Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » Mayoral Debate « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rosedaleken
Username: Rosedaleken

Post Number: 80
Posted From: 68.43.125.146
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, this is a perfect example of reality being better than fiction. Who do you think won?

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 295
Posted From: 69.222.52.228
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know, but this was some funny shit!!!

Damon
Username: Damon

Post Number: 566
Posted From: 172.153.46.142
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I cringed through the whole thing. God bless Detroit. :-(

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 1122
Posted From: 68.42.168.234
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No one won, and Detroit might have lost. Very disappointed in both candidates.

Rosedaleken

Post Number: 81
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, it was funny, but kind of sad it's come to this. On the candidates- I hate to admit it since i'm voting for him, but Hendrix HAS to get better at concisely answering the question asked, some of those responses were hard to follow. On the other hand, I felt he somewhat negated the effect of the School Board comment with Kwame's Lansing activities.

Dfdems
Username: Dfdems

Post Number: 53
Posted From: 69.212.225.78
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame is a better speaker by far. I think most of it was rhetoric but if you don’t follow the news on a daily basis or don't pay much attention he looks like a better candidate.

Having said all of that I wouldn’t vote for Kwame, no thanks..

Detroit EMS

Damon

Post Number: 567
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In my opinion, no one won. I felt like I was watching a scene from the movie 8 Mile, but instead of battle rapping, they were debating. I feel so sorry for Detroit, my hometown. Although I support Hendrix over Kilpatrick for office, I don't believe that much will change in the next 10 years. I wanted to root for Hendrix but his debate skills are unsatisfactory for the most part. His inability to deliver crisp and concise answers bothers me a great deal. Kilpatrick comes across as a thuggish playground bully and Im sick of it. Detroit has suffered greatly during the last 50 years. This is true, but I have never seen the city in worse shape (besides areas close to SuperBowl range) in my lifetime and I am greatly depressed about it. The spirit of Detroit has taken a noticeable hit during the last 3 or 4 years. You can feel it. Sometimes it doesnt even feel like Detroit anymore.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 560
Posted From: 205.188.116.201
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame is such a pimp it's disgusting - if he didn't have a family he'd probably go rent one just for the campaign

Liked Hendrix gettin' pissed about his sister being mentioned - there's life there

Hendrix seems to speak better out of the debate format - Kwame's speaking skills seem to have him intimidated one on one in the spotlight - seems like he's guarding against giving Kwame something to riff on

(Message edited by lilpup on October 17, 2005)

Chow
Username: Chow

Post Number: 200
Posted From: 69.136.145.251
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was ugly. Not buying anything Kwame is saying, already have had four years of that.

Detbest
Username: Detbest

Post Number: 58
Posted From: 208.59.122.52
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Both candidates in my mind had very clear objectives in this debate.

KK needed to explain his four years and show why he deserves to be re-elected. In order to do so, he would have to show real accomplishments that outweigh the unquestionable negatives from his first term.

For FH, he needed to show that he has the strength and backbone to hold the office of Mayor and that he is worthy of the support of voters who are disatisfied with KK and looking for an alternative.

In my opinion, KK seemed to only hang his hat on cutting grass, paving roads and shoveling snow and failed to answer some of the major issues. Question has been do his positives outweigh all the negatives. To date the answer has been no.

Freman showed more fire and stood toe-to-toe with KK, moreso than in the first debate. I think he probably showed a number of voters that he is up to the challenge of being Mayor.

I give the clear edge to FH since he accomplished what he needed to do while KK didn't.

Damon

Post Number: 568
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How many times is Kwame going to point out that he cuts grass? C'mon Kwame! Youre running for mayor, not a landscaping company!!

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 3321
Posted From: 207.74.111.59
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Ghettoman and my street prophets were there and we were cherring. "NO MORE PARTIES"!!!

I glad that Hendrix address the audience that " the party's" over for KING KWAME! He mentioned about the bus layoffs, family issues of KING KWAME'S SISTER IN THE ILLEGAL PAYROLL. He aslo talk about while he was on the D-DOT bus a 26 year old man who just recently enrolled in WCCCD has two jobs. He have to quite his two jobs becuase hid bus came super late. He mentioned to the audience about the community issues, Hendrix will do some action NO TALK! He also talked about why the DHC under the KILLpatrick administration is not getting the " waiting list" started for more other wanted a good decent home in Detroit. And that led to HUD takeover of the DHC. I say to him good job HENDRIX you really won this debate for the second time.

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 224
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a question for Detroit!

After watching the debate, WHY IN THE HECK, WOULD ANYONE VOTE FOR FREEMAN HENDRIX????

super d(motordetroit)

Michigansheik
Username: Michigansheik

Post Number: 15
Posted From: 69.242.215.232
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this debate was less about issues and more about he did this i did that. Thats too bad.

I agree with the comment the FH did stand toe to toe this time which is good but i want the mayor to focus on the issues which neither did.

But I still beleive that cutting some grass and having fun aren't enough to get re-elected.
The snow plowing thing is a non-issue, there was a policy not to plow the snow that was first changed once under Archer and then changed more under KK which is good but I think anyone would have done that with the resources. Archer ordered the plows its' just that the lead time was over 1 year for them to arrive.

We want safety, lower taxes, and a more efficient and proactive DPW. Let's hope Thursday addresses those issues.

The 5th precinct does look sad though :-(

Detbest

Post Number: 59
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super, a more important question would be after watching the past four years why would anyone vote for KK?

What's more important, an hour debate or a four year term?

But in answering your question, FH showed me a couple of things. One he understands what KK has been doing wrong for the past four years. Secondly, he understands what some of the important priorities are for the City and has an approach that I believe is needed.

That being said, I really don't put much stock in these debates. I know enough about both candidates personally and professionally to make an informed vote.

As an African-American male in my 30s I would love to be able to vote for one of my peers as Mayor. But, KK has proven to me that he is not deserving of another term and I have confidence that FH is the right person with the right experience for my City.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1351
Posted From: 68.40.230.108
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hendrix had to keep reminding people that Kwame is the big bad black man and I am the nice polished black man. However, he may have kept reminding people of that but he did a really bad job. He was trying to show he had backbone but he came across as a bitch. He never did answer any question w/o bringing Kilpatrick down. I think the pundits will say that KK won (but they won't like saying it). Kilpatrick did a good job of explaining where we are and where we need to go. If people would stop believing the newspapers and listen they would find an intelligent man with a plan. With Hendrix we get little evil quips and NO substance. He has to hide the fact that he doesn't have a plan. Esp. a tax plan!

THIS IS ONE DETROITER WHO IS VOTING FOR KILPATRICK!

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3171
Posted From: 68.73.32.183
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The snow plowing thing is a non-issue, there was a policy not to plow the snow that was first changed once under Archer and then changed more under KK which is good but I think anyone would have done that with the resources. Archer ordered the plows its' just that the lead time was over 1 year for them to arrive.

Not quite accurate. Archer was criticized for not shoveling the CBD furing the autoshow. There were eight foot mountains that folks had to climb over and the out of town press had a field day and blasted Dennis. Then the local press ran with the story and after Dennis used construction vehicles to ploy the CBD because his planning did not get the proper equipement needed, he got blamed for not plowing the mayor streets fast enough. This led to the criticism for the residential streets which would never have occured if he didn't screw up so badly on the mayor streets.

Damn! Helmut didn't even give a shout out to his kids. Is he that angry with them? What about Helmut's brother?

Michigansheik
Username: Michigansheik

Post Number: 18
Posted From: 69.242.215.232
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

but there were policy changes in regards to how much snow would be on the ground before residential plowing would be done.

for our taxes, it's too bad they don't always get plowed.

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 1500
Posted From: 68.73.55.127
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, ILD the only one.

Freman kicked his azz. Hendrix won that debate, even though that was not supposed to happen.

He bitch slapped Kilpatrick hard and often.
When the camera showed split screen, Kilpatrick looked dazed and confused. His face was contorted like he was actually feeling the blows.

The Hendrix campaign office was on fire, you could feel the electricity flowing.

Can't wait unitl tomorrow for the fact checker, Good thing Kilpatrick ain't Pinocchio, he told so many lies, his nose would reach to 7 mile.

Thursdays debate should be totally wild. Kilpatrick will be so desperate, He might just fall on the stage and have a tantrum. I know he really wants to "hit somebody" now.

Anybody got the number to U-Haul?

When is mommy dearest up for election?
Time to send Mr. Clarke to Washington.

Jmil

Post Number: 1501
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"What about Helmut's brother?"

He was sitting next to me, enjoying the hell outta the debate. Along with 100 other people.
When the debate was over, the place really got packed. Loved every second of it.
Freman Hendrix
for Mayor 2005!
Leadership that works

(Message edited by jmil on October 17, 2005)

Rosedaleken

Post Number: 82
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of course, let's criticize Hendrix for his "quips" since Kwame has never used any right? And it's nice of Kwame to bring up Hendrix's sister since the Mayor is the image of equal and transparent hiring practices right? Then the "us" comment, the media doesn't want us to succeed?! Give me a break, it's getting tired. No, the media doesn't like Mayor Kilpatrick, and he earned it. Time for him to pack up and peace out.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1354
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kilpatrick will win this. You will see mobilization in the neighborhoods (that never get polled) on election day that will look like an evacuation!

Kilpatrick had every right to bring up the sister - she lost 18 million.

And winning the debate. They just stated on channel 4 that they mayor probably won the debate tonight.

Freman pissed off the crowd with his civility comment thus the booing!

Kilpatrick won plain and simple. Hendrix should be embarrased by his lack of plan.

Jmil

Post Number: 1502
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD, No baby, no.
Its okay, I understand, but no baby, no.

Detbest

Post Number: 60
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh boy, here we go again ILD with your predictions.

Lets just say your record in this regard is a less than stellar.

What neighborhoods will KK be mobilizing? Sounds like you're reaching ILD. You may want to go and revisit some of your comments from the primary. You made a number of unfounded and erroneous statements then and seems like you're heading in that direction.

You're wishing something will occur won't make it happen. There's no groundswell of support for KK, its just not there. Too little time and too little record of accomplishment.

FH needs to keep the pressure on.

Three weeks to go....21 days....

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1355
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah Jmil. I hate to be mean and see you cry because you are somewhat normal :-)

But start accepting it - Kilpatrick will win. Those undecideds will go with the mayor...better the devil you know than the one you don't. Plus at the end of the day people are realizing that KK is smarter than Hendrix. And KK actually has a plan! So cozying up to Rudy huh? Are you going to have a spot in the administration and will Hendrix bloat the pay rolls back up to 21,000. He owes everyone!

Jmil

Post Number: 1503
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"So cozying up to Rudy huh?"

Naw, Rudy is a nice guy, but I make a lousy networker, I never bother to introduce myself.
The same way you feel about Hendrix, I feel about Kilpatrick. Unlike the Kilpatrick, I don't think Hemdrix is that pretty. Not in my book anyway. I'm starting to wonder about that boy. He keeps bringing that up. Is that his way of trying to tell the gays folks he down?

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 1298
Posted From: 4.229.72.97
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 2:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The way I saw the debate (I didn't see the first one), was that it was a draw.... a WSU political science professor said the same thing.

KK needs a TKO in order to win. He didn't get one. Hendrix needed just to look good, and he did. So I don't think that the polls will change much, which will work to Hendrix's advantage.

As far as the audience goes, I believe that it was half Hendrix/half KK supporters. We can always be pretty certain where any boo-ing originated from, no surprise there.

Dfdems

Post Number: 54
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 2:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since everyone is happy to show their signs of support...

(Message edited by dfdems on October 18, 2005)

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1953
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 2:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hendrix clearly slapped Kilpatrick around in the debate. FH calling KK out on his comparisons to CAY...FH calling KK out about his family on the payroll after KK took a shot at FH's sister...FH closing statement about KK having fun while other Detroiters weren't nearly as fortunate...FH saying that "if he had $1 for every inaccurate/false KK statement, could balance the budget and have a surplus"...were some of the biggest shots of the night. FH talked plans, facts, and issues. KK talked about himself (as usual) and redundant lame lines about "cutting grass".

When the fact checks from the media come out tomorrow, it's going to look even uglier for KK.

The snickering at the Channel 4 tape of the poor, older White woman and her issues, by some of the Kilpatrick supporters was simply disgusting. Charles Pugh clearly cheering for KK was laughable. KK supporters chanting and marching around outside just looked plain amateurish.

"He was trying to show he had backbone but he came across as a bitch."

"Ilovedetroit" that quote perfectly describes you. I saw your girl McPhail practically falling over herself in the Kilpatrick camp at the debate. Gee another "undecided". Can't wait for her "announcement" about "who she's going to endorse" tomorrow.

Nellonfury
Username: Nellonfury

Post Number: 30
Posted From: 68.43.156.135
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This Mayoral Election debate is like Tyson Vs. Holyfield match. When KILLpatrick was talking about Hendrix's sister...boy he was SOOOOOO piss he wanted to B***h slap Kwame in front of people and I don't blame him.

Danny

Post Number: 3322
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 8:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The result of the debate is neither candidates were being like attack dogs. Barking at eacher other before they address the issues. KING KWAME came much with slick 7 city resource materials that Hendrix didn't do while he was city deputy under Archer. Now about the snow removal issue. During the Archer era, its administration didn't know that mother nature is going to dump 2 feet of snow in Detroit, but now this is ready and they learn from its mistakes. KING KWAME address the issue that why Hendrix didn't step in help the city clear off of its La Nina snow? But Hendrix rebuttled that, It wasn't my main problem it was Archer so don't blame it on me. He know that the city was crippled under the test of Mother Nature and he along with Archer did whatever in it power to remove all of its snow which they did within 2 weeks before mother nature crank up the heat the flood our homes by late January.

Our candidants need to STOP barking like dogs and focus on what Detroit needs to meet that social responsibilty requirements.

Danny

Post Number: 3323
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's get this out of office. Hendrix all the way.

Nellonfury

Post Number: 31
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with you Danny. Time is running out for both of them.This debate was crazy both of them didn't focus on the city.Here's what I think if we vote right now:
KILPATRICK:
This guy had enough fun already and he got this city into this big budget mess,laiding off fires dept.and police officers, try to cancel this year's fireworks,cutting off 24 hour bus running,and more damage he did. If he wins(100% he won't).He needs to get his act together and do what's right for the city.The only thing he did was good is fixing roads and building houses.Other than that,why voting for him when he did a lot of damage???
HENDRIX:
Most of the things that he said I agree with.Kwame needs to know that being mayor is NOT FUN!!!Because of him,city is falling apart.When Archer was mayor I "never in my life" hearing these stupid things about him.He and Hendrix was in office they bounce budgets bringing new life to Detroit like Ford Field,Compuware,Campus Martius,The casinos,etc.
Let's hope the last debate they focus on the city instead of each other.

Danny

Post Number: 3324
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ilovedetroit,

KING KWAME may did his attack dog strategy to slow down Hendrix's rebuttle, but You have to know that the media is been on to him from the Wild parties in the Club Manoogian to the exploitations of city expenses. And the citizens of Detroit now feeling sorry for themselves of what he did in order for the media to give a behind whoopin'.

Do you want a mayor who is acting like Peter Pan creating his Neverland for the lost boys which I called them the Six Mile Smurf Gang.

Do you want a thug who lays off D-Dot's 24 hr bus service even though we have new busses out already.

Do you a thug who didn't fulfill his promises to have 5,000 abandon homes torn down near a public school.

Do you want a thug who didn't repond enough to Detroit Public Schools system. I glad that Proposal E didn't pass YAY!!

Do you want a thug who bash the suburbs from his last debate.

Do you want a thug who used our city money to buy his wife a Red Lincoln Navigator.

Anyone who voted for KING KWAME before is getting more spiritual sick than the people of the United States who vote for a facist, republican, international terrorist, warmongering KING GEORGE" BIN-LADEN" BENDAR BUSH.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1357
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 9:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Archer and Hendrix were not all that great. They put stuff and let everyone have their way. Neither of them had any backbone then nor now. Detroit NEVER got better under their regime. All you guys ever site is what happened downtown. What happened in the neighborhoods (where I live) NOTHING! KK is not perfect and that I will admit. But he is doing work in the neighborhoods. I know I am in the minority as a white Detroiter who supports the mayor - but there are a lot of us out here who see that KK is not perfect but Hendrix will be worse and was worse. KK has learned what the word mayor means and we will see much better out of him the next four years. I site the development in the city as good and the reorganization of the police dept. Even I see more cops in the street now that there are less people sitting in a precinct office. I hate Hendrix's idea of mini-stations - even Benny Napoleon sited Hendrix's policing plans as outdated before he supported him. The casino camera idea is crazy - what will 50 cameras do when each casino has 400....BIG BROHTER IS WATCHING and his name is Hendrx.

Nellonfury

Post Number: 32
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Ilovedetroit
Kilpatick + thug = Nino Brown
This is Detriot not New Jack City

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 9035
Posted From: 64.118.137.228
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Snow plowing my ass Kwame! My street got plowed one fuckin' time last winter, 4 days after the fact! Fed up with Kwame's shit, anybody would be an improvement.

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 1124
Posted From: 150.198.150.245
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD, no stories of people throwing away their Hendrix pins and asking for a KK pin. That is not like you after a debate. No lies or false stories to tell.

Jmil

Post Number: 1504
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAY Supersport!

I wish he would clean up the city. Every day I drive exit the Lodge near Cobo and there is a big trash container, yet there is trash everywhere. Driving down 7 mile, the street is lined with trash. Looks like a ticker tape parade was held. It is like this all over the city. The areas around gas stations are the worst. Litter tickets should be passed out like halloween candy. Clean it up!

I have asked this before:
How come there is no public service campaigns about making/keeping Detroit beautiful?
Beyond the once a year Motor City Makeover.
Which seems to me to be a dismal failure.

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 743
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What has Kilpatrick done in the neighborhood? Not a damn thing, especially not in my hood. No snow plowing (I pay $20 yearly for snow service), barely can get Rouge Park's grass cut and the park clean. So, Mr./Mrs. please stop with that Kilpatrick neighborhood speech.

As far as the debate, Hendrix did step up his game. There were points that he brought up that need to be addressed, like the school take over issue. KK was trying to throw rocks at Hendrix and Hendrix wasn't laying down this time.

I don't care if Hendrix is not a great debater, I care less. I want someone that will get the job done, as far as running this city that I pay property and income taxes to.

Jmil were you close to the Congresswoman, I understand that when Hendrix made that statement about working with her if elected, the Congresswoman was shaking her head no. Did you or anyone that was at the debate see this?

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 43
Posted From: 66.238.170.33
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ilovedetroit wrote:
Hendrix had to keep reminding people that Kwame is the big bad black man and I am the nice polished black man.

How's the kool-aid tasting these days, ILD? The only thing more pathetic than Kwame trying to say that "the white media"/the public/the universe is against him because he is a big black man (you forgot the the standard "with an earring" line) is that he has found other people to brainwash with this crap.

I couldn't care less how black or big Kwame is (how can that even be much of an issue in Detroit, where the city is something like 8% white?), how smart he THINKS he is or the fact that he has a law degree (neither thing has anything to do with common sense, which he so clearly lacks).
What I DO actually care about:
--The city is nowhere near as safe as an urban city should be. Someone entered my house two weeks ago and it took officers 4 hours to show up--and my wife and I were somewhat surprised that they DID show up. I drove past the 5th precinct--what should be our precinct--last week and it IS boarded up. In order to have direct contact with the police, I have to drive 25 minutes to the 9th precinct on Gratiot. And I'm not interested in what Ella Bull****-Cummings has to say in support of the mayor in terms of the police department, because she sold out all her integrity when she covered for him on the Navigator.
--I pay $50 a year to my neighborhood association to have a PRIVATE plow company clean the snow off our street in the winter. The city SAYS that they will come out if there are 4 inches or more, but I have yet to see that. Kwame needs to talk to average citizens in Detroit to find out that the city rarely backs up what he claims.
--I'd like proof that 7 of the schoolgirl rapes took place in parks where the grass was high during the Archer adminstration. I'd also like to know how many crimes have been committed in or near buildings that the city under Mayor Kilpatrick was supposed to have torn down already.
--Some people argue that the mayor's spending habits and the "alleged" *cough cough* Manoogian Mansion party are not legitimate issues. I say they are, because they reveal something about character--or lack thereof. Kwame has made it quite clear THROUGH HIS ACTIONS that his priority is NOT the city, it's ME ME ME ME ME. I don't need four more years of that.

So ILD, you can take Boss Kilpatrick and his shady dealings at Manoogian Hall, his cronies,his credit card purchases, his security detail, his Navigator, his sold-out police chief, his friends and family, his former enemy who accused him of trying to put an electric shocker in her city council seat and throw yourselves yet another grape kool-aid party to keep repeating the lies so much that they become the truth to you.

Leave reality to the rest of us. And the reality is that KK needs to go!

(Message edited by eastsidechris on October 18, 2005)

Jmil

Post Number: 1505
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1honey, I watched the debate on big screen at the Hendrix headquarters. Jefferson & Chene.

After the debate, Hendrix came to the headquarters and spoke to his supporters. He related the story about Cheeks-Kilpatrick.
Everyone started shouting/cheering Senator Hansen Clarkes name. If she doesn't want to do her job to help the city, no problem. We will replace her with somebody that will.

Join us at Hendrix headquarters for Thursdays debate. Pizza/salad provided.

Still looking for volunteers.
Come phone bank, canvassing, or get in where you fit in.

1honey

Post Number: 745
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok thanks Jmil for your response. Yes, I hope that Hansen runs against Cheeks-Kilpatrick.

I will try to make it to the headquarters on the eastside on Thursday, that's a long drive for me :-).

Eastsidechris thank you very much for those comments. I feel ya!!!

Doctors
Username: Doctors

Post Number: 671
Posted From: 68.42.124.248
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think KK won the debate hands down.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 213
Posted From: 64.79.90.206
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a very touchy and dangerous neighborhood situation that I'd like to discuss with the command staff (anyone)at the (new) Southwest District precinct.

I went there on Sunday without an appointmentnand cooled my heels for 30 minutes with no instruction about when or if the officer in charge might come out and talk to me. I left, admitting that I have no gripe because I had no appointment.

Then yesterday, I called the commander's office at 9:30 AM to make an appointment. His aide volunteered that that he would certainly want to speak to me about the issue (as it is a serious and dangerous one) but here it is 10:30 AM on Tuesday and I do not have the courtesy of a call-back.

I think that most Detroiters will agree with me: we begin to think that we are on our own as the DPD is in choas and not responding to citizens.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 580
Posted From: 64.139.64.80
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hendrix sucked and Kwame was "good." I will say this...Kwame did come out of the gates extremely fast. It was great to see someone with the balls to go after free-loaders' bullshit so aggressively!

The whole he said she said you're lying no, you're lying thing was tiresome. But, what to expect. This is what we get when we have a race between two McNamara Machine Chronies...

I will say this: Since I always vote and must decide...I've decided on Kilpatrick. The city is growing and getting better (not as fast as I want it to but definitely faster than when archer was mayor) so why change now? I'm not going to be scared by these threats of a State takeover...not enough to make me vote for the free-loader.

d

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 141
Posted From: 141.217.84.73
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about issues that actually matter, like tearing down abandoned houses? How many has Kilpatrick tore down? He pledged during his 2001 campaign to tear down 5000 houses. Has he?

Of course not. He tore down less than half the number of houses he "promised" to during his first campaign, and yet we should believe this man when he makes promises in 2005.

Guess who got the contract to tear down houses in the city? That's right, Bobby Fergueson. Guess how much it costs the city to tear down a house under Kilpatrick? $15,500 per house. It cost $6,500 under Archer. But I'm sure the fact that Bobby Fergueson has the contract has absolutely NOTHING to do with the price going up 250%.

I'd like to hear you KK supporters try to justify these numbers and KK's failed campaign promise (one of many).

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 4302
Posted From: 68.43.31.87
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But... he mowed the lawns in city parks every 10 days!

If I had five dollars for every time he bragged about that crock of schitt...

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 301
Posted From: 198.109.44.2
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FREEMAN WILL SELL OFF THE REST OF THIS CITY

And all of you forumers who are supporting him, I don't want any of you to get pissyannied about all of your precious lil buildings that will be torn down if he wins the election.

Just make way for the LBP freeway that was once Woodward Avenue.

Gistok

Post Number: 1301
Posted From: 4.229.72.217
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Broken_main, you're starting to sound like a Broken_record when it comes to LBP and Hendrix...

Just another way to scare all the black folks into voting for KK.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1358
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Again people are making St Freman a deity because he was associated with Archer. ALSO Bobby Ferguson had more business under Archer than KK. Another ploy of the media to get everyone affraid of the BIG SCARY BLACK MAN and vote for the nice polished black man who smiles and does the bidding of the suburbanites and special interest groups meaning the sellout over at the police unions. Hendrix makes my skin crawl. He and Bush would make a good team.

Jmil

Post Number: 1506
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Big scary black man, LBP, ya'll crack me up.
There were about 100 people at headquarters watching the debate. After the debate, there were about 200-250 people at headquarters.
99.5% black. Ya'll can save the boogey man routine.
WE black, WE proud, can YOU say that?

Rosedaleken

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Kilpatrick has a much better track record of "close" cooperation with Republicans than Hendrix does, and I'm so sick of people claiming the media has brainwashed everyone. At the end of the day, these are two black men. Is there really age discrimination at work? If so, why didn't the Detroit News endorse Hill for Mayor in 2001? Kilpatrick was a "Big scary black man" then too. Don't believe the hype...

Velma
Username: Velma

Post Number: 2702
Posted From: 68.78.185.181
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Am I the only person who noticed that Kwame spoke of how Detroit received positive recognition from the President over the City's disaster/crisis response, but then a few minutes later spoke of Bush as an ineffective President?

Velma
Username: Velma

Post Number: 2703
Posted From: 68.78.185.181
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And how can Kwame say that he wants to get past the whole "us vs. them" / "suburb vs. city" mentality and that he wants to solve racial issues when just a few weeks ago he stated (without any statistical evidence)that more Birmingham kids are on drugs than Detroit kids?

1honey

Post Number: 751
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not thinking before he speaks.

Dfdems

Post Number: 56
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It’s funny you should bring up the cities “crisis/disaster” response. The feds have thrown money hand over fist for cities to prepare for weapons of mass destruction and terrorist attacks. Where is it? It didn't make it to EMS and if it did we missed it on the street. This great plan the city talks about is a bookmark on somebody’s computer downtown over the internet. They haven’t shared it with the masses nor have we ever been told what it is or what we are supposed to do. ZERO training for the most part. The feds even hand out free flip books on it. Don't have them though..

Hop in your car and drive to a WMD incident and try and help someone there. The only difference is my vehicle is a city vehicle with red lights, I might get there quicker. Other than that we are both screwed because I imagine we have the same equipment to deal with it (none.) The promised gas masks, MK II kits for nerve agents, um…where are they?

The new radio system with the “mobile data computers.” Nice to look at but only half of the EMS vehicles have them, the other half doesn't. Either way, we are not allowed to use them as the city hasn’t done any training on them. During the blackout we found out what happened from XM radio in a car, not the city and I was working. Hopefully police and fire are better prepared but I can say that the plan we may or may not have hasn’t made its way down to me and I am the guy who shows when you call 911, not the mayor.

Detroit EMS

Chow
Username: Chow

Post Number: 201
Posted From: 198.109.30.206
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man Kilpatrick sonds nice. And those ideas are good. Wow hes impressive. But he is playing the role of challenger. He states that Hendrix has done nothing in his 7 years, and mentions what he will do.
WHAT ABOUT THE FOUR YEARS YOU'VE HAD ALREADY!
Hendrix needs to step up and challenge what Kwame's done. Kwame sounds nice, the ideas are nice, but why weren't they done in the previous four years?

1honey

Post Number: 753
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To busy partying.

To all the fellows on DetroitYes! Would you ever say to another man that he has a pretty face? I thought that was crazy last night, I thought that I heard that line before, but maybe not.

Warriorfan

Post Number: 142
Posted From: 141.217.84.76
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just the facts please, Free Press examines the truthfulness of claims made in last night's debate:

http://www.freep.com/news/poli tics/truth18e_20051018.htm

Kilpatrick said: Archer hired Hendrix's sister, Terese Walton, to work for the city's housing commission.

Hendrix said: Kilpatrick shouldn't talk about other people hiring their relatives.

The Free Press found: Kilpatrick has hired at least seven relatives and 12 former classmates and their relatives to work for the city. Under Archer, Walton worked for the Housing Commission and Archer's sister-in-law Beth Duncombe, ran the quasi-governmental Detroit Economic Growth Corp., while Archer's cousin, Lisa Webb-Sharpe, served as president of the Housing Commission.

Yet again Kwame is proven to be a liar. Seven Kilpatrick family members working for the city versus just 3 Archer/Hendrix family members working for the city during their Admin.

Jmil

Post Number: 1512
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EMPHATICALLY - HELL NO
That boy got the hots for Freman.
I bet he & McPhail get in the backroom and fantasize about him. Kwame tells her, you can have him your way, and I'll have him mine. Hmmmmmm, yummy.
2 snaps with a twist gurl.

1honey

Post Number: 755
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

THE TRUTH: The Detroit News has reported that Kilpatrick has employed at least 17 friends and relatives, but the exact number of family members employed is not precisely known.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/me tro/0510/18/A06-352707.htm

1honey

Post Number: 756
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmmmmm, yummy.
2 snaps with a twist gurl.

I've this vision of David Alan Grier and Damon on Living Colors. LOL

(Message edited by 1honey on October 18, 2005)

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 585
Posted From: 64.139.64.80
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah the Detroit News...what an honest and trustworthy souce 1honey.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1362
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jmil - What an stupid ass comment to make. Grow up and take your little boy fantasy to the play ground.

1honey

Post Number: 760
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Q, didn't you trust the Detroit News in 2001?

Ah shyt Jmil, you pissed off ILD again. Better stop saying that ladies name.

Rosedaleken

Post Number: 84
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But I thought it was ok to be humorous, or at least it was with "Mr." Gaddis.

1honey

Post Number: 761
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nellonfury

Post Number: 33
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HENDRIX FOR MAYOR!!!!!!!
Playing with the city's money is over KILLpatrick!!!!!!

Danny

Post Number: 3326
Posted From: 141.217.173.43
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want a mayor NOT NINO BROWN like KILLpatrick.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1955
Posted From: 69.221.75.19
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah Quinn (& "Ilovedetroit")...what an honest and trustworthy source.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1956
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I will say this: Since I always vote and must decide...I've decided on Kilpatrick." -Quinn

Can you two clowns (Quinn and "Ilovedetroit") stop using that lame line. You both previously stated that you would "absolutely support Kilpatrick if McPhail lost". Then again, you both coincidently "met in the kitchen of a church at a McPhail event". Ok give it a rest, the "impartial observer/new forumer" act didn't work from the beginning, what makes you think it's going to all of a sudden start fooling anyone?

Damon

Post Number: 569
Posted From: 172.149.162.25
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

THE PARTY IS OVER KILPATRICK!

Motorcitymayor2026
Username: Motorcitymayor2026

Post Number: 4
Posted From: 71.10.63.140
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I am glad that Kwame is aware that Detroit is in the United States, and he felt he needed to share that with everyone...twice

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1961
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...Well Kilpatrick "does have more education" (than Hendrix...and just about everyone else)...not a 'smart' comment given that 12% of the city holds Bachelor's degrees and half that have advanced degrees. KK came off as looking down on the very people whose vote he is depending upon.

Bratt

Post Number: 298
Posted From: 70.227.219.115
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think he came off as looking down on people. All he said was that he was more educated than Mr. Hendrix, which was probably true. Mr. Hendrix didn't fight that comment, so I took it as being true.

And I must say this...all politicians lie and make up stuff..we know that. But when Hendrix told the story about riding the bus and talking to that guy on the bus, I am so sorry but that sounded so fake. It sounded just like President Bush when he was running and he told a story about a man. Whoever his advisor is, they should have left that one out....the Grand River bus does run at night too.

Jmil

Post Number: 1516
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt, he did not say the GR bus, he said the connecting bus. Whether or not the story is true, I do not know. He told us that story a while back at the saturday campaign rally.
I have no reason to doubt the story. I am sure that it happens all the time. Many people in this city rely on bus service, have lower wage jobs, and attend school. I think the moral of the story was kilpatrick cut bus service, a service that many detroiters need.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1962
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt, using your (Kilpatrick's) line of reasoning, he is also "smarter", "more educated", or however you want to put it...than the likes of Bill Gates, Peter Karmanos, etc. Perhaps "possess more academic credentials" would be more accurate.

And yes, let's leave out true stories that don't sound so nice. Afterall, we want the flashy, stylish, entertainment based speeches, not the pesky hassle of reality.

Bratt

Post Number: 312
Posted From: 69.216.99.117
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Watching....anybody else? What are your thoughts?

Jmil

Post Number: 1536
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I wish he would clean up the city. Every day I drive exit the Lodge near Cobo and there is a big trash container, yet there is trash everywhere."

This area has been cleaned.
I was amazed this morning, but very glad.

Brian

Post Number: 3177
Posted From: 67.37.83.248
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Charles Pugh clearly cheering for KK was laughable.

IS this a problem for Helmut? Are Helmut folks Homophobic?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1426
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of course Freman is homophobic (it is part of his un-declared Republican blood)...he has never declared where he stands with gay issues too cautious and scared to say anthing you might ask? I don't think so - just homophobic. And Charles Pugh is a KK supporter - he has good taste. Kilpatrick was not a big supporter at one time on gay issues - but he has come around. Recently he said that Detroit needs to attract more gay people to the city!

Gistok

Post Number: 1328
Posted From: 4.229.105.135
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hendrix + Never Stated Gay Issues = Homophobic

This is called a WEAK ANALOGY.... one of 41 fallacies for those who NEVER took a logic/debate class.

Warriorfan

Post Number: 151
Posted From: 68.43.81.191
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1189
Posted From: 69.212.224.131
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

FREEMAN WILL SELL OFF THE REST OF THIS CITY

Broken_main:
First off, please learn to spell Mr. Hendrix's name. There is only one "E" in Freman.

Second, there would be no need to sell anything if Mayor Kilpatrick had managed the City's finances better these past 3 1/2 years. If you're upset over what may or may not get sold, I suggest you direct your wrath towards Kilpatrick.

Finally, when it comes to the question of which candidate is merely a pawn for the suburbs, you might want to take a closer look at each candidate's Campaign Finance Report. Those reports are public record and available for inspection in the County Clerk's office. Kilpatrick has pulled in a much more of his money from the suburbs than Hendrix.

What do you think suburbanites are getting for their money?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1431
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TYPICAL HENDRIX VOTER!

NO NO FREMAN CAN'T LOSE...I AM SO SCARED!

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1190
Posted From: 69.212.224.131
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Typical Kilpatrick voter.

Thinks the Hendrix voters are scared and that if he types it in all-caps it might have some kind of impact.

*sigh*

Don't worry, ILD. In another year or so, when Mayor Hendrix has saved the City from insolvency and restored City services, we'll resist the urge to say "We told you so" more than once a day.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 582
Posted From: 205.188.116.201
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

aaawwww little kitty - damned ghetto dogs are around again

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1433
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 1:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hardly this pussy ain't affraid of a ghetto dog...I got claws!

There won't be an insolvency and if there was Hendrix could do nothing to stop it. He doesn't have the connections to do anything. They all think he is an arrogant ass at those levels. Besides all his friends in the press want there to be an insolvency. Those racist asses want to see black democracy fail.

I am surprised that you are falling for that shit Frnemecek...you seem brighter than to believe that insolvency BS.

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 348
Posted From: 198.109.44.2
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 3:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek

While I have already made a decision as far as the election is concerned. A choice that I will have to live with. I do understand that regardless of who wins, I will have to still live and work in this city and I will have to show my family and children how to be good citizens. I strongly believe that God will not give me more than I can bear.

Please excuse the mispelling of Helmuts name. I am so sorry that you take a great offense to the way that I spelled his name.

For the record, as far as the candidates are concerned, All politicians are shady. they have their under dealings and side deals in EVERY administration. As you may know, neither candidate running strikes me as being competent. anyone can run for mayor. I can, you can we all can...But you have to have money. All candidates get money from the suburbs.

Freman started his campaingn run in the suburbs. He was having meet and greets on the other side of 8 mile(Do you agree Fnemecek?)and I am sure that the mayor has his across 8 mile dealings as well. I mean where do you go when you are running for mayor in one of the poorest large cities in America...huh? To the FIA...nope!!

I think that the media plays a major part in any election. I do have acquaintances that work in the media and I see how they work. I am sure that the same newspapers, local networks, etc. that endorse certain candidates will eventually turn on the candidate just for a good story. It always happens here in Detroit.

Also, as far as selling out the city. I am in a city department that creates contracts that are IMO not in the cities best interest. These contracts were agreed upon in the early 1990's. That's years before Kwame came into office. These contracts were actually inherited by the Mayor form Archer/Freman. It happens in every city. I am sure that if Freman wins he will say that he inherited this problem and that problem. Even though Kwame is not one of my favorite people, I must admit that he has definitely delegated his authority to someone who knwos how to deal with some of the "inherited" problems. And I like that!

I must say that THIS election has, in fact, made me a better person and has taught me how to deal with adversity in a more positive way.

To be truthful on how I view the next mayor...I will personally measure his accomplishments first, by how efficient he will bring this divided city together, next by how he handles what is put before him(and how professional he handles himself). Lastly is how the decisions that he makes in this city affects my quality of life.

Be blessed Fnemecek, and may the future administration make us ONE.

Jmil

Post Number: 1541
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 4:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The tired ass white fag keep wanting to play the race card. You ain't rough enough, you ain't tough enough, and you damn sure ain't man enough to go there. Its so sad. You SAMF maybe you should do a quick check before go there.
Bewick and Mack ain't code words for me.

Time for me to invoke JMil rule #1, oops ILD, you have not been around long enough to know jmil rule #1, so let me restate it for you.

JMil rule #1, I do not respond to idiots.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1434
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jmil- So I am a "white ass fag"...good for you. You got me back for calling you an Uncle Tom. I guess name calling can be correct at times.

The next few weeks are going to be hell. Hendrix and his cronies are going to war with this city and supporters of Kilpatrick to win this election for themselves.

They will do all they can to use the press to bring him down.

They will do all they can to cover up the fact that Freman does not have a plan to do anything GOOD for the citizens of Detroit.

The News and FREEP will be calling KK and his team the worst kind of racist and stirring people up against him. They don't want KK to win...he is a black's black man...someone who don't go stepping around the white man and smiling and doing their bidding ala Archer/Hendrix...and those powers don't like african americans that are too smart unless they are Republican (Conde Rice she is ok...Colin Powell got to "uppity".) They like them nice and polite ala Dennis and Freman. With KK closing in on Freman it is going to be crazy.

Havn't you asked yourself yet - why hasn't channel four or the press showed off the polling numbers that show Freman falling? In the past when McPhail or KK were down and Hendrix was going up it was FRONT PAGE NEWS. Why? BECAUSE they dont want to plant doubt in people's minds about Freman. They don't want people to question authority! They want people to vote for the nice polite acceptable black man. Why do I know all this Jmil - because I am one of them - and I know how they think deep down in side. It takes a lot to de-program yourself and realize that racism is strong and hidden just under the surface in this town like big ole killer shark actually make that a white shark. Now with that said there are the same kind of folks on the black side - but I can excuse them a bit - they were born of a need to protect themselves from the hunter. THINK ABOUT IT YOURSELF!

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1976
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Honestly "Ilovedetroit" you have absolutely no room to question, much less criticize, ANYONE on race or sexual orientation given that you have major issues in both of those areas in your own life.

Brian

Post Number: 3184
Posted From: 68.73.32.162
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Helmut's decision to not try and get a McPhail endorsement has hurt his standings. I guess he thought his shit was thick enough.

Helmut has turned down offers to speak to McPhail supporters and other groups and their supporters, most of whom were on the fence. KK on the other hand has been soliciting anyone and everyone. Perhaps KK needs it, but as the numbers now show, and the DetNews and WDIV confirm, Helmut has sunk from a 20pt lead to an even tie in less than three weeks.

That is a damn shame for a candidate who was supposed to WALK into office.
(it also explains JMIL's increasing anger, hope you wasn't hoping on a JOB)

Gistok

Post Number: 1331
Posted From: 4.229.72.113
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's see on this thread folks poo-poo the 2 major dailies.... on the "KK trailing by 4 percent thread" they make the 2 major dailies sound like they only know the truth.....

Jmil

Post Number: 1546
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL @ Brian, yeh bro, my great inspiration in life working for the city. A bankrupt city that this is laying off folks. Yup, aiming high.
I just can't wait for one of those payless pay days.

Ya gotta do better dude.

Bratt

Post Number: 322
Posted From: 69.216.142.141
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jmil:

Now that wasn't nice at all. You probably have offended alot of people with your "white ass fag" comment. I know you offended me and I am not white and I am not gay. But it still offended me. If that is all you have...you are a very weak person.

I know a helluva lot of gay people, and let me tell you, I would rather hang out with them, then a lot of tight ass other white folks who think their shit don't stink! You betta recognize!!!

Jmil

Post Number: 1550
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brat, call em as I see em. You offended?, oh well, bet you get over it, You don't, oh well.

Didn't see you getting to offended about the "uncle tom" comment, But I don't need your empathy, I can handle mine.

You can definitely save the drama about the gay folks are friends. If you only had a clue, you would be embarassed to even TRY to come at me like that. Back off, it ain't your fight. However if you want some, you can get it. I learned from some of the best gay folks how to cat fight, so your claws better be sharp.

Bratt

Post Number: 327
Posted From: 69.216.142.141
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh.....it's on! Bring it baby...I ain't scared! YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!! You must be a stuper luper!! Tell him ILD......he messin' with the wrong one now...BIG BABY!!! And I don't need no claws....you weak....just a simple beat down would do you good......oh yeah! Please...I need a drink...and guess what...after I give you the beat down..you gonna buy me my drink! YOU BETTA RECOGNIZE!

Jmil

Post Number: 1552
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whip me, beat me, call me I'm cheap.
Oh baby, I like it like that. LOL

You can get the drink, but ain't no haps on the S&M you freak.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1504
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt is one sexy cool black women with attitude and follow thu. Watch out Jmil she will make you switch your vote!

PS - I think I saw you at Slows the other day at the bar. I remember Mr Purple Sweater w/ the FBI glasses :-)

Jmil

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

uh. no. wish it where true.
No fun for me lately. Except tonight, Berts was dead so I did the Grenadier instead. Always enjoyable. Good night, until we meet(fight) again.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1508
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jmil - I hope you are looking for a new J-O-B...on the 9th you will need one. Still not too late to join the winning team! :-) And we don't fight we just heavilty disagree.

Rosedaleken

Post Number: 94
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If he's a campaign worker it will be over, but I'm sure they'll need help changing all the signs throughout the city. I wonder when they repaint the Detroit Zoo water tower, that should be fun to watch.

Mellodrama
Username: Mellodrama

Post Number: 72
Posted From: 68.41.179.85
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a great campaign battle.. I love the anger, passion, low down dirty nature of it....