Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » ::::::Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread - 1 » Channel 7 and Hendrix Pull Potentially Illegal Move « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 903
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apparently Channel 7 upon receipt of Kilpatrick's attack ad on Hendrix called Hendrix and showed him the commercial beforehand. Hendrix ran out and produced a commercial that day to run against Kilpatrick's commercial refuting what KK said? Isn't this a total break of integrity on Channel 7? As I have said all along the papers and TV stations (other than Fox2, Michigan Citizen) are all so biased towards Hendrix that they will do anything to help their man win. I am no fan of KKs but this is an insult to the people of Detroit! I doubt it will make the major news because no one will run anything negative on Hendrix. Yes, and I suppose you want proof Jams...well have you noticed that the commercials started running at the same time? Stay tuned this may actaully be a big story if someone has the guts to run it.

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 3807
Posted From: 68.43.31.87
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sources?

"Apparently" isn't a source.

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 2970
Posted From: 67.37.83.4
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps it explains why Mildred Gaddis has Steve Wilson on her show now but was criticizing him and calling him a bully when Dr. Burnley alleged he was shoved and accosted by Wilson during other 'investigative' stories.

Politics make strange bedfellows. But they ultimately are after money.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 123
Posted From: 12.172.207.3
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone seen an ad where Big Pimpin' is attacking Hendrix? I haven't seen one yet...if so, what station is airing it?

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 933
Posted From: 4.229.72.221
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD, how can you talk about integrity and "Michigan Citizen" in the same sentence...

That is the most twisted "Anti-Archer" piece of crap I've ever seen.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 916
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh please, Archer is not as loved across the city as you think Gistok. The Citizen is the UNBIASED voice of the people...they don't even endorse in a mayor's race.

Bratt - I have not seen it but I have talked to a couple of friends who have and they said it did not paint Hendrix in a positive light.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 1891
Posted From: 68.249.44.147
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD,
Why should I bother asking for proof? You never have any. I find you and a couple of others (if you think I meant you, you're probably right) a BUFFOON.

We face one of the most critical elecions in the history of this City, yet you offer nothing regarding your candidate that is positive, except in your own mind. Yet you and others run to your keyboards to post any bits of RUMOUR and INNUENDO (Yes again, that term) that you seem to gleefully enjoy.

I agree Sharon is a warm, personable, caring candidate, BUT I don't believe she can realistically come through with her promises.

Show me how. That is my whole point.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 917
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams - It was on 1400 AM Fobbs show and the Karen Dumas show. I don't care about giving you proof...you really are completely annoying. You blast everyone and tell them they are wrong. If a McPhail supporter says anything we are wrong. You never chastise the Hendrix supporters and pretend to be soooo neutral. You try to link McPhail supporters with her and that is just plain stupid....we are just volunteers who care compasionately about our candidate and our city - we are not McPhail or as far as I know a staff member.

All you care about is proving everyone else wrong! You never had any intent of supporting her. Her ideas are sound and strong. Your entire thought process is completely crazy. You ask and ask for information and we provide it - in fact you complimented me once for providing you with info. I am tired of you and people like you. Take your vote and do what you want with it. Frankly I don't care what you as an individual.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 2679
Posted From: 207.74.111.85
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Campaign mudslinging from KING KWAME Six Mile Smurf Mafia committee to Hendrix isn't working. Hendrix is still leading the polls for the August Primary and beyond to the November election.

Boshna
Username: Boshna

Post Number: 70
Posted From: 68.60.137.62
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Six Mile Smurf Mafia? This excites me.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 1892
Posted From: 68.249.44.147
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD,

quote:

I don't care about giving you proof...you really are completely annoying. You blast everyone and tell them they are wrong. If a McPhail supporter says anything we are wrong. You never chastise the Hendrix supporters and pretend to be soooo neutral. You try to link McPhail supporters with her and that is just plain stupid....we are just volunteers who care compasionately about our candidate and our city - we are not McPhail or as far as I know a staff member.

I try to be annoying!

I despise stupid rumours passed off as fact. I rarely see other candidates' supporters attack the candidates the way you and several others do.
That is why I don't question them as frequently, they usually have supporting evidence.

I ask my questions because I care passionately about the City I choose to live.

And, yes, I am neutral regarding ALL of the candidates because I see none of them having the leadership qualities that this City deserves.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 918
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well la dee da Jams...I care about this city to. And I gave you proof go listen to those radio shows or are so trapped in your little world that you can't see beyond it? What do you want? You rarely see other candidates attacked? Are you blind? The McPhail supporters can't post one f***ing postive thing without being attacked by people? Everything on taxes, education etc.... it is attacked and made fun of. She is the only one who is offering positive solutions with backup data. We ask you to read the web site and come to events all the time and you never come because you want them come to you? THAT IS WHAT IS ANNOYING. Get off you butt and become and informed voter.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 213
Posted From: 68.249.237.236
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

" I don't care about giving you proof"

If you took a SECOND to know JAMS, you'd realize he's not only caring, but one of the most informed, get to know everything before making a decision people you'd ever meet, especially about the city he loves.

Jams doesn't need me at all to say anything about this, but I'm sick of you tearing at him incessantly over what are honest questions. Lord/Allah/Brahma knows, in the past discussions I've had with him he's thorough to say the least and informed not only about what's here today but what has happened in the past.

He asks for proof because rumour and innuendo does nothing for anybody... look, I know rumours about all three candidates but because I can't tell if they're FACT and they're not backed up by FACTS then I don't post them to the public for the simple reason is that it is wrong, hurtful, and uncivilized. Beyond that, let's talk about the real issues facing the city, especially if that's what this is supposed to be about.

And, even if you think you know it's fact, you've gotta show proof... you should know that even better with the experience the candidate you supports' had with things like this. She's not the only one offering positive solutions, and she's not the only one offering data, or books to reference the ideas from.

In politics, in this country, you've got to bring your case to the VOTERS not the other way around. It's a candidate's responsibility if they want to be elected. So it's your burden to show proof... Of course, that could explain the current polling results.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 125
Posted From: 69.216.116.161
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams, you are right. Sharon is warm and caring, and it is nice to hear you say that. And I understand that you just want to know the facts. How is she going to put her plans into place. That makes alot of sense, and it's nice to know that there are people out there with open minds.

I know that the days of the primary are coming to a close very, very soon. I also know that the people on this forum are people who truly care about Detroit. It is very evident with all of the bickering that has been going back and forth. But all of that bickering is healthy...it just shows our passion for a great city.

Just as long as the end results are a better Detroit. We only have a little over a week left to get to know the candidates better (or, if you are really a gambler, give Kwame another chance).

But let's all be intelligent about it. We all want the same end results, we just have to figure out how we are going to get there.

Peace.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 919
Posted From: 68.40.226.188
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good post Bratt...better than my frustrated angrey one!

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1724
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of "a total break of integrity", did anyone notice that "The Michigan Citizen" quietly began using the $210,000+ figure that the rest of the media (as well as the auditor general) cited rather than the mere $9,000 figure that they first quoted in their credit card story.

Yet still, no explanation of why/how public documents that the current administration claims cannot be found (both theirs as well as the previous administration) would/could be "exposed" by "an anonymous source"? Also "The Michigan Citizen" conveniently omitted that Archer promptly reimbursed the city for certain credit card charges, dropping his figure down to $178,000+.

Not to mention sponsoring and promoting an event such as "The Sambo Awards" as well as advocating for a cop killer using erroneous reports of his behavior and testimony.

"Unbiased voice of the people" indeed! Talk about an insult to the people of Detroit!

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 7
Posted From: 68.248.17.29
Posted on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of the Citizen, did anyone hear them on "Talk of the Town" this morning? I knew they were supporting Kwame, but their arguments for his re-election were ridiculous. I expected better from Frankie Darcell.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 677
Posted From: 68.255.243.36
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 1:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The Citizen is the UNBIASED voice of the people.

Bullshit. People have biases. If there were people involved with it, there's a bias.

quote:

they don't even endorse in a mayor's race.

So? I haven't endorsed anyone either. Does that make me the UNBIASED voice of the people, too?

Fnemecek

Post Number: 678
Posted From: 68.255.243.36
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 1:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I knew they were supporting Kwame, but their arguments for his re-election were ridiculous.

Is there an argument for his re-election that isn't ridiculous?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 938
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek - You have found your political voice good for you - you have been quiet on here and you regardless of your politics you are one poster who I respect.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 690
Posted From: 69.212.46.63
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, ILD.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 948
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek - Now just vote for McPhail I know you want to :-)

Did you see the Historical Preservation Scorecard? She received the highest score.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 695
Posted From: 69.212.34.250
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I saw that. I'm actually torn between the three non-Kwame candidates. Which one I'll vote for pretty much changes on a day-to-day basis.

Today, I'm in the Clarke camp. We'll see who I eventually vote for.