Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » ::::::Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread - 1 » Vote McPhail...because she's endorsed by dead people « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 8215
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too funny! A guy just came through the neighborhood passing out some McPhail paper. Front page states "Only candidate endorsed by Colemand A Young." Its a sad day when you gotta go to endorsements of dead people because you can't gather support from the living! hahaha

4nointegreedy
Username: 4nointegreedy

Post Number: 15
Posted From: 68.73.53.27
Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A LEGEND lives forever. FH is endorsed by Archer, someone whom he wished was dead when he left that admin.

Morena
Username: Morena

Post Number: 253
Posted From: 68.42.173.147
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sport:

I think she'll get dead votes from some of those 600,000 plus registered voters Curie claims we got in Detroit. It's her only chance to win.

BTW: In case anyone starts wondering, the guy I bought my house from died in 1998 and he still gets is absentee ballot request form from Currie's office every election since. He also receives candidate literature - whattawaste!

4nointegreedy

Post Number: 18
Posted From: 68.73.53.27
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 3:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have you botheredd to notify her office of this.

Bostedguy
Username: Bostedguy

Post Number: 66
Posted From: 69.217.228.142
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 7:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is the responsibility of the City Clerk to check death notices, which are registered, so that the city doesn't WASTE MONEY sending literature to deceased persons. It is not the responsibility of the person living in the house after they die. VOTE OUT JACKIE CURRIE!

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3185
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

INCORRECT: It is NOT "the responsibility of the City Clerk to check death notices, which are registered, so that the city doesn't WASTE MONEY sending literature to deceased persons. It is not the responsibility of the person living in the house after they die." Got another dumb-ass posting .....

It is the responsibility of the Secretary of State to check death "certificates" which are issued by the County Clerks. The Republican administration of George Bush, John Engler and the white girl from Macomb County changed the election rules (Motor Voter Law) during their administration in the 90's; which stated that City/Municipal Clerks MAY NOT PURGE their lists except when sent new lists/directives from the Republican Secretary of State. Go figure .... on T. Lynn (sp?)

However, it is the responsibility of the next of kin, new home owner, or anyone else with knowledge of deaths to notify the SECRETARY OF STATE of such occurrences.

Damn, how pervasive is the ignorance, "white supremacy" and handle changing up-in-here!!

Black-atcha .... VOTING FOR the Honorable JACKIE CURRIE, City Clerk

4nointegreedy

Post Number: 24
Posted From: 12.2.196.17
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Morena, Bost- GOT THAT. Morena have you out of your concern of waste contacted anyone like a good responsible citizen?

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 3534
Posted From: 141.217.119.145
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The Republican administration of George Bush, John Engler and the white girl from Macomb County changed the election rules (Motor Voter Law) during their administration in the 90's

Point of clarification, Motor Voter was passed by Congress in 1993 (when the Democratic Party held the majority and signed into law by Bill Clinton). George Bush was still the owner of the Texas Rangers at that point. http://www.motorvoter.com/

Carry on...

(Message edited by Jelk on August 01, 2005)

Morena

Post Number: 258
Posted From: 216.45.2.138
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NoIntegrity and Rasputz:

FYI - I contacted the Clerk's Office in 1998 (shortly after his death and before the November election) to inform them - 7 years later, nothing's changed.

Currie is interested in wanting to show Detroit has a high percentage of registered voters - makes it look like she's doing her job. According to her numbers, Detroit has approx. 70% of the residents registered.

BTW: Kilpatrick challenged the accuracy of her numbers during the last mayoral election. Kilpatrick claims that the actual number of registered voters is approx. 400,000.

It's time for Currie to go. She has done a lot of good during her time but she really needs to go out to pasture. We should have Cathy Garrett in charge of both the City and County Clerk's Offices - It would be a cost savings and Cathy would get things done!

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 2746
Posted From: 141.217.173.169
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Morena,

Jackie Currie stays; absolutely she did a very fine job handing out the Detroit political network. I don't see nothing wrong with her. She stays away from from the Jewish and Asian controlled biased media. And she would get the job done.

(Message edited by danny on August 01, 2005)

Rasputin

Post Number: 3193
Posted From: 205.188.116.201
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to agree with you Danny, this time.

The dumb-ass above needs to register his protest with the SECRETARY of STATE, not the Clerk!! If he does register it with the Clerk, it will be forwarded to Lansing .... and nothing done until Lansing responds.

Jelk ... the Motor Voter Law was intoduced and walked through Congress during the George H. Bush administration (even tho signed by Clinton), when your ass was still pissing in the bed!! Go figure ....

Black-atcha ....

Morena

Post Number: 270
Posted From: 216.45.2.138
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Rasputz:

Fuck you! I don't need to do a damn thing and I sure as hell ain't doing Currie's job that she gets paid well for!

I ain't got no protest. Currie's time is up.

Watching dead men continue to receive political mail from the Clerk and a bunch of politicians who don't even realize they're wasting their money.

Bostedguy

Post Number: 68
Posted From: 69.212.58.193
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin, I stand corrected on that point. However, while I was ill-informed, I can assure you that my IQ is considerably higher than yours. Hence, I am no "dumb-ass," or if I am, your ass is even dumber than mine. Perhaps my confusion stems from the fact that I CALLED JACKIE CURRIE'S OFFICE FIVE YEARS AGO TO HAVE THE PREVIOUS HOMEOWNER REMOVED AND I STILL GET MAILINGS FOR THAT PERSON TO THIS DAY! Vote that incompetent woman out of office. And quit with the "white supremacy" crap. I don't care what color anybody is as long they can run the city efficiently.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 163
Posted From: 69.216.104.234
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Question then: since I receive 3 voter registration cards and can vote in 3 different names...and since I brought it to Ms. Currie's attention and nothing was done...who should I forward my concern to? Is that a state thing? I would call Lansing, but don't know who to call and probably wouldn't even waste my time.

Question: Since I did receive 3 voter registration cards, does that mean that I can legally vote 3 different times?

I have a cousin also who is married, and she receives two cards, one in her maiden name and one in her married name. So I would guess that their number of registered voters in the city is actually wrong.

I'm not blaming it all on Ms. Currie though, I've been getting these cards for awhile. The system is screwed up.

Bostedguy

Post Number: 69
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Currie has been in for "awhile."

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 3535
Posted From: 172.139.33.117
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From John Conyer's Congressional Website:

quote:

In Mr. Conyers' 35 years in Congress, some of his major accomplishments include: the Violence Against Women Act of 1994, the Motor Voter Bill of 1993, the Martin Luther King Holiday Act of 1983, the Alcohol Warning Label Act of 1988, the Jazz Preservation Act of 1987, and was the driving force behind the Help America Vote Act of 2002.

http://www.house.gov/conyers/n ews_biography.htm

John Conyers huh? That's some hell of a Republican plot.

Bostedguy

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who is ill-informed now, Raspy?

Helfy
Username: Helfy

Post Number: 85
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny, what does religeon have to do with this? Jewish and asian controlled media? Are you a crackpot? and better yet no ne even comments on it? Unbelieveable!

Bostedguy

Post Number: 72
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apparently, Danny is a crackpot.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 974
Posted From: 68.42.170.20
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny is so sad - typical Hendrix brainwashed voter.

Rasputin

Post Number: 3198
Posted From: 205.188.116.201
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey dumb-ass-with-time-on-her-hand s-Jelk: reread my last post and do it very carefully. You might want to have someone with "comprehension skills" read it to ya so you don't keep walking around being stoopid!!

Black-atcha ..... (shaking my head and lol)