Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » Questions Not Answered Around Hendrix Integrity in Crains « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1146
Posted From: 68.40.226.188
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting VAGUE story. They are trying to cover up something here. NO ONE gets let go from a company - meaning they could have brought her into BCBS in another capacity if she was clean. This is fishy...rumor has it Hendrix used his connections to have her tried in Macomb Co. I am sure there is more to come on this story. The real issue here is IF his wife was involved in all this illegal stuff then is she fit to be our first lady? What makes Hendrix any better than KK?

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/c gi-bin/article.pl?articleId=27 852

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 53
Posted From: 69.220.69.114
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Her job and some 20 others were dropped when the company lost the contract to audit Medicare claims."

"NO ONE gets let go from a company"

Ilovedetroit, I don't know where you work, but in the Auto industry this happens everyday. Ask anyone who works for a supplier. When you lose a contract job losses are sure to follow.

"rumor has it Hendrix used his connections to have her tried in Macomb Co."

When was she tried? The article states,"The federal investigation never resulted in criminal charges".

"The real issue here is IF his wife was involved in all this illegal stuff then is she fit to be our first lady?"

No, the real issue is that you guys can't stick to the real issues. You'd rather talk about rumors and innuendo, than the real problems this city is facing.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1057
Posted From: 68.255.244.160
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

No, the real issue is that you guys can't stick to the real issues. You'd rather talk about rumors and innuendo, than the real problems this city is facing.

Amen.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1147
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is more on this story just wait and see. AND she was an employee of BCBS - IF she was good and clean they would have put her on another project...THAT IS HOW THE AUTO and most industries work.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 2120
Posted From: 68.79.116.188
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Interesting VAGUE story.

Great way to start a post. No information, No facts, No references to credible sources.

This is why you are one of the least credible posters on this board. You appear to wallow in the muck of RUMOUR and INNUENDO.

If it makes you feel good, wallow, otherwise most of us dismiss anything you have to say.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1216
Posted From: 68.255.240.198
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ilovedetroit, you remind me of Linus from Charlie Brown when he keeps trying to convince everyone that the Great Pumpkin is coming. Even the other kids didn't buy into his Sartrean "bad faith." You know, that's when you knowingly lie to yourself and behave in support of that lie.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1149
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHAHA Thanks ROcye and Jams...Credible source? I guess Crains is not credible...there are un-answered questions in that story. I am simply pointing out that they will probably be answered in due course. Don't kill the messenger lets just wait and see what comes out...if anything!

Royce

Post Number: 1218
Posted From: 69.212.36.35
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ilovedetroit, Crain's is a credible source. Nothing in the article says that Hendrix's wife did anything wrong or illegal. It is you who is trying to imply that she did.

Really, ilovedetroit, this is a non-story. We don't have to wait and see what might come out next because there's nothing more that can come out. Since you can't pin anything negative on Hendrix you'll try to pin something on his wife. How desperate does this sound to you, ilovedetroit? I know to me, ilovedetroit, this sounds very desperate.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1151
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh well Royce...the only reason you are so upset is because you are concerned about his integrity. The real people in this city know that Hendrix is washed up. Wait and see.

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 56
Posted From: 68.73.193.4
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The real people in this city know that Hendrix is washed up."

Would these "real people" happen to include you and the rest McFailed supporters.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 1224
Posted From: 4.229.72.97
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to work at Ameritech.... they decided to construct a new (IBM complatible) billing system.... after they did, all the folks working on the old (Unisys compatible) billing system were give 60 days to find another job within the company... otherwise they were terminated. The terminated folks did absolutely nothing wrong. They were just in the wrong department at the wrong time.

Story sound familar?

It should, this scenario is repeated thousands of times every year across America.....

(Message edited by gistok on September 24, 2005)

Royce

Post Number: 1220
Posted From: 69.212.36.35
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 2:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ilovedetroit, I'm not sure if your fragile psyche can handle going 0 for 2. We can already see what it has done to you when you go 0 for one.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1152
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHAHAHA Royce - My "fragile" psyche is just fine and it will be fine regardless of the election. If Hendrix wins I will have to treat him like George Bush - I ignore him. When I see his face or worse hear his voice I shut it off or don't look at it. In the case of Freman I will have to do the same - the face and voice have pretty much the same effect on me that Bush has.

Don't worry ILD will be fine and I am not some puss who will have to "run away" from Detroit and move because my guy did not make it in. And to show you that I am not a prick...when Kilpatrick (and yes Metro I am officially voting for him now after hearing him speak the other night) beats Hendrix I won't do any I told you so's or hahahaha's. I will extend my hand to any Hendrix supporters and suggest they support the newly re-elected mayor for the betterment of our city.

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3121
Posted From: 67.37.83.51
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

They pledged their homes to receive the loans from Comerica, but the anti-Hendrix flyers made it appear that Hendrix alone obtained the $1 million based on the value of his home, which was valued at about $300,000.

The golf dome later was damaged in a 2002 windstorm, the business lacked enough insurance and fell behind on some payments.

This shows that Crain's repeated what others wrote instead of investigating themselves. The biz had money problems before the windstorm. That was documented outside of the campaign mudslinging. Also, Anti-Hendrix flyers did not make it appear that way but Steve Wilson's report made it appear that way. But is Crain's unwilling to challenge WXYZ in a report? Is Crain's afraid of being proven wrong? This is Crain's typical tactic and why I no longer subscribe. They do no investigate but publish a series of press releases.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1061
Posted From: 69.220.233.57
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

There is more on this story just wait and see. AND she was an employee of BCBS - IF she was good and clean they would have put her on another project...THAT IS HOW THE AUTO and most industries work.

ILD:
You obviously need to spend less time schilling for the Kilpatrick camp and more time in the private sector, dealing with the issues that real Detroiters have to deal with every day of their lives.

In the real world, people lose their jobs all the time when their employer loses a contract. Why do you think Michigan has such a high unemployment rate?

Do you honestly think that all of the folks who got laid off when one plant or another closed were crooked?

Do you really believe even one word of what you're saying?

Freman Hendrix must be one hell of a candidate if the Kilpatrick camp has to stoop to stuff this stupid in order to attack him.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1158
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek - There is more and it will come out.

Jams

Post Number: 2124
Posted From: 68.249.241.20
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Sounds like a braggart from the Works

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1063
Posted From: 69.220.233.57
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheap words, ILD.

As Hendrix himself said, "If you think you've got something, bring it on. Bring it on."

We're only 40 days away from the election. Its time for the Kilpatrick camp to either show what they got or admit they are part of the worst administration in this City's history and resign.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1160
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh fnemecek - Calm down on the drama...I think any mayor prior to Coleman wasn't exactly a good mayor! The whole Cavanaugh clan was a waste.

Jams - I could care less what you have to say...you are actually more annoying than Metro. At least he thinks he is making a point. You are just a bird chirping "evidence" "evidence" or whatever else the flavor of the day is saying ... I don't think you have ever had an original thought in your head.

Jams

Post Number: 2126
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, so that is what you call Rumour and Innuendo

ORIGINAL THOUGHT!!!

I'll just stick to reality based in facts in that case.

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 4168
Posted From: 141.213.175.233
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since when was evidence to back up your claims an "annoying" thing?

Jams

Post Number: 2127
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Both Hazen Pingree and Frank Murphy are on the list of the Top Ten Mayors in US history

Possibly, you might wish to study a bit of history before you malign all the mayors prior to CAY.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams - Spit more crap back that is not yours...did you do some quick research on the internet to pull up those names haha

Jams

Post Number: 2129
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, I did a quick google to confirm my information.

But I had been aware of that for many years.
Read REFORM in DETROIT by Melvin G. Holli several years ago, a great book on Pingree.

I am at least honest in my research of facts and do not spout off about hearing what some drunken executive was overheard to say in some restaurant.

Jams

Post Number: 2131
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you wish to malign me regarding my lack of "original thought", you might wish to talk to my clients in my 25+ years as a photographer. They might disagree with you.

Or even my patrons who have enjoyed my little promotions that have been copied by other bars and restaurants.

OH, I forgot, research and facts just get in your way. You have too much fun wallowing in RUMOUR and INNUENDO.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1889
Posted From: 67.38.12.136
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"And to show you that I am not a prick...when Kilpatrick (and yes Metro I am officially voting for him now after hearing him speak the other night)"

"I would absolutely support Kilpatrick if McPhail loses".

Nope...you're a prick. Still can't keep your stories straight.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1166
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro - I may be a prick but I have a big one! And you .... well lets just say I would choke on a small bone.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1896
Posted From: 67.38.12.136
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once again "Ilovedetroit" makes unwanted homosexual advances...you are truly a person lacking character.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1167
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHAHAHA Metro...you are feeling uncomfortable...why? Didn't your army training prepare you for the fox hole?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1169
Posted From: 69.39.80.144
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro - The fun part about giving you hell is you take it so seriously. Honestly, loosen up and laugh a little.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 183
Posted From: 64.79.86.206
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am more and more convinced that IloveDetroit is a female staffer in Sharon McPhail's city council office. She appears to be very influenced by the McPhail attitude and pattern of crazy attack on enemies.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1171
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Southwest - Leave McPhail out of this...you guys just can't keep kicking someone.

Lurker
Username: Lurker

Post Number: 1375
Posted From: 65.196.220.198
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Like you with Hendrix?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1172
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OOOHHHHH Lurker good response but not adequate enough. She is out of the race and of no threat to Hendrix. Why keep picking at her?

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 931
Posted From: 150.198.150.245
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Because it is fun and easy.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1071
Posted From: 69.214.179.178
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to agree with ILD on this one (yes, that was the Earth shaking you just felt).

McPhail has returned to the rank of innocent by-standder. Moreover, everything I've heard is that she intends to stay their for the rest of her life.

If she runs again, makes a highly visiable endorsement or otherwise moves towards public office then she becomes fair game. Until then, please refrain from attacking her.

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 934
Posted From: 150.198.150.245
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek, stop taking away everyone fun, plus all public officials are open to criticism and to be kicked.

Wcpo_intern
Username: Wcpo_intern

Post Number: 1751
Posted From: 65.31.69.174
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Jams - Spit more crap back that is not yours...did you do some quick research on the internet to pull up those names haha"

Jams, are you nuts? Quit baseing your viewpoints on research, facts, and other reliable information. You can only base them on what a newspaper doesn't print and what you over hear drunks saying in a bar. Take a lesson from Kwame: Originality is more important than accuracy.

Wcpo_intern
Username: Wcpo_intern

Post Number: 1752
Posted From: 65.31.69.174
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MG, he said you can attack her when she makes her next failed attempt for office. Are you telling me you can't wait a few months?

Funniest part is that the request to not criticize former city leaders came just after the person requesting it criticized a bunch of Mayors that haven't been in power for over thirty years.

(Message edited by wcpo intern on September 26, 2005)

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1174
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok WCPO - then take a crack at me and leave McPhail alone. She has personally done a lot of good for this city. And doesn't deserve to be hacked at all the time. No matter what people in this town just love to hate her. Take a crack at me ... I don't care. Personally this forum is fun to me. I can be as crazy as I want on here and frankly I have a good time watching all the Hendrix supporters get so riled up. Hendrix supporters started all the nastry crap on her and that is what made me get nasty. So throw shit at me if you want... I probably deserve it haha!

Fnemecek - Thanks for being a gentleman.

Royce

Post Number: 1227
Posted From: 69.212.56.138
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ilovedetroit, you're being a hypocrite if all of a sudden you want people to stop attacking Sharon McPhail. What goes around comes around. Since you're just having a good time on this forum, don't take the cracks at McPhail so personally.

The_aram

Post Number: 4176
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does ILD actually have anything of note to contribute to the Forum besides childish rants about MDGuy, the supposedly evil ways of Freman Hendrix, Jams' supposedly annoying tendency of supporting his claims with fact and concrete evidence, and hero worship of Sharon McPhail? Has he/she shown his/her face elsewhere on the Forum besides mayoral and city council election threads?

Methinks I've been right all along- he/she is a planted troublemaker/troll/call-it-wha t-you-will.

nothing more and nothing less.

let's stop feeding the troll, and maybe he/she/it will go back under its bridge where it belongs.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1178
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aram - You are a stupid and childish ....what are you "the queen" of censorism? I banish you to the suburban blight from which you have come. Be gone evil troll back to the bridge called Livonia!

Lurker
Username: Lurker

Post Number: 1377
Posted From: 69.246.18.146
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

record

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1180
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHAHA Cute record Lurker? Is it your latest Boy Band album?

The_aram

Post Number: 4178
Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

where are you getting this Livonia stuff?

I have never lived in Livonia, nor have I ever posted to that effect.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1185
Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok Aram so which suburb do you live in? I forget?

The_aram

Post Number: 4180
Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you followed what I post, you'd know that I don't currently live in a suburb of Detroit. I live in Ann Arbor. I'm a student at the University of Michigan.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1073
Posted From: 69.212.47.74
Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 2:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Fnemecek, stop taking away everyone fun, plus all public officials are open to criticism and to be kicked.

I'm not taking away anyone's fun, Merchantgander. I am merely reminding everyone of a couple of rules that were taught to me.

Both Freman Hendrix and Kwame Kilpatrick are each running for public office. You're welcome to pick a target and hit them all you want with just about anything that you want.

Sharon McPhail is now a lame duck, for all practical purposes. She holds a seat on the City Council, but isn't running for re-election.

Criticizing her for anything directly related to the performance of her current elected office is still acceptable, but personal attacks no longer are.

ILD:
Always a pleasure, sir. Politics is a bare-knuckled, contact sport - but it still has certain rules.

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3128
Posted From: 67.37.83.244
Posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 1:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree, bring it on and lay it on the table and make it plain.

I mean those Helmut supporters sure did prove that rumor about the wild party at the mansion. I don't know how KK's wife would stay with him after them shindigs.