Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » An open letter to ILD « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lurker
Username: Lurker

Post Number: 1480
Posted From: 68.73.205.235
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 1:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear ILD,

Through your 1,500+ posts on the mayoral thread, you have shown your passion for Detroit. You have also shown that you can be a complete asshole. Hopefully, your passion for the city will win over your asshol-edness. Now that this mayoral shit is done, hopefully you will continue to contribute to the forum, not as a complete shill, but as a proud Detroiter.

Signed,
Lurker

P.S. Hey Brian - Knock-knock ... Helmut... helmut... helmut....

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1580
Posted From: 68.40.230.108
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 6:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lurker-

I am a VERY proud supporter of this city. You may call my an asshole (I suppose you could not help yourself) but I love this city. It was NEVER and easy decision for me to support the mayor. My heart still is with a Mayor McPhail, who I still feel would have been best for Detroit. After doing my due diligence on BOTH candidates (immediately after the primary) I came to the conclusion (and not easily) that Kilpatrick was our best choice (and yes I never thought I would say that). I have known for a long time that Hendrix was not right. Funny enough Lurker folks on this forum helped to push me over the edge for Kilpatrick esp., my friends Metro and Danny and their hatred towards McPhail and Kilpatrick oddly enough I know that several others feel the same way.

So in conclusion. WE WILL BE OK! This city will go on. And we will all re-build together. It is a wonderful place to live and we just have to make it better and to attract more people back home to Detroit.

So to those Hendrix supporters good job - trust me I know what it is like to be on the losing end and it is painful and disbelieving.

Your friend and fellow Detroiter,
ILD

Rolen
Username: Rolen

Post Number: 18
Posted From: 63.24.6.102
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The dumb bells that make up the voters of Detroit are a bunch of jerks and the rest of the country is laughing. The big man with the small head has won and the decline of Detoit will continue until it is a suburb of that GREAT metropolis, Highland Park. That report came out not to long ago about Detoit having the most illiterates has been proven. Hah. The decline continues.

Mellodrama
Username: Mellodrama

Post Number: 237
Posted From: 198.208.159.17
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rolen,

99% of those who were invloved in watergate were lierate college educated the only one who was not and saved the country was Frank the security guard..

You must be one of those educated watergate types....tee hee

Your candiate loss he did not measure up deal with and stop whinning like a litle O

Brian
Username: Brian

Post Number: 3219
Posted From: 68.73.32.109
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Feel like a winner Ilovedetroit? You are enjoy. These Helmut folks will be back to attack. They built up so much hatred that all they know and do is worse that white folks from Livonia. They want to tear everything down in their loss. They were sore winners and now they are sore losers.

Brian Dickerson, Nolan Finley and the Lynch Mob won't quit. The letters to the two dailies from all those suburbanites are just hatefull.

I am still a McPhail supporter and she was on stage last night with KK. Now that they are talking instead of falling for the tricks to keep them divided I think we will see better days ahead.

I don't know if you will understand the reference but as the best explanation for this occurance,
Black is Back

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1609
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hahaha well said Brian.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1264
Posted From: 69.217.228.133
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

So in conclusion. WE WILL BE OK! This city will go on. And we will all re-build together. It is a wonderful place to live and we just have to make it better and to attract more people back home to Detroit.

I wish I was as optimistic as you, but I doubt your conclusion. Kilpatrick is lots of talk, but Detroit needs talk like New Orleans needs another hurricane.

Oh, well - y'all won. Congrats.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 1428
Posted From: 4.229.90.192
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 2:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD, well stated (your first post)! You were passionate, and sometimes that passion caused you some grief on this forum. But you can also be gracious, and that is a virtue not seen too often around here sometimes! :-)

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1610
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why thank you Giston. I am not all that bad...a little naughty at times but not bad :-)

Naturalsister
Username: Naturalsister

Post Number: 384
Posted From: 68.30.90.59
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Imagine that kind of passion for Detroit and what's happening here from, let's say - 20% of the city's population.

We have to get high on us if we want others to as well.

later - naturalsister

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 9332
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I am still a McPhail supporter

Thus making you a LOSER! LMAO

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 350
Posted From: 69.216.142.110
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Supersport, since you were a Freman supporter...that makes you a loser too!

Motorcitymayor2026
Username: Motorcitymayor2026

Post Number: 143
Posted From: 71.10.63.140
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can we all be friends now and focus on changing Detroit? :-) Prolly not, but worth a shot

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1630
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2005 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lets all get along. Come on Sport...I was really beginning to like you. When I buy you that beer check for spit :-)

McPhail isn't a loser her endorsement put him over the top - and she was the brains behind the commercial that Hendrix said was what did him in (KK's school board commercial). She may have lost but she sure helped the winner to win! Funny thing is Hendrix had a chance to get her and her supporters endorsement - he just didn't try. Arrogance almost always loses out in the long run.

Water under the bridge lets move on.

Bratt - Thank you! You are fabulous.