Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » Three reasons to vote for Hendrix « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jdmdetroit
Username: Jdmdetroit

Post Number: 118
Posted From: 170.20.11.116
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1) Change is needed. Reelecting a discredited mayor like Kilpatrick would hurt the city. Forget the Navigator... Kilpatrick has just plain mismanaged the city. Shortfalls of $300 million don't just sneak up on you.

2) Whether or not Hendrix is a great candidate is beside the point. The general sense of optimism and goodwill that comes with a new mayor would help the city. And it would provide an environment in which new ideas could gain leverage.

3) Hendrix might actually be a good mayor. He seems sincere. And, his manner could make him able to be the kind of regional leader Kilpatrick could never be. Lord knows our region needs leadership that crosses municipal boundaries.

Spidergirl
Username: Spidergirl

Post Number: 122
Posted From: 69.212.255.130
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You might try the Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread for this one...

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 5526
Posted From: 198.208.159.18
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

4) He's not Kwame!

Jdmdetroit
Username: Jdmdetroit

Post Number: 119
Posted From: 170.20.11.116
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OOps... thought that's where I put it

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 71
Posted From: 198.208.251.24
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

5. Kwame has aspirations beyound Detroit, Freman is here to stay.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 299
Posted From: 70.227.219.115
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jonesy,

Are you really sure Freman is here to stay? I don't feel real confident that he is. I see Freman as a "I'm going to use this position to get what I want so me and wifey can retire in style." And I see Kwame as, "I'm going to pimp this as much as I can, then leave and pimp somewhere else."

How I see Kwame: Minimum Wage Thug. Not smart enough to do the real stealing, the big time stealing and wheeling and dealing. Not looking towards the future because he is so young. Not using his position for long term gain....just short term gain. "What can this position do for me now" mentality. And "how can I get my family the hook up?". They may not be qualified, but hey they have to have a job too.

How I see Freman: White Collar Thug. I am going to use this position for personal gain. I am going to wheel and deal, make some back door deals....get big time paid for my retirement. Some people may lose their jobs, and I may have to sell out the City, but I won't be here that long. Just long enough to make a couple mil. I won't steal from the City and misuse funds. That's little petty money, I want the big time loot.

Sorry people....this is what we are dealing with.

Jonesy

Post Number: 72
Posted From: 68.73.201.149
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt,

Kwame is creating his campaign donor network. Why do you think Bobby Ferguson and other family friends are getting so many no bid contracts from the city? By making his friends wealthy, Kwame will be able to get hard money from them in the future. The Republicans have this down to a science.

"Some people may lose their jobs"

People are going to lose their jobs regardless who the Mayor is.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 216
Posted From: 64.79.90.206
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kilpatrick was very opening bragging that he would be the first black American president. If he were to win this election he would be well on his way.

Rosedaleken
Username: Rosedaleken

Post Number: 86
Posted From: 141.213.52.139
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Southwestmap, he could win this election and the next 3 and I doubt he'd ever be elected president of the US.

Hutt
Username: Hutt

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 4.229.90.75
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Re: Didn't McPhail and Napoleon endorse Hendrix after losing primary???

Jonesy

Post Number: 73
Posted From: 198.208.251.24
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Napoleon endorsed Hendrix the day after the Primary. McPhail had not endorsed either canidate until this week.

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 1522
Posted From: 68.73.55.127
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aha, that explains a lot. He wants to be President. When I saw them on tv meeting with the Baptist Minsters, Carlita was dressed like Barbara Bush. I was thinking, wassup wit dat?

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 312
Posted From: 198.109.44.2
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hutt...thats why Benedict Arnold Napoleon endorsed him so quickly. To lead people to believe that this was a Sharon McPhail endorsement as well. Looks like he got you!!

Jmil

Post Number: 1523
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

B_M, he endorsed him so fast because he had recovered from his temporary insanity.

Miss_flow
Username: Miss_flow

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He endorsed Hendrix at the urging of Dennis Archer and Irma Clarke and he got a job out of it with Ficano. That's why it was soooo fast.

Jmil

Post Number: 1524
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IF that is true, please explain why is it a bad thing? He is highly educated, tons of experience, and a nice guy, why shouldn't he be employed?

Southwestmap

Post Number: 217
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Miss Flow: Napolean endorsed Hendrix because he was embarrassed by his association with McPhail - an association that he entered into with not enough knowledge of her character. Early on Pete Waldmeir reported that Napoleon was trying to get out of the "Power of Two" campaign, but he was man enough to keep his agreement. The very minute he was free he endorsed Kilpatrick - a clear message that McPhail is someone he was mighty glad to be freed from. I think his immediate endorsement of Hendrix has to be seen as the act of a man who had a very bad few months and had seen the light.

Sharon McPhail is erratic and has a personal life that wouldn't bear the close examination of the mayoral spotlight. Napoleon, working in close contact with her, came to understand this.

Hutt
Username: Hutt

Post Number: 2
Posted From: 4.229.81.242
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had only caught a little bit of that on the news, and hadn't seen any more on it since then.
I wonder if she will be getting some kind of nice job with the city if KK is re-elected.

Miss_flow

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let me repeat myself once again. Napolean endorsed Hendrix because Archer and Irma Clarke urged him to do so. I know this because Benedict Napolean told me so because I am a relative. Unless you are also related to him and privy to inside information, quit guessing. There in no love between Napolean and Hendrix. I wish we had an audio hook up on this site so you could all hear it for yourself.

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 1146
Posted From: 150.198.150.245
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sure you are related to him, by the way this is Elvis typing.

Jmil

Post Number: 1527
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

miss flow, I don't doubt you. I just want you to please explain why is it a bad thing.

Benny said something different at the saturday rally. But, frankly his reasons don't concern me. I know he is working very hard.

Miss_flow

Post Number: 27
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jmil--
IF KK should get re-elected I would like you to extend the same courteousy to Sharon McPhail that you are so willing to extend to Napolean.
"Why is that a bad thing? She is highly educated, tons of experience, and a nice girl. Why shouldn't she be employed?"

Jmil

Post Number: 1529
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

miss flow, you got me confused with somebody else. I don't have a problem with McPhail. Had McPhail won the primary I would working on her campaign. I was very strong ABK. That has not changed for me, obviously it has for McPhail, more power to her. Sista got ta have a J O B too.

Miss_flow

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay Jmil. I feel ya.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 1307
Posted From: 4.229.72.68
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Miss Flow, you must feel pretty strongly in favor of KK, since you disrespected your own relative, by calling him Benedict Napoleon?

Southwestmap

Post Number: 218
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Miss Flow is starting to sound like someone from the Call 'Em Out Coalition. Also, isn't she so reminiscent of Brian and ILD - Benny Napoleon is her relative!

Southwestmap

Post Number: 219
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And, she doesn't know how to spell her relative's surname correctly: it's "Napoleon" not Napolean.

"He's my relative - he told me so personally" just like ILD and Brian! They must all be friends.

Jonesy

Post Number: 74
Posted From: 68.73.207.236
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Miss_flow has been busted.

*LYING IS STRCITLY PROHIBITED BY ANYONE WITH LESS THAN 50 POST*

Bratt

Post Number: 301
Posted From: 69.222.67.24
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, I know you all missed me...but stop all the bullshit. Yes, he is Miss Flow's cousin you bunch of nimwits. And I know this for a fact. So shut up unless you know her personally. You are all so quick to call people liars. That's why I question all of your credabilities....you have none.

Everything you all say is gospel, and when someone else states something...they are a bunch of liars.

Well, don't you all feel like losers....Miss Flow told the truth......SHUT IT UP!

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1371
Posted From: 68.40.230.108
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Top Three Reasons to Vote for Freman Henrix.

1. With new city dental plan he can afford to fix his overbite.

2. He can take more money to buy a multi-million dollar house in Miami "moving on up" (hum the Jefferson's theme song now) - the first seven years he only took enough to get an 820k condo.

3. He can control the cops to keep his family members out of jail thus saving on legal bills for new furniture in the Miami house.

Bratt

Post Number: 307
Posted From: 69.222.67.24
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was funny!

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3174
Posted From: 67.37.84.11
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a reason Helmut is here to stay, no one else wants him. Just like his ex-Boss Archer. Have you seen him lurking around town? They both had to buy their way into the private sector. Helmut never had a private job and was disliked at SSS. (not to be confused with the SS)
Archer, doesn't like to work to hard and thus lives of his board pay.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1966
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 3:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Take your pick:

Hendrix experience

Hendrix specific plans

Hendrix character/integrity

Kilpatrick's Navigator, Harley Davidson, Petty Cash thefts, Petty Cash misspending, credit card abuses, $300M budget deficit, unqualified friends/family employment, police/fire cuts, Detroit named nation's poorest city, Time's top 3 worst mayors, partying (DC, rumored affairs, mansion party and resulting deaths of two women, etc.), illegal firings/demotions that will cost the city millions in lawsuits, failed plans (MCS, BC, Statler outlet mall, State fairgrounds gateway, etc.), unprofessionalism (late, not returning phone calls, not complying with FOIA request, media relations, etc.), HUD federal takeover, exec protection (overtime, unqualified hs friends, etc.), and on and on...

the likes of Art Blackwell, Sharon McPhail, Karen Dumas, "The Michigan Citizen", "Ilovedetroit", Quinn, Brian, Bratt, etc. supporting Kilpatrick

Gistok

Post Number: 1317
Posted From: 4.229.90.54
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt it is hard to take anyone seriously who cannot spell their own cousins name.

Bratt it is hard to take anyone seriously if they disrespect their own family on a public forum.

That has nothing to do with lying, just disrespectin'.

Gistok

Post Number: 1318
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, do you ever find being a "mouthpiece" for the Michigan Citizen tiresome?

Cuz it is to everyone who can see thru that stupid ass rag. It becomes apparent everytime you say something about Hendrix, and always bring up Archer in the process.

Bratt

Post Number: 314
Posted From: 12.172.207.3
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gistok:

I have said this to many people. You can pick your friends, but you cannot pick your family. If someone disrespects a family member? So what?

You have to remember, everyone belongs to someone. The bum on the street is someone's cousin, Saddam is someone's cousin, OJ Simpson is someone's cousin, Kwame is someone's cousin. Just because someone is a relative does not mean you have to agree with them or heck even like them for that matter....such is life!

Gistok

Post Number: 1321
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, OK, Bratt, I can agree with that one! :-)