Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » Hendrix loans total $7.1 million « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 1696
Posted From: 69.212.213.213
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 2:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hendrix loans total $7.1 million
The Michigan Citizen

OAKLAND COUNTY – Mayoral candidate Freman Hendrix and his business partners, doing business under at least five different company names, obtained a total of $7.1 million in loans from Comerica bank for a golf dome business operating over a landfill and under lease to a Detroit city vendor.

Mulligan’s Golf Learning Center, Mulligan’s East, Mulligan’s of Auburn Hills, Mulligan’s Options and Mulligan’s Holdings are all Limited Liability Corporations (LLC) that have at one time or another done business as a golf dome operation at 3591 Joslyn Road, Auburn Hills.

According to documents on file at Oakland County Courthouse, these are the companies under which Hendrix, David Katz, Dale A. Jurcisin and Brian Ashley borrowed money, was sued by unpaid vendors, defaulted on loans – as recently as June 15, 2005 – and obtained the multi-million dollar loan from Comerica bank.

http://www.michigancitizen.com /default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1 &twindow=&mad=&sdetail=2047&wp age=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=& ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reop tion=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=& rebed=&rebath=&subname=

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3048
Posted From: 67.37.83.74
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Helmut LIED!!!

He was active in the business.

He did business with a city contractor while he was the deputy mayor.

He did business with a man, Robert Soave, whom he later buys a house from in a "sweetheart" deal.

To top it off, he hires a company from Warren to do business with neglecting companies from Detroit and other parts of town. Warren is now suing Detroit. Helmut has completely sold out his community and is clearly not free of unethical behaviour or unsavory practices.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 903
Posted From: 69.212.50.157
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

To top it off, he hires a company from Warren to do business with neglecting companies from Detroit and other parts of town. Warren is now suing Detroit. Helmut has completely sold out his community and is clearly not free of unethical behaviour or unsavory practices.

Source?

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1802
Posted From: 68.74.4.20
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Source...c'mon now...the same "source" that claimed only $9,000 of Kilpatrick's credit card charges was in dispute...the same "source" that advocated for a convicted cop killer with erroneous reports about his testimony and behavior...the same "source" that sponsored and promoted "The Sambo Awards"...the same "source" that routinely presents editorials filled with false and/or inaccurate information as journalistic stories

"The Michigan Citizen" of course!

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 1104
Posted From: 4.229.81.110
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The Michigan Citizen", their motto "Someone must have said it, or we wouldn't be printing it".

Brian

Post Number: 3058
Posted From: 67.37.84.87
Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why did Helmut's business have to operate under so many pseudo names? That is the actions of a business trying to hide from creditors and pull other scams similar to the realestate company RIMCO. Another scandal that broke out under the Archer administration.

Skulker
Username: Skulker

Post Number: 3006
Posted From: 67.103.104.93
Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

similar to the realestate company RIMCO. Another scandal that broke out under the Archer administration.

IIRC, Archer tried squashing the sale of massive amounts of City-owned property to RIMCO, but was overridden by City Council.

Truth: 4,694,236
Brian: 0

Brian

Post Number: 3062
Posted From: 67.37.84.19
Posted on Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Skulker, the city council cannot sell land unless it is taken before them by the mayors office. The CC cannot initiate any sale of any city property. The same goes for those properties that revert to the city for non-payment of taxes.

But you should know how the CC operates. The only reason that sale occured is because Archer asked for it by the CC. If he changes his mind after they vote, that is just beyond dumb. Maybe Helmut made him do it.

Spartacus
Username: Spartacus

Post Number: 31
Posted From: 68.40.9.60
Posted on Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Many business people form numerous entities. They do so for liability, tax and probably about a million other reasons. To label this activity as somehow suspect is naivete of the highest order. This goes on everyday and to anyone in the business world could not possibly be less suspicious.

I have no idea if all of Hendrix's business activities are completely kosher. But nothing brought to light so far even comes close to even having a bad smell.

Wishing it to be so (even wishing as hard as some of you) does not make it so.

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 1762
Posted From: 69.212.38.204
Posted on Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Freman Hendrix Lying?

http://www.michigancitizen.com /default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1 &twindow=&mad=&sdetail=2066&wp age=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=& ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reop tion=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=& rebed=&rebath=&subname=

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 1348
Posted From: 69.215.76.234
Posted on Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Is Freman Hendrix Lying?"

Freman is at Chene and Jefferson every satuday morning at 9:00am. He meets and greets with everyone there. Come ask him yourself.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 948
Posted From: 69.212.227.87
Posted on Monday, September 05, 2005 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good point, Jmil.

I'm wondering how many Kwame cronies will have the guts to show up.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1815
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Monday, September 05, 2005 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does "The Michigan Citizen" lie?

"Only $9,000 of Kilpatrick's credit card charges were in question" ($210,000+)

"The accused cop killer pummeled a witness in court" (lunged and missed)

"The accused cop killer repeatedly screamed that this is a mistake" (crying and wimpering that "it was a mistake")

Calling Detroiters, and Black Detroiters specifically, "stupid" on their radio program the day after the primary election...for not voting for McPhail

Etc...

Drm
Username: Drm

Post Number: 710
Posted From: 68.73.58.6
Posted on Monday, September 05, 2005 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

“There’s nothing transparent in these deals,” Wilson said about the loan documents.

Uhh, that's cuz there were no loan documents.

quote:

At the end of the interview Hendrix referred to the $7.1million loan as “The Comerica Park loan.”

Hendrix got the loan in December of 1997 while he was chief of staff under former mayor Dennis Archer.

Hendrix did not get a $7.1mm loan.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1028
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would hardly call myself a KK crony but I would be glad to ask Freloader about his business dealings. I have been invited to a meet and greet the candidate coming up soon and I plan on being there and asking him. I don't trust him and I think he is a liar who has a vested interested in selling Detroit out to the suburbs - since they are funding his campaign. Now don't get me wrong I don't think for a minute that KK is a saint - but I just need to figure out which crook is the least crooked by Nov. 8th.

Romanized
Username: Romanized

Post Number: 137
Posted From: 68.40.78.4
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You people make me laugh. You have "uncovered" totally legit business procedings and post on here like it is some scandal. I guess to you people a Detroiter having an enterprise and not wasting time begging the burbs for money is scandalous enough.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 958
Posted From: 69.212.43.44
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I think he is a liar who has a vested interested in selling Detroit out to the suburbs - since they are funding his campaign.

ILD:
I disagree with both of your assertions here.

First, I think Hendrix is as honest as most other politicians. Granted this isn't saying a lot, but it puts him at least on par with Kilpatrick.

Second, and more importantly, I was going through the campaign finance reports that both Kilpatrick and Hendrix filed with County Clerk. Kilpatrick has received a greater percentage of his contributions from outside of Detroit than Hendrix has.

How can you argue that Hendrix's campaign contributions make him a lackey for suburbanites when he's the one being backed by Detroiters?

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1817
Posted From: 68.248.90.21
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry "Ilovedetroit", once again you lost it at, "I have been invited..."

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 241
Posted From: 69.216.105.86
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know about yall, but I am bored as hell with these candidates. I have heard nothing, have seen nothing, it has been way too quiet.

You would think that they would be going after the undecideds and going at them hard. They need to be going after them early.

But, I guess they are so cocky about the election that both of them think they don't have to do this. I don't want nobody knocking on my door October 31, saying vote for me. Last minute crap doesn't impress me at all.

Miss_flow
Username: Miss_flow

Post Number: 7
Posted From: 198.109.44.2
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It won't be last minute Bratt. The attacks will be flying withing the next 3 weeks. Get ready 'cause it's gonna really get dirty.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 961
Posted From: 69.212.215.117
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Miss_flow:
End of September, or three weeks from now, pretty much is last minute.

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 1356
Posted From: 69.215.76.234
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The debates are coming up.
Sept. 15, Oct. 17, and Oct 20.

People are out working on the Hendrix campaign everyday. The media may not cover it, but folks are working hard.

Hendrix for Mayor 2005!

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1043
Posted From: 68.40.226.188
Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TWO CROOKS FOR MAYOR 2005!!!!!

WHOOO! YEAY YEAY!

May the least crooked win!

Fnemecek

Post Number: 980
Posted From: 69.215.247.131
Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, I just hope that one of the crooks can get the police to show up when I dial 9-1-1.

Brian

Post Number: 3088
Posted From: 67.37.84.166
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek, perhaps if you have to dial 911 that much then your neighborhood might just be too busy for them to get to you each night.

In my 35 plus years of living in Detroit I have had to dial 911 3 times, all for assistance for other people. My own personal gauge of crime in the city.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1009
Posted From: 69.212.227.32
Posted on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Fnemecek, perhaps if you have to dial 911 that much then your neighborhood might just be too busy for them to get to you each night.

Then might just be a good idea for someone to reassign a few of the officers on the Mayor's security detail to patrol duty.

Or reassign the officers assigned to protect the Chief of Police to patrol duty.

Or spend less money lobster dinners in Atlanta and night clubs in Washingon DC and spend it on police officers instead.

Or drive a regular car instead of a Lincoln Navigator and use the money saved for police.

Et cetera, et cetera.

Prior to Mayor Kilpatrick and the changes he made in DPD, I only had to dial 9-1-1 twice. I have to dial it more often then that this year alone that to Kilpatrick.