I am married to) is not endorsing a mayoral candidate.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 2385
Posted From: 207.74.110.179
Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's my prejections:

For the August Primary, it would be KING KWAME KILLpatrick vs. Freeman Hendrix and on the November election, Hendrix wins. THUS SAITH THE STREET PROPHET!

Helfy

Post Number: 51
Posted From: 64.12.116.195
Posted on Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny , you and MetrDETGAY, are both idiots. You have no idea what will happen at the primary. Wait till this weeks debate with KK , McPhail and Hendrix. We will see how squirmy your candidate really gets now that KK had to show up. As shown by McPhail, Hendrix cannot take the heat and these next 37 days will show how he will get squashed as KK wants to go after McPhail in the Primary. The truth about hendrix keeps killing him and he will be the "white mans candidate" not for too much longer. He cannot be trusted PERIOD.

Helfy

Post Number: 52
Posted From: 64.12.116.195
Posted on Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Als HENDRIX CLAIMS TO BE A 25 year veteran of city gov't. SO how does he afford a $800,000 condo in Naples, Florida? Explain that one? Don;t tell me he saved his money for 25 years or he saved it all up while working in the private sector for the staffing company that he outsourced jobs from Detroit city gov't before he left office? PLEASE!! He is as corrupt as KK!

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1578
Posted on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 5:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Honestly, what is going on with the McPhail campaign? Yet another (Helfy) of her most vocal supporters shilling for Kilpatrick (joining Rasputin, "Ilovedetroit", and Brian). Once again, the same low-ball tactics of name calling and false claims that have been the signature of McPhail's previous campaigns are on full display.

Are you guys really McPhail supporters? You make her look incredibly bad. The two "real-life" McPhail supporters that I've encountered are nothing like you jokers. A conspiracy theorist could very well conclude that you are EITHER really Kilpatrick supporters sabotaging her campaign OR that her campaign is on its last legs and the back-room dealings between KK and SM are already taking place.

Helfy

Post Number: 53
Posted From: 205.188.116.201
Posted on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MDG, You are about as sharp as a box of rocks! You say i make false claims? Please quote one of them. I have verifieable proof of EVERYTHING I WRITE. You Don't know who i am or what I stand for BUT I WILL TELL YOU THIS THAT I AM FOR McPhail 100%. I do not need to lie or mislead, i have 100% proof of evrything i say or print please beg me to give you some proof to shut you up like I did MORENA!
NEXT? Ask me about HENDRIX"S WIFES HISTORY? I can't wait to let the cat out of the bag on that one! PLEASE PLEASE BEG ME!

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 1807
Posted From: 68.252.9.94
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 5:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just stopped into the sandbox to see if anything has changed.

Nope.

Still RUMOUR, INNUENDO, and UNPROVEN ALLEGATIONS and VERY FEW FACTS.

I'll leave you kids to play in your sandbox for a while and check back later to see if anyone has matured.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 1368
Posted From: 66.167.211.221
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Helfy, what is your source for Hendrix having an $800,000 condo on FL? If that is the case, I don't find that out of the question for a person of his past income. Many condo's are time shares and essentially investments. He could have gotten in for a fraction of that amount and had the price rise since. Lots of possibilities.

My question all along is why he is using his meager campaign funds supply him with a Cadillac as opposed to driving his own damn car like the rest of the voters, the luckier ones that don't have to rely on the buses. If he has that condo investment my question becomes louder.

Quinn

Post Number: 390
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is hendrix's wife's history? I know she works for Illitch Holdings. Let me guess...she was a prostitute? HAHAHAHHAAH

Well...I could care less about her...I REALLY DISLIKE FREMAN!!!

Lowell Freman doesn't own an 800,000 condo...as much as I'd like it to be true I'm sure it's not. I had heard it was a house...it's all rumor that he used money made from back door deals with DPS money...but I think it's just that. Rumor.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 731
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hendrix's wife...I have heard rumors but I am not repeating them.

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 313
Posted From: 208.39.170.77
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams - I agree. Real Sad!!!

I will be the happiest person on DetroitYes.com when the primary is over with. You all are starting to call folks spouses names and shyt. That ain't cool at all.

Good luck to all 12 candidates in August!!!

(Message edited by 1honey on June 28, 2005)

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 732
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Honey - I agree with you...this is a tough game and everyone gets dragged in. I guess the really sad part here is that WE all love the city and want to best for it. As much as Metro drives me crazy (hey Metro I am extending an olive branch here) I know he still loves this place and we all want what is best for Detroit. No one on here is an evil person (well I can get nasty with a hangover)... :-) Lets ALL have a lighten up week and celebrate the 4th and just be glad that we can vote in this country!

Shave
Username: Shave

Post Number: 131
Posted From: 24.99.111.241
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ilovedetroit, nice post. Hopefully, it will be taken into consideration by everyone who is passionate about this year's Mayoral election.

Helfy

Post Number: 56
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOWELL, Hendrix claims that he took the steps up the county floors to get where he is at. A 25 year veteran of public office!!! How many honest public offcials do you knw have 800,000 dollar condos? In a gated HIGH RISE COMMUNITY IN FLORIDA!

Helfy

Post Number: 57
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JAMS: Ask me one thing to prove that i wrote and iwill most definatley give it to you. PLease be specific and I will provide proof.

Helfy

Post Number: 58
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1honey, as you may know you get more with Honey than vinegar BUT, PLease ask me for some proof of whatever i have spoken about! I will post it here immediately!

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1582
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 1:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit" your insincere, bi-polar act is as phony as you and your claims. You have done this before, only to attack with false allegations and name-calling within minutes. Remember the last time you pulled this and I checked your timing at 5 and 10 minutes from the "olive branch" (both on the same thread as well as jumping to another to attack).

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 1809
Posted From: 68.252.9.94
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 4:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Helfy, Just put the proof out.

This BS as I continually call it as RUMOUR and INNUEDO, pisses me off, as well as others on this forum. How do I know? I interact in real life with quite a few forumites on an almost daily basis.

Prove to me and others that your candidate has a realistic and POSITIVE plan to improve our City, otherwise the BS attacks on each other's candidates does NOTHING to impress many of us to support any candidate.

Is this too difficult to understand?

1honey

Post Number: 314
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Helfy

I really don't care who you or others are voting for. Just make sure you vote! I never asked for proof of what you post(ed) here on the forum.

Some of the things that people post about their candidate(s), I wonder do some of you think that you will get others to vote for your candidate(s) because of your posts?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 735
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the posts are a waste of time...it is more of a letting off steam. I tried to extend a branch to Mr Hendrix Paid Staff member Metro...IF I was Freman I would be ashamed of how my staff act on here. It is one thing for a volunteer to be silly but another for paid staff to act like he is acting. Is this an example of the kind of people we would have to work with on a daily basis if Hendrix was mayor? Sad for us all if Metro is the PR guy.

Quinn

Post Number: 392
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey...has anyone seen Morena? I feel like were all fighting each other (freman and sharon people) and Kwame's getting away with murder.

The kwame people haven't been on here in MONTHS...

I mean...we have tons of rumors about Freman, tons of rumors about Sharon...and FACTS about Kwame. He's the truly evil one here...let's start talking about him!

Helfy

Post Number: 59
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams, Someone already beat me too it!! I heard these rumors and wondered if they were true and even had someone providing me with facts that they claim they had BUT they are posted on this website www.whoisfremanhendrix.com
So there is no need for me to post them here on the forum. Go see for yourself and make up your own mind if thats the person you want running your city?

1honey

Post Number: 316
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is there one for Sharon as well Helfy? I know of www.firejerry.com, www.kwamekilpatrick.com, www.rednavigator.com & I am sure there is another one or two that I can't remember for Kwame.

1honey

Post Number: 317
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ilovedetroit does Metrodetguy really work for Freman or is that a rumor?

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 390
Posted From: 68.42.168.234
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Helfy please explain why he can not afford a condo or do you believe the theory in chapter 3. Please remember what a theory is, unless you can prove he obtained the condo illegally who cares. I’m pissed that he has an $820,000 condo but mostly because I don’t have one, it sure would be nice in the winter. Remember just because someone says something doesn’t make it true. Danny calls McPhail a witch with a black cat that does not mean she owns a black cat because he says it. ILD does McPhail have a black cat; I’m sure that is not true but the witch part HMMMMMM.

1honey

Post Number: 320
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I find it amazing that its rumored that KK is having a house built in Naples. How come people aren't tripin' over that? 35 years old, million dollar crib, come on now.

Helfy

Post Number: 63
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1honey, point me in the direction of that KK rumor and I will dig up the facts pleasehelp me on that one. I like to prove/disprove rumors. Give me an appetizer and i will confirm it.

1honey

Post Number: 322
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Helfy, I think that I read that rumor on www.firejerryo.com site. I can't remember or it might have surface on DetroitYes.com.

Helfy

Post Number: 64
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Merchant the point is this: IF you claim to be a 25 year veteran of public service then how can it be that you can afford a $800,000+ dollar condo in a GATED COMMUNITY! I really don't want to educate you on how that is not appropriate especially if one claims to be for the people and not for himself! Does he really need a Cadillac (paid for by his campaign money) to drive himself around detroit? What's wrong with a chevy or a buick? MONEY IS TIGHT EVERYHWHERE AROUND US IN DETROIT! Right under our noses we are being treated like fools! I won't stand for it! The people need a break!

Helfy

Post Number: 65
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1honey, looked at that site but could'nt find anything on that. keep me posted

1honey

Post Number: 323
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have you heard of outside investments/or partnerships in something other than public service?

MONEY IS TIGHT EVERYHWHERE AROUND US IN DETROIT! Right under our noses we are being treated like fools! I won't stand for it! The people need a break! (Helfy), we have people in the office now that haven't given Detroiters a break. I am still waiting on the property tax break that the mayor addressed in his last speech back in February 2005.

So...

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 737
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What the F**k...everyone is kicking KKs butt for corruption and look at what Freman is doing. If I am reading this right (and there is backup evidence) he was Deputy Mayor - outsourced jobs to Staffing Solutions - the went to work there - then he got paid enough money to buy a 820k condo??? Come one a public servant doesn't make that kind of money. I always thought he was just like Kilpatrick (they come from the same McNamara tree) but this takes the cake. Great site - do we have Bob Berg to thank for this one :-) Thanks Bob I love the updates!

www.whoisfremanhendrix.com

Honey - As far as Metro working for Hendrix he says he does not. But put the pieces together he is rabid animal about calling everyone a liar. He skirts all the issues like a paid PR person...he reminds me of Karl Rove. He says that he is not paid but I don't believe him. He tracks EVERYTHING that everyone says - now come on what volunteer does all that without getting paid? Or maybe he is just some nerd who has nothing else better to do. But I think he is a paid PR guy. I use to think he was just a solid volunteer but he is too wound up and mad about things. I tried to extend the olive branch and he bit my hand.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 739
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Honey - Check out the McPhail property tax break at www.sharonandbenny.com
Goal is to bring us down to surrounding communities.
Thanks

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 396
Posted From: 68.42.168.234
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Helfy, I don't need you to educate me, but I will educate you for free. Honey brought up a couple of points; I will also bring up a couple. Hendrix wife does work, correct; I keep hearing how she works for the pizza cartel so my guess is she earns a salary, Helfy do you know how much she makes or even what her job is. Also my guess both of them had parents, do you know what their parents do, and did they have money. There are a lot of ways Hendrix could afford this condo. But you have no proof that he obtained it illegally. The McPhailites must be desperate coming in with any conspiracy theory possible. All I here from you guys is the polls are wrong, nobody knows who Helmut is, no one will vote for him and he single handedly brought down the greatest school system in the world. So I have one question for you all, why so scared?

Helfy, I think you are a little nervous about your guar-sheed.

1honey

Post Number: 325
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ilovedetroit, I did read the campaign promise(s) of Ms. McPhail. Which would be great to me since my taxes are around 4,000. But, what I was saying is that as a councilwoman, could she have brought this plan to the table while in office?

Also, for the record Ilovedetroit, Kwame didn't work for McNamara. Bernard did. You must remember, being so politically annointed, Kwame didn't want nothing to do with Mr. McNamara once he won the mayors election.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 742
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Honey - You are correct I was more or less refering to the family connections. But you are right accuracy is important. Thanks

Helfy

Post Number: 84
Posted on Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really DO NOT BELIEVE THE POLLS!