Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » The Art Blackwell Radio Show « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1243
Posted From: 70.225.118.32
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When did his show move from the afternoons on 1200AM WCHB to the mornings on 107.5 WGPR?are the powers that be that now have him going head-to-head against Mildred Gaddis in the morning?

Don't tell me that this switch is just a coincidence? It's very obvious that this was either done by very saavy station owners who want to capture the pro Kilpatrick morning radio listeners or done by Mayor Kilpatrick supporters. Hell who am I kidding, this was clearly done by Kilpatrick supporters. The question is , "How did they pull this coup off? Are the owners of WCHB the same owners of WGPR? Who's got the scoop?

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 87
Posted From: 68.73.198.62
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Money Royce.

Art's show was taken off the air about a month ago. I think WCHB removed his show to avoid having 8hrs of pro Kwame talk radio ( Karen Dumas from 10-2 and Art Blackwell from 6-10).

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 819
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I would probably not dislike Freman as much if he would dump that pig as his big supporter".

Stop lying you would still dislike Freman regardless.

I hate that they put him on in the morning and stop playing my morning drive music.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1469
Posted From: 67.101.190.144
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would like him better - you are who you hang around with. I still would not vote for him. At the first TV debate she was there with Freman uggggh....just looking at her makes my skin crawl.

1honey

Post Number: 832
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YOU SILLY

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1476
Posted From: 65.170.188.144
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know I am silly...but I really can't stand Mildred Gaddis. Try being gay and having to listen to that cow preaching on the radio that REAL Detroiter's will vote for Prop 2...and that "the gay lifestyle" is immoral in God's eyes. I had to hear that for 3 months from the cow's mouth. She is awful.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 60
Posted From: 141.217.46.39
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder if Art will disappear on Nov 9th

Detbest
Username: Detbest

Post Number: 64
Posted From: 67.105.255.66
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD, have you stopped to ponder KK's comments about gays? While you are a strong supporter of his, he's the one who said he wouldn't want his children around you or any other gays. Just trying to understand how you reconcile the two.

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 225
Posted From: 66.238.170.33
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"You are who you hang around with"

ILD...you hang around with Sharon McPhail.

Morena
Username: Morena

Post Number: 352
Posted From: 216.45.2.138
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only thing that should be on Art Blackwell's mind should be Highland Park.

Instead, he's spending significant morning hours on the Highland Park radio based, RJ (I want a free Comcast TV station) Watkins, WGPR talking about Detroit politics.

Why ain't the Governor telling him to stay out of Detroit politics and focus on his assignment in Highland Park? She afraid to tell Art what to do?

Mellodrama
Username: Mellodrama

Post Number: 10
Posted From: 68.41.179.85
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blackwell is a worthless slug like Mildred Gaddis , these clowns deserve each other..

Royce

Post Number: 1244
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good points, Delbest. I wonder how ilovedetroit will respond to your comments. I remember now what Kilpatrick had to say about his children and gays and thought it was rather insensitive to the gay community.

Comments like that are part of the reason why I can't vote for Kilpatrick. I get nervous every time he opens his mouth because I know he's gonna say something embarrassing. He's almost as bad as Bush. Eloquent speaker my ass. He finds a way to put his foot in his mouth at almost every opportunity.

Have you heard "this is God's city" radio commercial? Awful, just awful. Who told him to come up with a slogan like this? Have you ever heard any other politician claim his or her city as "God's city?"

This is just one example of the poor phrasing that Kilpatrick comes up with. Trust me, there are many, many more examples. "Leave the prostitutes alone, 'Fat Ass.'"

(Message edited by royce on October 25, 2005)

Mellodrama

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just saw a empty suit Hendrix commericial bragging about some alleged stuff he did while working for Archer.. lol,lol,lol does this weak-arse clown have any vision??

Jonesy

Post Number: 88
Posted From: 68.248.16.212
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royce, I heard a couple of prominent members of the Council of Baptist Pastors use the phrase "God's city". Kwame and his Mother started using it after he received their endorsement. It's sad, but stuff like that does resonate with some voters.

Detbest

Post Number: 65
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royce, there are a number of KK's comments that make me scratch my head in amazement.

In one of the last debates he went on about how the mayor of Detroit was the most strategically important office in the country, I believe was how he put it. He continued to say it was more important than the governor or even president.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I guess that's why he runs around town like he's the president of some nation. That kind of mind set feeds into the belief that he and many of his cronies have that they're much more important than they really are.

More time locked in the office balance the budget, paying bills ontime to avoid late fees would be time better spent than flying around the country spouting off how important he is.

Royce

Post Number: 1245
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 12:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detbest, I heard that comment and I too was shaking my head. Comments like that are scary because they speak to the mind-set of this mayor. Does the mayor have an inferiority complex? It's one thing to praise Detroit for its positives, but to say superlatives about Detroit and himself when there are obvious major problems occurring in this city is arrogant to say the least.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1983
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 1:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Mellodrama" meet "Ilovedetroit". Perhaps you two have "met in the basement kitchen at a campaign event"?

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 230
Posted From: 64.79.90.206
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royce: the Mayor has the ego of a (plaster) Greek God. Despite possessing feet of clay, he believes that he is going to be the first Black president of the United States. He has been the darling boy of the Democrats - and maybe still is. He believes that as Detroit goes - so goes the nation. That is no longer true. When GM gets sick, the nation does not any longer get pneumonia.
So the Mayor is lving in a fantasy world that his mother and the Dems have spun for him. He will keep living in it for sometime if he wins this election.

Mellodrama

Post Number: 15
Posted From: 198.208.6.35
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cleary the mayor has more substance than Hendrix and given his experience as an incumbent he is by far the better selection for the Detroit electorate hands down....

Hendrix offers nothing but a rebuke of the mayor, where is his paradigm for the City. His campaign has offered up so far is nothing but a tired rehash of his margainal service under Archer.

The electorate of Detroit simply deserves more than a forgettable bureacrat with the vison of a blind man on a tethered to the past...

Detbest

Post Number: 67
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mello, you raise some interesting and valid points in relationship to Hendrix.

HOWEVER, I would submit that the mayor is much more style than he is substance.

The same question you ask of Hendrix (regarding his paradigm) should be asked of the mayor. While I'm sure he can give a very stylish and rhetorically impressive answer it would lack substance and consistency when compared with his record.

No one yet has been able to explain to me the mayor's actions related to the city's fiscal affairs and his bungling of the budget.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 65
Posted From: 141.217.46.39
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame los this mind with that comment...i wanted him to explain himself further and tells us what he meant by that. True, we are the busiest international crossing and the Big 3 are locted here but the auto game aint what it used to be and a private citizen owns the Ambassador Bridge so what is he really saying?

Mellodrama

Post Number: 22
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Reality: I was end a GM meeting last week where the crowd kept trashing the mayor for his lousy fiscal skills, in the meeting was a GM TV which posted the GM Results for this quarter i.e $17 million loss per day and over $1 billion and some change for the quarter... I then stated perhaps GM should hire the mayor becuase he is clearly a better manager than you folks...

Of course that silenced the once arrogant crowd

Jonesy

Post Number: 90
Posted From: 68.249.236.144
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mellodrama,

GM is going to sell GMAC for a report 15 billion dollars. That will give them the cash they disperately need for their global reorganization. Now explain to me how Kwame plans to fix Detroit financial problems. Oh I remember now. Layoff police officers and fire fighters while reducing city services.

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1990
Posted From: 68.248.11.218
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Mellodrama" showing up to this forum two weeks before the election promoting Kilpatrick is not only too little, too late...but also pretty poor strategy, not to mention just plain pathetic.

By the way, the "I was at a meeting/event/etc..." line doesn't work (nor make you credible). Just ask "Ilovedetroit".

Shave
Username: Shave

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I knew it would be a matter of time before you jumped all over Mellodrama. When I read his/her post I was like "Oh, shit...Metro is coming."

You are a piece of work, you know that?

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 1992
Posted From: 68.248.11.218
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Birds of a feather Shave.

Shave
Username: Shave

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No...you are in your own little, itty-bitty world.

Jonesy

Post Number: 91
Posted From: 68.249.236.144
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't worry the race is almost over. Thank goodness I have Nov 8 off. Thank you UAW.

Mellodrama

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 1:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love dominating forums it makes life tolerable...tee hee

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 1348
Posted From: 4.229.6.15
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 2:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mellodrama, do you read the Michigan Citizen?

Cuz you certainly spout the MC line...

And "dominating" is not the first word that first comes to other forumer's mind....

(Message edited by gistok on October 27, 2005)

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3262
Posted From: 205.188.116.201
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey dumb-ass Morena: again you demonstrate your lack of knowledge about anything off your front porch.

WGPR is NOT, and I repeat - NOT, owned by RJ Watkins; nor does it broadcast from Highland Park. Dyamnnnn, you're dumb!!

Black-atcha ..... lmbao

Mellodrama

Post Number: 34
Posted From: 198.208.6.35
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gistok=more white male acute penis issues over my posts..get over me....tee hee

Morena

Post Number: 358
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Assputin:

Why I gotta be a dumb-ass? Why can't you correct me properly?

I can admit I stand corrected about one thing and that's that WGPR is in Detroit. I never said Watkins, I still want a free comcast station, was the owner of WGPR. He is the CEO/President of WHPR (88.1) in Highland Park.

On the political tip, was Blackwell brought on by WGPR to assist Tatem Eason at WHPR to help offset Gaddis' morning attacks on the mayor?

Now get back to washing them stakin ass drawers in the sink ya old bat!

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 1353
Posted From: 4.229.72.155
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mellodrama..... I could tell from your comments on the Rosa Parks thread, that you like to badmouth messrs. Keith, Archer and Hendrix. Why?

(Message edited by gistok on October 27, 2005)

1honey

Post Number: 861
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's gettin' hot in here...

Morena

Post Number: 361
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so take off all yo clothes ...

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3194
Posted From: 67.37.84.201
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Royce: the Mayor has the ego of a (plaster) Greek God. Despite possessing feet of clay, he believes that he is going to be the first Black president of the United States.

Does Helmut supporters feel that a Black man can't be president? That sounds like Ward Connely's train of thinking. If his feet is as stated, why is it proving so hard to defeat him? Too much hating and not enough substance from the Helmut folks. Its why Helmut can't get more than 40%, of the projected voter turnout, support. (Even that number is in question.)

quote:

On the political tip, was Blackwell brought on by WGPR to assist Tatem Eason at WHPR to help offset Gaddis' morning attacks on the mayor?

Mildred's secret is out of the closet? How about Tatum's?

Royce

Post Number: 1249
Posted From: 69.212.41.81
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 4:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Does Helmut supporters feel that a black man can't be president?" - Brian 10/28/05

Brian, you have said some stupid shit before, but this has to be the most stupid question you have ever posed on this forum? For one thing, the thread is about who will be the next mayor of Detroit, not the next president of the United States. Secondly, if supporters of Hendrix are willing to vote for him as mayor and he happens to be black, then who's to say that we wouldn't vote for a black man for president?

Brian, your question makes no logical sense. This is just another post where you try to end with a question about Hendrix's supporters and whatever. This has become a very tired habit of yours, Brian. Do you think you can write a post that doesn't pose a question to Hendrix's supporters?

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3199
Posted From: 67.37.83.61
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Helmut supporters don't offer any information about their candidate. Helmut supporters only attack KK and ask for the anyone but kk vote.

Helmut supporters made the president quote above and now Helmut supporters can't back up their own attacks.

Helmut supporters like to attack non-Helmut supporters by calling them names, using derogatory words and other methods like ridicule.

What will Helmut supports say and do if KK loses? They won't have anything left to say unless they become the Helmut attack group.

Damn Royce, as a self proclaimed Black man can you give your own answer or do you insist of speaking for all Helmut supporters? Gramar aside of course, you know what the question means.

Royce

Post Number: 1261
Posted From: 69.215.17.137
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brian, you almost got through that post without asking a question, but you just couldn't resist. The truth of the matter is that it was you and your McPhail supporters that came on this forum and attacked Hendrix's so unmercilously with unsubstantiated claims that got us Hendrix supporters to speak out against these attacks. We did not go out of our way to attack non-Hendrix supporters. It was you and your crew, Brian, that did that to Hendrix supporters.

You are full of it, Brian, and I'm not trying to bad-mouth or insult you. It's just a sad and truthful fact. What you need to know about Hendrix can be seen in his record as deputy mayor and on his website. If that's not good enough for you, then that's too bad. What more do we Hendrix supporters have to tell you about him that you don't already know? Give me a break.

BTW, I don't claim to speak for all Hendrix supporters. However, I know many of them agree with me and my views when they concern you and your views. What do you think of that, Brian?

Norm
Username: Norm

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 141.156.248.100
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Helmut supporters like to attack non-Helmut supporters by calling them names, using derogatory words and other methods like ridicule."

Um, Brian, do you mean like you and other KK supporters calling Freman Hendrix "Helmut"? You are the pot calling the kettle black.