Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Detroit Mayoral Election Super Thread » Elements of Kwame's Win « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jdmdetroit
Username: Jdmdetroit

Post Number: 120
Posted From: 170.20.11.116
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here they are, as I see things:

-- Late biz community financial support that breathed new life Kilpatrick's campaign: http://www.freep.com/money/bus iness/walsh28e_20051028.htm. Make no mistake about it, Kwame is giving the business community everything it wants (which is not all bad, but not what most people think he's doing).

-- Rosa Parks' death. Kwame did a great job at the funeral, while Hendrix remained practically invisible. Hendrix can't help that he was not asked to speak at the funeral. BUT... he could have made a gesture -- such as buying a full-page ad honoring Parks. And he should have opened up to the press about what she meant to him personally.

-- Hendrix's campaign. Hendrix tried to run out the clock after the primary. He didn't articulate his plan well enough (and yes, he DID have one). And, when negative press hit him (such as when his son was arrested), he didn't react well. He just waited for Kwame to provide a jucier story to the media.

(Message edited by jdmdetroit on November 09, 2005)

Mellodrama
Username: Mellodrama

Post Number: 241
Posted From: 198.208.159.17
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I posted here numerous time KK was clearly the better option hands down on so many issues.

Voters in Detroit despite being slammed today as dumb primates have good sense and I respect them.

Rosa Parks factor had nothing to do with the outcome hendrix's campaign was all about a moral compass failure of KK .. freman was campaign manager of clinton he should have known that..

One final note Archer remains a empty suit with zero clout and influence..

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1601
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If we were so dumb then why did we vote out Jackie Currie.

Rosedaleken
Username: Rosedaleken

Post Number: 104
Posted From: 141.213.52.147
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Had these recent absentee ballot problems not surfaced, I'm sure she'd have been reelected.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1604
Posted From: 68.40.230.108
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ken. Well she was a supporter of Hendrix so if she had counted it would be her and him in and KK out. Thank goodness for the FBI.