Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » “FreeMoney” Hendrix? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 1695
Posted From: 69.212.213.213
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

“FreeMoney” Hendrix?
The Michigan Citizen

DETROIT- With placards reading “Private enrichment while on the city payroll,” a group of community activists staged a protest march Aug. 22 at Comerica bank’s headquarters. They demanded answers from the bank for providing a $1million loan to mayoral candidate Freman Hendrix in 1997.

Hendrix got the loan while serving as deputy mayor under Dennis Archer.

The Rev. Horace Sheffield III, who led the protest in front of Comerica tower at 500 Woodward, said it is important public officials and major businesses conduct themselves in a manner that is above reproach.

“I know none of us could walk into Comerica and get a $1million with no interest, no repayment terms and not make a payment in eight years,” Sheffield said. “We want to know what role Freman’s position as deputy mayor played in securing this loan and whether he used the influence of his public office for private gain.”

http://www.michigancitizen.com /default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1 &twindow=&mad=&sdetail=2046&wp age=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=& ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reop tion=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=& rebed=&rebath=&subname=

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 16
Posted From: 141.217.46.39
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that mess is full of it...

look at the actual documents Steve Wilson provided...there is no way he could have obtained all the paperwork because FOIA's cant happen if you elect it on your mortgage paperwork...

I have two mortgages and there are about 40-75 pages per mortgage so 8 pages from Steve WIlson don't cut it for me

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 1707
Posted From: 69.212.213.213
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since when was Steve Wilson mentioned in the article?!?!

Spartacus
Username: Spartacus

Post Number: 24
Posted From: 209.114.251.65
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I suggest you review the "Watch Steve Wilson..." thread.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 896
Posted From: 68.255.167.168
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Since when was Steve Wilson mentioned in the article?!?!

Unfortunately, he wasn't. It would have been better for the credibilty of the Michigan Chronicle, though, if he was.

Mr. Wilson had more documentation to substantiate his claims than they did. Plus, Steve Wilson had the dignity to allow Mr. Hendrix to respond to the allegations; the Chronicle did not.

That article is nothing but third-rate journalism; aspiring to be second-rate propaganda.

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 206
Posted From: 68.248.17.36
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek...you got it all wrong...It's really fourth-rate propaganda aspiring to be third-rate journalism.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 900
Posted From: 68.255.167.168
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My bad.

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3050
Posted From: 67.37.83.74
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This has Helmut mad as hell and I hear his protestors, or as some would call them, supporters are gearing up to attack this issue and all related items. But as you Helmut supporters go once again into full attack mode, instead of clearing up any negative issues with facts, stop threatening the Michigan Citizen reporters. That will only make Helmut look guilty.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 1138
Posted From: 4.229.9.100
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian as usual you can't seem to get your facts straight! No one here threatened any Michigan Citizen reporters.

Of course you just "said" they were threatened... so that gossip will get passed around and before you know it the Michigan Citizen will report "Historic Preservationists Threaten Citizen Reporters.... according to reliable sources...."

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3086
Posted From: 67.37.84.166
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oops, I am sorry Gistok. I actually thought there were more Helmut supporters than just those on this web site. Perhaps I am mistaken. Or perhaps some here are so arrogant they think they are the only Helmut supporters. That would explain the anger and hatred in their defense of Helmut.