Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » ::::::Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread - 1 » Interesting Editorial Letter « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Morena
Username: Morena

Post Number: 257
Posted From: 68.42.173.147
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 3:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From the Freep - Sat. July 30th:

Hendrix mistaken

As the most recent employer of one of the leading candidates for mayor of Detroit, I made a decision some time ago not to comment in any way on that election.

However, I must set the record straight on two assertions made by Freman Hendrix in your July 21 article "Behind the scenes veteran moves into the spotlight."

First, no employee in the history of Strategic Staffing Solutions Inc. (S3) has ever had a salary of $450,000 per year.

Second, we have never paid an employee to "play golf four days a week." The suggestion that we would is an insult to our 950 employees who work incredibly hard to deliver the best possible service to our customers.

The only way any employee of S3 would play golf so frequently would be if they did it after hours or on vacation.

Cynthia J. Pasky
Founder, President and CEO
Strategic Staffing Solutions

Detroit

4nointegreedy
Username: 4nointegreedy

Post Number: 19
Posted From: 68.73.53.27
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 3:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She should have really cleared the air by giving the real figures.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 109
Posted From: 64.79.86.206
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hendrix was being ironical in that interview! doesn't anyone get mild irony? Clearly, he never meant to announce his real salary to the public - he was ironically pointing out his surprise, after a lifetime in government, how the private sector appeared to him.

By the way, my neighbor (a mid-level manager in a banking corporation) golfed on company time three times last week.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 975
Posted From: 68.42.170.20
Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Soutwest - You idiot! Hendrix lied because his EGO is so pathetically big. Cindy Pasky must really be sick of him (as I reported a few months ago) to have written that letter. You Hendrix FOOLS will do anything you can to make and excuse for that asshole!