Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » ::: Moving to Detroit - Where Should I Live? ::: » Success Story: Crain's Mentions DetroitYES connection in move « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3381
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From this Dec. 4-10 Crain's:
Small Town in the City
Convenience, urban style drive anesthesiologist to move downtown.

Snippet:
“I work in Ann Arbor, but most of my entertainment has always been to go to Detroit, go to restaurants, sporting events.”

“Last year when I volunteered for the Super Bowl, I was in the city pretty much every day, Wednesday through Saturday. That’s when I think I started noticing the lofts on Woodward and thought they were kind of cool.” In September he solicited advice from visitors at www.Detroityes.com about places to live in the city. One told him to check out a loft at The Eureka.

“I really liked it the first time I saw it. I could see my furniture would fit. I loved the location and the incredible view of the Detroit Opera House, the Detroit Athletic Club and beyond, but at that point I was still looking at other places and wasn’t 100 percent sure.”

When he went back to see the unit a few days later, it was filled with guests from Crain’s Detroit House Party on Sept. 28.“When I saw 15 to 20 people milling around in the loft, drinking wine, eating hors d’oeuvres, the space looked so much better. The sun was setting in the west and the DAC was completely bathed in sunlight, and I thought, ‘What a great view.’ ”

“I basically made the decision right then and there.” He told the property manager that evening to begin the process that would allow him to move in Nov. 1.
Top of pageBottom of page

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1474
Posted on Monday, December 31, 2007 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button at the top to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: