Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » ::::::Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread - 1 » Corruption and Mismanagement in the House of Hendrix « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 866
Posted From: 68.40.226.188
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is like a Shakespearean dream come true! For months now I have been saying that Hendrix is just a better looking Kilpatrick now the FREEP FINALLY reports the truth!
1. HOW did Hendrix get a million PLUS loan on his 300,000 home? In 1998 he was DM - a civil servant makeing around 140k - where the
2. History of financial mismangement with his sister and her organizations.
3. Golf dome with McNamara (another crook). financial mismanagement there to. And again where is Mr Innoncent getting ALL this money? From a mortgage on a 300k house? LOOKS like he got some privledge from his name after all (too bad his daughter can't).

Looks like the Kilpatricks and Hendrix Family are kissing cousins!!!! Have fun reading...I did! Hey Metro can't wait to hear your spin!

http://www.freep.com/news/locw ay/hendrix15e_20050715.htm

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 443
Posted From: 150.198.150.244
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD, I think you have selective reading skills, but this article raises the questions then says it appears there was no wrong doing. Read some of the quotes form the loan expert that says these types of loans are common.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 867
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah right those types of "loans" are common amongst CROOKS. My house is worth about 200k I bet I could not walk into Comerica and get a loan 2orth 800k for a condo in Florida? Come on Merchant I know you love Hendrix so much that he could kill someone and you would think of an excuse why? But this raises serious questions! And there is more still to come out. The number one reason people are voting for Hendrix is "because he worked for Archer"...he ain't no Archer. I may not have been a big fan of Archer but he was not a crook. This guy has his fingers in the pot with McNamara and Soave...this is ALL very questionable. How does and acclaimed civil servant who had to walk up 16 flights of stairs get so much money?

His family does not have it...lower middle class family from Inkster? Elaine Lewis-Hendrix's parents live near my sister's house (and it is very modest no money there)...somewhere he has been dipping his fingers in the till and it is starting to show.

Bindetroit
Username: Bindetroit

Post Number: 1190
Posted From: 69.246.117.31
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ild - the depth of your ignorance is matched only by your malice. The loan was for an investment and was secured in part by the investment property. Comerica would have made the loan to Mr. Hendrix based on his income and other assets and the value of the golf dome. This is commonly done. Your inability to get a loan from Comerica or anyone else speaks only to your own lack of creditworthiness as well as your inexperience and lack of business acumen.

Read the article again. This is the worst thing McPhail or KK can come up on FH? Spin all you won't but it;s nothing more than an act of god turned a good investment bad (until it gets good again).

Detbest
Username: Detbest

Post Number: 2
Posted From: 216.15.49.129
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, ILD, I didn't know I was a crook since I'm in the process of trying to get one of those loans too :-).

May want to reread the article. The $1 million loan was for the golfdome not the Florida condo.

Banks will make loans based off of the projected cash flows of a business. Often times they will require some personal guarantee or collateral as additional security. That looks like the case with Hendrix. Nothing fishy as I've seen and been involved with these types of loans before. Even seen some where folks don't have to even put up their house as collateral.

ILD, you too could possibly get a loan with the right type of deal/business opportunity.

I thought it was a good article as it answered some of the questions I had about Hendrix's business dealings and showed that there doesn't appear anything fishy or unusual is going on.

Before any one questions me or my motives, let me state that I'm not a Hendrix supporter (or anyone else at this point) just trying to state things as I see them.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 463
Posted From: 68.42.170.20
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Hendrix said he has nothing to do with the dome's day-to-day operations.

"This is one of about a dozen investments that I have," he said. "I hold on to them until I get a profit, and then I get out."

Man-o-man does this speak to the business community. Why would he say something like this...and what are the other investments, and how did he pay for those?

Coleman Young was thought to be VERY corrupt. He died in a apartment in Detroit (riverfront) with a moderately nice cadillac. Not much else.

It looks, at least from my point of view, that Hendrix has used his connections from public service to serve himself quite well. Maybe all legal...maybe not so moral.

Wait...what is it he says about accountability, morality, leadership..........

Is it ANY SURPRISE to anyone now that he leased a cadillac with campaign funds???

Merchantgander

Post Number: 444
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD, I guess others share my opinion, and again your total ignorance of the topic shows. You see ILD a rational person can process information without believing there is some great conspiracy or can make an observation with out having it in for your candidate.

You are correct I am voting for Hendrix based on my opinion that he has the necessary skills needed to be the most effective leader of all the candidate (If I thought Hansen had a chance in hell I might vote for him). I have followed Detroit politics for awhile and think McPhail has one to many personalities for me, she is a bit irrational (a trait you share with her) and offers goals with no realistic plan to obtain them.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 868
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am hardly ignorant...the article will create question in the minds of the average voter. My neighbor (very blue collar factory worker) already said "looks like Hendrix is in trouble from the paper"...constant bombardment of the truth creates question in people's minds. If they start realizing that he and KK are not so far off he will sink and he should sink! He has been riding on the Archer name too long and he needs to ride on his own accord and record!

Merchantgander

Post Number: 445
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will miss you ILD after Aug 2nd.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 870
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh Merchant that is such a dramatic line.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1028
Posted From: 69.214.178.136
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ild, I am not surprised that you would create this thread with another attempt to bad-mouth Hendrix. As others have said, the article answers the questions that people have had of Hendrix's personal finances and the article concludes that nothing illegal, unethical, or immoral took place. Why can't you see this? Oh right, your obsession with bad-mouthing Hendrix and your belief that there is a conspiracy on the part of the News and the Free Press to keep anything negative about Hendrix out of the paper because they want to see him elected as mayor.

ild, here you see a man that has made some successful investments and you're just "hatin'" that success. If Hendrix wasn't running for mayor you would be praising him for his business acumen. Also, if all your neighbor, Mr. blue collar, can say is, "Looks like Hendrix is in trouble from the paper," then he, like you, did not read the article and is basing his opinion only on the headline. Or he's just showing his ignorance and you didn't realize it.

Quinn, what is this, "Man-o-man this speaks to the business community." Yeah, what they see is a smart businessman who knows how to invest and get out before the profits fall. People do it everyday. It's called the "stock exchange." Quinn, I am surprised at your naivete. Businessmen are shrewd individuals in a dog-eat-dog world. Like I told ild, if Hendrix wasn't running for mayor you would be praising him for his business acumen. The Mayor of New York financed his own campaign with the millions of dollars he had earned as a businessman. Now Quinn, don't tell me that it's a crime to make money.

Also, what's so immoral about what Hendrix has done? He made some investments and made some money. What's the problem? You don't like the folks he's associated with, McNamara and Soave. Well, I have said once before on this super-thread that as far as I know McNamara and Soave have not been convicted of any crimes. If you know something, please state your claims with supporting evidence.

Quinn, many everyday, hardworking, nine-to-five people don't understand the stock market and have little to no money to invest in business ventures. So naturally they are going to be suspicious of those that do make investments. You said it yourself, "...Hendrix has used his business connections to serve himself quite well. Maybe all legal...." Why "hate" on his success?

(Message edited by royce on July 15, 2005)

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 872
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royce - Please you sound like a politician throwing out sound bites. IT is questionable that Hendrix is investing with McNamara and Soave. HE DID get a HUGE loan against his house in 1998 from Comerica that most people could not get. His house (which I have seen in Rosedale) is nice but was not worth 300k in 1998 probably worth that now...he used his connections to get something. He makes a big deal out of being a "man of the people who had to climb 16 flights to get where he is"....I am not knocking his success but how does a "public servant" get so rich on a civil servants salary? And look who he is in bed with? McNamara and Soave are questionable characters. Million dollar condos left and right and golf domes and money money money everywhere. ALL this adds to a quesitonable situation. And there seems to be a fine line between the Kilpatrick doings and Hendrix doings. And that line is getting more thin everyday.

Royce

Post Number: 1029
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ild, I can invest a lot on a salary of $140,000. If I earned a salary like that, I could have millions of dollars in investments. It's not impossible. Again, Hendrix hasn't done any illegal, unethical, or immoral. I'm sure Sharon McPhail has done some questionable dealings with questionale people in her lifetime. However, I'm not going to fault her here on those dealings.

ild, why do you and Brian continue to put these unsubstantiated claims out here about Freman Hendrix? If you have noticed, most other forumites don't even bother coming over to this thread because it has been months and months of the same rhetoric. Who are you winning over to McPhail's side? Who? Do you think somehow that you are going to make me change my vote for Hendrix and cast it for McPhail? Do you think you honestly are going to change Metrodetguy's vote, mechantgander's vote, and Bindetroit's vote?

The only reason I started responding to you and Brian's posts on this forum is because no one, including Freman Hendrix, deserves to have their name dragged through the mud when they have not done anything illegal, unethical, or immoral. Sure he is a public figure and deserves to be scruntized, especially if he's running for political office. However, what you and Brian do goes beyond scrutiny. It borders on an unhealthy obsession. If you ever care to notice, I write on a number of different topics. You will see my name all over the place. However, when it comes to you, ild, I don't see your name anywhere else, in any other thread. This is not healthy.

I have said to myself many times, "What is ild and Brian going to do if McPhail loses the primary? My answer is, "Probably continue to bad-mouth Hendrix through the general election, and ,if he wins, during his terms in office as mayor." Just something to think about, ild. You too, Brian.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 877
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royce - What you are saying is all BS and you know it. You know you are having doubts yourself. Come on what do you have invested in Hendrix? Do you pesonally know him? Have you listened to him publicly speak? I have been working HARD with another job on McPhail's campaign for 8 months. I know her and I know what she offers...I have listened to him at two public parties (one in Detroit one in B'ham) and I have seen him at 5 candidate forums/debates. He cannot hold a candle to her and he has no real answers. I don't trust him, I don't like him, and he is in this for himself NOT for Detroit. One thing about him that Bratt mentioned in another line and I did not realize this until he/she said it. He runs out of events and does not mix with the people that is such a true statement - he does! ALSO I do run into a lot of people that don't like him - maybe I hang out with a mostly grass roots crowd who are ALL over this city.

Royce

Post Number: 1031
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ild, obvious you don't hang out in all the circles in Detroit because if you did you would run into a lot of people like myself who are supporting Hendrix. Grass roots people are the folks least likely to support a candidate who has an ability to get along with people of other races. In other words, if the white folks like that candidate you can guarantee that the grass roots people won't. Grass roots people only want the candidates to focus on them and no one else.
That's why the Michigan Citizen is the way it is and why you accept everything it says as fact because you think everything the mayor or future mayor does should focus on you and yours.
Now, don't think that your disdain for Hendrix is going to change anybody's mind about him. He and I had a nice conversation at a function I attended. He didn't run out and not mingle with the crowd. Your spies gave you the wrong information.

ild, I have no doubts about Hendrix. He is the person I believe can best handle the job of mayor and do the things that are needed for Detroit's citizens. Sharon McPhail is a lawyer, trained in public speaking and debate. Being a good debater doesn't make you a good decision maker or leader. If that was the case, then John Kerry would have defeated President Bush in the presidential race because Kerry was clearly the better debater in the debates.

ild, I have stopped responding to Brian because he, like you, are obsessed with bad-mouthing Freman Hendrix. The paper clearly states that Hendrix has not done anything illegal, unethical, or immoral, yet you still want to find fault. People on witch hunts are obsessed. Being obsessed means that you're thinking and view of the world is shortsighted. Being shortsighted means you don't look at the big picture. Failure to see the big picture causes you to repeat the same mistakes over and over again. On this entire super thread you are repeating yourself and beating a dead horse. I'm now one less person who's going to hear your pleas and respond. ild, get some help before it's too late.

(Message edited by royce on July 15, 2005)

Naturalsister
Username: Naturalsister

Post Number: 264
Posted From: 68.79.80.165
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ilovedetroit,

You'd better be careful, you're spending a lot of time posting on all of the Hendrix threads. I just want to tell you that McPhail is too damned disrespectful to the office she wishes to sit in.

She might make sense, sometimes then again it's tainted with so much sarcasm towards the other candidates.

MORE PROFESSIONALISM IS REQUIRED TO BEAT AN INCUMBANT, EVEN KK.

I said this before, she needs to have more respect for the office of the Mayor if she wants to posess it. PERIOD.

When you sit on the CC and boycott the Mayor's address, that just sets a bad example just like showing up and rolling your eyes at every sentence. Her SH** is sloppy, and she couldn't ever get my vote!

Later - naturalsister

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 17
Posted From: 69.242.221.113
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks again IfreakDET for my laugh of the day.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 107
Posted From: 69.216.133.127
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know, I am a Sharon supporter. But I can say that I do not dislike Freman, and believe it or not I do not dislike Kwame. Actually, I want to hear what they have to say. I might make jokes about Kwame and his oversizedness (I made that word up), but I just think he is not the right man for the job. He is too immature and even though he speaks well, he still is not professional enough for that type of job. I think that he would probably do very well at doing something else though.

Freman Hendrix, I don't know, I really have to go on my gut feelings on that one. I don't play into all the stuff in the media. But there is something about Freman. When I see him, I get bad vibes. He may be a very nice person with some plans, but something doesn't sit right with me...a bad spirit or something.

Now let's talk about Sharon. When I first heard she was running, I was definitely not a supporter. I was like some of you, thinking she was this evil person and would never vote for her. All I could remember was what I saw in the media. I was convinced to go to her announcement. When all of the other people were talking, I wasn't listening. My focus was on Sharon. I wanted to see her mannerisms and to see her spirit. It was that day that I fell in love with her (don't get excited guys...not that way!). Her spirit was so beautiful and pure and sincere, she was so humble! And it wasn't because she was acting in front of the crowd. I have seen her on several occasions, and oh my goodness, she has been the same every time. When I saw her last weekend, she even gave me a hug and said I looked great. You know, that really made my day. She is truly a gem! GO SHARON....GO SHARON....GO SHARON!

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 2953
Posted From: 67.37.84.30
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hendrix got a loan from a Bank which did business and received contracts from Detroit just like Christine Beatty.

Does every home worth $300k provide for enough collateral for a $1 Million loan? Where is mine.

If Hendrix home was worth $300k in the 90's what is it worth today?

Team Hendrix should be using his home's value to show how Detroit's property is valuable and rising. BUT according to the city records, Hendrix home is not worth $300k. Who did the appraisal? Thanks to Proposal A Hendrix would not have to pay taxes if it was valued at $300k.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1697
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. & Mrs. Hendrix's salaries + good credit scores + 300k home + other investments = collateral for a $1 Million loan

Brian

Post Number: 2956
Posted From: 67.37.84.30
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But he could not afford to lease a Cadilac?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 878
Posted on Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro - Come on the entire loan is so fishy! I have great credit scores, I make good money, I have a nice 401k and Roth IRA, I own two rental properties and my own home I know that thre is no way in hell - unless my name was Freman Hendrix that I could get a load on a 300 k house for a million - regardless of assets. AND how in the hell did a civil servant whose wife WAS a manager at Blue Cross get sooo much money? COME ON! Something is fishy in the House of Hendrix.

Jdmdetroit
Username: Jdmdetroit

Post Number: 74
Posted From: 69.246.1.255
Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know something about Comerica. The bank is a huge, multi-state operation and not in any way known for making "fishy" loans.

Comerica is a publicly traded, highly regulated institution that has absolutely no incentive to do special favors for local officials. Local officials do favors for them - because Comerica is a huge local employer and the only locally owned major bank left in SE Michigan.

And beyond that, the Freep story does not say that the whome was the entire collateral for the laon. My guess is that the bulk of the loan is secured with Hendrix' stock in Mulligan's. That would be a typical arrangement.

ILD... I am afraid you are out on a limb on this one. And you are sawing away fast between yourself and the tree trunk.

Bucho
Username: Bucho

Post Number: 319
Posted From: 66.178.218.40
Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, the MPE must be desperate. 3rd in the polls and its July 16th. Me wonders, will they fall to fourth by Aug 2nd? Hmmmmmm

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 880
Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh come on, you guys will do anything to make it right in your minds. Well I will tell you what the masses of Detroit aren't buying it...the talk with them is he is just another guy milking the system like Kwame. Consider the voting base of Detroit - they don't think the way you guys do. The know a cheat when they see one!

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 2641
Posted From: 207.74.110.139
Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And the rumors still flies!!! The golf dome incident won't even make it to 890,000 Detroiters. Hendrix is still in the lead in the Polls by 10% over KING KWAME.

Jdmdetroit

Post Number: 75
Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ya know, ILD...

I have nothing against Sharon McPhail. But your argument isn't helping her at all. It is ridiculous to think that a major bank like Comericab -- which has operations around the country, and has the eyes of several regulators on them at all times -- would have any interest in making a "fishy" loan to a guy like Freman Hendrix. They simply would have nothing to gain from it.

In actuality, the mere fact that Comerica asked Hendrix to put his house on the line shows that they were NOT doing him any special favors. Had they wanted to do that, they could have accepted the investment itself as the only collateral necessary.

(Message edited by jdmdetroit on July 17, 2005)

Brian

Post Number: 2957
Posted From: 67.37.84.68
Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jdmdetroit, you and others never made these statements about the loan for Beatty. It was made from a large bank which is regulated by the same people whom regulate Comerica. Beatty purchased a home where the home is the collateral and in some cases no money down is required.

Bottom line both received loans from a company who is a contractor with the city while they worked for the mayors office.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 8011
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And the mudslinging continues. Do you really wonder why your canidate has just 16% in the polls? Even with the 5% margin of error she comes up several points behind Kwame.

Jdmdetroit

Post Number: 77
Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, Brian... I never said ANYTHING about the loan to Beatty (positive or negative), because I don't know the details. Could you provide some?

I seem to recall that the issue there had to do with how Beatty filled out her home application and whether the information she provided was accurate. So far as I can tell, no such charges were made about Hendrix and his business loan. But like I said, I don't really know all the details.

(Message edited by jdmdetroit on July 17, 2005)

Brian

Post Number: 2960
Posted From: 67.37.83.142
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jdmdetroit. I am, surprised you don't know the details since what you stated was never reported. What was reported is that Beatty received a loan from someone whom received and wanted contracts with Detroit. No wrongdoing was ever alleged but the papers did imply that she was unethical. An accusation not leveled at Hendrix.

(Yall keep editing them posts till you get it right)

Detbest
Username: Detbest

Post Number: 4
Posted From: 216.15.49.129
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was in fact wrongdoing that was alledged with Beatty's mortgage. They showed how her application was not accurate. Namely that she failed to list a second mortgage that her and her husband had outstanding. I remember that distinctly because they talked with a lender who said this information was important for making a decision. Beatty's reply was that she filled out the application as she was instructed by the loan officer.

There was also some talk about the down payment assistance she received. The implication was that it was a program for low and moderate income borrowers. Also, her grant was higher than the average grants that were being made. But, the fact was there were no clear guidelines governing the program and no wrongdoing could be attributed to Beatty for receiving the grant.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1703
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, try sticking to the facts rather than ommissions and false assertions. The media reported that Beatty had (1) credit problems that would not qualify her for the mortgage, (2) created her own letter from the Mayor's office on official stationary, and (3) did not have an appropriate amount of collateral.

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 429
Posted From: 208.39.170.77
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't you just get tried of explaining stuff to some folks. Here read the story...

http://www.detnews.com/2005/me tro/0502/18/D01-93887.htm

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 883
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro - Still does not answer the question to the masses that Hendrix is a rich guy who pulls strings to get what he wants. How did he get so rich being a civil servant and having to climb all those steps? That is the question people are asking? In the minds of the people he is no better than Beatty...Hendrix needs to do some explaining to them not the dozen people on here. Tell your boss that!

1honey

Post Number: 430
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IT IS CALLED INVESTING!!!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 884
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh Honey don't tell me...the people are all talking about it. Still think it is fishy and a good excuse. I invest really good and I make good money...funny how he "invested" with Ed McNamara. There is a scandal there and it will come out soon. Mr Hendrix is NO angel.

1honey

Post Number: 435
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scandal on whom??? Are you speaking of McNamara or Hendrix?

I have read some of your posts and you stated that you have a 400K houses and own properties as well, right? So, how did you get your start?

1honey

Post Number: 437
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD, I have a another question for you? Ready?

If Ms. McPhail doesn't go make the general, do you than support to Kilpatrick or whomever? & why?

Bratt

Post Number: 112
Posted From: 12.172.207.3
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a question. What if......two candidates are going up against eachother for the November election, and one of them for whatever reason, is in trouble with the law...is indicted...or whatever, what happens then? If that person is dropped out of the race? Would there be another primary to fill that spot?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 885
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KIlpatrick...I have stated that before. I think Hendrix is a bigger crook than the populace is allowed to know. I have met him on several occasions and he is rude and arrogant. Plus I can never get anyone to pin point "why" he is so damn good? The "he worked for Archer" does not do it for me.Yes, KK has made mistakes and Yes I do not trust him and Yes I do not respect him as a leader. However, when I have met him (twice) he was downright nice. A KK 2 administration will be vastly improved...he has learned from his mistakes and will do better. However, be clear I do not respect him. I might like him but I do not respect him. Hendrix I do not like nor do I respect him. As far as I am concered Hendrix is a better looking Kk - with less pesonality. The one leg up KK has is that NOW he knows that he has to perform for legacy purposes. Hendrix will just get in office and let it all go to his head. Here is an interesting story. He was suppose to speak at a community event for candidates near my house. One of my neighbors who is voting for Hendrix (or at least I think she still is) went to listen to him speak. He did not show up - just told the organizers to watch his video - some Hendrix rep., said that he is unable to attend community events anymore because he is to busy but the video would explain all, KK stopped in a for a few minutes and shook hands, McPhail spoke and I am not sure if Hansen was there - she did not say. There is a good example of arrogance..."watch a video I am to busy". There were 150 people there from what she said. You can put me down all you want Honey and try to tell me I am wrong but I will not change my mind. Besides I am still quite sure that McPhail will make the primary.

Bratt

Post Number: 114
Posted From: 69.222.55.59
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, ILD, that's all he does......send a video. And yes, you are right, he is very arrogant...cocky....call it whatever you want. I don't know about yall, but I can't stand cocky. This is the time to get out and meet people, talk to people, shake their hands..get to know what the people want.

I think he is so confident that he will make it past the primary, that he doesn't need to do all of the little stuff. But you know what, that will hurt him in the end. God does not like ugly.

NO MORE BIG PIMPIN' ON THE CITY'S DIME!

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 73
Posted From: 69.246.49.148
Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ha...send a video. This guy is ridiculously funny. Freeman must not realize that the PEOPLE are the ones that elect the Mayor. To me its just more of the same BS. I wonder if I could get one of those videos so I could see what he has to offer?

1honey

Post Number: 440
Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote...
You can put me down all you want Honey and try to tell me I am wrong but I will not change my mind.

I have never tried to put you down or tried to change your mind.

Just asked you a question, nothing more or less than that.

Rosedaleken
Username: Rosedaleken

Post Number: 33
Posted From: 68.40.42.98
Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD, you mention that no one has pinpointed why Hendrix is so good. Fair enough, I can't either. But everyone knows why Kwame is so bad. I wasn't there for the video incident so i'll just say it sounds like it was in poor taste. I just know I'd honestly vote for a straight-up asshole who has a .5% chance of getting results before I give another chance to KK. To think that he can duck this sht and apologize before the election is the purest form of arrogance to me. He's embarassment personified and he's got to go.

Hopefully it will be McPhail Hendrix in November... we'll see soon enough. If not though, do what u gotta do.

1honey

Post Number: 444
Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rosedaleken you are correct. I would write a name in before voting for him, again. NO WAY!!!

Brian

Post Number: 2963
Posted From: 68.73.32.74
Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

try sticking to the facts rather than ommissions and false assertions. The media reported that Beatty had (1) credit problems that would not qualify her for the mortgage, (2) created her own letter from the Mayor's office on official stationary, and (3) did not have an appropriate amount of collateral.

Since the bank approved the loan and no charges have been filed it seems that the reported facts are ones the media exploited but not necessarily important to the lender. But what the media and you MD and your candidate does not point out is its a crime if the lender files charges. Why did the media not do this same investigating on Hendrix' loan? Will it reveal facts that would damage his candidacy? How can this be objective when they are endorsing folks?

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1707
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 2:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, sorry forgot #4 False information on the loan application (Beatty)

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 894
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rose - We all have choices in life. Mine is to support Sharon McPhail fully! And I am confident that she will make it to General Election in November. And that she will win.