Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » This damn job? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 547
Posted From: 205.188.116.201
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 - 1:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sounds like he doesn't want it...Freep

Rochelle Riley: You can't -- in the middle of a campaign for mayor -- move around the allegations that a woman -- a mother -- may have been killed because of something she knew, experienced or that had to do with city officials.

Kwame Kilpatrick: It's ridiculous. And it's so untrue that it's pathetic. I have a wife that loves me dearly and children, and I never had a blemish on my record never, nothing, nothing until I got this damn job. ... I would rather people criticize the hell out of the job that I do.
Top of pageBottom of page

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 266
Posted From: 198.109.44.2
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 - 2:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think this man's credibility is being blurred by certain instances that have occurred during his career as Mayor. While I know that the task of running a blue collar industrial city that is going through an identity crisis might not be that easy, I have to admit that the mayor has doen a lot for the city and has set the course for its future.

I never thought that i would find myself defending this Mayor but feel I have to mainly because some things have drastically changed in this city. The downsizing of city goverment was necessary because we just don't have the population to support staff. I think that Kwame deserves a B- in running the city.

By the way if he had a party in the Mansion...I'm sure it wasn't the first there and probably won't be the last. He is afterall a grown man and is entitled to be responsible for any and all actions that take place during his term.