Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » Is Hendrix a Cheat? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 981
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been saying for months that Hendrix is only a better looking version of Kilpatrick. Read Steve Wilson's story this is a summary of the news story that premiered on AUGUST 3rd...funny how it was after the primary. Is anybody yet getting it that the media REALLY wants Hendrix in as your mayor. They even publish this afterwards. Of course if it was Kilpatrick or even McPhail you would all be saying "cheat, cheat". Everybdoy loved Wilson when he exposed KK. Interesting stuff!

http://wxyz.com/wxyz/ys_invest igations/article/0,2132,WXYZ_1 5949_3974977,00.html

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 625
Posted From: 150.198.150.244
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never like Wilson and how many threads are you going to start on this topic it is covered.

By the way why are you still here, isn't it enough that you candidate was humiliated by her poor showing and then the very next day her running mate endorses the man you hate so much.

No one wants to put up with you for another 3 months.

(Message edited by Merchantgander on August 04, 2005)

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 196
Posted From: 68.251.225.251
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ilovedetroit...please give it up.

Lurker
Username: Lurker

Post Number: 1231
Posted From: 63.115.63.131
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess I'm confused. ILD, you were passionate about McPhail during her mayoral run. For the past 3.5 years, she has been at odds with Kwame as he has butted heads with the CC every step of the way during his term. Are you able to ignore that now?

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 2772
Posted From: 141.217.173.169
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's not enough to put Hendrix out of the political network. Most people will NOT believe Steve Wilson's LIES. The only way that to make sure that these allegations are true is to leave it up the authorities. Now who do you going to choose to be the next mayor of Detroit? KING KWAME KILLpatrick who will put this city into recievership and privatization that can spell the end of Black control in Detroit in the upcomming years. Or Freeman Hendrix that will save this city from its financial crisis, you decided.

Esteban
Username: Esteban

Post Number: 35
Posted From: 69.212.214.37
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The possible loss of black empowerment in Detroit due to city bankruptcy hold the seeds of disaster. If the "Angry white men of the West" get hold of city government, it's not going to be pretty. These guys have no love for this city and will dedicate themselves to stripping it bare. It is a recipe for civil unrest.
If the incumbent mayor wins this one, I doubt if the powers that be will stay their hand when it comes to Detroit's bankruptcy. They MIGHT sit back and watch if there is a change of administration, especially if they think the financial situation will stabilize.

A final thought. How on Earth do the outlying suburbs expect to thrive with a burnt out, abandoned inner city? In terms of international investment, do folks in suburban areas seriously think the suburbs anything but secondary? A failing Detroit is an international embarrassment for Michigan. The State hemorrhages billions every year of because there is not the will or ability to perform meaningful social surgery.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 177
Posted From: 12.172.207.3
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My question is: Is any of that illegal? I really don't think it is illegal. Maybe unethical though. Who knows....I just want to know how can a sistah like me get one of those loans...anybody have Comerica's number...hook a sistah up!

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 6795
Posted From: 64.228.199.20
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with Andy (shocking!!) What's with the numerous threads about Hendrix? I guess trying to pass the same old dirt on a candidate is all you have then good for Hendrix. I bet your candidate will step in shit once again before Nov.
...where there is the smell of shit, there is usually a pile of it close by.

Esteban

Post Number: 36
Posted From: 69.212.213.12
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goat, the reason there is so much flack about Hendrix is because he's probably going to be mayor, if present figures are anything to go by.
It's likely that Kwame won't be discussed as much. He's probably going to lose, who wants to discuss a loser?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 982
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just one to provoke some discussion. I think it is very funny that if it is anyone else other than Hendrix it is ok. Why is he so hands off with people? Can't anyone discuss that he is possibly in the same realm as Kilpatrick? The media is pushing him down our throats (rememner four years ago KK was their man)...now he is under examination and all of the sudden it is hands off? Everyone loved Steve Wilson when he was going after KK.

And Merchant. If you don't like me then go play in another sand box. I refuse to temper what I say for someone like you!

Bratt

Post Number: 179
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's true ILD. As an undecided, I want to hear all of the dirt on both candidates. Then let me decide whose dirt is less dirty.

We already hear campaign promises, politicians say whatever it takes to get into office. I want to see history, see resumes, the good stuff...s

Lurker
Username: Lurker

Post Number: 1235
Posted From: 63.115.63.131
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think people realize that most politicians are, well, politicians. A lot of them have have checkered pasts, and they will tell you what you want to hear in order to gain your vote.

People get sick of the mudslinging, which on this board is primarily thrown towards Hendrix. McPhail garnered her fair share during the primary, but Kwame has gone somewhat unscathed on the Mayoral Superthread.

Merchantgander

Post Number: 628
Posted From: 150.198.150.244
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think I'm the only one here who doesn't care for what you say pay attention to what others say.

It is not about Hendrix, if a rational person not on a witch hunt (which you are not rational and always on a witch hunt ILD) started a discussion most would want to get involved. But after the hundred of lies you have posted your game is old.

Want a discussion how come Benny was so quick to jump on the Hendrix bandwagon (less than 24 hours) as soon as McFailed lost. Because that is an interesting discussion.

Esteban

Post Number: 37
Posted From: 69.212.36.26
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Merchantgander, Napolion is obviously a consumate politician. There is no future on a failed bid for power. What to do next? Back the winner at the first opportunity and hope for the best :-)

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 758
Posted From: 69.212.54.207
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I have been saying for months that Hendrix is only a better looking version of Kilpatrick.

No way.

When Hendrix was deputy mayor, we had 6 inches of snow on the ground, my street got plowed. With Kilpatrick as mayor, it hasn't been.

When Hendrix was deputy mayor, the cops showed up whenever I called 9-1-1/ With Kilpatrick as mayor, I get told "Sorry, no officers are available."

When Hendrix was deputy mayor, my trash got pick up on time, every time. With Kilpatrick as mayor, it's been late way too often.

My point is that Hendrix isn't perfect, but perfect isn't on the ballot.

Really Stand Strong for Detroit. Freman Hendrix for Mayor.

Goat

Post Number: 6796
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From a person who has nothing to gain or lose in this election. I have to agree with Fnemecek.

No person in politics or any media spotlight has a perfect past. Anything can be dug up from the past to make someone look bad. The difference is that KK has done this WHILE IN THE POSITION OF MAYOR. That is the deciding difference.
If all the snews can come up with is a real estate deal in Florida with NO illegal activity then this candidate is pretty clean.

On a side note. One has to wonder why the morals of politicians has gotten worse and worse over time? Or why is it that the populace has less to choose from? Could it be all this BS mudslinging instead of getting to the bottom of REAL issues? One wonders?

Andy
Username: Andy

Post Number: 424
Posted From: 69.221.68.196
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

One has to wonder why the morals of politicians has gotten worse and worse over time?

Are you kidding? Corruption didn't just arrive in politics recently.

Time to review some history books dude because you're the only one wondering......

Goat

Post Number: 6798
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Andy, I never said it just arrived. You came to that conclusion on your own. But it seems to have become worse. Considering that politics used to be held in high esteem, a recent poll showed that over 60% of people did not want their children to get into politics at all. That is a pretty shocking testament to how we perceive our so-called leaders.

Andy

Post Number: 426
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Andy, I never said it just arrived. You came to that conclusion on your own. But it seems to have become worse.

Whew, I was way off by implying you said it arrived even though you meant it was seemingly getting worse. Thanks for clarifying.

quote:

Considering that politics used to be held in high esteem, a recent poll showed that over 60% of people did not want their children to get into politics at all. That is a pretty shocking testament to how we perceive our so-called leaders.

What are you talking about? What poll? How does that answer my statement that corruption in politics has been around as long as politics has been around?

Goat

Post Number: 6800
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read in the snews that a poll was done about what parents wanted their kids to do when they got older. When asked about politcs over 60% said no.
I am sure citizens have always known that corruption has been in politics since day one. But at one time politics (politicians) were held in much higher esteem. That is not the case today. To further prove my point, look at who we all get to choose from when elections are held. One has to choose the lesser of two evils. Politicians today have little substance, speeches with no facts, a carefree attitude of "let them eat cake"...

No need for the smarmy comments either. Either discuss or move on.

Andy

Post Number: 428
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

But at one time politics (politicians) were held in much higher esteem. That is not the case today. To further prove my point, look at who we all get to choose from when elections are held. One has to choose the lesser of two evils. Politicians today have little substance, speeches with no facts, a carefree attitude of "let them eat cake"...

Review a history book.

Goat

Post Number: 6802
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

O.k. If you believe that politicians today are as good as they were in the past more power to you. (Again, not saying corruption didn't exist but it sure is rampant today.)

Now back to the topic at hand.

Andy

Post Number: 429
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

O.k. If you believe that politicians today are as good as they were in the past more power to you.

More like politicians have always been slime and always will be.

Posting "at one time politicians were held in higher esteem" is very naive.

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 1247
Posted From: 68.248.55.151
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goat, I beleive its more of sign of the times, then an indictment on politicians.

Politicians are much more human now, because they are fair game. News coverage was not what it is today. Its great competition for the dollar. Local stations competing against hundreds of cable/satallite stations. Detroit News and Free Press against the alternative papers and the internet. Even the black papers have to compete, used to be just the Michigan Chronicle and Jet/Ebony, now you have the Front Page, Michigan Citizen and endless numbers of black magazines. Politicians make good copy.

Andy

Post Number: 430
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From Paul Johnson's A History of the American People

Page 326:

quote:

But a case can also be made for describing the Monroe presidency, and the rule of John Quincy Adams which formed its appendage, as the first great era of corruption in American politics. Many Americans came to seriously believe, during it, that their government, both administration and Congress, was corrupt, and this at a time when in Britain the traditional corruption of the 18th-century system was being slowly but surely extruded. By corruption, Americans of the 1820s did not simply mean bribes and stealing from public purse. They also meant the undermining of constitutional integrity by secret deals, the use of public office to acquire power or higher office, and the giving of private interest priority over public welfare.

Bratt

Post Number: 181
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek:

Not to start anything or defend one candidate over the other, but the snow thing is way wrong. I distinctively remember that really ugly snowstorm under Archer. He got on television, and asked the Detroit citizens to grab a shovel and start shoveling the streets. I remember that because I was pissed. He got alot of slack over that, and ever since our snow has been plowed.

I don't have any problems with my trash getting picked up. That's one thing I can count on from the City..

Wcpo_intern
Username: Wcpo_intern

Post Number: 1670
Posted From: 68.60.140.71
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to say that politicians, the press, and their relationship have always been what they are today. My understanding of Pulitzer is that, at best, he produced stories equivalent to Fox News. Have you guys ever heard of Tammany Hall and the press's feelings on him?

A politician once said that, "those that read nothing at all are better of than those that read only the news". It wasn't Kwame that said that; it was Thomas Jefferson.

Steve's story didn't harm my opinion of Hendrix. At least Hendrix answered the questions and didn't lie like big diamond has done time and time again. He also didn't just simply state that the press was out to get him or was twisting the truth. With that said, I thank you Steve for your coverage of this matter and keep on keeping an eye on all of our politicians. When the supporters of all the candidates feel their candidate has been over scrutinized, I know you guys are doing your job.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 988
Posted From: 68.40.226.188
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Merchant - You say I am on a "witch hunt" I have been saying for months that this shit on Freman is out there. You all called me crazy and a liar...now you see I am correct. Hmmmm what else is next.

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 3865
Posted From: 68.43.31.87
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But it's become very clear, no matter how much Steve Wilson wants to sensationalize it, that this issue is pretty much a non-issue.

The only people getting excited and hot and bothered about it are Steve Wilson and the Michigan Citizen. Does that explain it clearly to anyone else?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 990
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah yeah aram - denial is not pretty.

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 3867
Posted From: 68.43.31.87
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD, has there been any proof of any illegal wrongdoing by Freman Hendrix?

Not thus far.

So how is this an issue?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 994
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aram - I know how scared you are. I was scard that McPhail wouuld lose and we would be stuck with Crooked and Crookeder and now we are. So Hendrix has a little shade now in his past and KK has a lot of shade in his past. As the months roll by and more info comes out on both candidates you can decide which is less crooked or maybe I should be nicer and say less questionable and vote or not vote for that person.

Bratt

Post Number: 196
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyone keeps asking if what Freman did was illegal or if what Kwame did was illegal...well my guess that neither gentlemen did anything illegal or they would be in jail now. I think the concern should be more towards ethics and morals. Who has the city's best interest at heart. We all know that politicians are going to try to get theirs...that's a no brainer.

So which guy truly wants to bring Detroit back. Big Pimpin' probably has made some money on the side being mayor, and Freman definitely did some wheelin' and dealin' when he was in office.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1101
Posted From: 69.212.62.48
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ilovedetroit, when are you going to stop with the "I told you so" crap. You have actually told us nothing on this forum except one unsubstantiated claim after another. Hendrix spent and hour and a half with Steve Wilson discussing his investment deals and all Wilson could come up with is a bunch of "this seems suspicious" crap but nothing that appears to be "this is illegal" crap.

ilovedetroit, you have spent most of your 994 posts bad-mouthing Hendrix. You will eclipse 1000 posts in just six months, talking about the same crap. It took me at least a year to go over 1000 posts and at least I spent some time on other topics. Outside of this Superthread your name is probably not even recognized.

Understand, ilovedetroit, I don't have a problem with people expressing their thoughts and opinions. Hell, Supersport has over 8200 posts, but at least he expresses his opinion about different things. On the other hand, you are doing more than expressing your opinion. You are making unsubstantiated claims about Hendrix and if you look at what has transpired(Hendrix winning the primary and your candidate coming in a distant third place), most of your previous claims have been proven to be false.

So now you are going to spend another three months doing the same thing you did these previous three months. I said many times before that you have an unhealthy obsession with bad-mouthing Hendrix and that you need to get some help. You need to step back and realize that no candidate running for office is perfect, but what you're doing is clearly a witch hunt.

I know that if Hendrix wins the general election, you'll continue to bad-mouth him over his first term as mayor and really get into high gear when he runs for a second term. I know this because I predicted on the "Sharon McFailures" thread that you and other McPhail supporters like you would continue this witch hunt. And on and on it goes. Get some help, ilovedetroit, get some help.

Bratt

Post Number: 197
Posted From: 69.216.107.180
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Attention:

I personally do not think there is anything wrong with ILD expressing his opinions. Royce, I also was a McPhail supporter, but you haven't seen me post anything about Freman (positive or negative) lately. Hell, I really haven't said anything negative about Kwame except calling him Big Pimpin' (but I like this nickname for him, it's perfect).

I can say that no one has really explained how either candidate is going to turn the city around...I mean their concrete plans. I am looking for that kind of information.

All I hear about is people defending Freman..on how everything that comes out is a bunch of lies. Maybe they are lies, and then again maybe some of them aren't. Kwame also states that a bunch of things said about him were lies as well.

All I know is, if I was running for office, and people kept coming to me with all of those allegations, I would provide concrete proof that it was a lie, and move on. For example the Michigan Chronicle, or even Steve Wilson, if what they say is untrue...provide proof to shut them up and make them look like the fool. My problem with it all is Big Pimpin' and his people have shown little proof if any, and I really haven't seen Freman do any intelligent explaining of the situations brought to him.

You all have to understand, even though you say these things don't matter, they all do. We are talking about a city in crisis right now. Just because a person looks the part, walks the walk, or even talks the talk, does not mean he is a right fit.

Remember how Kwame got in. Everyone thought that Detroit needed something new and different. And boy did we get it! Did anyone dig into his background during election time? Maybe they didn't dig deep enough.

With all that being said...my point is DIG BABY DIG! I just can't vote for anyone just because they are making a bunch of promises. I need info. This is my city and I want to hire the right person for the job. All personal feelings aside, we have to do the right thing.

I would suggest that all of the Freman supporters take a look at what Big Pimpin' is really saying, and that all the Big Pimpin' supporters take a look at what Freman is saying. But most importantly, look at their past, their ethics, their character. Being open-minded is the only thing that will get us out of this mess!

Merchantgander

Post Number: 641
Posted From: 68.42.168.234
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was lovely makes me want to cry. :-)

Bratt

Post Number: 199
Posted From: 69.216.107.180
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL Merchant!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1008
Posted From: 68.40.226.188
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt - You are awesome!

And Merchant - I thought the sun would explode before you made me laugh...but you got me. :-)

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3006
Posted From: 12.40.94.131
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

You are making unsubstantiated claims about Hendrix and if you look at what has transpired(Hendrix winning the primary and your candidate coming in a distant third place), most of your previous claims have been proven to be false.

Folks think that because their candidate won that it means they were right? ha, that is just naive or alot of hope.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1103
Posted From: 68.255.237.193
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 4:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, what it means is that you, ilovedetroit, and other McPhail supporters didn't convince anyone, especially 44% of Detroit voters, that any of your unsubstantiated claims were true. You and ilovedetroit, especially, were HOPING we would believe all that crap and not vote for Hendrix. It didn't happen.

Now you are HOPING that you can convince us to change our vote come November. It's not going to happen. Any HOPE that you and ilovedetroit can influence anyone on this forum went out the window when nearly every post or thread that you two spewed out was an unfounded attack on Hendrix. Your candidate tried that crap and it turned Detroit voters against her. The two of you are still HOPING that your witch hunt against Hendrix will reveal something bad about him. It's not going to happen.

Therefore, I am HOPING the two of you, Brian, and, ilovedetroit, give it a rest. Let those who truly know how to "dig" for the "truth" do their jobs. You two need to find another worthwhile pursuit because posting on this forum is just a waste of everybody's time.

Baliad
Username: Baliad

Post Number: 21
Posted From: 12.178.24.2
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my bad, i thought this thread was titled, "is hendrix THE Cheat?"... my bad...