Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Ootpik's Old /Detroit Photos - Where Is This? » Old Photo XVII - Delcore Pizzeria « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ookpik
Username: Ookpik

Post Number: 64
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 8:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pic

Has anyone ever heard of or remember this pizzeria?

For a larger version of the photo, please click here

Ookpik

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1148
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 157
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, Ookpik... You just had to ruin the winning streak with this seemingly impossible to identify image. So little clues in this picture, you can't even see the pizza place, just the sign. That white square building in the background on the right might be a clue, but I don't recognize it...

Ookpik

Post Number: 65
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree - there is virtually nothing to identify the location in this picture. I was hoping that someone may have heard of, visited or remembered the pizzeria.

Ookpik

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 1587
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't know whether it's related but this webpage mentions pizza and Delcore.

Ookpik

Post Number: 66
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, I saw that - that is the only thing on the entire internet that mentions pizza and Delcore.

Ookpik

The_nerd
Username: The_nerd

Post Number: 402
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a couple of hunches...

Seems to be on the eastside in the 6/7 mile area between Mt. Eliot and Van Dyke.

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3067
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I came up dry. My 1961 Detroit phone book has only one resident with that last name. Maybe it's just outside the city limits.

Yelloweyes
Username: Yelloweyes

Post Number: 83
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The building in the background might be a Telephone company building. I know there is one similar on Cadieux/Mack.

Ookpik

Post Number: 70
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea, that is a strange one. There are very few people in the state with that last name and only 100 or so nation wide. I would guess the pizzeria lasted only a year or two. A friend or relative probably took the photo because I can see no reason to take it otherwise. Thanks for the attempt.