Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit City Council Election Super Thread » Sarah Snow for City Council » New Endorsement for Sarah Snow « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jdmdetroit
Username: Jdmdetroit

Post Number: 96
Posted From: 170.20.11.59
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

July 26, 2005

Carol Moseley Braun supports Sarah Snow for Detroit City Council

Former senator, ambassador and presidential candidate Carol Moseley Braun today endorsed human rights worker Sarah Snow for the Detroit City Council.

"I'm so proud of Sarah," Moseley Braun said, "Her mother was one of the key people to help me get elected my first time out. I am just so pleased to learn of Sarah's candidacy. It is wonderful that Sarah is carrying on the tradition of dedicated positive political activism. She has marvelous ideas and I hope she can get into position to use them."

Snow said the endorsement from Moseley Braun is another indication that her campaign of solid ideas, high ethical standards and optimism about Detroit's future is in high gear.

"As a first-time candidate, I am thrilled to have someone like Carol as a supporter," Sarah said. "I will value her moral support and mentorship as a member of the Detroit City Council."

Candidate Sarah Snow is believes in: fiscal responsibility and efficiency; innovative community redevelopment; high ethical standards, reducing crime, building a foundation for our youth, respecting our seniors; and advancing the realization of Detroit's central role in the region and in Michigan.

Candidate Sarah Snow is an experienced City employee and human rights worker, with a Masters degree in urban policy, a career in community development, and wide-ranging financial experience. She has created and sustained youth programs, and has attained cooperation from diverse groups. She has the credentials and temperament Detroit needs at this crucial time.

To learn more about Sarah Snow and her campaign, visit her Web site at http://www.snow4council.net.

###

Paid for by the Friends of Sarah Snow

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 492
Posted From: 64.139.64.80
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good job sara!

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 2704
Posted From: 141.217.173.154
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sarah Snow will be in the council. She got support from the DPS board, and DFT. Now she have go out the black communities and tell them to stand up and vote for her. And in return she will fight corruption in the council.

(Message edited by danny on July 26, 2005)

Bostedguy
Username: Bostedguy

Post Number: 15
Posted From: 69.212.62.24
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am voting for her. New blood, good background, good attitude.