Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » Kilpatrick Down by 4 Points « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1411
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I guess McPhail's endorsement didn't help much. Margin of error of 5 points...this is going to get really fun from now until the 8th!

http://www.detnews.com/2005/ed itorial/0510/21/A12-356272.htm

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3180
Posted From: 68.73.32.162
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The dry performance came on the same day WDIV-TV revealed that a new survey shows the race may be as close as 4 percentage points.

Ilovedetroit, I guess I am not suprised Helmut's folks ignored this fact. Putting this in the editorial's buried this and it wasn't getting much coverage. Pity that Helmut and his endorsers would think that their emperor has no clothes. Now the race is a tie as has been said for a long time. Not even Helmut's PR guy, Greg Bowens disagrees.

For Helmut to win, he must now go positive and say what he WILL do. He has attacked and that has done all it can do. Its all he has done. Now Helmut must say how he will save money, what specifics he can do. Its looking bad for the Helmut camp. Folks now say we know Helmut and KK are different. But they know what KK does.

Also, Ilovedetroit, you are correct about Sharon's influence.

Even Nolan Finley is backing off on Helmut. He is now asking what will Helmut do? He endorsed the man, you would think he would know.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1975
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The reason that this poll hasn't been given the same stature as other polls...

This poll was weighted with 31% under 35 voters as opposed to 15% which is what historic voting patterns dictates.

By the way "Ilovedetroit", that poll indicated 4% as the margin of error, not 5.
This poll was weighted with somewhere around 25% senior citizen voters as opposed to 50% which is what historic voting patterns dictates.

Every political analyst is saying that the undecideds are still over 10%, not the 4% indicated by this poll.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1195
Posted From: 69.220.233.145
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for clearing up the confusion, Metrodetguy.

Brian

Post Number: 3182
Posted From: 68.73.32.162
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2 Helmut political hacks.

quote:

This poll was weighted with 31% under 35 voters as opposed to 15% which is what historic voting patterns dictates.

The secret to Helmut's good polling, weighting in favor of those whom he wants their vote. If the youth turn out like they did 4 years ago, or influence their elder family members Helmut loses. I guess in a Helmut campaign, not all votes are wanted or equal.

Bindetroit
Username: Bindetroit

Post Number: 1230
Posted From: 69.246.117.31
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Hendrix leads consistently in the double digits"

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1438
Posted From: 68.40.230.108
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you watch Flash Point this morning? It was the topic with all of Freman's PR people on there spinning that fact of WHY he is going down and KK is going up. They were blaming the poll as having too many young people in it. Whatever! Even Greg Bowens (sp) his PR guy admitted it will be a tight race. IF young people vote.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 529
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a pretty big if.
What makes you think they'll care to vote one way or another?

Brian

Post Number: 3186
Posted From: 67.37.83.253
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now Helmut is saying that the undecided is in double digits. Before when Helmut supposedly lead by double digits the undecided was single digits and close to nothing.

Even the media is no longer buying Helmut's spin. Nolan Finely and the DetNews are openly calling for a receiver for Detroit. They believe that KK has a strong chance of winning and they would rather have a receiver than KK.

That is all you need to do to clinch the election for KK. Will that get out into the community?

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 315
Posted From: 70.236.202.3
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guess what, I got polled today. Well, at least they tried..

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 86
Posted From: 68.252.125.118
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So did I Bratt. The pollster was an older white woman. I can't remember the name of the research group she worked for( they called during the football game). Some of the questions were very interesting. For instance, "who do you think cares more about Detroit". Another one was, " If Kwame was able to show he reduced crime, would you vote for him". And last, "has what you heard about Freman Hendrix lately changed your opinion of him". Hopefully Kwame gather enough information today to help plan his campaigne.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 3357
Posted From: 141.217.173.154
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If only Hendrix didn't make that remark. He said that when he become mayor. "I will NEVER EVERY MAKE A MISTAKE!!" That really cost him some points. But he'll will rebound at the end.

Hendrix 58%

KILLpatrick 40%

Bratt

Post Number: 316
Posted From: 12.172.207.3
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jonesy:

Yes, it was the same questions....same group.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1441
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I got called to...my first time ever being polled! Lots of questions...

Paulmcall- Freman's people were spinning on Flash Point that the Channel 4 Poll is wrong. They polled 31% Young people and should have only polled 25% young people - and that younger people are trending more towards Kilpatrick. I still think McPhail's endorsement helped - she does well with young people (her ideas are more progressive). Of course guessing is all we are doing what matters is on the 8th.

I agree with Danny - when Hendrix made that "never make a mistake" comment I thought that spelled trouble for him - kind of like Bush I when he said "read my lips....".

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1442
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian - Did you see Flash Point on Sunday? I could not believe (well I could he is a racist, a classist and an elitist) Nolan Finley said that he wants receivership? Typical suburbanite mentality - if we can't get rid of the black man we don't want then screw them...file bankruptcy. The media is truly evil in this town and the quicker WE ALL realize it the better we will be.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 1337
Posted From: 4.229.81.208
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amen to that ILD, and the place to start is that very evil propoganda hate filled rag called the Michigan Citizen!!! They use propoganda tactics chillingly similar to what the Nazi's used in WWII. Only replace the Jews with Archer and Hendrix!!!! And the hate fest begins!!!!!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1462
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Citizen is a good paper - maybe a bit overboard at times but they research and report which is A LOT more than they FREEP and News do Besides the NY Times the only other paper I subscribe to is the Citizen...but they report the truth on Hendrix so that is probably why you don't like them.

Brian

Post Number: 3188
Posted From: 67.37.83.148
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes I did see Flashpoint. But I already knew about Finley. Mildred Gaddis used to call Finley a racist everyday. Back when she was fighitng the proposal E, she called him and others worse things. But times change and now they are on the same team. Calling for the same things.

Is that how Black folks are supposed to act?

I preferred the look of Greg "8 Mile" Bowens who tried to stand on his own but was definately intimidated. Perhaps he was worn out from picking fights back at Mackinaw.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1466
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everytime McPhail spoke he looked like he crapped his pants more. He is scared of and hater her at the same time. It was funny.

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 353
Posted From: 198.109.44.2
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 2:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greg Bowens is Helmut's PR guy. Oh my God!!! I never knew this. I know a lot about Greg, not too many good things. I am so suprised that Freman hird him especially since there were so many incidents with him in the Archer administration.

Greg Bowens was a classmate of mines back in the day at CT 1983...what a loser.

Wcpo_intern
Username: Wcpo_intern

Post Number: 1804
Posted From: 68.32.91.122
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 2:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, what was the under 35 turnout four years ago? If 15% is the historic turnout, that's all there is. I seem to remember this age group was also going to show up in unprecedented numbers and get Kerry elected.

Currie has been sending the absentee ballots to dead people and those folks surely aren't in their twenties.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1980
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"They polled 31% Young people and should have only polled 25% young people - and that younger people are trending more towards Kilpatrick."

"Ilovedetroit" please try to be a little more accurate in trying to defend the erroneous nature of that poll. Young people equals 15%, not 25, and certainly not 31%. Big differences there.

Furthermore, the "trend" of young people going towards KK is also from that particular poll, so not the best source to try to back up that claim as well.

Shave
Username: Shave

Post Number: 13
Posted From: 172.185.210.136
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metrodetguy,

Which Detroit issues are important to you and why?

What do you propose your candidate, Mr. Freman Hendrix, will do to address the issues that are important to you?

(Just wondering if you are capable of anything besides calling out everyone as a liar, a damn liar, and a god-damned liar).

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1981
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shave are you capable of anything other than trying to defend people and issues that are clearly in the wrong. Are you capable of anything other than intentionally misleading, lying, etc in order to advance the stances that you take. Will you once again resort to attacks when things don't go your way?

Recall that you made a number of erroneous claims such as "the "Sambo Awards" didn't offend anyone"..."The Call 'Em Out Coalition didn't make any money off the name Sambo", etc. Can you own up to intentionally making false statements to promote your viewpoints or are you once again trying to hide behind some false sense of righteousness?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 593
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 1:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

t-jack: how is it possible that Shave is back down to only 13 posts?

Shave

Post Number: 15
Posted From: 172.185.210.136
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 2:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lilpup,

Yikes...just noticed that.

Metrodetguy,

Just answer the damned questions!

Oh yeah, everything you just pointed out was a lie...and that is the truth.

(Message edited by Shave on October 26, 2005)

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 1770
Posted From: 66.167.211.79
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think this contest is going to be close. I sense a swing toward KK. Freman is overdoing the "vote for me because he parties with your tax dollars". IMO, his campaign should drop the ABK stuff and emphasize what he is going to do. They are making KK look like he is picked on in a classic suburban style.

Like it or not Detroit has advanced under KK. One can argue endlessly about his role or that the COC is on the verge of collapse, but the fact is that Detroit has improved, not delcined. That is an underlying strength he has and something that I thnk the undecideds are pondering. I think this will come down to turnout and if the weather is good KK is in the race.

Bratt and Jonesey, from the sound of questions you sited, you may received of a 'push poll'. This a campaign tactic that disguises itself as a poll but is really there to put questions in your mind favoring the candidate mixed with a few legit sounding questions. If you are young, it could simply serve as a reminder to vote, by making you think your opinion is valued.

It could also be candidates' internal polling. All candidates do their own polling data so they can ask questions that the mainstream pollstars don't ask. These results are kept secret. Did the say what polling agency they were with, like EPIC MRA?

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 846
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We will find out on Nov. 8th!!!

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 236
Posted From: 64.79.90.206
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"the fact is that Detroit has improved, not delcined"

Whether Detroit has improved is is certainly a matter of opinion - not fact.

The DPD is in choas. It took four hours the other night for a neighbor to get a police car to a home invasion! I had to beg and threaten this summer to get our streets washed for the first time in three years. No city snow plows showed up in the Vernor-Junction neighborhood all last winter. I don't know where you live, Lowell, but I live in Southwest Detroit where everyone is saying that we are essentially on our own.

Detroit is not better off when the national media ranks our political leadership last in the country. We are not better off when we are the poorest city with the highest illiteracy. I know that the Mayor is not in charge of the last two areas - but he epitomizes the culture of thugs and his "let them eat cake" attitude toward the people of this city does nothing to lift us up when the nation judges us so harshly. I cannot support him or vote for him. I pray that we are delivered from him and his pal Christine and his free-loading, Cristal- guzzling friends.

Morena
Username: Morena

Post Number: 357
Posted From: 216.45.2.138
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with Lowell.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/me tro/0510/26/A01-361735.htm

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 848
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I concur with Southwestmap. Guess you would have to live in our neighborhoods to understand how we feel.

As far as the commericals are concerned, I've heard maybe 3 or 4 different ads on radio and television. They all haven't been about partying on taxpayers money, some have talked about what he would like to do for the city.

(Message edited by 1honey on October 26, 2005)

Shave

Post Number: 20
Posted From: 172.192.165.131
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metrodetguy???

Please silence these crickets...I could barely sleep last night they were chirping so loud.

***crickets chirp, crickets chirp...***

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1985
Posted From: 68.248.11.218
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

--Tisk, tisk, tisk Shave. Repeating things that aren't true won't make them become reality. Perhaps your conscience is what's keeping you up at night. The truth speaks for itself.

"...my first time ever being polled!"

--Still can't keep your stories straight "Ilovedetroit". :-)

Shave

Post Number: 25
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The truth is evident that you are nothing more than a vampire. Why can't you answer two simple questions? Why?

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1986
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shave, what exactly in your mind prevents you from seeing that charging money for tickets to an event named "The Sambo Awards" is in fact making money off of the name "Sambo" (contrary to your claim).

What exactly in your mind prevents you from seeing/hearing the outrage (of people from all backgrounds) on radio, newspaper, television, online, etc.) over such an event?

Is there a particular reason that you don't want people to know that the last CH4 poll eliminated half of the ratio of the senior vote while more than doubling the ratio of the youth vote?

And on and on.

Or are you just not being honest? Why?

Shave

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps this will help:

1) Which Detroit issues are important to you and why?

2) What do you propose your candidate, Mr. Freman Hendrix, will do to address the issues that are important to you?

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1988
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shave,

Here's what will not help:

Pretending that you didn't see what I've written in regards to those questions in the past. Much like repeating false things becoming reality, ignoring things that show you to be wrong doesn't make it into right.

Shave

Post Number: 27
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metrodetguy,

I understand. Really, I do. You simply cannot answer simple questions. It's easier to just sit back and make the claim that everyone that you don't agree with is a liar, a damn liar, and/or a goddamned liar. I gotcha' there pal. All you had to say is that you could not answer the questions. I promise, I would not have laughed... (chuckles...opps, sorry).

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1991
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shave, you clearly understand dishonesty. Really you do. I will give you that much. You can answer questions all right, just not accurately/honestly.

Let me "guess", you're "undecided" too?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1489
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Watch out Shave everything you say Metro keeps a file on you...he is a Hendrix hack and he will get you one day! Be affraid very affraid...BIG BROTHER is watching or at least with 50 cameras around the city!

Brian

Post Number: 3191
Posted From: 67.37.84.201
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shave, Metrodetguy (MD) has never issued one positive reason to vote for Helmut. He has relentlessly attacked KK. Ditto on what Lowell posted. Helmut doesn't know what else to say because his plans are far worse that those under KK. KK's plans SUCK and are hurtful to Detroit.

MD and BD stopped posting once they announced Helmut was up over 20pts. But when alternative polls were finally reported on in the press which showed different results, the attack ads and their postings again increased. Notice how the media says and repeats that KK must and is attacking because he is behind. But they do not explain why Helmut is and continues to attack with falling numbers. Helmut has fallen so fast in such a short period of time that either his polls were false or he seriously screwed up in the debate and he should have tried to meet Sharon McPhail half way. In his arrogance, he believed his own hype that he could do it all by himself. He even arrogantly suggested that drinking and driving is OK. Then he accused the girl his son allegeldy battered of lying. A very typical Helmut tactic. (Everybody lies except for Helmut. Hitler used to say the same thing.) So while Helmut runs his campaign on a mythical party he spends money promoting in his campaign message, his son's personal party lands him in jail and Helmut says ITS OK!

Helmut is going to be sorry after the election regardless if he wins or losses. He has killed his own administration before he even got started.

Bratt

Post Number: 321
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Question:

4 years ago, where did most of Kwame's support come from? What age group voted him in? Did he get in because of the young vote or the older people? Also, what was the turn out at the polls at that time?

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1491
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I voted for him even though I was not real happy about it (funny same thing four years later) but I felt Gil Hill was inept and probably would not live for four years. Of course he is still around probably pickled in gin or something.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1998
Posted From: 68.248.13.131
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, you also claimed...that I only joined the forum after Hendrix's announcement of running for mayor (anyone can look to the left and see that is absolutely not true)...that Hendrix was not going to run for mayor...that Hendrix might run for City Council...that Hendrix was going to run for Congress ...that no one knows Hendrix and that he wouldn't make it past the primary...that Hendrix was having trouble raising money and that he didn't have any money...etc.

Unfortunately for you Brian, you haven't issued anything on this forum that is actually accurate.

Bratt

Post Number: 331
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Metro:

The only thing that is accurate about you is that you are crazy!