Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » I would like to make amends to Lowell the creator of DetroitYes and all the members... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Livedog2
Username: Livedog2

Post Number: 537
Posted From: 24.223.133.177
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would like to make amends to Lowell the creator of DetroitYes and all the members of the DetroitYes Forums. I am making amends for the fact that I allowed myself to be sucked into the game of hatred, disrespect, racism and disparaging remarks. I am human with human frailties but when I’m wrong I know it and I know what to do to make it right.

The reasons I am doing this are fourfold the first is a sign of respect for Lowell that started this great website, next I am doing it for the members that don’t need to hear my negativity, number three I love Detroit history and that’s what I want to talk about and lastly for myself because I don’t need to be in that space and create that kind of energy for my soul.

The DetroitYes website is not my own playground to do as I please without consideration of others – I recognize and accept that fact. Everybody has and will have their opinions about anything and everything but I don’t need to react to it. That’s all I have to say about this topic.

Livedog2

Newlaster
Username: Newlaster

Post Number: 175
Posted From: 69.136.136.209
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isn't that the speech that Lindsay Lohan gave at the end of "Mean Girls"?

Soulhawk
Username: Soulhawk

Post Number: 277
Posted From: 68.61.97.142
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Livedog,
I have not seen all of your possibly offensive remarks but I can say that I too, have, in the past, made some outrageous statements and gone on rants about other members. My venom was mostly spewed on Soulful Detroit. After I made the remarks I, like yourself, realized that my actions were innapropriate. The members of the site were awesome and accepted my apology. So, though you have never come out against me or any of my posts, I feel a need to extend the goodwill and say that I will harbor no ill will towards you or your future posts.

Livedog2

Post Number: 539
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, Soulhawk. I appreciate your kind words. It just occurred to me that I am responsible for me and I don't need to get involved in all that "stuff." Anyone can say anything they want to me but they own what they say whether they accept that fact or not. But, I'm responsible for what comes out of my mouth, so to speak, and that's what I want to concentrate my efforts on.

Livedog2

Paulj
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 403
Posted From: 68.248.72.4
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 3:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

live and learn. it's ok to do the first as long as you do the second. I too have been guilty of getting a little over-zealous as well.

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 6176
Posted From: 69.136.149.133
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's my observation that no one "lures" you into making homophobic remarks. You just put them out there on your own, apropos of nothing, for the fun of it.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 946
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 8:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or the ghetto=black remarks or the jew remarks... the list could really go on and on.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 221
Posted From: 69.221.64.123
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good going, Livedog2. I have been "keeping up" with the Daily Hate thread for my own amusement, and I was really starting to wonder why you were lowering yourself to get into a pissing match with the likes of Rasputin.

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 1963
Posted From: 150.198.150.244
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good job livedog2, I would never use disrespect and disparaging remarks. It is nice of you to join the club. There is too much hate on this website. Where is the love?

Livedog2

Post Number: 541
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the support. It's just not where I want to be in my life. And, as I said I am responsible for me and no one else. Besides, how does that saying go, "What we say reverberates in eternity so, just make sure what you say is what you want to say."

Livedog2

Paulj
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 405
Posted From: 68.249.241.80
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not to mention that anything you ever type into a computer is saved forever, somewhere. It's a public space & not a private journal. food for thought

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10231
Posted From: 64.118.137.226
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Livedog2,

Buck up little camper, we'll beat that slope together!

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1260
Posted From: 63.41.8.179
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who are you calling a slope, round eye?

Almost anything can be misconstrued if one is looking to take offense.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2363
Posted From: 4.229.3.166
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Livedog2.... one thing I've learned is that you should also be more cautious about which threads you read.

Some threads are like magnets for all the "bottom feeders" (Detroit AND Suburban) on the Forum.... nothing but hate and bigotry. And it is amazing at how many books or lectures they can quote to support their cause. (Hell even Neo-Nazi's can quote their beliefs from a book.) Their minds are already made up, so don't bother confusing them with the facts.

All it does is get your blood pressure way up, and can ruin your day. Words to live by: "the person who angers me, controls me."

Stick to the rebuilding of Detroit threads. The bottom feeders usually don't go there, except to say "Tear that Shitt Down" or "why should my tax money go to fix up that Dinosaur".

You will also notice that the bottom feeders rarely take the time to become knowledgeable about the old buildings of Detroit.

Livedog2

Post Number: 551
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So right, Gistok! It took me a little while but not long before I figured it out. There are plenty of people willing to arguing with what you referred to as the bottom feeders. I wasn’t attracted to this site to argue, I was attracted by my love and interest in all things Detroit. These hate filled people can only fuel their hatred by having people argue with them. If there were no people to argue or push up against they would lose interest and go somewhere else which is what we who are interested in the “Love of Detroit” are all looking forward to.

Truly words of wisdom: All it does is get your blood pressure way up, and can ruin your day. Words to live by: "the person who angers me, controls me." high five And, for me an act of disrespect toward Lowell for me to participate in that nonsense and turmoil. If I love something as much as I Love Detroit and this site helps me to know my love better then respect is the best thing I can return to Lowell. That’s it in a nutshell for me and nothing more complicated than that! I don’t need or chose to get into these other topics that have nothing to do with Detroit and my love of it. I also don’t need to answer people that deviate from my interest in this website. To do or not to do, to say or not to say is a choice.

So, thank you for your comments and support in pursuing my Love of Detroit, Gistok!

detroit

Livedog2

Pdtpuck
Username: Pdtpuck

Post Number: 83
Posted From: 208.251.168.194
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 6:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

think we'll see Ras or Super_D on this thread?

:-)

Frank_c
Username: Frank_c

Post Number: 597
Posted From: 207.200.116.139
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Think you will see Karl over here, I'm done over on Non-Detroit issues. The hate is to thick and one sided, and bombastic.

Thanks Livedog2.

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 3834
Posted From: 207.168.253.102
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jesus Christ I think you all need a Midol.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2366
Posted From: 4.229.72.197
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jelk always has something to "Carp" about.... :-)

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1629
Posted From: 208.44.117.10
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here you go Jelk

Frank_c
Username: Frank_c

Post Number: 600
Posted From: 207.200.116.139
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I promise to be more polite!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.