Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » Channel 4 All But Exposes Melee at the Manoogian « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 42
Posted From: 4.229.69.161
Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tonight at 11, Channel 4 had an investigative report on the party and fight (allegedly) at the Manogian Mansion. The segment was about 10 minutes long, and here are the highlights:
--The Southfield police chief says, on camera, that he was invited by someone to the party (he can't remember who, but believes it may have been a Detroit police officer who was a former student of his) but decided not to go because he knew there would probably be activity there that he didn't want to be involved with.
--They interviewed an EMS worker from the Detroit Medical Center (with his face concealed, fearing retribution from his supervisor for talking about what he saw). He was there when a couple of SUV's rolled up to the hospital with a bunch of guys looking "pimped out" with earpieces--he assumed they were mayoral security. They had brought more than one wamn with them for treatment. There was a bunch of commotion in the lobby, with some shoving, and he asked someone else what was going on. He was told "Carlita beat down some bitch!" His supervisor was called in and he ordered all EMS units (there were seven of them there) to leave the area. He said he has never seen that happen before.
--Even though the State Police officially shut down the investigation after five weeks, (thanks, Attorney General Mike Cox!), there are still people who are with the State Police who are investigating what has happened.
--They have had trouble getting people to talk about the party because many of them fear for their safety if they talk. Kwame and Friends downtown have ordered a gag order on all city employees from talking about the alleged party unless they are subpoenaed. However, all subpoenas need to be approved by Mike Cox, who has been unwilling to allow them.
--Mike Cox was interviewed. He said that he is willing to turn over all investigative papers to the Wayne County Prosecutor (Kim Worthy) and let her continue the investigation if she wants to.
--The Channel 4 reporter said that he will call Kim Worthy tomorrow morning to let her know about all of this. In the meantime, more details to follow tomorrow night at 5 and 6.

Think of how damaging this all would be to Kwame if the party is confirmed: he emphatically has denied all of this so far, so that would prove him to be a bold-faced liar--with a month to go before the election. What I would give to be a fly on the wall wherever he (and Carlita) are tonight!!!

Miss_flow
Username: Miss_flow

Post Number: 15
Posted From: 198.109.44.2
Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 2:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim Worthy's not going to do anything because she let Bobby Ferguson get away with a lame ass plea bargain, when you or I would be in jail for at least 2 years for just having the gun. I lost respect for her with that stunt, and I don't expect anything better from her. She's on the take too.

Hamtramike
Username: Hamtramike

Post Number: 391
Posted From: 146.9.52.108
Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oooooooohhh. Look out. Kim Worthy's on the scene. Criminals beware. (Criminals who commit serious crime and who are not affiliated with the city anyway), all others back to business as usual.

I'm sure all of the files will be sent over, those transcripts and files that they still have anyway.

Not holding my breath.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1304
Posted From: 69.39.80.144
Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh come on funny how the media is pushing their agenda by trying to bring Kilpatrick down but as usual ignorning Hendrix's questionable practices. Typical Detroit media telling us what we should do.

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 820
Posted From: 68.248.14.17
Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, Hendrix had a party at a city-owned venue where a stripper was beat up, another one later suspiciously killed, with attendees who have been strangely silent on the issue ever since? Darn media playing favorites again.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 517
Posted From: 66.89.12.30
Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

why would Cox not pursue this? or is he just waiting until after the election?

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 1030
Posted From: 66.238.170.50
Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cause Kilpatrick is part of the Republican establishment (or is it Hendrix? I forget which one the MI Citezen has picked this month).

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 3288
Posted From: 141.217.174.218
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAYYY!!! Ok KING KWAME, spill the news. You did this. Don't lie to the public. Tell the truth.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 3289
Posted From: 141.217.174.218
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gdub,

I don't know where did you get these LIES, LIES,LIES!! Hendrix wasn't involved with the party, or held any parties. Or involved with the stripper's death.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1329
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hear Hendrix can do keg stands for 15 seconds! WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EE you go party boy!

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1935
Posted From: 69.221.79.44
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of a "party boi" "Ilovedetroit", I hear you like to chug as well.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1331
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am a light cocktail drinker. More of a smartass than anything. :-)

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1937
Posted From: 69.221.79.44
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Again "Ilovedetroit" two key words describe what you're all about...COCKtail and smartASS.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1334
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAHAHA Metro that is the funniest thing you have ever said. Thanks for the laugh.

Wcpo_intern
Username: Wcpo_intern

Post Number: 1779
Posted From: 65.31.69.174
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Mike Cox was interviewed. He said that he is willing to turn over all investigative papers to the Wayne County Prosecutor (Kim Worthy) and let her continue the investigation if she wants to."

I want them turned over to Steve Wilson. He'll get to the bottom off it.

I can see the teaser now. New on the Manoogian Mansion. Did Carlita tell Kwame, quit buying hookers fatass!

Wcpo_intern
Username: Wcpo_intern

Post Number: 1782
Posted From: 65.31.69.174
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Prosecutor asks for homicide files on stripper's death"

http://www.freep.com/news/late stnews/pm6648_20051013.htm

Funny to see that DPD has a file on the case, but the Sheriff's office does not. Am I the only one that feels that while I can't see Bully-Cummings involved in a coverup, I would feel the investigation should be done by someone that doesn't work for one of the suspects? As they say on Law & Order, this is the story of the POLICE that INVESTIGATE the crimes and the Prosecutors that prosecute them.

But, now Worthy has the ball and it should make everyone happy. Though she tries to make peace with other politicians in the region, the Budzyn/Nevers trials show she won't back down for political reasons. She is also pretty fair and balanced to the accused so Kwame won't be implicated unless the evidence is pointing in that direction.

Naturalsister
Username: Naturalsister

Post Number: 350
Posted From: 68.30.167.173
Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It actually says:

In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police, who investigate crime; and the district attorneys, who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.

later - naturalsister

(Message edited by naturalsister on October 15, 2005)

Sharkskin
Username: Sharkskin

Post Number: 350
Posted From: 66.178.227.202
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by (THREE) separate yet equally important groups: the police, who investigate crime; and the district attorneys, who prosecute the offenders....

"...and the fatasses, who buy the prostitutes."

Don't forget that last line!

(Message edited by sharkskin on October 18, 2005)

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 270
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Channel 4's clip online now -

> Clickondetroit.com >> Investigations

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 786
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lt. Bowman is about to get paid. He won his whistlebower lawsuit for doing his J O B.