Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » Who's more pathetic.... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 75
Posted From: 68.73.207.236
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mcphail or the people who support her.

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 1154
Posted From: 150.198.150.245
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I belive it is a tie. But if you are talking ILD by her/his self ILD is the winner.

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 339
Posted From: 198.109.44.2
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While I respect the opinions of others I do question the amount of name calling amongst all of the forumers. All of us Detroiters have a part to play in this upcoming election...and that is to cast one vote.

I really don't think that any of of should be subject to harassment because of ones decision. Let me first say that if any of my statements offended anyone, forgive me please.

We all have a tendency to take certain issues and take a side, on this forum. However to create threads that continue to bash a certain group of people because of their beliefs is just ridiculous.

I originally came onto this site to get some opinions on all of the candidates. I do like all of the topics that concern this city that we live in. I think there are some people that need to step out of themselves and take a look and see who they really are. I often find myself asking " I wonder what it would be like to have a conversation with this person?"

I have already made my mind up as to whom i will vote so I feel I no longer need to participate in the thread. Thanks to all of you for the experience. I feel comfortable in my choice for Mayor.

Whichever candidate wins the Mayoral election in November, I pray that God blesses him to do what is right for this Great city of ours. I pray that this mayor has what it takes to take a divided city and make it one again. He will surely have a lot to deal with and we, as a community will certainly have to do our part.

God Bless you all

Please remember that there are lots of people who just come here and observe what we are doing here on this forum. Some of them happen to be our children so please be mindful of our words.

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 771
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Broken_main you need to post this comment in McPhail to endorse Kilpatrick: from Thugs to Hugs as well.

That's a great post.

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 341
Posted From: 198.109.44.2
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, I will.

You know its just gets tired. And we begin to act just like the candidates are acting. Always reacting to hearsay and not the real facts.

1honey

Post Number: 772
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You are correct. No need for anyone to call each other little p**sy or b*tch on this forum. Really unfortunate that you can't express who you like on this forum without someone calling you some punk azz name.

That's messed up!!!

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1374
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is pathetic is Jonesy's hatred of McPhail. Another stupid suburbanite who won't put their money where their mouth is. Screw you Jonesy...you have dipped to a new low. What are you so scared of? It is people like you that typically support Hendrix. Angry, pathetic people. I found a picture of you thinking up your latest attack on McPhail doing your best work on the toilet. Is this what you look like Jonesy?

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 4319
Posted From: 141.213.175.233
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. It's clear you haven't read the rest of this thread. Here Broken_main comes in and posts a great rant about not calling people names, and in comes ILD to spew the hate once again...

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1375
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I am not broken main he/she is the nice one. I am the mean one. Just like you the stupid suburbanite Aram hahahahaha

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1377
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aram - That was meant as a joke so don't get your panties too much in a twist. I know you college students don't have much money for laundry :-)

1honey

Post Number: 780
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

19 more days to go!!!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1379
Posted From: 68.40.230.108
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

19 MORE DAYS TILL HENDRIX SUPPORTERS ARE CRYING!

Dfdems
Username: Dfdems

Post Number: 59
Posted From: 69.212.225.78
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just so someone opposes ilovedetroit’s views…

Detroit EMS

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1425
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 6:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With Hendrix tumbling in the polls KK will probably win!

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 3349
Posted From: 207.74.111.42
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 8:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kanye West said that I don't give a %#@&! about Kwame. I'll supporting Freeman Hendrix.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 3350
Posted From: 207.74.111.42
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 8:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ilovedetroit

You king will fall and his parties will be over. But no need to worry Hendrix will throw a going away party for him.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1427
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny - With people like you supporting Hendrix ... I don' think so! Hendrix just keeps dropping in the polls like whale shit to the ocean floor.

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 82
Posted From: 69.212.173.172
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD, please post a link to these polls you speak of.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1428
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They have only mentioned them in the News editorial yesterday by Nolan Finley and then today in the Ed McNamara story they briefly mentioned it. A friend of mine heard them on a news blurb yesterday saying that the polls were closing???

It is funny when I worked on the McPhail campaign every time a poll was done they would throw them out there EVERY DAY it seemed like - and it was a moral disrupter. It was hard to see those. My guess is they don't want to publish them as they have all endorsed Freman and don't want to bring his campaign down. Why publish good news on Kilpatrick. The Ed McNamara story today was a rip on KK - however, they did have one short paragraph on a Hendrix negative (saying he would only make one term if he won). They just don't want you to see anything positive on KK so they bury it and don't talk about it. It has to be true why would Nolan Finley mention it in his editorial yesterday if it wasn't true.

I was at the Illumination Event last night and some friends and me were taking polls - nearly everyone we spoke to was voting for KK. They are realizing that he has the plan. Freman has NEVER produced any plans with meat to them. Tax plan - NONE. Repopulation plan - NONE. Crime plan - opening up mini-stations (total joke I want my cops on the streets not in a mini-station). His web site is full of everyone else's words that he cut and paste. A friend of mine (well respected business prof at Wayne State) once said (and at the time I did not believe him)...said that Freman's downfall would be is inability to produce any plans with significant meat to them. He said that Freman is good at "producing words". Interesting...Is that why he is falling in the polls? I guess Detroit voters are smarter after all and with a mix of ad dollars and a substantial plan they will vote for the right guy.

Eastside
Username: Eastside

Post Number: 635
Posted From: 68.42.170.57
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't wait till the great citizens of my city flush Kwame and his posse down the toilet. His BS has become so pathetic...it's worthy of nothing but a flushing at this point.
Everybody have a nice weekend.
What's swinging honey?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1430
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah east and I can't wait till Freman and his posse of magicians loose this race...

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1978
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Again "Ilovedetroit" you report the exact opposite of what actually happend with something. I was at the ILLUMINATE event with some friends, and naturally the mayor's race came up. We were only able to 'find' one Kilpatrick supporter (from the suburbs, no less). The crowd was overwhelmingly pro-Hendrix. Hendrix also sent some representatives to the event, I didn't see Kilpatrick with any reps there.

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3183
Posted From: 68.73.32.162
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is usually how Helmut gets folks at events to look like they support him. He sends over a pre-planned team. Then it appears that Helmut has support. The fact that there were no reps from KK's camp means that there was no pre-planned team from KK at the event. Its the same with the radio shows. The same people call in from the 'phone team'. They call into Mildred's show with talking points, then they call into Sullivan's show with the same talking points.

What did MD say? That a suburban person supported KK. Interesting because Helmut has been saying that the burbs want Helmut.

Bindetroit
Username: Bindetroit

Post Number: 1231
Posted From: 69.246.117.31
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Time for Detroit to get rid of more than just an earring.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1436
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was not at Illuminate as a Kilpatrick rep...just there with some friends enjoying the evening. I have never canvassed or done work for his campaing other than talk about my support and why.