Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Del Ray to Downtown - Jan. 10, 2006 » Le Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2160
Posted From: 66.167.58.137
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Straits of Detroit
Riverside Park at the foot of W. Grand Blvd.
<< LAST -- NEXT >>
v
Comments? Bring back memories? Have more information? Add them below.
<< LAST -- NEXT >>

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 690
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beatiful picture Lowell. This is exactly the type of photo I need for the new house. Hint...hint.
When did you take this one???

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2198
Posted From: 66.167.58.137
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Del Ray to Downtown - Jan. 10, 2006" :-)

Jeffrey_thomas
Username: Jeffrey_thomas

Post Number: 33
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember a hot july-august night in the late 80's. I used to take my girl friends to the foot of the road that leads to the jw wescott building to do my moves on them.
This one particular night there was a commotion in the park probably about 10 yards from where the picture was taken, we heard a man say "kiss my ass, motha fucka" and as we looked he bent over and dropped his low riding shorts and exposed his big ass. Well the person he was telling this to pulled out a .25 automatic and blasted dude right in both cheeks. Needless to say my suburban gal I was with was about three shades whiter than normal so I took her to a bar in the michigan/livernois area to calm down, which was robbed at gun point about 5 minutes before we arrived, so upon learning that she wanted to go home and then move out of state 2 months later. I tried to explain "shit happens with the full moon"
but she never bought it and I went home empty handed. Typical Detroit happenings.

Pamequus
Username: Pamequus

Post Number: 26
Posted From: 158.229.218.204
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell:

Do you know what the two story brick building near the bridge is? Seems to me that my Mom used to go to a building like that near the bridge to an unwed mother's home to pick up the babies that were being adopted.

And I agree.....it's a beautiful pic.

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2693
Posted From: 66.167.210.191
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That building is the service building for the Westcott, a mail boat that runs mail and other items out to passing freighters. See http://www.boatnerd.com/westco tt/mbtnnw.htm for some great pictures.