Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » McPhail to endorse Kilpatrick « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1926
Posted From: 69.221.79.44
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been hearing this rumor all day around Detroit political circles that McPhail plans to endorse Kilpatrick the day after the debate at WSU. Once again, nothing new from Kilpatrick/McPhail, but they sure do have a flair for theatric(k)s.

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 1461
Posted From: 68.73.55.127
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Her best option would be to remain out of it at this point. If this is true, it makes her years on the council, and her run for mayor a farce. She has constantly been combative and critical of the mayor. How can she turn around and endorse him? Her hatred of Dennis Archer and anything associated with him are well known, as are the feeling of many of her supporters. But she should not let herself be used just to exact some sort of revenge. Is this really in the best interest of the city she claims to care so much? From what I have encountered while campaigning the undecided or kilpatrick vote is not based on being for kilpatrick or against hendrix, but a deep rooted dislike for Archer. Had Hendrix denounced Archer, his lead would be much greater than it is today.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1325
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Frankly I hope she does. Don't discount her endorsement as not carryig a lot of weight. As a loyal supporter of hers I know many of us are waiting to see what she does. Either we vote for KK or we stay home - many of her supporters would not vote for Hendrix. If she endorses KK it will motivate her base to vote for him.

She may be no fan of Kilpatrick but she feels he is redeemable. On the other hand Hendrix is arrogant and fake. At least Kilpatrick cares about Detroit and making it better and he has vision - which Hendrix can't see anything beyond his condo in FLA and saying he is mayor.

If people see that she is endorsing KK after their combative relationship they are really going to think Hendrix is bad.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1930
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"...many of her supporters would not vote for Hendrix. If she endorses KK it will motivate her base to vote for him." -"Ilovedetroit"

Again "Ilovedetroit" you report bogus information. Polls showed 49% of McPhail's primary voters picking Hendrix over Kilpatrick. Keep trying.

Now speaking of arrogant and fake, you need to look in the mirror...as well as at the people whose corner you're in (Kilpatrick and McPhail).

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1328
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro - You are so scared I can see your fear thru the screen. You travel in big political circles if you have heard about possible endorsements.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1933
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Show the proof "Ilovedetroit". :-)

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1332
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Proof Metro.

I am cranking my middle finger up towards the screen - there is your proof! hahahaha

PS - You know Metro we would probably actually like each other beyond politics you do make me laugh.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1936
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well "Ilovedetroit" you do like what the middle finger stands for...whether you're a blonde White woman, gay man, angry Black woman, or whatever you're claiming today.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1133
Posted From: 70.236.172.184
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD:
Will you please give your "Hendrix supporters must be scared/angry" schtick a rest. It was almost funny in August, but now it's just sad.

When your candidate is (a) up by 19 pts in the polls and continues to gain ground, (b) has almost twice as much money and (c) has a lot more endorsements than the opposition - you just don't get scared very easily.

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 64
Posted From: 69.220.69.78
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"As a loyal supporter of hers I know many of us are waiting to see what she does. Either we vote for KK or we stay home"

Learn to think for yourself dumbass.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1337
Posted From: 68.40.226.188
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jonesy - I have thought for myself and that is why I supported McPhail. I will vote for KK because he is the less of two evils. So therefore go to hell you dumbass. Go vote for that empty suit Hendrix - obviously you can think for yourself or you would realize he is a nicer more acceptable crook cuz he looks better in a suit.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1941
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 1:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So "Ilovedetroit" how does your original claim to have previously been a Hendrix supporter before switching to McPhail (then Kilpatrick) fit into all of that? Still can't keep your stories straight.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1340
Posted From: 68.40.226.188
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unfortunately it takes people sometime to realize how bad Freman is. Once people get past the fact that KK is a big black guy with an earing and listen to him they will see an intelligent man with a vision. NO matter how hard you look at Hendrix that light is not there.

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 1093
Posted From: 150.198.150.245
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD, as the primary showed Mcfailure doesn't have allot of supporters. For someone that disliked KK while Mcfailure was in the race you sure do love him now.

(Message edited by merchantgander on October 12, 2005)

Detbest
Username: Detbest

Post Number: 55
Posted From: 67.105.255.66
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sharon's endorsement choice is not surprising. Its kind of funny. Sharon goes from implying that KK tried to electrocute her to now supporting him.

Sounds like a bad episode of The Sopranos or better yet The Wire.

I like Sharon, I really do, but some of her decision making leaves me scratching my head.

Its been clear for sometime that she has little love for Freman and I guess she's doing what she feels is best for the City. No matter how much I disagree with her its well within her right and I don't fault her for remaining active.

I really had much higher expectations for her four years ago when she was first elected to Council. I think she had a lot of potential to really be a strong elected leader but so goes it.

At this point I don't think the endorsement will help much. Endorsements only help so much and even still Sharon has lost a lot of credibility over the past couple of years.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 203
Posted From: 64.79.90.206
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This from the Detroit Uncovered website this morning:
"On Tuesday,(Oct 11) after the story broke of the arrest of Stephen Hendrix, the son of mayoral candidate Freman Hendrix, McPhail reportedly called around to several news agencies trying to provide them with information about the incident."

And wasn't ILD right on this Board spreading a story as gospel truth - that Steven Hendrix was trying to force an abortion? Many city and county offices are talking about ILD - its very obvious who she is and who she works for.

Jmil

Post Number: 1464
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD = Sharon McPhail
WOW!!! WHO KNEW???

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 206
Posted From: 64.79.90.206
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well - pretty close.

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 4286
Posted From: 141.213.175.233
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD claimed to be on Mackinac for the big leadership conference. Said she was ferrying Bennie Napoleon around. Claimed to be at every major McPhail event. Has a blind worship complex.

Pretty safe to say she's a McPhail cronie.

Or is it "he"? I'm not quite sure.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1342
Posted From: 68.40.230.108
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh please I am a man. The abortion story came from someone else who told me that. Apparently it was not true and just a rumor. Although the press reported the forcing pills story and everything else seems to be true. I am sure the truth will all come out one day in the court. Frankly I think the whole thing is sad for the girl.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1947
Posted From: 69.221.37.99
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look to "Ilovedetroit's" orginal claim of being a blonde, White woman. Does anyone know of anyone that fits that description that works with McPhail?

Jmil

Post Number: 1466
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Oh please I am a man."

SHARON McPHAIL IS A MAN???
WHO KNEW???
Does David know this?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1343
Posted From: 68.40.230.108
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Come on Jmil that is tacky. You are better than that. I am the one you want to mess with. :-)

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 2220
Posted From: 68.249.244.119
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Apparently it was not true and just a rumor.

ILD, YOU of all people passing on a RUMOUR? I'M SHOCKED.

That you actually admitted it.

Jmil

Post Number: 1467
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One mans tacky, is another mans fun.
And dammit, I'm ready to have some fun.
Take a deep breath, relax, then come out fighting again another day. Pass the Jack.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1948
Posted From: 69.221.37.99
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't worry, on a couple of other occassions "Ilovedetroit" has admitted that certain claims were false...only to start making them again days/weeks later.

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 709
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good for her, will it help, NO!!!

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3149
Posted From: 67.37.83.143
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Attempts to sway the focus from HElmut's drunken violent offsrping? Don't worry the media smells a story and Hendrix ain't looking good.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 1267
Posted From: 4.229.81.133
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Would that be the media that has had a lovefest with Hendrix?

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1137
Posted From: 68.255.164.199
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 1:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Once people get past the fact that KK is a big black guy with an earing and listen to him they will see an intelligent man with a vision.

Yes, a vision of police officers being laid off while we buy tanks or new communication gear; a vision of street lights that don't work; a vision of...

Oh, forget it. Who am I kidding?

No matter how much evidence and reason I put forth, you won't be able to get over your dislike of Freman Hendrix.