Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » Watch Steve Wilson TONIGHT « Previous Next »
Watch Steve Wilson TONIGHT - 1Detbest99 08-05-05  8:19 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Steve_wilson_wxyztv
Username: Steve_wilson_wxyztv

Post Number: 118
Posted From: 172.174.169.198
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I'm not questioning Mr. Wilson's motives or his facts," writres Detbest. "It just seems that some may be missing the forest for the trees...When you have reporters and County Regiters trying to understand fairly complex financial deals sometimes things can get lost in the shuffle as it relates to properly understanding the deal."

Look, anyone who can read the documents (and I've asked to have the three $1,050,000 mortgages and the $3 million mortgage posted on our wesbite but it might not happen until Monday) can read what it says and what it does NOT say about collateral. Or, I suppose as seems to be the case here, those who have not read the actual document can GUESS what it says or what it means.

It MIGHT also be true there are other documents but, gee, wouldn't you think Hendrix would be falling all over himself to pull them out and show he's telling the truth?

I'm certainly not above an honest mistake but I've reported nothing that is not fully supported by the public record...and Hendrix nor any of the others nor the bank have come forward with anything to contradict the record.

Have you seen the mortgage, Detbest? You claim: "The loan was for an equity investment that was secured in part (note "in part") by his home." Please point out, in the recorded mortgage or elsewhere if you have additional information, any other collateral involved in this $1,050,000 loan, or the $3 million to the business, for that matter.

"

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 2784
Posted From: 207.74.110.131
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Mr. Steve Wilson, Now leave Hendrix alone or THE GHETTOMAN will come looking for you in order to take some sence out of you.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 200
Posted From: 69.222.65.147
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steve:

DIG BABY DIG!

Talk to me...tell me what I need to know.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 1497
Posted From: 66.167.58.228
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great post Detbest. I don't think this thread has gone too long; in fact I think it is just warming up. The posts by you, DRM, and Spartacus have done much to elucidate the complexity of this case. Together you have landed several solid punches that have our friend Steve reeling.

Here lies the difference between TV and the web. TV is purely downstream, the voice of big brother against which the audience can only impotently scream and sputter in the isolation of their dens, their voices unheard.

We even see, as in this case, the management of news by the quashing of this story until after the primary by the illuminati at WXYZ. The presentation of even the best news on commercial TV is necessarily shortened and dumbed down into catchy sound bites and attention grabbing stunts. An audience that cannot participate must be entertained; otherwise they click away. Then there are those time slots for lucrative ads that must be created.

Up in here on the web audience and newsmaker are on an equal footing. Upstream meets downstream and the layers of complexity are laid bare by instant audience participation. It is as if Steve was doing a live telecast that couldn’t be cut away and is, in turn, being ambushed by the three of you. Huh? A mortgage isn't a loan? Who do you think would deflecting the microphones and be saying "I'll get back with answers later" then?

Up in here there are no talk show 'screeners' to insure a steady diet of soft balls for the Rush Limbaugh's of the world to hit out of the park, just hard informed questions that enlighten us all.

In fairness to Steve, I have to give him a nod for his gamesmanship of stepping outside the unapproachable confines of the security gated TV station and facing the heat up in here. I also acknowledge the restrictions of time, news directors, station managers and more that limit what he can present on screen. I don’t see many others doing that. [Anybody remember the former MT editor Jeremy Voas huffy appearance and disappearance after a thorough shredding?]

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 772
Posted From: 69.212.229.222
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The Cult of St. Freman grows larger! Fnemecek - Even you have fallen in.

ILD:
The Cult of St. Freman???

Okay, that one hurts my head in so many ways that it ain't even funny. I voted for Hansen Clarke in the primary. Freman Hendrix wasn't my first choice for mayor.

However, this November we have to make a decision between the two candidates who are on the ballot and not the candidates we wish were on it. After everything that I've seen about Hendrix, I have to conclude that comparing him to Kilpatrick when it comes to corruption is like comparing a garden hose to Niagra Falls.

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3005
Posted From: 12.40.94.131
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

1. Beatty made false statements on her loan application. Please show where Hendrix made any false statements on his applications.

2. From media reports, Beatty has bad credit. From all accounts, Mr. and Mrs. Hendrix have excellent credit.

3. Contrary to Hendrix, Beatty does not have other forms of collateral (income, investments, home, etc.).

No charges have been filed.
She entered a bad credit program which MD criticized and claimed she had no right to do. Now he wants to say she was entitled to the bad credit program but still should not have received the loan.
Hendrix had no forms of collateral except his home as did/does beatty.

When Steve investigates Freman, everyone wants him to look the other way or redefine accepted and understood terms.

Sport and others can't handle that their candidate might be dirty. Perhaps Hendrix should not have sold himself on those terms and instead come up with another angle.

But when he and others call everyone who challenges him liars, you don't have much to fall back on.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 8331
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 4:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know DRM, I know DRM's background, I will take DRM's input and knowledge before that of some schmuck who is nothing more than a glorified Jerry Springer.

Brian,

You are just pissed off because your canidate got her ass kicked, just as I predicted. I told you she would, you denied it, said we'd all see when her grass roots supporters stepped up. Said the polls were inaccurate, blah blah blah. Seem to me that the polls were pretty much dead nuts on. Though I must admit, I am VERY surprised that Clarke did not beat McPhail. The amount of support she actually did have shocked me.

So Brian, what do ya do now? LMAO

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1009
Posted From: 68.40.226.188
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell - Excellent post...really an excellent post.

Frenemcek - OK...I am so glad you did not drink the Kool Aid - however, the next few months will tell us which is more crooked of the two. Unfornately I don' think we have seen the last story on Mr Hendrix - I am afraid we are going to be left with three choices this Fall and all of them suck! Vote for:
1) Crook with personality (KK) who we know.
2) Arrogant Crook (Hendrix) who might fix our receivership issue.
3) Don't Vote (which is sad)

Maybe I will write in McPhail at this point Clarke would have been better.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1010
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sport - Grow up. Ok McPhail did not make the primary - you were right neh neh neh...We got it and we are ALL upset. But hey life goes on. We all still have a right to express our views. There were a number of us on here who supported McPhail. What do you want a lopsided room with all Hendrix supporters? I don't see many out KK supporters on here. At least we are keeping this discussion alive! Or do you want the free speech we have on here suppressed and that we all fall in line like a bunch of soldiers and support St Freman? Well I will tell you bitch it ain't happening. I am going to keep calling them both out until I see transparency AND I can make a decision on who I am voting for. So take your anti McPhail rhetoric and stick it where the sun don't shine. She is too much of an intelligent and caring lady to be trashed by the likes of you and Danny et al.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1011
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steve Wilson - I have a question for you? McNamara has been linked to ownership in the dome (I believe the News linked him)...why is that relationship not being more explored? McNamara is ANOTHER public official like Freman who seems to have amassed a large amount of money on a civil servants salary. He came from a Livonia ranch house with 5 or so kids and now he has a million dollar condo in FLA to right by Freman. Any thoughts there?

Spartacus
Username: Spartacus

Post Number: 10
Posted From: 68.40.66.51
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian:

Why do you continually try to compare this to the Beatty situation? To my mind the worst thing about the Beatty situation was that Fifth Third provided her with a grant (i.e., free money) for her downpayment on a home. The grant was given as part of a program for low-income home buyers. I understand that Fifth Third did not have any bright line definition, at the time, of what constitutes low-income, but it is hard to imagine Beatty, with her fat six figure income could be low-income. The other issue was that the grant was much larger than what was normal given. Please stop trying to confuse the issue by continually bringing her up.

Supersport

Post Number: 8333
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"At least we are keeping this discussion alive! Or do you want the free speech we have on here suppressed"

Agreed. This is "Discuss Detroit" after all.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1775
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ilovedetroit" you should absolutely write in McPhail in November since you were such a "strong" supporter who guaranteed victory. Afterall, if the various excuses (such as the heat that day, "Real Detroiters"/activists not voting, etc.) are accurate, McPhail should be able to pull a huge write-in upset in the general election.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1776
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. Wilson, using "Ilovedetroit's" "line of reasoning", you should also 'investigate' John Dingell (among many others). He has amassed a small fortune as well. Oh wait, his wife is well-educated and works as well...nevermind.

Bratt

Post Number: 203
Posted From: 69.216.130.247
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

""Ilovedetroit" you should absolutely write in McPhail in November since you were such a "strong" supporter who guaranteed victory. Afterall, if the various excuses (such as the heat that day, "Real Detroiters"/activists not voting, etc.) are accurate, McPhail should be able to pull a huge write-in upset in the general election."

Metro: Have I told you lately how much I love you?

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 523
Posted From: 208.39.170.77
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McNamara isn't running for mayor in the City of Detroit. HE is not running for any politcal seat. Also, he is not in a public seat ILD.

Drm
Username: Drm

Post Number: 661
Posted From: 68.250.42.85
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have the mortgages been posted yet?

Steve_wilson_wxyztv

Post Number: 121
Posted From: 24.221.70.68
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Drm, mortgage docs (for Hendrix, his two investment partners, and the Comerica loan to their company...so that's 4) are all available here:

http://www.wxyz.com/wxyz/ys_in vestigations/article/0,2132,WX YZ_15949_3974977,00.html

Maybe some of the posters here could compare these to documents for their own loans and see how similar they actually are.

Spartacus

Post Number: 12
Posted From: 209.114.251.65
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, now we can all review these documents.

Steve, please explain how you determined that Mr. Hendrix's home was the only collateral for this loan? I don't see anything in the Mortgage that could fairly lead somone to that conclusion.

To remind everyone, Steve Wilson, in his August 5, post claimed:

"The mortgage document shows the only collateral held by the bank was Hendrix home."

This isn't a minor point. It is at the crux of this whole issue. If Mr. Hendrix provided additional collateral to the bank then there is nothing (on the surface at least) wrong or even unusual with this transaction.

Bratt

Post Number: 206
Posted From: 12.172.207.3
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, if there is other forms of collateral. The title of the document states "continuing collateral"...does anyone know what other collateral he used?

How much is his house worth in Detroit?

Wcpo_intern
Username: Wcpo_intern

Post Number: 1681
Posted From: 68.60.140.71
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would think that in a mortgage situation, anything that can't be proven in court, doesn't exist. Would you want to be the person that had to use that document to prove what you could take from Hendrix's estate if he filled bankruptcy or died? I can guarantee that any attorney acting as the administrator of his estate would be disbarred and sued if he gave the bank one penny outside of the listed collateral. That's a big loophole considering we all die and considering there's no provision to make a payment before Hendrix dies.

In most states, the bank's undisclosed collateral would also take a back seat to any second, third, or fourth mortgages. Anything else wouldn't be fair to later creditors since they wouldn't have any way to know what they were getting themselves into. Please tell me that you acknowledge that banks use debt to equity ratios in their loan decisions.

Wcpo_intern
Username: Wcpo_intern

Post Number: 1682
Posted From: 68.60.140.71
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

According to Black's Law Dictionary:

Continuing: (Of status or power) that neeeds no renewal; enduring.

Continuing Guaranty: A guaranty that governs a course in dealing for an indefinite time or by a succession of credits.

Based upon this, I believe a Judge would take the term "continuing collateral mortgage" to mean a mortgage where the amount of the mortgage can be increased or renewed without having to write a new mortgage agreement.

Not only doesn't Hendrix have to pay down the mortgage, he can increase it without having to record a new document that his other creditors would be able to view.

Spartacus

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WCPO, what you, Steve, and others fail to realize is that a Mortgage does not stand on its own (or at least not in the vast majority of situations). A Mortgage is almost always accompanied by a Mortgage Note. The Mortgage Note is the promise to pay. The Mortage Note contains the payment terms. The Mortgage is used to perfect the security interest in the property. Basically the mortage gives notice to the world that a debt exists and there is a lien on the house, many mortgages, like the one signed by Mr. Hendrix, also contain specific language about the property liened (e.g., you need to keep the property insured, the bank can foreclose if you default on the Note, etc.).

In a business loan situation, like this. There is also often a loan agreement. The loan agreement would provide for the $1,050,000 line of credit. The loan agreement would also provide collateral terms. It could, for example, say that the bank gets a second mortgage on your home, you have to keep XXX amount in an account at Comerica as security, you have to pledge your stock in the Mulligan entity and it could go on and on.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is a small sliver of a larger transaction. The Morgage in and of itself is not unusual.

I have not problem with people investigating. Please do, just get the facts straight. This type of reporting is like a Michael Moore movie. It takes rather mundane facts and makes them somehow sound sinister to the uninformed.

Spartacus

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WCPO that is exactly what a mortage like this is supposed to accomplish. Have you ever heard of a home equity line of credit? You take out money based on need. Every time you take out a draw you don't have to record a new mortgage.

Drm

Post Number: 662
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. Wilson, thanks for having these mortgages posted.

What you've got here are standard Comerica commercial mortgages. The promise to pay is contained in other documents, as referenced on page 1: "to be paid according to certain note(s), guaranty(ies), letter of credit arrangement(s), or other evidence of indebtedness". There is nothing in these mortgages by which anyone in the clerk's office (or anywhere else) can tell you anything about the underlying loan -- not even the amount, since Hendrix could have signed a limited guaranty.

Contact a lender at Comerica (or any other bank) and ask to see a form of commercial mortgage for further verification. You could also ask them for a form of homeowner's purchase money mortgage to see the difference.

WCPO, only security interests in real property or fixtures are recorded in the land records. If other collateral is pledged the bank would file a UCC-1 Financing Statement with the Michigan Secretary of State to perfect its interest against third parties. There are some exceptions, such as vehicle titles, but most security interests are perfected by filing with the land records in the county where property is located or with the State in which the debtor is located (see Article 9 of the UCC).

Comerica intends the mortgage to secure all indebtedness of the mortgagor to the bank, thus the words "continuing collateral" in the title and what is known as a "dragnet" clause in paragraph (ii) on page 1 of the mortgage. You'll notice the words "THIS IS A FUTURE ADVANCE MORTGAGE" on page 1. These words are required under Michigan law if the mortgage is intended to secure money advanced by the bank after the date of the mortgage (such as in Sparacus' home equity example above).

Bottom line -- There is no evidence of wrongdoing based upon these mortgages.

Bratt

Post Number: 207
Posted From: 69.222.67.187
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't give a shit about wrongdoing...how can a sistah get one of these? Someone tell me if I can walk into Comerica tomorrow and get one of these and what do I have to do? A regular person who has worked for 30 years? I own a home, have a very good job...TELL ME WHO CAN I SEE? How can I get the hook up?

Drm

Post Number: 664
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt, you want one of what?

Mr. Wilson said on 8/5/05 at 9:59 pm:

quote:

I'm certainly not above an honest mistake but I've reported nothing that is not fully supported by the public record...and Hendrix nor any of the others nor the bank have come forward with anything to contradict the record.

We can all now read the public record for ourselves. Nothing that Mr. Wilson has stated is "fully supported by the public record."

The sad part is that people like Bratt, above, will still believe that Mr. Wilson has actually unearthed evidence of wrongdoing. What will Mr. Wilson do to correct the record?

Supersport

Post Number: 8388
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DRM,

I know, I know...he will:

kingkwame

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 680
Posted From: 150.198.150.244
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Based, on what I have read I will believe Drm who seems to have a lot of knowledge in this field vs. Mr. Wilson a reporter trying to attract ratings. I watch a report I don't even remember Mr.Wilson using a financial expert in the piece.

Bratt

Post Number: 214
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DRM:

Read my post, I don't care about that. He probably didn't do anything wrong or illegal. I just wanted to know can anyone get one of these loans....or do you have to know somebody..

Drm

Post Number: 669
Posted From: 68.249.239.68
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt, what kind of loan do you want to get?

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1520
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DRM and Spartacus, I hope you are keeping track of your time and billing Steve and WXYZ $300 an hour. [Yeah, I know, that's a discount rate but consider it a donation from the forum.]

Great stuff BTW.

Steve_wilson_wxyztv

Post Number: 122
Posted From: 172.192.118.48
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What all this has proven to ME?

Whether you love Kwame or your love Freman or you just love to stir the pot, documented facts (and lack of them from one candidate or the other) will not sway some people from continuing to support who they wish to support...which is fine, of course, but do we ALL want to bury our heads in the sand and disregard whatever facts come to light?

Brian

Post Number: 3017
Posted From: 67.37.83.191
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does Hendrix have a mortgage, other than this one, on his home in Bretton drive?

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 218
Posted From: 68.252.69.237
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's proven you need to go get some documents...

It's also proven, knowing what I do about approximate real estate values in those neighborhoods listed on the documents, that the combination of the three properties could probably provide sufficient collateral for a $1,050,000 loan.

And voila! That particular mystery is solved.

I added this after I got up to put away dishes...

I know that as a business owner, horrible cash crunches come when people don't pay, or hold out till the last minute. I can't even imagine it would be like to have my whole office and ability to make money destroyed, like the golf center was.

At times, when there has been a good credit and/or repayment history, banks will loan money to those to get the business back on it's feet if it's proven it has strong revenues, has collateral (such as the land it is on), and/or a multitude of factors.

So a 3 million dollar loan to get a business back on it's feet is not unheard of, even for things like an ownership stake. Yes, it is way more than most folks will deal with, but when you work in the numbers that a larger business does, it's not uncommon... we see those kinds of deals in rescue packages quite frequently in the financial news.

I don't know how those dates match up for that case, but it's a thought.

(Message edited by Digitalvision on August 11, 2005)

Drm

Post Number: 673
Posted From: 68.249.239.68
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

What all this has proven to ME?

Whether you love Kwame or your love Freman or you just love to stir the pot, documented facts (and lack of them from one candidate or the other) will not sway some people from continuing to support who they wish to support...which is fine, of course, but do we ALL want to bury our heads in the sand and disregard whatever facts come to light?

Mr. Wilson, the "documented facts" are four mortgages. I haven't seen anyone disregard them on this thread. In fact, I have seen several people with experience and knowledge in the field spend a lot of time interpreting them for free. I've also seen some legal research, again for free.

Mr. Wilson, the fact is that the documents you've found are evidence of nothing except that Hendrix and his business partners had some sort of financial dealings with Comerica Bank. You attempted to spin them into something else and you got called out.

Supersport

Post Number: 8404
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Somebody got schooled up in here.

Spartacus

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't speak for others, but I'm a little insulted that Steve Wilson has dismissed this board's legitimate questions/criticisms of his story as somehow partisan.

One could argue that what this has really proven is that certain reporters in this city like to make sensational accusations, whether they are founded in fact or not seems to be of no consequence. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. When confronted with conflicting facts then question the motives of the messenger.

Spartacus

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian: The Comerica mortgage references a pre-existing mortgage on the property.

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1523
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good point Sparticus [post 16]. To reiterate what I said ^^ way up there.

quote:

Up in here on the web audience and newsmaker are on an equal footing. Upstream meets downstream and the layers of complexity are laid bare by instant audience participation. It is as if Steve was doing a live telecast that couldn’t be cut away and is, in turn, being ambushed by the three of you. Huh? A mortgage isn't a loan? Who do you think would deflecting the microphones and be saying "I'll get back with answers later" then?

Up in here there are no talk show 'screeners' to insure a steady diet of soft balls for the Rush Limbaugh's of the world to hit out of the park, just hard informed questions that enlighten us all.

Strange what happens when the shoe is on the other foot, isn't it?

"You can run but you can't hide." Joe Louis
[A real Detroiter who just as easily could have been talking about the cyber age.]

Supersport

Post Number: 8409
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can somebody put together a gif of forum charactors bumping a gif of Steve Wilson of some walls with a camera in his face? That would be cool.

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 1284
Posted From: 68.248.55.151
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

THANK YOU channel 2 FOX news, for the update on the Wayne county building scaffolding.

Guess steve is too busy slaying windmills.

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 710
Posted From: 68.42.168.234
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Guess steve is too busy slaying windmills."

That might be one of the funniest post I have read in a while. LOL :-)

Histeric
Username: Histeric

Post Number: 457
Posted From: 68.43.166.103
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 4:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell and JMil. Thank you. You just turned a bitter, salty arrogant prick happy for a moment. Yea, I am talking about me. Absolutely Priceless.

Steve_wilson_wxyztv

Post Number: 123
Posted From: 24.4.144.153
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think everything that CAN be said here HAS been said here, though not every single one of you has had an opportunity to say it.

Let me close my part of this discussion with a thought:

Sparticus has written:

"...what this has really proven is that certain reporters in this city like to make sensational accusations, whether they are founded in fact or not seems to be of no consequence."

That's a lot of malarkey and most of you know it, I'm sure. How many reporters in this town regularly read your postings here? How many of them provide information to clarify and explain what you may have misunderstood in their reporting? And how many are, using their own names in their own posts, willing to consider valid information, even when critical or contrary to their own points?

Given some of the crap written about me personally here and my supposed motives, I can see why the answer to the above questions is: 1.

Maybe I'm the fool for bothering to spend time and effort here, except that I think there is merely a core of you who want to attack and stir the pot regardless of the facts or how I respond.

I'm headed to a picnic. Everybody have a nice day.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 797
Posted From: 69.220.232.144
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

but do we ALL want to bury our heads in the sand and disregard whatever facts come to light?

I disregard nothing.

Freman Hendrix got a sweet heart deal to help him buy some condos in Florida. Those loans were legal, but do not pass a smell test. Offsetting that, of course, is the fact that no public funds were used in process.

In contrast, Kwame Kilpatrick has done so many things that were inappropriate during his tenure that I have neither the time nor the inclination to itemize them here.

The bottom line though is that this November we have a choice between two, and only two, candidates for mayor. Comparing Hendrix to Kilpatrick when it comes to corruption and incompetancy is like comparing a garden hose to Niagra Falls.

I won't argue that Hendrix is perfect. I won't even argue that he's better than any random person off the street. However, even on his worse day, he's still better than Kilpatrick.

Brian

Post Number: 3026
Posted From: 68.73.32.246
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fnemecek, by your own words Helmut and Kwame are equal. neither has broken the law but both have done things that violate ethics in government. But Kwame has not been shown to have profited from his term as mayor. Unlike Freman who has made alot of money as he has said many times. I wonder if any of Freman's personal investments made while he worked for the city took his mind from his civic duty to his own personal needs.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 799
Posted From: 68.255.241.32
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian:
When Hendrix was deputy mayor - if I called 9-1-1, the cops showed up.

There's no equality between the two of them. The fact that you attempt to argue that there is only shows how little time you actually spend within the Detroit city limits.

Bratt

Post Number: 216
Posted From: 69.216.143.148
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemeck: That's because Benny was Chief of Police....give Benny that credit, not Freman.

As I see it thus far, and you all have plenty of time to change my mind......

We have a choice between a minimum wage crook, or a white collar crook. You all make the decision...

Fnemecek

Post Number: 800
Posted From: 69.212.61.123
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt:
Benny was Chief of Police during the Archer Administration, but not the only chief. He was the most high-profile person to serve in that position, but he wasn't the only one.

More importantly, police showing up when someone dials 9-1-1 is hardly a new phenomena. It happened when Coleman Young was mayor. It happened when Cavanaugh was mayor. It happened when Cobo was mayor.

In fact, in the 304 year history of this city, the only time when it hasn't happened was when Kwame "Let Them Eat Cake" Kilpatrick was mayor.

What does that say?

Sorry, Bratt. Our choice isn't minimum wage vs. white collar crook. It's crook who usually accomplishes stuff for resident vs. one who doesn't.

Really Stand Strong for Detroit. Freman Hendrix for Mayor!

Brian

Post Number: 3027
Posted From: 67.37.84.162
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek now you are just posting BS. You have not been in Detroit for 304 years. You were not here when Coleman was first elected.

So IF you called the cops when Hendrix was mayor you say the cops showed up. Good, that is what they are supposed to do. But you were talking response times.

Can you Helmut supporters stick to facts or just rhetoric?

Fnemecek

Post Number: 801
Posted From: 69.212.61.123
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 1:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Fnemecek now you are just posting BS. You have not been in Detroit for 304 years. You were not here when Coleman was first elected.

Okay, you got me Brian. I have not been living in Detroit for 304 years.

However, I was in Detroit when Coleman Young was elected. I was even in Detroit when Jerome Cavanagh and Roman Gibbs were mayor although I was too young to remember them.

I have, however, parents and grandparents who can remember Detroit mayors as far back as Richard Reading (mayor from 1938-1940). If you'd like for me to have them post their recollections, please let me know.

As for the other mayors, I only have the various historical records to cite.

But what was your point again?

quote:

So IF you called the cops when Hendrix was mayor you say the cops showed up. Good, that is what they are supposed to do. But you were talking response times.

Actually, I was talking about their lack of response. As in, the police showed up under all of the other mayors but stopped showing up when Kwame "Let Them Eat Cake" Kilpatrick took over.

quote:

Can you Helmut supporters stick to facts or just rhetoric?

I am sticking to the facts.

It's a fact that the police generally showed up under all of Detroit's previous mayors.

It's also a fact that they haven't been showing up now that the Big Diamond is in charge.

Furthermore, it's a fact that he doesn't seem overly interested in doing anything about it.

The pro-Detroit Hendrix supporters are sticking to the facts. I would appreciate it if you started doing the same.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 1968
Posted From: 68.248.72.198
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 4:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, from your post 3027;

quote:

So IF you called the cops when Hendrix was mayor you say the cops showed up.

When was a Hendrix Mayor? (At least in Detroit)

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 1969
Posted From: 68.248.72.198
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 4:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek,
Not to be petty, but the DPD was established in 1865, that's only 140 years.

http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us/po lice/default.htm

Other than that minor point, I agree with your rebuttals to Brian.

2-3 hours response time to a home invasion (as I and my next door neighbor have had) is totally unacceptable.

quote:

Brian,

You're damn right I am concerned about response time, when my life hangs in the balance.
You wouldn't be?

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1525
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steve, you asked, "How many reporters in this town regularly read your postings here?" I can tell you that there are very many and in all media who do. And why not? The outstanding participants of this board often scoop the news and discuss topics that mainstream media ducks so as not to offend their advertisers.

The policy of this board is that if one wishes to be anonymous their identity will be protected. Sometimes it is very funny when something some reporter produces gets vigorously deconstructed and I know they are reading it. This policy lets people speak their minds freely and if it is incorrect, or more often, not the whole story it will get called out by the many astute and well connected minds on this board.

The fact that you chose to expose you identity doesn't cut you any slack. You get the good with the bad. You get to enhance your ratings by exposing yourself to the tens of thousands who read this board but you also open yourself to both editorial and personal criticism. What's the big surprise? You are pretty net savvy; you should know that.

Personally I commend you for exposing your identity. I chose to do the same. As you can see you have many fans here along with the detractors. But to get all pouty, claim you are under siege when your allegations are ripped apart and threaten to take your ball and go home seems unwarranted. Everybody here faces that. It’s a tough place here, just like our beloved Detroit. You are welcome to join, welcome to leave and welcome to come back.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 804
Posted From: 69.212.228.94
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMAO, Jams!

Thanks for the corraboration.

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 3937
Posted From: 68.43.31.87
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Actually, I was talking about their lack of response. As in, the police showed up under all of the other mayors but stopped showing up when Kwame "Let Them Eat Cake" Kilpatrick took over. "

This sentence makes me laugh. Does "y'all's boy" get cake, too? And of course Bobby Ferguson got the contract to subcontract the baking of aforementioned cake, right?

Fnemecek

Post Number: 808
Posted From: 69.212.228.94
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aram:
Of course, "y'all's boy" gets cake. Lots of it. Just look at the dude. He's friggin' huge. I think he's got about 3 or 4 cakes reserved just for himself.

Oh, and please do keep the contractors straight.

It was one of his cousins who got the contract to bake these cakes. (Okay - actually he bought them at Krogers and then resold them at a 300% markup to the City).

Bobby is a demo guy, remember?

He got the contract to clear the tables after the cake eating was done. I think his fee was $500 per hour - plus a free cake.

Oh, and while we were on the subject, it was the Ilitches who picked up the forks and plates at Wal-Mart. They then resold them to the City for $3,000 each if I'm not mistaken.

Brian

Post Number: 3034
Posted From: 67.37.84.205
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fat jokes? Ilitch Jokes? Helmut jokes about his wife who worked for the Ilitches?

The_aram

Post Number: 3939
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian's DetroitYES: Where Fun Does Not Exist.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 812
Posted From: 68.255.246.229
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian:
I make my jokes. You're welcome to make your jokes.

The crowd gets to decide for themselves who they laugh at and why.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1014
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The latest on the LOAN! Regardless of what you think Detroiters are getting pissed over this. I was surprised to hear a lady speaking about in line at Starbucks with another man.

http://www.michigancitizen.com /

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 131
Posted From: 64.79.86.206
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ilovedetroit: I, for one, can't believe any word you write here about what Detroiters think or say. Your candidate, the one you said had all the support from Detroiters, the one that would win in a landslide, had pitiful Detroit resident support.

And, by the way, that article read suspiciaously like something your or Brian wrote. Are you the author?

Fnemecek

Post Number: 814
Posted From: 68.255.164.122
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, well, Detroiters are also pissed when the 9-1-1 and the cops don't show up. Somehow, I think one of these two issues is a lot more important than the other.

I'll still take Freman "Condo Flipper" Hendrix over Kwame "Let Them Eat Cake" Kilpatrick any day of the week.

Oh, and regarding Mr. Thompson's article:

quote:

Less than a year later, Comerica Bank paid $66 million over 30 years for the right to put its name on Detroit’s baseball park. It is not clear if Hendrix played a role in getting the bank’s name on the stadium.

Call me crazy, but somehow I think that the $66 million they paid had a lot more to do with Comerica's name being on it than any loan they gave Hendrix.

Bratt

Post Number: 219
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It just sounds to me that Freman got the hook up..that's all. And he should come out and respond with just that. I truly believe he should respond with some type of statement though. Ignoring it makes you look a little guilty of something.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 132
Posted From: 64.79.86.206
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Collateral Mortgage:
Definitions of Collateral Mortgage on the Web:

A mortgage which secures a loan by way of a promissory note. The money which is borrowed can be used to buy a property or for another purpose such as home renovation or for a vacation.
canadahomesforsale.ca/glossary /

A loan which is secured by some sort of written note of indebtedness (such as a Promissory Note) which is secondarily secured by a mortgage registered against a property.
www.omegarealtors.com/Glossary /default.asp

A loan evidenced by a promissory note and backed by the collateral security of a mortgage on a property. The money borrowed is generally used for a purpose other than the purchase of a home, such as a vacation or home renovations.
www.firstontariocu.com/portals /learningcentre/mortgageglossa ry.asp

A loan secured by a mortgage, but the money can be used for buying a property or for any other purpose.
www.fsbohowto.com/real-estate- terms.html

Fnemecek

Post Number: 815
Posted From: 68.255.244.206
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt:
I disagree. Freman Hendrix responded to the story during an intervew with Mr. Wilson. He's said all that he really needs to say, in my opinion.

Everyone in town knows that this was a sweetheart deal. What else could he really add to it?

If I were advising him, I'd tell him to forget about the whole mortgage situation and focus on Kids, Cops and Clean.

As long as the campaign stays focused on Kids, Cops and Clean - Hendrix can easily pick up 70% of the vote. He only loses when he spends his talking about issues like this.

Brian

Post Number: 3037
Posted From: 67.37.84.11
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Helmut really bought and bossed? Or will he work to deliver on all those promises?

quote:

Using what is called a continuing collateral mortgage, Hendrix secured for himself a million dollar loan from Comerica Bank under terms known only to himself, his partners and the bank.

This type of mortgage is widely used by Chicago politicians according to Melinda Willis, a loan originator.

“It is a way of bargaining with your power to make contracts for personal benefit,” Willis said.

A continuing collateral mortgage is like a trust, a promise by the borrower to add to the collateral over a period of time known only to the bank and the borrower.

quote:

The question is: how did Hendrix leap from a job as a Wayne County bureaucrat to becoming a million dollar investor? The question dogs Hendrix who did not return numerous phone calls.

The loan enabled Hendrix to invest in Mulligan’s Golf Learning Center in Auburn Hills. Most of his partners in the deal were members of then-Wayne County Executive Ed McNamara’s staff including Dale Juricism, deputy county executive, David Katz, director of Wayne County Airports and local golfer Brian Ashley.

Katz was under federal investigation for allowing no-bid contracts at the Wayne County Airport. He resigned in the middle of the investigation to become manager of the golf business with Hendrix.

After a storm destroyed the golfing facility, Hendrix and his partners were sued six times for defaulting on a $467,000 promise to pay for 8,400 golf balls delivered in 2002. The state also said the center owes $7,208 in taxes.

http://www.michigancitizen.com /default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1 &twindow=&mad=&sdetail=2010&wp age=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=& ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reop tion=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=& rebed=&rebath=&subname=

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1016
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee Frank...you use to be such a reasonable guy...what is he offering/telling you to be so passionate about him? Like I have said I am not a big KK fan but Hendrix ain't too far behind the Big Diamond in my book and you go waaaaaaaaaaaay out of the way to defend him.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1790
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee "Ilovedetroit"...you used to be such a reasonable girl/guy...just kidding.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 820
Posted From: 68.255.244.228
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Gee Frank...you use to be such a reasonable guy...what is he offering/telling you to be so passionate about him?

He's offering to be the other guy on the ballot besides the Big Diamond.

If our choice this November was between a Tickle-Me Elmo doll and Kwame "Let Them Eat Cake" Kilpatick, this board will be filled with pro-Elmo posts.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1017
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is just your enthusiasm for this lackluster candidate that is strange. Oh well...I guess our choices are crooked and crookeder...and crooked looks better. I guess if the police get called and show up quickly from crooked it is better than nothing. I really hate both my choices. Of course I am sure the dirt slinging will get really bad between now and Nov 8th...maybe it will get so bad that KK will even start to look good again.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 823
Posted From: 68.255.244.228
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

maybe it will get so bad that KK will even start to look good again.

Urgh! The dirt would have to get really, really bad for that to happen.

Or the cops would have to start showing up, pot holes would have to start getting filled in and so on.

Drm

Post Number: 674
Posted From: 68.77.163.14
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Citizen has the Hendrix/Comerica story even more wrong than Mr. Wilson did. For example:

quote:

Using what is called a continuing collateral mortgage, Hendrix secured for himself a million dollar loan from Comerica Bank under terms known only to himself, his partners and the bank.

This is partially true. The terms of the loan (including its amount) are not publicly known, because the mortgage does not state the terms. As mentioned before, it references other documents where the terms of the financing can be found. The statement that "Hendrix secured for himself a million dollar loan" is one of many assumptions in this article that are not supported by the mortgage. A promissory note for $1mm from Hendrix to Comerica would be support, as would a loan agreement. A security document such as a mortgage is not.

quote:

This type of mortgage is widely used by Chicago politicians according to Melinda Willis, a loan originator.

This type of mortgage is widely used by Comerica to secure commercial loans. The reference to "Chicago politicians", whether true or not, adds nothing to the story. And what is a "loan originator"?

quote:

“It is a way of bargaining with your power to make contracts for personal benefit,” Willis said.

This statement simply makes no sense.

quote:

A continuing collateral mortgage is like a trust, a promise by the borrower to add to the collateral over a period of time known only to the bank and the borrower.

The mortgage, by its terms, serves as collateral for all indebtedness of Hendrix to Comerica. There is nothing in the mortgage by which Hendrix promises to "add to the collateral".

Wilson's and the Citizen's reports are good examples of why people hire lawyers to review legal documents.

Brian

Post Number: 3040
Posted From: 67.37.83.244
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DRM, most lawyers get it wrong most of the time. But you are doing a mediocre job of doublespeak above. Using one half of the documents to invalidate the other half. Give you enough time and you will claim that there was no loan from Comerica to Hendrix.

I personally wonder why Helmut didn’t pay off his mortgage on his home in Rosedale park. He could have paid it off in one year. They he would not be hurting for money and would not have had to use campaign funds to get that Cadillac. OR did all his extra income go into securing this mortgage with Comerica?

Don’t ask Cindy Pasky, she has been heard saying that Helmut is a prick. Gee, some reference.

Bratt

Post Number: 221
Posted From: 69.222.65.187
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, I am sure the dirt is coming, and coming hard. There is some good stuff still out there that hasn't been exposed.

I got the popcorn, who has the butter?

Fnemecek

Post Number: 849
Posted From: 68.255.245.231
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt:
Does any of this dirt you refer to explain why the police don't show up when I call 9-1-1?

Quite frankly, that's the only issue I really care about. Whether or not Mr. Hendrix got a sweetheart deal is irrelvent.

Bratt

Post Number: 223
Posted From: 69.222.65.187
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh no Fnemecek, I am not talking about a loan...old news...I am talking about the good stuff. The real good stuff. Not only about Mr. Hendrix, but period. You know it's about to get dirty...it's been way too quiet.

Just in case King Kwame gets back in, you need to get a whole lot of cop friends, so when something happens you can just call them instead of 9-1-1. It works a hell of a lot better...trust me!

Fnemecek

Post Number: 852
Posted From: 69.212.54.113
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 3:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excellent point, Bratt. Speaking of which, does anyone know what bars cops usually hang out in on the west side?

I need to know where I need to start buy more drinks.

Histeric
Username: Histeric

Post Number: 476
Posted From: 68.43.166.103
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You are starting to sound like a broken record which will put you in company with Brian and CL. No offense but you may be undermining your own message.

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1534
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

DRM, most lawyers get it wrong most of the time. But you are doing a mediocre job of doublespeak above. Using one half of the documents to invalidate the other half. Give you enough time and you will claim that there was no loan from Comerica to Hendrix.

Sorry B, but DRM describes facts of law in detail while you are merely responding with emotion, unsupported innuendo and vague accusations. This story has no legs and you, Steve, and the Citizen pushing it around in a broken wheelchair doesn't give it any.

Drm

Post Number: 677
Posted From: 68.77.163.14
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, why do you disagree with my analysis?

Brian

Post Number: 3041
Posted From: 68.73.32.161
Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DRM, you do not have access to all of the documents. All you have seen are the things posted by WZYX. Those documents come from Comerica (supposedly) which are incomplete according to Comerica who refuses to disclose any information or disclose even a confirmation of what has been leaked to the public. Even Helmut refuses to provide information on what is there and what is not there. IF there are any additional documents. DRM attempts to analyze something which is incomplete and then draw a conclusion based on partial information. Which is typical lawyer doublespeak. A fact of law is that a mortgage can be almost anything a bank wants it to be. Loan documents do not have to reflect anything. ALl that paperwork a bank makes one sign to get money is just their policy. Only a very small portion of it is governed by actual laws. Which is how Helmut was able to obtain this type of a loan. ITs not illegal. But its not common practice even amongts those persons in his income bracket. If her wasn't deputy mayor in a major city where the bank does hundreds of MILLIONS in business each year Helmut most likely would not have received this loan.
A New mayor could cancel Comerica's contract with the city and turn those hundreds of millions in assets and fees over to a Black owned bank. Paying to play is the order of the day. That is what was meant by the Chicago way.

Folks hatred of KK won't make this issue invalid. It is what it is. A loan based on Helmut's position. We don't know if Helmut told Comerica that if they wanted to continue doing business with the city they better give him this loan. That is what is being investigated at the county. Helmut's former peers are under indictment. Its why Steve did this story. Folks loved the navigator story and prasied steve.

Lowell, the story has legs and more is too come. Sorry your candidate from afar is not as clean as you were told he would be. Or is it that KK doesn't seem so dirty now that others also profited by their position? DRM tried to say that Helmut didn't receive any money, that there was no proof. Well, Helmut opened his big mouth, bragged about how much money he had and that he received a million dollars loan from Comerica. Now Helmut is being quite after this story has broken. All because of those legs.

Drm

Post Number: 681
Posted From: 68.252.71.203
Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

DRM, you do not have access to all of the documents.

Brian, do you have access to all of the documents?

quote:

All you have seen are the things posted by WZYX.

You, too?

quote:

Those documents come from Comerica (supposedly)

No, they came from the land records of Wayne County and Oakland County.

quote:

which are incomplete according to Comerica who refuses to disclose any information

Comerica has no obligation to disclose the personal business of its customers to the media.

quote:

or disclose even a confirmation of what has been leaked to the public.

Nothing has been leaked. The documents that Mr. Wilson obtained are public record.

quote:

Even Helmut refuses to provide information on what is there and what is not there.

Yes, he did, but some folks didn't like his answers.

quote:

IF there are any additional documents.

There are additional documents, by the plain language of the mortgages.

quote:

DRM attempts to analyze something which is incomplete and then draw a conclusion based on partial information.

I am analyzing the information available, as are you.

quote:

Which is typical lawyer doublespeak.

Nice, the ad hominems start now.

quote:

A fact of law is that a mortgage can be almost anything a bank wants it to be.

Wrong. A mortgage is an interest in real property pledged to secure a debt.

quote:

Loan documents do not have to reflect anything.

Wrong, they must contain enough information to create a valid contract.

quote:

ALl that paperwork a bank makes one sign to get money is just their policy. Only a very small portion of it is governed by actual laws.

The second sentence does not follow logically from the first sentence. Yes, a bank requires certain types of documentation based upon its policy. However, each document is governed by laws and there are certain requirements that must be met.

quote:

Which is how Helmut was able to obtain this type of a loan.

Do you have evidence that Hendrix obtained a loan?

quote:

ITs not illegal. But its not common practice even amongts those persons in his income bracket.

What is not illegal? What is common practice?

quote:

If her wasn't deputy mayor in a major city where the bank does hundreds of MILLIONS in business each year

What business does the city do with Comerica?

quote:

Helmut most likely would not have received this loan.

Some folks are repeatedly asserting that there was a loan made by Comerica to Hendrix. Where is the evidence? So far, we've seen a mortgage that secures payment of a sum of money evidenced by other documents. We don't know what is contained in those other documents or what indebtedness is being secured. We don't know who else, if anyone, is obligated for it. We don't know what collateral has been pledged. We know nothing except that Hendrix (and certain of his alleged business associates) granted mortgages to Comerica Bank.

Drm

Post Number: 682
Posted From: 68.252.71.203
Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Folks hatred of KK won't make this issue invalid. It is what it is. A loan based on Helmut's position.

Again, where's the evidence that Hendrix received a loan?

quote:

We don't know if Helmut told Comerica that if they wanted to continue doing business with the city they better give him this loan. That is what is being investigated at the county.

We don't know when Brian stopped molesting children either.

quote:

Helmut's former peers are under indictment. Its why Steve did this story.

Mr. Wilson, if you're still here, is this the reason why you did the story?

quote:

Folks loved the navigator story and prasied steve.

Lowell, the story has legs and more is too come. Sorry your candidate from afar is not as clean as you were told he would be. Or is it that KK doesn't seem so dirty now that others also profited by their position? DRM tried to say that Helmut didn't receive any money, that there was no proof.

That's because there is no proof. If anyone has proof that Hendrix received a $1mm loan from Comerica, please share.

quote:

Well, Helmut opened his big mouth, bragged about how much money he had and that he received a million dollars loan from Comerica.

He did? Your source, please?

quote:

Now Helmut is being quite after this story has broken. All because of those legs.

Bratt

Post Number: 227
Posted From: 69.216.134.131
Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No proof of anything is not a reason to discount it. There are hundreds of criminals walking the street right not because, guess why...there was no proof. Oh but they are criminals alright.

We can all go on with blinders on and pretend certain things didn't happen, or we can think for ourselves.

Helmut's loan was legitimate and he didn't get it because of his position, and the Manoogian party never happened and the strippers are dead because of different circumstances.

Yall better start thinking intelligently!

Fnemecek

Post Number: 856
Posted From: 69.217.229.181
Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great! Another "there's-no-proof-so-it-must-b e-true" post.

Yes, there are people walking the street who comitted crimes but were never punished because their guilt couldn't be proven. However, that does not prove that Freman Hendrix did anything wrong.

I pointed this out on another thread regarding the allegation that Kwame Kilpatrick's involvment in a wild party at the Manoogian Mansion, which resulted in two murders: the simple fact that persons A, B and C committed a crime and were able to cover it up does not mean that person D did anything wrong.

Maybe Hendrix abused his power to get a loan.

Maybe Kilpatrick ordered two women executed.

Maybe Brian and Ltorivia are a part of an international kiddie porn ring.

Maybe Bratt is sleeper agent for Al-Queda.

Maybe Rasputin is really just L. Brooks Patterson's screen name.

Maybe I'm hording a stash of pornographic videos featuring Britney Spears and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

We can generate conspiracy theory after conspriacy and produce just as much evidience to back any one of them up as any of the other theories.

There's a reason why God introduced logic into the human race. It's what keeps us from jumping at every shadow we see and believing every theory we hear.

The_aram

Post Number: 3991
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek, you want to hook me me up with that Britney stash?

It gets lonely at night in A2...

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1536
Posted From: 66.167.58.87
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Sorry your candidate from afar is not as clean as you were told he would be.

Not my guy Brian. My criticisms of him are well known on this forum. I am after the real story not the poorly research TV pulp that has been debunked and deconstructed on this thread.

Flatly I don't know if Hendrix did anything illegal or even unethical. And you know what? You don't either. Wishing it to be what you would like it to be doesn't make it so. What might make it so is you or anyone presenting some shreds of evidence.

There is an old saying. "What do you know, what don't you know and then what do you think?" All we have heard from you is what you think. You are welcome to your opinion and it even may be right, but right now it has no legs and your pushing it around in a broken, repetitive wheel chair doesn't make it so.

Instead of attacking the messengers, try addressing DRM's, Spartacus' and other's facts and analysis and you might gain some cred on this thread.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 860
Posted From: 69.217.229.181
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aram:
I think we might be able to reach an accomidation. LOL

Skulker
Username: Skulker

Post Number: 2957
Posted From: 68.60.139.168
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 3:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

No proof of anything is not a reason to discount it.

Isn't that the logic the racist media used in pursuing Michael Jackson?

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 2117
Posted From: 68.251.27.41
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Quote by SETI officials in serach of Extra Terrestrial life

http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/21 2_fall2003.web.dir/Peter_Broad y/Our%20unique%20earth/Pages/O urUniqueEarth.htm