Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » Candidate Signs By Neighborhood « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 144
Posted From: 64.79.86.206
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have noticed that SW Detroit (Vernor/Juction) is almost totally Hendrix country according to the lawn sign count. These are increasingly tidy streets with lots of flowers and new porches, etc. I saw only one Kilpatrick sign and more than a dozen Hendrix signs.

On the other hand, I was driving on Prest and Tyler the other day where the streets are not so tidy and all the signs were for Kilpatrick - and there were few enough of those.

I wonder if there is a correlation between neighborhood morale and the way the vote will go. The Mayor says that he has done so much for the neighborhoods. Are the SW residents being ingrates when they post Hendrix signs?

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 2912
Posted From: 141.217.173.162
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are Hendrix signs in each Detroit ghettohoods than KING KWAME. Hendrix Supporters are getting 10 times stronger than ever. KING KWAME'S thug mafia want to steal those signs off the lawns, but Hendrix told his supporters to put your signs in your windows.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 906
Posted From: 69.212.50.157
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the Warrendale neighborhood, I've noticed more Kilpatrick signs than Hendrix ones. However, I suspect that has more to do with the fact that Hendrix signs are becoming hard to come by.

I was in the Hendrix campaign office the other day and they were fresh out of lawn signs.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 215
Posted From: 208.39.170.77
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was in Sherwood Forest last week and it was about equal Hendrix to Kilpatrick.

East English Village appears primarily Hendrix.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 907
Posted From: 69.212.227.101
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, geez!

I was just out running errands. I noticed that the Happy Cleaners (on W. Warren Ave., just east of Evergreen) has both Kilpatrick and Hendrix signs in its window.

Truly priceless!

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 145
Posted From: 64.79.86.206
Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a friend who did exactly the same thing last year. He had both a Tobocman sign and a Martinez sign in front of his business. Reason: both campaigns asked him to display their signs. He doesn't vote in Detroit and thought that election meant nothing to him.

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 1693
Posted From: 130.132.177.245
Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FN, " I noticed that the Happy Cleaners (on W. Warren Ave., just east of Evergreen) has both Kilpatrick and Hendrix signs in its window. " makes perfect sense to me: either candidate will take Detroit residents to the cleaners ... :-)

Fnemecek

Post Number: 923
Posted From: 68.255.247.95
Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ouch!!!

Okay - I don't really think Hendrix will take us to the cleaners, but I love that thought. LMAO!!!