Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Grande Ballroom » I Remember when ........ « Previous Next »
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

(Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 207.69.137.9
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we used to lie to our parents and then sneak down to the grande. there was always a cool band and strange people dressed in odd clothing. the smell in the air was sweet with patchouli or grass.we would walk around and around like in a wonderland of lights, scents, sound. It was like being somewhere that was forbidden yet calling us in to join.It was a place of no inhibitions and love and peace were everywhere

(Message approved by leob)

(Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whew. Where is everybody? I just came down ... found myself in Costa Rica. You were all supposed to meet me here, remember?? Figures. Hello?? No problem ... I can wait. In-a-gadda-da-vida baby. Are all these toucans, monkeys, hummingbirds, volcanos and waterfalls real, or chemically induced? Am I dreaming them or are they dreaming me? If I don't see you here, I'll see you on the next world don't be late. Peace - Larry "Lorenzo" Meholick Grande class of '67

Glenn Sinkule (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 69.232.73.155
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember a lot of cool things that happen in the “ Grande Ballroom”. I was young then, probably 15 or 16. My older brother , Mike and his friend Mike Hashy or Jim Cummingham aloud me to tag along with them to the Grande, I am grateful to them. I particularly remember two thing other then the smells and other interesting sights, they are first, the painted wall just above the full length urinals in the men’s bathroom i n which read “CREAM” perhaps a dual meaning??? And of course the light shows that took place behind the stage, with the groovy way the water and oil flow into one seemed to set an allure of Psychedelic enhancement. That all for now.
Glenn

Dillpicklesoup
Username: Dillpicklesoup

Post Number: 24
Posted From: 64.7.187.5
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my grandparents use to dance there-
they thought it was fabalous-

(Message approved by admin)

guest (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 4.229.129.52
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

October 7th,2006 at the Royal Oak Music Theater we are holding the 40th anniversary of the opening of the Grande Ballroom concert honoring Russ Gibb. Big Brother & The Holding Co.,Canned Heat among others will attend. We are looking for Grande musicians and alumni. Contact Tom at savethegrande@netzero.net

Crawlo
Username: Crawlo

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 7:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GRANDE BALLROOM REUNION EVENT SCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 7TH, 2006 AT THE ROYAL OAK MUSIC THEATER!

(Message approved by admin)

kevin kelly (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 24.231.235.6
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My friends jimmy poluto[decest] and head[gary] probably decest, were trying to get into the MC5 show the night they recorded the album live. No luck the place was full and the rent-a-cops were playing hardball. John Sinclair saw our plite and leaned his huge body against the cop, pinning him against the wall. Then waved us in. No time to thank him then so now, THANK YOU, John Sinclair