Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit City Council Election Super Thread » Fannie Lou Hammer « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jdmdetroit
Username: Jdmdetroit

Post Number: 66
Posted From: 170.20.11.59
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is their slate? I was a bit surprised to find that they endorsed Kwame. Someone told me they also endorsed Bates, which would be a massive shock, if true. Does anyone know what their entire slate turned out to be?

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 851
Posted From: 69.39.80.144
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have seen the slate but don't have a copy. I don't remember Bates on there. They are pretty conservative and would never endorse a woman. And Hendrix with the school board take over would not get endorsed - that left KK.

Jdmdetroit
Username: Jdmdetroit

Post Number: 67
Posted From: 170.20.11.59
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do they have a Web site? I checked PR Newswire and did not see a press release for their entire slate. I sure hope Bates was not on there. I like and respect Wendell Anthony too much to want to see them make a mistake like that.

(Message edited by jdmdetroit on July 13, 2005)

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 2027
Posted From: 68.251.27.41
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fanny Lou Hamer PAC endorsed Sharon McPhail when she ran against Dennis Archer.

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 2028
Posted From: 68.251.27.41
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In fact, many women have been endorsed by Fanny Lou Hamer PAC, state reps, state senators, city council members.

Where does Ilovedetroit get that idea?

Detbest
Username: Detbest

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 216.15.49.129
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exactly, as a matter of fact one of FLH PAC's first endorsements was none other than McPhail.
This was during her first run for mayor and that PAC and Anthony individually supported Sharon strong and early.

ILD you act as if anyone who doesn't support Sharon has some devious motive. There are people who have a grasp of the issues and feel that Sharon is not the best candidate. Much like you feel that she is the best candidate. No need to disparge others with inaccurate info.