Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning July 2006 » In Your Face All The Tigers Haters.... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 9
Posted From: 66.184.3.44
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a lifelong Detroiter, and A HUGE TIGERS FAN who has suffered through the worst decade in Detroit baseball history, I have always followed my beloved Bengles through the years. I even listened through more games than one mortal man should bear in Ernie's last year as THE VOICE OF BASEBALL... THE VOICE OF THE DETROIT TIGERS...
That said, I am HAPPY to say THE ROAR HAS BEEN RESTORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I invite all the TRUE TIGERS FANS to join me in organising a group effort to go to a Tigers' game. It would be great if we stopped by the old corner to pay our last respects to Michigan and Trumbull. Then maybe had a bite to eat at Nemo's Pub for their great burgers... ambiance... history... you get the picture.(Reedy's Saloon having closed) and followed a path to "THE COPA" and continued our trip to CHEER OUR BELOVED TIGERS TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!! Anyone interested can contact me at my email....ejdetroit@hotmail.com

Drm
Username: Drm

Post Number: 997
Posted From: 70.227.85.97
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 1:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It would be great if we stopped by the old corner to pay our last respects to Michigan and Trumbull.

Last respects? The corner isn't going anywhere. If Mayor Kilpatrick has his way, the sacred ground will exist forever as a baseball diamond for all of our children and grandchildren to enjoy. Otherwise, great idea. Summer is certainly better when we have a winning baseball team.

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 14
Posted From: 66.184.3.44
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 1:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amen

7milekid
Username: 7milekid

Post Number: 113
Posted From: 68.61.161.193
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DRM, Demolition work on Tiger Stadium is going to begin this summer or next. But I'm def up for going to a game with the group, im there almost every night anyways

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10262
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

DRM, Demolition work on Tiger Stadium is going to begin this summer or next.

Yeah DRM, ACT LIKE YOU KNOW!

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 771
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is nice to see the team is now in just about every game. That pitching should keep them close for the rest of the season.
After so many crummy seasons, it's fun to have a winning baseball team back in Detroit

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 2390
Posted From: 4.229.72.152
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate the term "THE COPA".... it reminds me of Barry Manilow..... :-(

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.