Discuss Detroit » Hall of Fame Threads » Ootpik's Old /Detroit Photos - Where Is This? » Old Photo XXXIII - Where Is This? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ookpik
Username: Ookpik

Post Number: 170
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Salem Luthern Church located on the corner of Forest E and ? Research shows that the congregation appears to have moved to a church in Westland. Is the church depicted still standing?

For a larger version of the photo, please click here

Ookpik

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2164
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a baptist church now on the corner of Forest and Iroquois, kitty corner to Pingree Park.

Winstin_o_boogie_iii
Username: Winstin_o_boogie_iii

Post Number: 88
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 7:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Presently, that building is Mt. Calvary Baptist Church and houses the Mark Twain Annex Library branch of Detroit Public LIbrary.

http://www.detroitpubliclibrar y.org/mark_twain/mark_twain_in dex.htm

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1437
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just wondering Ookpik, did you run out of photos or motivation to keep these picture-ID threads going? I'm sure I'm not the only person who misses them.

Ookpik
Username: Ookpik

Post Number: 362
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi E_hemingway,

Several have asked the same question recently. Yes, for the most part, I ran out of photos that I felt where taken in Detroit but couldn't identify. I'm sure there may be one or two more left in pile and when they surface, I will post them. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos.

Ookpik