Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » Freman you have some xplaining to do « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 17
Posted From: 68.255.232.199
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know how many of you saw Freman's interview with Steve Wilson on the 6 o'clock news, but I have to say I'm not shocked. Hendrix was evasive and at times seemed irritated by some Wilson's questions. Steve did a little investigating into Freman's investments( far deeper than any other news source). Now we know Hendrix used his connections to make money, who doesn't. We also know that when you're on top of the mountain the sun shine brightest on you. So Freman better tighten up his game or will have for more years of Big Pimpin.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 2766
Posted From: 207.74.110.25
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 1:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jonesy,

Steve Wilsion is just finding political dirt and LIES on Hendrix. He only going to find some reports on the Engler's Detroit Public School takeover dispute. Most Detroiters will not going to believe Steve Wilson's LIES on Hendrix. He can keep on digging, but the only reports he's going to find is allegations. Most Detroiters rather go for the least clean candidate rather than the dirty candidate. Politics is a game that involves not just on the principles of the person but by popularity and race.

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 518
Posted From: 208.39.170.77
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dang, how many threads are you guys going to start regarding the Wilson's report???

Jonesy

Post Number: 18
Posted From: 198.208.160.27
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny,

Let me first start by saying I voted for Hendrix in the Primary and will vote for him in the General. With that being said, I expect better answers from my canidate than what he gave in that interview. For Hendrix not to be able to give clear and concise answers bothers me. "I don't know", "can't recall", or "I'll have to check on that" are unexceptable. These accusations have been around for awhile so he should've been surprised by those questions.

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 631
Posted From: 150.198.150.244
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remember an 1 hour and 20 minute interview was edited to three minutes they showed what they thought would sell the story.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 191
Posted From: 69.216.123.12
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's called news. That's what sells ads. That's how they make their money. But I got to admit, it is very entertaining.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 987
Posted From: 68.40.226.188
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jonesy - "and you will vote for him in the general"...what if those questions don't get answered in the tough debates and more questionable things come out - what will you do?

I guarantee you won't see more of that interview the press AKA the senior executives have supressed that Wilson interview for further review.

Jonesy

Post Number: 19
Posted From: 198.208.160.27
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD,

Freman's investments are a non-issue to me. I just wanted him to answer the questions. Until someone proves he did something illegal he has my support. Voting for Kwame is not an option and neither is not voting. So there's only one choice for me, Freman Hendrix.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 996
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jonesy - What if we find out that Hendrix did something that was wrong and he was helped by people wanting their interest served by him. And what if he did do something illegal? You say that voting for KK is not an option - so is Hendrix the less crooked and he still gets your vote? Remember he is selling himself as the "transparent candidate". Just curious. I am not advocating a vote for KK..frankly I am torn. Both have little appeal to me and I feel it is a slap in the face of others who can't vote (think Zimbabwe) for me to not to use my right.

Detbest
Username: Detbest

Post Number: 32
Posted From: 67.105.255.66
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow ILD, you're stealing quotes from Steve Wilson now.

I distinctly recall you saying on more than one occasion how if Sharon lost the primary you would give your vote to KK. Now you're claiming to be torn. When did you have the change of heart?

You've been slinging stuff towards Freman for months on this forum. As I've said before, that is part of running for office and Freman should be able to handle it and should address these questions.

I'm just a little confused by you're saying that you're not advocating for KK when for months you said he was a better alternative for you than Freman.

I can't help but wonder just how torn you are when you've spent months talking down one of the candidates (i.e. Hendrix).

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 998
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detbest - Good point. I am torn if I had to vote today it would be for KK. However, my problem is that I REALLY love this city (it is my adopted home) and I think that there might be a chance that Freman could potentially have the better relationship with Lansing (more important) and the suburbs to help Detroit. Kilpatrick's relationship with the suburban management is strained at best and my guess is probably not much better with Lansing. On the other hand I have met them both (KK and Hendrix) and I have to admit a much stronger like for KK. He is personable, friendly, and can work a crowd. If he applied that likeability more appropriately he could achieve miracles for Detroit (and for himself). Hendrix on the other hand is very arrogant. The last time I was with him he was so rude to people that I (who does not like him) was embarrased for him. He appears to barely constrain his temper - and I feel that it will eventually be an achilles heel for him. If that heel is exposed then he will be seen as not much better than KK. Additionally I feel that he really goes out of his way to not be transparent - even though he is suppose to be the transparent candidate. We already know what KKs faults are (probably more to come) and my guess is we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg on Hendrix. That is why I am torn. I may change my mind before the election (yes Metro you can remember this) - but at this I can't imagine connecting the arrows for Hendrix but then again it makes me sick to my stomach to do it for KK. But like I said I just don't believe in not voting. Time will tell. In the meantime I think this chat forum, while nasty at times, is a good way for people to expose their thoughts and for us to discuss (with limited maturity :-) ) what we are thinking.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1774
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I am not advocating a vote for KK..frankly I am torn. Both have little appeal to me and I feel it is a slap in the face of others who can't vote..."

"Ilovedetroit", (as Detbest already pointed out) you still can't keep your stories straight.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1007
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro - I gave my reasons why. I am torn but I have till Nov 8th to figure it out. Like I said if it was today KK would get my vote. Better the crook who has confessed than the "transparent" crook who won't confess.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1106
Posted From: 68.255.237.193
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 6:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ilovedetroit, please don't say some shit like your are "torn" between Hendrix and Kilpatrick.
For months you have made it clear that you can't stand Hendrix and now you're not sure? You have absolutely no credibility. I could respect your choice to not vote for Hendrix even if I thought your reasoning was weak, but to even suggest at this point in the game that you now have doubts is, in Supersport's own words, "unfucking believable."

What angers me so is that I have wasted hours trying to point out the error of your ways and you now suggest that you might have a "change of heart?" Please, ilovedetroit, have some fucking backbone and stick to your guns. Vote for Kilpatrick or write in McPhail's name, but don't you dare vote for Hendrix. Also, when you can spare the time from writing on this forum, gets some psychological help because you are one confused puppy.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1012
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royce - You are so kind. Did you read what I wrote...did you see that I might take my dislike for Hendrix and put it aside for the betterment of Detroit? I was being honest and it was not easy to say. I don't care for either candidate - however, by Nov 8th there may be a change (maybe heart is not the right word) but there may be a change. I wil never like Hendrix he is the epitome of what I cannot stand in a person.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 202
Posted From: 69.216.135.134
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh my.....I think I just read that Royce said don't you dare vote for Hendrix. Does this mean that Hendrix doesn't need any more votes? I've never heard anyone tell an undecided don't you dare vote for Hendrix, when they are supporting Hendrix. I think I should call his campaign headquarters and make sure this is the type of campaigning they want going on out here.

I can see it now: Don't vote for Hendrix because he doesn't need any more votes. That would go over real well.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1109
Posted From: 69.212.57.126
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt, Hendrix doesn't need ilovedetroit's vote. My comment was meant for only ilovedetroit since he has been so adamant about his disdain for Hendrix. We who support Hendrix are confident enough that the absence of one vote from a two-faced bastard won't be detrimental to winning the general election.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1777
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I wil never like Hendrix he is the epitome of what I cannot stand in a person."

Here we go again. "Ilovedetroit", when you first came to the forum, you originally claimed to be a Hendrix supporter that switched over to McPhail. Still can't keep your stories straight. :-)

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3010
Posted From: 12.40.94.131
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Questions about how he’s able to afford such a lifestyle on a 30-year-career, virtually all of it as a civil servant, is what’s at issue here.

Why doesn't Freman teach us all how to become a millionare while working for the government. He could do an infomercial like the other guy who has question marks all over his suit.

Brian

Post Number: 3011
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

7 Action News investigator Steve Wilson asked McLenon to review the mortgages because unlike most, including other Comerica deals that were checked, there are no repayment terms mentioned in these mortgages.

McLenon confirmed that there was no mention of payback on the mortgage. "None that I saw."

McLenon also agreed that there aren’t too many handing out million-dollar mortgages without specifying how and when it’s coming back to them."

A giveaway for the deputy and his friends!

Brian

Post Number: 3012
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"I’m 54 years old. I’ve been working 30 years," Hendrix explained. "When you work 30 yrs you amass wealth. I’m totally okay with this kind of scrutiny. This is appropriate. In my 20-plus year career I’ve never abused my power. I‘ve always been about public service. I’ve never set out to enrich myself personally."

Go Hendrix Go

Make that money before that money makes you!

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 524
Posted From: 208.39.170.77
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Someone is HATING HARD!!!

Wcpo_intern
Username: Wcpo_intern

Post Number: 1675
Posted From: 68.60.140.71
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD, are we living in the same plane of existence? Kwame is the likable, even tempered one that can work a crowd and Hendrix is the one that can't control his temper?

Who is Kwame likable with? You just got done saying how the politicians outside of Detroit don't like him. The folks in DC won't even protect him. The polls tell us that even the folks in Detroit don't like him. Detroit likability, fundraising likability, and regional likability: Hendrix 3, Kwame 0.

How is Kwame even headed? He slams a reporter into a wall, then announces his candidancy with a speech about hitting people and being like a holocaust victim, then calls the reporter a fat ass. Only someone that thinks McPhail is just misunderstood would consider that to be top rate level headed professionalism. Of course, McPhail herself has publicly stated her belief that the big diamond is a big enough thug to electrocute her. If you really want to know who has better impulse control, try showing a five year old the clips of Kwame's response to the Navigator story and Hendrix's response to the Florida story and ask him who thinks was angrier.